Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Game of the Year
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
Benzilla
What do you guys think for winning GOTY?

I think the possible contenders are:

Fable 2
Gears of War 2
Fallout 3
Grand Theft Auto IV
Little Big Planet
Mirror's Edge
FarCry 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
TheAnalogKid2112

GLC
LBP would be my prediction. I've not even played it yet but it looks that good tongue.gif
Kamahl
no Metal Gear Solid 4???

I said it before, its between MGS4 and GTA 4
Sharpie Fetish
MGS4 Its one kickass game and lives up to the hype if it does not win i will feel robbed
HongKongPhooey
gta4 duhhhhhh
ViceMan
*agrees*

"Duuuuhhhh" GTA IV.

Unless GTA:<Insert next city name here> is announced and released within the next two months.
TheAnalogKid2112
I see none of you have played LittleBigPlanet.
Pieface
Fable 2, at the moment. And I have played LittleBigPlanet smile.gif
PabloHoneyOle
LBP is a PS3 exclusive game, I doubt it will beat out a multi-console game, especially one as awesome as GTA4. The upcoming PC release of GTA4 and dare I say the possibility of DLC before end of year; I think GTA4 will win hands down.
ViceMan
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Oct 26 2008, 09:38 PM) [snapback]1469811[/snapback]

Nope, and I don't particularly want to. It doesn't really appeal to me. Now i'm just gonna wait for hoardes of LBP supporters to flame me and say i'm totally wrong. sleep.gif
Harrop
I think GTA IV will just for the ridiculous amount of money it made and near perfect reviews, although I don't think it's good enough to be named GOTY, I think it will be between GTA IV, LBP & MGS4, I haven't actually played MGS4 & LBP though because I haven't got a PS3, I'm just going off trailers and things that I have read about them.
FuddMan
I reckon Gears of War 2 will snag it tbh.
Indy
Fallout takes my vote.
DiO
QUOTE(ViceMan @ Oct 27 2008, 09:21 AM) [snapback]1469885[/snapback]

Nope, and I don't particularly want to. It doesn't really appeal to me. Now i'm just gonna wait for hoardes of LBP supporters to flame me and say i'm totally wrong. sleep.gif

Fact!You are wrong.

You should play it before you say that really. I think It is between LBP, MGS4 and GTA IV. Probably GTA IV.
bOnEs
turning point: fall of liberty FTW!!
DiO
QUOTE(turd burglar @ Oct 27 2008, 03:52 PM) [snapback]1469943[/snapback]

....I heard it was shit.
Benzilla
QUOTE(Kamahl @ Oct 26 2008, 07:27 PM) [snapback]1469800[/snapback]
no Metal Gear Solid 4???

I said it before, its between MGS4 and GTA 4

Fixed. Sorry, I forgot.
bOnEs
QUOTE(Distruckshun-OvardriEv @ Oct 27 2008, 05:16 PM) [snapback]1469945[/snapback]

....I heard it was shit.

i herd that too... that's why i've HERD because i sure as hell haven't played it biggrin.gif...
Benzilla
QUOTE(turd burglar @ Oct 27 2008, 10:19 PM) [snapback]1469962[/snapback]
QUOTE(Distruckshun-OvardriEv @ Oct 27 2008, 05:16 PM) [snapback]1469945[/snapback]

....I heard it was shit.

i herd that too... that's why i've HAERD because i sure as hell haven't played it biggrin.gif...

You have the chipped xbox!? mad.gif
Harrop
QUOTE(IndĽ @ Oct 27 2008, 07:29 PM) [snapback]1469931[/snapback]
Fallout takes my vote.

I don't think it will, not with the reviews its getting at the minute anyway, it's averaging at like 9.3 and going as low as 8.8 and thats just not GOTY material.

It will defo be between GTA IV, MGS4, LBP & GoW2 imo.
HongKongPhooey

i know LBP is the shit but come on we are talking grand theft auto here, its the most dominating game ever shit cant be stoped. Every game has been better than the last "minus thier bargain buy games which themselves own like a mother fucker"

LBP is a amazing game but its no fucking gta i've been playing gta for a decade youve been playing lbp for a week.

