Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dead Space
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
Seeen
This game is a lot like Resident Evil 2 meets Half Life 2, set in space.

The story is pretty cool, Gameplay is awesome and super gruesome. The zero gravity parts are really fun, too. Jumping around in open space is really disorienting.

Anyone else play this yet?
GLC
I saw a preety cool gameplay review of it about a month ago then totally forgot about the game until now... biggrin.gif It doesn't interest me at the moment, but:

QUOTE(bOnEs. @ Sep 29 2008, 04:27 PM) [snapback]1466730[/snapback]
I may pick it up cheap on ebay in a few months......
ENVi3
I've been watching the animated comics, the last one #6 just came out thursday.
the game play looks pretty cool, and i like the display of the non-hud elements

but for some reason I'm not completely convinced .... I'd have to play it some first before i know whether to buy it or not
TheAnalogKid2112
Never heard of it, I just know it has trophies, so I might check it out.
Seeen
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Oct 25 2008, 04:18 PM) [snapback]1469741[/snapback]
I just know it has trophies, so I might check it out.

Haha, you're such a slut for those. It's the only game I have that even has trophies available. It's actually pretty fun to collect them, so I can't hate.
Dr. Evil
QUOTE(Seeen @ Oct 25 2008, 11:08 PM) [snapback]1469759[/snapback]
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Oct 25 2008, 04:18 PM) [snapback]1469741[/snapback]
I just know it has trophies, so I might check it out.

Haha, you're such a slut for those. It's the only game I have that even has trophies available. It's actually pretty fun to collect them, so I can't hate.

Yea he is. Stay away from the trophies...they will do you no good in the long run. You will get addicted to them and will eventually run your life. I've been achievement free since re-playing Assassins Creed.

In other news, I've been thinking about getting this game. I was following it since I heard it was in development but just somehow forgot about it. I think I might pick it up.
TheAnalogKid2112
Lol, and by the way, that's a fake trophy card in my sig. I'm not THAT into those things...
RagingTurtle
I picked it up on Saturday on the ps3 and it's quickly became my new favourite story driven game since Bioshock, which it's quite similar to in alot of areas.

And if you do pick it up be sure to check out the movie as well, Dead Space Downfall which is a prequel to the events of the game and it helps explain alot about it, it's also a great watch on it's own.

Harrop
I think it looks really good and has got quite a lot of positive reviews, I would defo get this but there's just too many other games out at the minute, I'm currently playing PES 2009 and nearly finished Saints Row 2 and then there's obviously Gears of War 2 next week so that will keep me occupied for quite some time I think lol.
Ex-PS Fanboy
I played itt on my buddies Xbox. It's a lotta fun to play in the dark. I personally like it because it's not the classic, shot them and they die set-up, instead you have to shoot off their limbs.
DuPz0r
I randomly got this game the other day. It only cost me 5 lol

Anyway, i have only completed the first chapter, and it seems like a great game already.
Darth Sexy
I returned NHL 09 today (fucking EA Sports refuse to release a patch to make it actually work) and got Dead Space instead. I'm looking forward to it.
Mr Pink
I got the game on it's first week or release. I really loved the game, the atmosphere itself is extraordinary. The only issue I had was that the boss fights weren't that good...
Seeen
QUOTE(Mr Pink @ Nov 23 2008, 08:21 AM) [snapback]1472481[/snapback]
The only issue I had was that the boss fights weren't that good...

Yeah, I beat the game and was pissed. The fuckin' asteroid part was the hardest out of any of them.
ENVi3
demo is out for the PSN
it's been out since yesterday actually.

the game seems pretty good.
i kinda wish there was a way to look at the controls other than the initial screen.
Qdeathstar
i got it but i haven't played it yet.. im trying to beat Fallout 3 once first.. i still have played LBP yet either for the same reason....
GLC
QUOTE(X_ENVi3-_- @ Nov 27 2008, 04:00 AM) [snapback]1472968[/snapback]
demo is out for the PSN
it's been out since yesterday actually.

the game seems pretty good.
i kinda wish there was a way to look at the controls other than the initial screen.

Ooooo must go download. biggrin.gif
DuPz0r
I found the camera perspective kind of weird at first, and the in-game menu screen. But it is pretty cool the way it looks.
Darth Sexy
I'm midway through chapter 3 and haven't played much lately. I found it became boring very quickly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.