Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Smackdown vs Raw 2009
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
DiO
So a demo came out for this for you euro-trash. I only say this because I am pissed I can't play it. I tried going on a UK account and downloading it. I did. I just couldn't play it. It said I couldn't with the current video settings. I figure it has something to do with PAL VS NTSC. Fuck...

Anyways, I'll probably be getting this game for Christmas. I hardly watch WWE anymore but these wrestling games have always been fun as hell. That and I haven't got one in years. It used to be pretty much the only game I played. That, CS and SA
Indy
This game is awesome with vodka, and some friends.
GLC
A definite buy. The demo is good. it has Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Jeff Hardy and Matt Hardy. You can choose betwwen a single or a tag team match. smile.gif
DiO
QUOTE(IndĄ @ Oct 25 2008, 10:03 AM) [snapback]1469697[/snapback]
This game is awesome with vodka, and some friends.

Ha,for sure.
QUOTE(Poopslippers @ Oct 25 2008, 11:01 AM) [snapback]1469699[/snapback]
A definite buy. The demo is good. it has Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Jeff Hardy and Matt Hardy. You can choose betwwen a single or a tag team match. smile.gif

Anything new in it gameplay wise? Well what the fuck am I talking about? The last one I have was '05. Of course there will be new shit.
GLC
QUOTE(Distruckshun-OvardriEv @ Oct 25 2008, 04:35 PM) [snapback]1469700[/snapback]

Anything new in it gameplay wise? Well what the fuck am I talking about? The last one I have was '05. Of course there will be new shit.

Tag teams have been massivly improved, you should go play the demo and see wink.gif
DiO
QUOTE(Poopslippers @ Oct 25 2008, 12:04 PM) [snapback]1469709[/snapback]
QUOTE(Distruckshun-OvardriEv @ Oct 25 2008, 04:35 PM) [snapback]1469700[/snapback]

Tag teams have been massivly improved, you should go play the demo and see wink.gif

I can't jerkass. They didn't release it in N America.
GLC
QUOTE(Distruckshun-OvardriEv @ Oct 25 2008, 05:34 PM) [snapback]1469711[/snapback]
QUOTE(Poopslippers @ Oct 25 2008, 12:04 PM) [snapback]1469709[/snapback]

I can't jerkass. They didn't release it in N America.

I know. mellow.gif
DiO
I get it, your an asshole. Well done.
§ynch
QUOTE(Distruckshun-OvardriEv @ Oct 24 2008, 03:33 PM) [snapback]1469661[/snapback]
So a demo came out for this for you euro-trash. I only say this because I am pissed I can't play it. I tried going on a UK account and downloading it. I did. I just couldn't play it. It said I couldn't with the current video settings. I figure it has something to do with PAL VS NTSC. Fuck...

Anyways, I'll probably be getting this game for Christmas. I hardly watch WWE anymore but these wrestling games have always been fun as hell. That and I haven't got one in years. It used to be pretty much the only game I played. That, CS and SA

Hmm that's odd, PC video settings don't need a PAL decoder for non-interlace.
Obviously they do maybe I have to check this demo out and figure the settings.
[I have an old standards converter but it would involve some work]

One thing I would like to see on any of these games (Your TNA as well) is online play.
That way we could have matches, tag team matches, just like any other PSN/XBL game.

You're right D-O, wrestling games have always been just like pure fun.
DiO
Im pretty sure they do go online. The last one I played for PS2 went online. It was loaded with sync errors and hacker but im sure its more secure with these next-gen systems.

edit

The vid GLC posted confirms online. & thr new gameplay mechanic look awesome.
DiO
The demo finally came out. HOLY SHIT its way different! I suck at it. The new tag team is pretty awesome. My computer partner isn't useless when I'm pinning like they used to be. I never seen a real hot tag. I suppose I could let myself get my ass kicked then try one. I was beating HBK senseless waiting for him to do one.

