Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CoD World at War
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2
Indy
I think the BETA is out, i really wanna try this game out before I buy it. I believe you have to join the CoD website to get a code, if you were part of charlie oscar delta site, i think you can update your profile on the new CoD website and you may get a BETA key in your messages, i'm tryin at the moment.
FuddMan
Only thing for me is that this is literally a complete clone of COD4, just with a WW2 setting. Everything looks exactly the same, from the XP system, to the perks, to the HUD; it's all the same.
Indy
Yeah, I was reading about it and everyone is saying its the same, which I guess isn't too bad, I just don't expect the life span of this game to be as long as that of CoD4. However, with Gears, fable and Fallout 3 all being released close to each other, I don't expect this game to be played much.

Also, the Beta is available for 360 and PC owners only. PC Beta isn't out yet. USA is the only country to have the Beta so far (I believe).
Pieface
Pre-order of Game? And then if you don't like it cancel your pre-order.
FuddMan
I unexpectedly got my code this morning through the VIP thing. Downloading through Live now, but won't be able to play until later. I haven't really been waiting for this game at all but at least this beta will give me something to do while I'm waiting for GoW2.
Benzilla
Was just speaking to Psy, he is a VIP and he got the code..
Indy
I'm VIP and have the code too, I think they released it for UK this morning or something. I'll play it later, don't have time at the moment.
Benzilla
Has anyone played it yet? If so is it good?

I'm not too fussed about COD, maybe get it around christmas time, GoW2 Gets my time until then...

And exams... sad.gif
FuddMan
I got the code through the VIP thing as well. It's alright. Artillery and dogs are cool, but otherwise it's exactly the same as COD4 with a tank here and there.
Benzilla
But it's WW2 and not Modern? How can it be?

Cod4 was a brute though. I thought it was good, online was pretty mince but still.
FuddMan
How is it like COD4?

Same HUD
Same perks
Same challenges
Same scoring
Same lobby design
Same bugs/glitches
Same unbalanced weapons

Just because the time period is different doesn't mean the game is different...
Psy
I kind of agree with Duffman, it is pretty similar to Modern Warfare although I like the change of scenery. Dogs are pretty cool, but the artillery strikes and UAV is pretty much exactly the same thing as in CoD4. One thing I hate is the fact I'm playing the 360 BETA. Consoles and controllers are just not right for playing First Person Shooters. Cannot wait to get the PC BETA (or full version) because there is no way I'm patient enough to keep playing on the console with shitty aim and random dick heads shouting down the mic constantly.
Indy
Its like a CoD MW mod. Pretty meh imo.
FuddMan
I think if it wasn't for the fact that COD4 had already preceded it, WaW would be a 10/10 game. But because it's so similar and could probably be labelled as a complete rip-off, I'd give the beta a 6 or 7/10. It's just not original enough. I'm looking forward to 18 player matches if they ever decide to enable them in the beta, but you could get 24 players in COD3 and while there was a fair bit of lag, it was still a lot of fun, and having less players just feels like they're going backwards.
Psy
Nothing will ever beat Call of Duty: United Offensive in my opinion. By far the best CoD game, but most of you console-n00bs (wink.gif) won't have played that one. In fact half of you haven't heard of it, seeing as CoD went mainstream after CoD4 which is a shame, because it was an immense game before that too.
Benzilla
I've played em all. 3 or 4 was best.
Indy
No. 2 was the best, then 4. 3 was the worst.
Benzilla
mad.gif

So it's just likeCOD4 put into WW2? that sucks....
Psy
QUOTE(IndĄ @ Oct 12 2008, 07:53 PM) [snapback]1468228[/snapback]
No. 2 was the best, then 4. 3 was the worst.

CoD2 and 3 were by far the worst Call of Duty games. By far.
1UP
I been watching it a little given I liked CoD4 I thought maybe id get this one... So basically is this one a pass or not? Should I just wait for the next CoD?
Benzilla
QUOTE(1UP @ Oct 12 2008, 11:02 PM) [snapback]1468241[/snapback]
I been watching it a little given I liked CoD4 I thought maybe id get this one... So basically is this one a pass or not? Should I just wait for the next CoD?

