Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GTA IV PC Trailer Released!
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Site News
FuddMan
GameTrailers has just released the first trailer for the PC version of GTA IV. Check it out HERE!

[youtube]qxSg96uRppY&ap=%2526fmt%3D18[/youtube]

GTA IV is due to be released on PC on November 18th in North America and November 21st in Europe. Stay tuned to GTA4.TV for any further updates!
bOnEs
man do those graphics look a ton better than anything on the PS3 or 360...
FuddMan
Yep, it looks a lot sharper, the draw distance is better (with less blurring in the background), and the lighting, blooming, colours and small details (like the headlight being shot) have all been improved. It should be interesting to see what kind of rig you'd need to run everything on high, especially since nothing using the RAGE engine has been released on PC yet.
Dedeleko
mmmh looks great smile.gif
there's 1 annoying thing on a console is when you're driving at top speed in a fast car and you sorta fly over a lower piece of the road and when you get down on it, the road is all ugly and blurry..
victimsfamily
Yes it is good looking. But I'll quote one of the comments on the video :
"The trailers make it look so much better than it was...."

And this trailer was awesome, if I hadn't already bought the game, it would make me want to. Even though actually I'm not sure I would have if I had known what it really was.
OptimumPx
I just noticed that there are people inside the sky tram to Colony Island in the trailer...they aren't there in the console version.

Does that hint at increased realism in things like that?
victimsfamily
QUOTE(OptimumPx @ Oct 8 2008, 07:10 AM) [snapback]1467681[/snapback]
I just noticed that there are people inside the sky tram to Colony Island in the trailer...they aren't there in the console version.

Nice find !! I hope we'll be able to climb it or hang to it too, it was so dumb that we couldn't on console.

Also it should be free moving inside. Subway trains too.
GTA 4EVER
well i'm surprised with this. waiting for the download coz my internet is crap

EDIT:
hey, i'm trying to download the WMV format. but it doesn't work. i just can download the MOV. Why?
neko_ceko
Damn its nice!
It was worth waiting. If i bought a console just to play GTA IV and saw this trailer now I would suicide for spending the money.

DuPz0r
Pretty damn sweet.
ThePaleOgre
Dont know if any still cares about this but I know some people complained about the lack of gloves
You can see Niko wearing them at 38-39 seconds

Maybe they will be in the dlc
PabloHoneyOle
The trailer looks good, but if you have a nice enough TV, it looks better from the console. I doubt it will look as good as it does in the trailer during actual gameplay on that 1980's monitor you're currently rocking.
neko_ceko
QUOTE(ThePaleOgre @ Oct 9 2008, 03:15 AM) [snapback]1467775[/snapback]
Dont know if any still cares about this but I know some people complained about the lack of gloves

Why the fuck would somebody wanted a pair of shit gloves?
DiO
QUOTE(ThePaleOgre @ Oct 8 2008, 09:15 PM) [snapback]1467775[/snapback]

Here we go again with the glove shit. R* can't make up their minds whether they're in the game or not.

The game looks amazing.
§ynch
QUOTE(Hwisky @ Oct 9 2008, 11:10 AM) [snapback]1467874[/snapback]
The game looks amazing.

It really does. cool.gif
HEAT84
QUOTE(victimsfamily @ Oct 8 2008, 06:40 AM) [snapback]1467695[/snapback]
QUOTE(OptimumPx @ Oct 8 2008, 07:10 AM) [snapback]1467681[/snapback]

Nice find !! I hope we'll be able to climb it or hang to it too, it was so dumb that we couldn't on console.

Also it should be free moving inside. Subway trains too.

Are you able to climb ladders in GTAIV? It was so dumb that you couldn't climb ladders in SA.

Who cares about the gloves!
SoulReaver
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Oct 9 2008, 05:09 PM) [snapback]1467846[/snapback]
The trailer looks good, but if you have a nice enough TV, it looks better from the console. I doubt it will look as good as it does in the trailer during actual gameplay on that 1980's monitor you're currently rocking.

It will look better, now you will be able to play with sick resolution smile.gif, and with much more improved graphics, plus more action on the streets, and more objects at the same time, and no disapearing textures when you are driving very fast with..
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(HEAT84 @ Oct 10 2008, 05:37 AM) [snapback]1467953[/snapback]
Who cares about the gloves!

I seem to remember when the game came out, a whole lot of people were flipping a bitch about the gloves not being in.
CutThatCity
This trailer is awesome.
And seriously, gloves are gloves, move on.
RomanBellic
QUOTE(HEAT84 @ Oct 10 2008, 10:37 AM) [snapback]1467953[/snapback]
Are you able to climb ladders in GTAIV? It was so dumb that you couldn't climb ladders in SA.

yeah you can climb ladders,and man this game looks fuckin sick compared to the PS3,almost makes you wanna buy it.
GTA 4EVER
We do not need a trailer, but we need a gameplay video. It will be good.
victimsfamily
I just rewatched the trailer and I can't help but notice again this ostentatious "drivers wanted" sticker in the cab. In a trailer. Obvious, like a hint... and then no, it's just one of the countless little details that make LC seem so real and impressive a city, whereas there's in fact so few to actually interact with. That's just a little exemple, but this game could have been so much it's sad...
Harrop
QUOTE(GTA 4EVER @ Oct 20 2008, 01:13 PM) [snapback]1469198[/snapback]
We do not need a trailer, but we need a gameplay video. It will be good.

There probably is a little bit of gameplay in there, there was with the console trailers anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.