Either way this is for sure the next game Im getting. It will last me till Christmas when Ill probably get Resistance 2, Mortorstorm 2 and Mirror's Edge.
DiO
I read a review off IGN for this. Im officially not getting it.
DuPz0r
I played the demo the other day actually. It was pretty crap to be honest. The engine doesn't seem to have evolved since like "here comes the pain".. Seriously the only thing that looks better is the characters and facial animation. The fighting animations are dreadful also.

I used to absolutely love wrestling games when i as younger. I had them for Snes, megadrive(genisis) PS, PS2 and they were awsome for their time. But honestly i don't see many improvements for this generation...
Sharpie Fetish
Here comes the pain will be the last good wrestling game for a long time or until the rock comes back

The Rock = notworthy.gif

To be honest the wwe wrestling game ive ever played is No Mercy way back on the n64... Great controls great graphics great roster great career mode everything was great
DiO
QUOTE(DuPz0r™ @ Nov 15 2008, 02:54 PM) [snapback]1471782[/snapback]
I played the demo the other day actually. It was pretty crap to be honest. The engine doesn't seem to have evolved since like "here comes the pain".. Seriously the only thing that looks better is the characters and facial animation. The fighting animations are dreadful also.

I used to absolutely love wrestling games when i as younger. I had them for Snes, megadrive(genisis) PS, PS2 and they were awsome for their time. But honestly i don't see many improvements for this generation...

This is because it is a yearly release. They don't take the time to re-do all that stuff. I hope they do one day.
DiO
I just got it. They announced that a patch is coming this month for the ability to unlock infinite creation points for CAW with one career mode playthought. I played a bit with my bro and its fun as shit.
Massacre
QUOTE(Sharpie Fetish @ Nov 15 2008, 06:19 PM) [snapback]1471789[/snapback]
To be honest the wwe wrestling game ive ever played is No Mercy way back on the n64... Great controls great graphics great roster great career mode everything was great

Absolutely.

SvR 09 is pretty good, I've had hours of fun with Create-a-Finisher.
Darth Sexy
I bought 2008 coz it was very cheap. It's quite fun, and 09 looks better, but I won't be buying it until it's cheap.
DiO
QUOTE(Darth Sexy @ Jan 9 2009, 02:45 AM) [snapback]1478277[/snapback]
I bought 2008 coz it was very cheap. It's quite fun, and 09 looks better, but I won't be buying it until it's cheap.

Don't blame you. Create a finisher kicks royal ass. The entrance creater is fantastic as well.
GLC
Shit, I completely forgot that this was out...

Still gotta finish MCLA and Assassin's Creed so I may get this in a month or so.
bOnEs
yea, the last WWE game i've bought was WWF no mercy for the 64... honestly, that was the funnest wrestling game.. THQ knew how to make em back in the day... i don't know if they still use the same grapple/punch system that they used to use in these games but, the older system is what made the games so fun... when i played the first smackdown game, they completely ruined the system and i hated it... never bought another wrestling game after that because, they continued to tweek the smackdown system that i hated... eventually, i stopped watching wrestling not to long after this too... it was sort of a fad for me...