Get gears of war 2 thats what you should do. smile.gif
Psy
If you liked CoD4 and you liked the original CoD games set in WW2 then you've got to get it, but I think most people, given the choice, would probably rather stay on Modern Warfare. Based on the BETA (which I will point out is very limited - only goes up to rank 11, so there are a good 15 weapons and 20+ perks you're not allowed to use yet), the game is effectively CoD4 with a different setting, however the single player, and the fact there's going to be single player co-op mode, plus vehicular combat on some of the maps tells me that this is definitely a game to get. Personally I don't think it'll be as huge as CoD4:MW for a number of reasons, such as other games coming out at the same time, but I like it, and I intend to play the PC version for a good 3 or 4 months solid after release.

Oh yeah, people get their arms and legs blown off by grenades and explosions. AWESOME!
Pieface
I must agree with Psy tbh. UO is the best CoD gam, although I haven't played WaW yet.
Harrop
So which shop do you have to pre-order it from then in the UK, I preordered mine from Play.com and they don't send you a code, or could I just sign up to the CoD website to get the code?
Psy
Only way to get a code is either to preorder from gamestop in the US, or sign up on the official site, but to be honest you have no chance of getting a code now. They sent them out to reward long-term members (people who signed up in the first few weeks of the site going up), and there's probably been 10,000 brand new members just signed up yesterday for a code which is bullshit.
Harrop
How long does it each code last for, how long is the actual BETA for?
Indy
If I had a PS3, this is a must buy. But on the 360, with the close release of Gears 2, I just don't see the point. Fallout, Fable and Gears are enough to be honest. Thats just my opinion though.
Harrop
I'm getting Saints Row 2 and PES 2009 on Friday and then they will do me until next month then I'm getting GoW 2 and CoD: WaW, and hopefully the GTA DLC, well thats if it comes out then lol.
bOnEs
QUOTE(Psy @ Oct 12 2008, 01:35 PM) [snapback]1468209[/snapback]
Nothing will ever beat Call of Duty: United Offensive in my opinion. By far the best CoD game, but most of you console-n00bs (wink.gif) won't have played that one. In fact half of you haven't heard of it, seeing as CoD went mainstream after CoD4 which is a shame, because it was an immense game before that too.

lol, i still play this game (team deathmatch) about once a month, or once every two months with some friends in boston, fellow co-workers, and some of their relatives... nothing is more epic than rolling through rhine valley with the tanks biggrin.gif... but, we still play a lot of the old maps that were before the expansion... maps like dawnville... and we always always play this one map we downloaded called falaise ville... the battle for the tower never gets old biggrin.gif...
TheAnalogKid2112
I've never played a Call of Duty game, but the trailer for World At War looks pretty incredible. I might rent it.
bOnEs
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Oct 13 2008, 05:04 PM) [snapback]1468416[/snapback]
I've never played a Call of Duty game, but the trailer for World At War looks pretty incredible. I might rent it.

quite honestly, this game really IS a rental... i can beat a COD in like 8 hours, taking my time... chances are i'll have this one beat in the same amount of time... i got COD4 but, i am in the same boat as psy... FPS just don't play well in multiplayer for consoles... you can't precisely aim where you need to without a TON of practice... so, the multiplayer experience sucks for me with FPS'ers on consoles...