Rockstar is the most innovated gaming supplier ever, just wait they will win 2010 with LA Noire too lol. Most expensive game ever.

edit: I was gonna LBP but i need to stay focused on gta i got a problem with losing. I played sr2 for a week and i got rusty so no more of that shit. i got a reputation to keep up.
Indy
IMO, it's between GTAIV, MGS4 and Fallout3. I really don't think Gears is gonna make the cut tbh, even though it is an awesome game, its been done before.
DiO
Fallout 3 - 93% (Fuck Game Daily)
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/939933.asp

LittlebigPlanet - 95%
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/938...littlebigplanet

Metal Gear Solid 4 - 93% (Fuck UK Jolt and Worth Playing)
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/926596.asp

GTA IV - 97%
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/933036.asp?q=gta%20iv

Fable 2 - 90%
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/927...asp?q=fable%202

BioShock PS3 - 95%
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/931330.asp

According to this GTA wins but I frankly think overall averages of games reviews are bullshit. Only slightly more bullshit than actual reviews. GOTY better not rely on this shit.
EDeNYC101
Gears of War 2
Grand Theft Auto IV
Mirror's Edge (doesnt look intresting to me)
FarCry 2 (heard mixed reviews bout this one)

Out of those, my vote will be for Gears of War 2. I cut the others out cause I havent tried them yet so I cant pass judgment on them.
I Made Your Mom In GMod
Having actually played many of these games at the Eurogamer Expo 2008 today (*smug bastard noises*), I can safely say Mirror's Edge is my firm favourite for GOTY. It's been getting mixed reviews from various places but I personally think it's fucking fantastic. It's smooth, plays wonderfully, looks fantastic and requires genuine skill to play well, which is a Far Cry (2, which I also played incidentally) from most games of today.
I also had a go on Killzone 2 which is definitely a contender for 2009. Graphics are great (radiosity lighting ftw) and it's a really good, solid game to play.

But yeah, Medge for 2008 GOTY.
Benzilla
Mr Trevennor, you stay out of this topic. I don't trust you, with your pickyness and what-not.
Indy
Lookin at D-O's post, it's probably gonna be GTAIV that wins GOTY. Honestly, I don't think it deserves it, the game wasn't that good, and I can say that now.
DiO
QUOTE(I Made the guy who works at the cemetary In GMod @ Oct 28 2008, 07:17 PM) [snapback]1470071[/snapback]
Having actually played many of these games at the Eurogamer Expo 2008 today (*smug bastard noises*), I can safely say Mirror's Edge is my firm favourite for GOTY. It's been getting mixed reviews from various places but I personally think it's fucking fantastic. It's smooth, plays wonderfully, looks fantastic and requires genuine skill to play well, which is a Far Cry (2, which I also played incidentally) from most games of today.
I also had a go on Killzone 2 which is definitely a contender for 2009. Graphics are great (radiosity lighting ftw) and it's a really good, solid game to play.

You lucky smug bastard. (*Whiny pre-teen moaning noises*) How was FarCry 2? That game god mixed reviews but it looks amazing. You and your radiosity.

QUOTE(IndĽ @ Oct 29 2008, 09:42 AM) [snapback]1470123[/snapback]
Lookin at D-O's post, it's probably gonna be GTAIV that wins GOTY. Honestly, I don't think it deserves it, the game wasn't that good, and I can say that now.

It doesn't deserve to be a sure winner like it probably is. But it does deserve to be a contender.
FuddMan
Yeah, GTA IV doesn't deserve GOTY imo. Rockstar sucked out too much of the insanity in favour of a more realistic setting which made it difficult to keep playing. I played SA for months on end, even with no multiplayer, because there was so much you could do. You can't even do a bit of faggotry role play in GTA IV; you can't dress up as a cop and beat the shit out of anyone who swears at you, you can't walk around in black clothes and cut everyone's throat like a ninja, etc. Even the cheats were totally dumbed down - how many times have people said that the peds riot cheat is one of the best things about GTAIII/VC/SA? And now all we have are health, armour and vehicle spawn cheats. After spending some time away from GTA IV, I'm not sure even the DLC can bring it back for me, because the game is flawed at a fundamental level. The only thing I can say I really love about GTA IV is Niko.
Sharpie Fetish
There's one game getting my vote and thats Pier Solar
Benzilla
QUOTE(Sharpie Fetish @ Oct 29 2008, 11:00 PM) [snapback]1470202[/snapback]
There's one game getting my vote and thats Pier Solar

