Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hitman 5
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
CutThatCity
So the most info I could find on the internet about the new hitman is that 'Hitman 5' is the working title. I'm not even sure if that is credible. But is anyone else as exited for it as me? I thought Blood Money was easily one of the best games for PS2, even though there were few levels, it had so much detail and replay value.
What would you like to see added or improved in the next game?
Indy
Hitman games are always brilliant. Cannot wait for the next.
I Made Your Mom In GMod
I'd almost totally forgotten about this. It's been so long since they announced it and they haven't released any media at all. One can only assume they're (finally) working on a totally different engine for the game to run on, which could mean any number of things. Let's hope Jesper Kyd is still on board for the soundtrack.
DiO
I haven't played any of these games yet. I don't even know what the gameplay is like. Anyone want to give me the jist of it?
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Blackfuse @ Oct 14 2008, 06:21 PM) [snapback]1468661[/snapback]
I haven't played any of these games yet. I don't even know what the gameplay is like. Anyone want to give me the jist of it?

It's really a stealth game. I played Blood Money for a couple of weeks on PS2, but it just seemed there were so many elements to the stealth mission I didn't know what I was supposed to. There are probably multiple ways to beat the levels, but it just seemed to difficult to figure out for a video game. Plus, there wasn't enough killing for me. The assassinations were cool, but otherwise you were pretty much penalized for unnecessary kills.

It just wasn't my kind of game.
Benzilla
QUOTE(IndĽ @ Oct 14 2008, 08:13 PM) [snapback]1468631[/snapback]
Hitman games are always brilliant. Cannot wait for the next.

You really think so? I dislike them.

Think the whole no checkpoint thing is really stupid, you get so many saves and you chose your checkpoint... I thought it was a really boring game..
bOnEs
yea, the limited saves really sucked... personally, i thought the very first hitman "agent 47" for the PC was the best game... the console ones really tried to add way too many elements of realism into the game that it lost is original essence from the first... and that is, play it how ever you want to...

in the newer ones, you couldn't get by with disguises... you could walk around in one but, enemies still spotted you if you got too close because you didn't look like the first guy that was wearing the costume, which totally just made that element of the game worthless... the only way it worked is if the enemies never saw that costume before... so i found that i had to blast my way through most missions, which meant, failing a lot of missions... at least in the first one, you could walk around as a cop and other officers said nothing...

they just got too smart for their own good... too many variables... hopefully the newer one can fix these problems for me but, i doubt it...
DiO
Sounds like MSG but harder.
HongKongPhooey
when played right blood money can be made into a moving painting. From the oh shit theres my hole moments to the anxious waiting for the perfect shot with high caliber rifle.
Gun modifications were crazy we are talking about laser sighted spas shotguns with silencers.
Fuck i've even blown up a guy playing a chello, by throwing a remote mine 10ft in the air onto his deck.
I even made it rain 50 bodys by dragging them into a jaccuzi then shooting the glass bottom out 200 ft below.
Indy
Its a stealth based game, but nothing like MGS. Your aim is normally to assasinate one person. You can go about this in whatever method you see fit. Snipe him from the roof of a building, poison him, strangle him, sedate him, push him over a ledge, make it look like an accident, etc. One of the best single player experiences I've had.
Zen
Yeah, the possibilities are endless.

I loved the one on Blood Money where you could grab the air gun from the treehouse and the sedatives and just hit anyone in that garden. A New Life was my favourite mission, it was fun to go over and over trying different methods.

That game was great.
CutThatCity
Yeah definatly, A New Life was awesome, as was the one with the heaven and hell parties, I forget the name.
Dr. Evil
QUOTE(turd burglar @ Oct 15 2008, 09:42 AM) [snapback]1468754[/snapback]
yea, the limited saves really sucked... personally, i thought the very first hitman "agent 47" for the PC was the best game...

The first one for the PC was my favorite by far. In my opinion, besides Thief, Hitman took the stealth genre to a whole new level. Unfortunately after that title I didn't really play any of the sequels, save for a couple weeks when I borrowed a friends copy of Blood Money. Now I'm really looking foward to see how they have improved on it....can't wait.

QUOTE(turd burglar @ Oct 15 2008, 09:42 AM) [snapback]1468754[/snapback]
you couldn't get by with disguises... you could walk around in one but, enemies still spotted you if you got too close because you didn't look like the first guy that was wearing the costume, which totally just made that element of the game worthless...

Of course it would make sense that if you got too close to an enemy they could spot you. If you walked towards me in my Mommas night gown I would know it wasn't her. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif
CutThatCity
The great thing is its not a strictly stealth game, you can go in guns blazing kill every soul and still come away mission successful.
Zen
True, I did that on the Opera mission, that was great. All these bodies everywhere, haha. Just sniped the target and left.
DancingCucumber
For the new game I'd love online mode where it was like one guy (The assasin) is trying to kill the hit but the hit was another player and like 4-5 other players acted as body guards to try and spot someone suspicious so it would be up to the assasin to blend in as mutch as he could with the crowd ect.
Indy
Good idea, but the implementation would be difficult. I rekon it should be about 2 people as hitmen, competing to take out the target or working together.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.