...and that's another reason why i hate FPS'ers laugh.gif...
Indy
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Oct 13 2008, 10:04 PM) [snapback]1468416[/snapback]

If you're intending on playing it online, its probably the best WW2 FPS shooter on console, I'd buy it.
1UP
QUOTE(Benzilla @ Oct 12 2008, 06:06 PM) [snapback]1468246[/snapback]
QUOTE(1UP @ Oct 12 2008, 11:02 PM) [snapback]1468241[/snapback]

Get gears of war 2 thats what you should do. smile.gif

That is assuming that I like Gears, which I don't. smile.gif

QUOTE(Psy @ Oct 12 2008, 08:50 PM) [snapback]1468252[/snapback]
If you liked CoD4 and you liked the original CoD games set in WW2 then you've got to get it, but I think most people, given the choice, would probably rather stay on Modern Warfare. Based on the BETA (which I will point out is very limited - only goes up to rank 11, so there are a good 15 weapons and 20+ perks you're not allowed to use yet), the game is effectively CoD4 with a different setting, however the single player, and the fact there's going to be single player co-op mode, plus vehicular combat on some of the maps tells me that this is definitely a game to get. Personally I don't think it'll be as huge as CoD4:MW for a number of reasons, such as other games coming out at the same time, but I like it, and I intend to play the PC version for a good 3 or 4 months solid after release.

Oh yeah, people get their arms and legs blown off by grenades and explosions. AWESOME!

I have liked the others, however this one just gave me feeling it might of been slapped together, so I was just rather bothered by the sudden change back to WW2. I'll rent it and decide I suppose, Blown off limbs sounds very appealing. I don't expect it to be better then MW, but may be fun anyways seeing the difference from the other WW2 CoD games.
Darth Sexy
Think I'll stick to CoD 4 for the foreseeable future.
Harrop
There's some videos on YouTube of people playing the BETA for those who haven't got the code and want to see what it's like, they are pretty crap quality though.
Indy
I can answer any questions you have about the Beta, but I must say the dogs are fucking awesome.
Pieface
I just got a code, will play later!
TheAnalogKid2112
Someone got my code
Indy
There is no Beta on the PS3.
Zen
Got my Beta code, am downloading it now.
Psy
PC BETA is meant to be coming sometime this week. Can't wait...
Indy
Their increasing level cap to 24 and adding, hardcore and search and destroy playlists.
Harrop
You can download this now on Xbox Live Marketplace I did it last night, I think it's a good game and will defo be getting it, it's alot harder than I remember though lol, I'm not sure if you can download it on PSN as I haven't got a PS3.
TheAnalogKid2112
Got the PC beta a while ago but it doesn't work with my video card biggrin.gif
Lee
CoD:WaW looks and sounds amazing.

To the guy who says he can beat any CoD in 8 hours, try turning it off easy and try Veteran difficulty instead!
DuPz0r
I'm thinking of getting this, but i dunno if it is gonna be as good as cod4. I was expecting many new features, it seems to me like a port of cod4. Oh well, i may rent it first.
GLC
QUOTE(DuPz0r™ @ Nov 16 2008, 04:37 PM) [snapback]1471840[/snapback]
I'm thinking of getting this, but i dunno if it is gonna be as good as cod4. I was expecting many new features, it seems to me like a port of cod4. Oh well, i may rent it first.

It haaas trophies..... >_>
Indy
The campaign is better than CoD4 imo. There are some memorable moments.
However, the multiplayer is like a CoD4 mod, it's up to you though, if you enjoyed CoD4, there is no reason you won't like this. Definetly worth a rent at least imo.
Bain
Yeah I beat it and it definitely takes more than 8 hours on hardened. Some things that pissed me off is some of the same world war two shit and taking out machine guns, but at least they made it a bit different. TOO MANY TRENCHES. Anyway, the way the Japs and Germans die in this game is so fun, beautiful, and amazing. Theres blown off legs, torched bodies, and the death animations rule.

It was worth buying and owning. The weapons feel amazing......

Any questions?
Pieface
QUOTE(IndĄ @ Nov 17 2008, 07:20 PM) [snapback]1471946[/snapback]
The campaign is better than CoD4 imo. There are some memorable moments.
However, the multiplayer is like a CoD4 mod, it's up to you though, if you enjoyed CoD4, there is no reason you won't like this. Definetly worth a rent at least imo.

Serious?

Im fidning the Single Player so boring Im not playing it anymore.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.