Maybe next year. unsure.gif
Harrop
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Oct 29 2008, 10:41 PM) [snapback]1470197[/snapback]
Yeah, GTA IV doesn't deserve GOTY imo. Rockstar sucked out too much of the insanity in favour of a more realistic setting which made it difficult to keep playing. I played SA for months on end, even with no multiplayer, because there was so much you could do. You can't even do a bit of fine gentlemangotry role play in GTA IV; you can't dress up as a cop and beat the shit out of anyone who swears at you, you can't walk around in black clothes and cut everyone's throat like a ninja, etc. Even the cheats were totally dumbed down - how many times have people said that the peds riot cheat is one of the best things about GTAIII/VC/SA? And now all we have are health, armour and vehicle spawn cheats. After spending some time away from GTA IV, I'm not sure even the DLC can bring it back for me, because the game is flawed at a fundamental level. The only thing I can say I really love about GTA IV is Niko.

I totally agree, they better sort there shit out next time or I think they may lose alot of loyal fans.
HongKongPhooey
pfft youll still buy it, you all will still buy it
Harrop
QUOTE(HongKongPhooey @ Oct 30 2008, 12:30 PM) [snapback]1470252[/snapback]
pfft youll still buy it, you all will still buy it

I probably will but if they keep taking the piss and make me wait until next March or something then I won't just for the principle and by then I will probably be playing Resident Evil 5 lol.
1UP
I think MGS4 deserves it the most, but I don't think it will get GOTY, that usually goes to the most currently hyped up game even if it isn't great. So my moneys on LBP or Gears.

I still haven't been able to get my own efin copy of LBP yet. >_>
DiO
QUOTE(1UP @ Oct 30 2008, 01:56 PM) [snapback]1470300[/snapback]
I think MGS4 deserves it the most, but I don't think it will get GOTY, that usually goes to the most currently hyped up game even if it isn't great. So my moneys on LBP or Gears.

I still haven't been able to get my own efin copy of LBP yet. >_>

You suck.
I Made Your Mom In GMod
QUOTE(Distruckshun-OvardriEv @ Oct 29 2008, 03:22 PM) [snapback]1470139[/snapback]
QUOTE(I Made the guy who works at the cemetary In GMod @ Oct 28 2008, 07:17 PM) [snapback]1470071[/snapback]

You lucky smug bastard. (*Whiny pre-teen moaning noises*) How was FarCry 2? That game god mixed reviews but it looks amazing. You and your radiosity.

QUOTE(IndĽ @ Oct 29 2008, 09:42 AM) [snapback]1470123[/snapback]

It doesn't deserve to be a sure winner like it probably is. But it does deserve to be a contender.

During the time I spent with it I got the impression that it's crap but I REALLY want to play it again now. I'm doing a write up of the event on my blog at the mo'.
HongKongPhooey
La Noire is thier next gta but with detectives rather than immigrants
asthenia
LA Noire is gonna be fucking sweet. I hope.

Games are letting me down alot recently, but MCLA is bringing back my faith.. LBP will too. And Fallout I hope.

I'm leaving to go get Fallout soon. biggrin.gif
DiO
Yay, Lazz blog update.
Benzilla
Lazz what's your blog again? I forget.
Sharpie Fetish
QUOTE(Eddie Dean @ Oct 31 2008, 10:09 AM) [snapback]1470387[/snapback]

Games are letting me down alot recently, but MCLA is bringing back my faith.. LBP will too. And Fallout I hope.

WAT ABOUT PIER SOLAR???

srsly anyone who owns a (working) megadrive needs to buy this to add to there collection i know i am
FuddMan
QUOTE(Sharpie Fetish @ Oct 31 2008, 10:57 PM) [snapback]1470441[/snapback]
QUOTE(Eddie Dean @ Oct 31 2008, 10:09 AM) [snapback]1470387[/snapback]

WAT ABOUT PIER SOLAR???

srsly anyone who owns a (working) megadrive needs to buy this to add to there collection i know i am

We get the fucking message already.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.