Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: drug testing
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > General Discussion
basicked
i was wondering if anyone knew anything about the subject. i'm looking for a job and most of them require pre-employment drug testing. in the past 10 days, i've only taken 2 hits, once in the beginning week and the other one on saturday night. i wanna know how long it'd take me to pass a test.. i'm only 120 pounds and last time i checked (3 years ago) i had like 2.2% body fat, i'm willing to bet that its probably around 3% now. since thc gets stored in fat cells, for me it doesnt really have any place to go. i've been drinking like 5 cups of water a day for the past two weeks and have been pissing a lot..... also i have a very fast metabolism rate, which is why i weigh so little.. and i'm like 5'7. i'm pretty skinny.

so anybody have anything to say? thanks
CutThatCity
Things I know for sure:

-Even if you are 0.1% body fat, THC would still have somewhere to go. (Not that 0.1% body fat would be possible)
-'Fast metabolisms' are myths, if you had a 'faster metabolism' than me, you would be sweating, out of breath 24/7.

But as for drug testing, I think i heard somewhere that it takes atleast a month for THC to be completely wiped out of the system, regardless of other varibles, so my advice is to just lay off the stuff and wait, you can't cheat science.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(CutThatCity @ Oct 14 2008, 02:27 PM) [snapback]1468623[/snapback]
you can't cheat science.

Exactly.

I don't want to claim to be an expert, but I have had extensive experience with drugs and drug testing.

The best way to pass a test is to not have smoked within a month's time of the test. Even two hits. Like CutThatCity said, even if you're the skinniest motherfucker in the world and you have the metabolism of a 10 year old, THC will remain in your system (blood, urine) regardless.

I've heard myths of people drinking GALLONS of water every day in order to waterdown their piss prior to a test, but drinking 5 cups of water a day isn't going to do anything. I think you're supposed to drink atleast eight glasses of water a day normally. You're like three glasses short of your quota.

There's mad products out there to help you pass test and I know many people who have had success. Stores like GNC or head shops sell stuff that usually has a written guarantee that you'll pass or you get a refund. That's your best bet if you don't have much time before the test. They taste terrible and you'll piss like you've never pissed before, but I know many people who have passed surprise tests with these products.

Personally, I think drug testing is a violation of privacy. When I was looking for jobs after college, I would interview with a company and as soon as they asked if I would mind taking a drug test, I politely told them my beliefs and would get up and leave. One company (a large Financal company) said they understood my position and that they could bypass the initial drug test to get me hired, but I might be subjected to random drug screenings over the course of employment. Didn't take that job either.

I understand the corporate policies and studies that have been done that show a negative relationship between performance and drug use, but those are vague and do not apply to everyone. What someone does in there personal time should not affect their performance at work. When it does, that's where the boss steps in and either fires the person for poor performance, not testing positive for drugs. The only time drug testing should be used is during an on-the-job accident; especially if the employee wants worker's comp.

I finally found a smaller company that didn't drug test. That's where it's at. You can do a search for companies that don't test on the NORML site or just Google it. Or just grow up and stop smoking pot.
CutThatCity
Or move to UK, drug tests for jobs are non-existent.
basicked
well i think you guys are all wrong about how pissing doesnt help or body fat doesnt meana nything. i took one hit two fridays ago, and another hit on saturday night,, overall this is my 11th day clean besides those two hits, and ij ust took a home drug test with a 15ng (nanogram) cutoff and i passed it smile.gif
Muscle Bound
Your just like me but im 6'4 and i weigh 90 kgs
PabloHoneyOle
My new girlfriend is anti drug testing.

Here's her picture:
Harrop
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Oct 24 2008, 02:48 PM) [snapback]1469601[/snapback]
My new girlfriend is anti drug testing.

Here's her picture:

Lol
§ynch
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Oct 15 2008, 06:13 AM) [snapback]1468729[/snapback]
QUOTE(CutThatCity @ Oct 14 2008, 02:27 PM) [snapback]1468623[/snapback]
you can't cheat science.

Exactly.

I don't want to claim to be an expert, but I have had extensive experience with drugs and drug testing.

The best way to pass a test is to not have smoked within a month's time of the test. Even two hits. Like CutThatCity said, even if you're the skinniest motherfucker in the world and you have the metabolism of a 10 year old, THC will remain in your system (blood, urine) regardless.

I've heard myths of people drinking GALLONS of water every day in order to waterdown their piss prior to a test, but drinking 5 cups of water a day isn't going to do anything. I think you're supposed to drink atleast eight glasses of water a day normally. You're like three glasses short of your quota.

There's mad products out there to help you pass test and I know many people who have had success. Stores like GNC or head shops sell stuff that usually has a written guarantee that you'll pass or you get a refund. That's your best bet if you don't have much time before the test. They taste terrible and you'll piss like you've never pissed before, but I know many people who have passed surprise tests with these products.

Personally, I think drug testing is a violation of privacy. When I was looking for jobs after college, I would interview with a company and as soon as they asked if I would mind taking a drug test, I politely told them my beliefs and would get up and leave. One company (a large Financal company) said they understood my position and that they could bypass the initial drug test to get me hired, but I might be subjected to random drug screenings over the course of employment. Didn't take that job either.

I understand the corporate policies and studies that have been done that show a negative relationship between performance and drug use, but those are vague and do not apply to everyone. What someone does in there personal time should not affect their performance at work. When it does, that's where the boss steps in and either fires the person for poor performance, not testing positive for drugs. The only time drug testing should be used is during an on-the-job accident; especially if the employee wants worker's comp.

I finally found a smaller company that didn't drug test. That's where it's at. You can do a search for companies that don't test on the NORML site or just Google it. Or just grow up and stop smoking pot.

I can't agree more. Good search info about NORML.
Working in an industry that is testing even more than before...
Invasion of privacy - avoid these types of companies.

However that is difficult if your desperately looking for a job,
as many people I know are.

I've passed using a cherry flavored drink, an hour before,
and in the end, I didn't even take that job.
The drink itself wasn't that bad, but the lab politics....
Company HR refused to admit it was a funky test lab, and changed
while I was scheduled for my first test, so there is the company mechanics of it.
And their possible screw ups.

However in the state of the economy the even better bet is to not smoke.
There is a lot of conversation about this at work because the thought
is that they are looking for the meth and crack heads, not true.
Most government jobs won't accept any drug, if you want that type of job, don't use.
30 days if you're lucky, I wouldn't expect to be that lucky.

I knew one chica that was out for a back injury, she worked at a hospital.
She went back and they tested her, positive for pain killers.
I'm like "Uh, yeah, prescriptions" The whole thing is a joke,
but that's the way it is now days. I work in video/electronics,
so if I move back to Los Angeles, it's not really a problem.
Staying in politically correct Silicon Valley, I am surely expecting drug tests.
Handsome B Wonderful
Out of interest, what stance do these drug testing work places in the US have on alcohol consumption? Surely being a serial booze brother affects your performance at work just as badly as marijuana etc. Hypocrisy, i tells ya.

Give me the old days, when people would get drunk at lunch time, and fall asleep at their desk. Well, that's what my mum did. And she's unemployed.
Screw Loose
golden seal root, take 2 pills 3 times daily, for 4 days.

can anybody reccomend any other products that work?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.