the next wrestling game i did buy though was def jam vendetta because it was a throwback to the old system... plus, it had hip-hop artists like ludacris and DMX, dukin' it out in the ring... it was pretty damn fun to be honest...
ViceMan
It still seems worse than the last WWE/F game I bought (SYM I think.) The ref will sometimes take ages to count a pin fall, which is annoying after doing a finisher, sitting there for 3 seconds before he begins counting, then having the opponent kick out. Season mode is much worse than SYM, you could walk around the arena before your match, talk to other wrestlers, watch other matches or interfere in them, then play your match. Also you didn't have to go for every single belt consecutively, it was rare when you had three titles at once. Now you win one title, go straight onto the next one, win that and onto the next one. I know there's the RTW story mode to consider, but I like to play as my created wrestler. Also I dare you to play a royal rumble match in exhibition, there's absolutely no point whatsoever, one wrestler enters, immediately throws another one out the ring and gets eliminated by the next wrestler. Overall it has some good improvements; create a finisher, create an entrance etc. but it just lacks the diversity of the older games.
DiO
I just think everyones livin' in the past. This game blows the old ones out of the water. You just have to get used to the system. I had to because it is completely different than the old ones. Much more complex but it still relies on a grappling system. RTW is a heel of a lot better than anything else. I haven't tired career mode but I know that its not supposed to take the place of the old story modes of the games in the past. That is what RTW is for. Walking around the arena and watching or interfering in other matching was boring as shit. I don't miss it at all. And if I wanted to play them I would just go to exhibition.
bOnEs
i might download the demo then and at least check it out, i owe it that much at least... i always did find the older wrestling games to be some of the best games that came out on the 64... great fun party games...
DiO
They completely fucked up the create a wrestler system. It takes forever to level up. Its fucking bullshit. If they don't patch it soon to change it Im trading in this fucking game.
GLC
Just bought it. Wouldn't have got it if it wasn't only Ł25. About to play..
ViceMan
QUOTE(Ayreon @ Jan 9 2009, 08:57 PM) [snapback]1478336[/snapback]
You just have to get used to the system. I had to because it is completely different than the old ones. Much more complex but it still relies on a grappling system.

Yes, I like the new system, it allows you to perform more moves. I have no problem with it.

RTW is a heel of a lot better than anything else. I haven't tired career mode but I know that its not supposed to take the place of the old story modes of the games in the past. That is what RTW is for.

RTW isn't that good. I've only played a little of it, but it still doesn't match up to the old career modes of the old games.

Walking around the arena and watching or interfering in other matching was boring as shit. I don't miss it at all. And if I wanted to play them I would just go to exhibition.

What I meant was it wasn't as linear as it is now, you could say, talk to a wrestler, badmouth him and get put in a 2 on one match later that night, or someone would come out and badmouth you, you could choose to respond or ignore them, you had more choice on what you could do. Plus the way you get titles now is silly. My created wrestler is a super-heavyweight and he still has to challenge for the cruiserweight title. Besides that, he's the intercontinental, WWE, ECW, world-heavyweight, WWE tag team and world tag team champion; that's 6 titles he has. Which is very realistic, that's what I hate about it, you have to challenge for the next title as soon as you win one. You can't get involved in any sort of storyline.
DiO
QUOTE(ViceMan @ Jan 24 2009, 03:42 PM) [snapback]1480524[/snapback]
You just have to get used to the system. I had to because it is completely different than the old ones. Much more complex but it still relies on a grappling system.

Yes, I like the new system, it allows you to perform more moves. I have no problem with it.

RTW is a heel of a lot better than anything else. I haven't tired career mode but I know that its not supposed to take the place of the old story modes of the games in the past. That is what RTW is for.

RTW isn't that good. I've only played a little of it, but it still doesn't match up to the old career modes of the old games.

Walking around the arena and watching or interfering in other matching was boring as shit. I don't miss it at all. And if I wanted to play them I would just go to exhibition.

What I meant was it wasn't as linear as it is now, you could say, talk to a wrestler, badmouth him and get put in a 2 on one match later that night, or someone would come out and badmouth you, you could choose to respond or ignore them, you had more choice on what you could do. Plus the way you get titles now is silly. My created wrestler is a super-heavyweight and he still has to challenge for the cruiserweight title. Besides that, he's the intercontinental, WWE, ECW, world-heavyweight, WWE tag team and world tag team champion; that's 6 titles he has. Which is very realistic, that's what I hate about it, you have to challenge for the next title as soon as you win one. You can't get involved in any sort of storyline.

Stop thinking career mode is the same thing as the old story modes.

But yah, don't you think building up CAW takes way too fucking long?
ViceMan
QUOTE(FML 7 BOT @ Jan 24 2009, 09:32 PM) [snapback]1480528[/snapback]
Stop thinking career mode is the same thing as the old story modes.

NEVER!

QUOTE(FML 7 BOT @ Jan 24 2009, 09:32 PM) [snapback]1480528[/snapback]
But yah, don't you think building up CAW takes way too fucking long?

Yup, 'tis boring.
DiO
Hope they patch that shit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.