Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eminem's having a relapse
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Entertainment
Indy
[youtube]XGKrV1SjtxY[/youtube]

Eminem Ready To 'Get Back Out There' With Relapse

Eminem has seen the top of the mountain, and at this point, he's happy to let someone else take his perch. Despite a mega-platinum run earlier in the decade that saw him rising to the pinnacle of rap superstardom, the MC told BBC Radio host Zane Lowe over the weekend that he's had it with fame.

"I've accomplished enough with the music that I haven't had to go out there and do other things to oversaturate," he said, adding that he made his upcoming record, Relapse, mainly as a means of reminding people that he can still bring it. "That's probably what I take pride in most. ... But, at the end of the day, it's kind of catch-22. I love the attention, but I don't like too much of it. ... There's no desire to be that big again. Whatever happens, I'll take it, but that's definitely not what I'll be recording the songs for."

Source

So, it's being released after 50cents album, but before the Detox, which I think is ridiculous tbh. Anyway, I can't wait to hear his new material.
TheAnalogKid2112
I dislike this man. I'm glad you're excited though.
DiO
I was expecting a nice rehab lol. Im sure hes a rackhead anyway.
RomanBellic
same,i can't wait to here his new material too!
Hardcore Ottoman
I must admit, this man makes the only memorable lyrics in mainstream rap music that I like.
HongKongPhooey
finally, he realised that that clubish shit wasnt gonna stick to him for long. Sounds a lil darker like his early shit, i wont rush out for it, im gonna wait for reviews bigtime
Harrop
I'll defo be buying this and 50 Cents, don't know about Dre's though, I will prob read the reviews and listen to a few of the tracks first. Interscope's gonna be making alot of money in December anyway, that's for sure lol.
RomanBellic
^ im not sure if i'll buy 50's next album mainly cause the massacre was shit compared to get rich or die tryin which was good.
Harrop
QUOTE(RomanBellic @ Oct 22 2008, 12:01 PM) [snapback]1469395[/snapback]
^ im not sure if i'll buy 50's next album mainly cause the massacre was shit compared to get rich or die tryin which was good.

I agree "Curtis" and "The Massacre" were both shit bar a few songs on each, but "Get Up" one of the songs from his new album"Before I Self Destruct" sounds really good and aggressive alot like the tracks on Get Rich or Die Tryin', I always buy his albums on release anyway, I'll defo be getting it, I've already pre-ordered it on Play.com lol.
Indy
I won't be buying 50 cents album, I don't like him, he's done well in a few songs (till i collapse remix). But the Detox is one of the most anticipated albums, can't wait.

Oh yeah, and the accent he used in this short rap is jus experimental, he probably won't be using it for his album, I rekon he's takin it back to basics.
bOnEs
video doesn't work anymore but DAMN!! i thought he was done making music for good... can't wait to get it!! really, there's not many rappers who are better than eminem IMO... his stuff isn't like other rap, his stuff really DOES feel more real...
Indy
fix'd

[youtube]fP1QPEPeKIM[/youtube]
Skinny 
QUOTE(Quim Boy @ Oct 22 2008, 10:26 PM) [snapback]1469396[/snapback]
QUOTE(RomanBellic @ Oct 22 2008, 12:01 PM) [snapback]1469395[/snapback]

I agree "Curtis" and "The Massacre" were both shit bar a few songs on each, but "Get Up" one of the songs from his new album"Before I Self Destruct" sounds really good and aggressive alot like the tracks on Get Rich or Die Tryin', I always buy his albums on release anyway, I'll defo be getting it, I've already pre-ordered it on Play.com lol.

All of fifty's albums on the mainstream circut have sucked, mostly because he doesn't do anything well like he used to (shitty rhymes and beats). Then there's that awful voice he started using.

Power of the Dollar was a mad album, though:

Thug Love:
[youtube]8gTPmV8_uPU[/youtube]

Material Girl:
[youtube]L9x8t5E8OWo[/youtube]

Gun runner:
[youtube]la26IIrK4jw[/youtube]

back on the subject of eminem... I liked him up until now, becuase the stuff I've heard from this album so far is pretty wack, tbh.
Indy
all ive heard is the track with Trick Trick, which is shit. An the demo he made for Dre, which was right, had a whack beat tho.
DuPz0r
Before detox aye. Lmao detox was meant to be out years ago...
Skinny 
fuck detox. I don't understand why someone as wack, and as full of shit as Dre would have such a large fan base.
Skinny 
goddamnit, you little motherfucker, if you ain't go nothin' nice to say then don't say nothin'
fuck that shit bitch, eat a motherfuckin' dick, chew on a prick,
and lick a million motherfuckin' cocks per second, I'd rather put out a motherfuckin' gospel record,
I'd rather be a pussy whiped bitch, eat pussy and have pussy lips
glues to my face with a clit ring in my nose, then quit bringin my flows

Good times, good times.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.