Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The PS3 Trophies Thread
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
DuPz0r
So, Trophies have been out for a little while now, and i was just wondering what people think of them.

Do you enjoy collecting them?
Do you hate it? Why?
What is the reason you collect them?
What is the reason you don't?
These are the type of questions i wanted to know about, because there seems to be a bit of a split between the two.

Personally i find the addition of trophies a brilliant move by Sony. I know they basically copied Microsoft's idea of point collection and competition, but it is still all fun. By adding Trophies to games that came out before the patch, it has given me the urge to replay my older games which is brilliant, as i wouldn't have played them again otherwise. And i actually enjoyed the experience of playing those awesome games again.

The next thing i think is good is that, once you've completed a game the trophies are there to push you to your absolute best performance both on and offline to get those last thew golds and then in some cases a platinum to show everyone how much work you've put in to the game.

Okay, i know some people hate competing and yeah trophy collecting is a friendly competition, but it is friendly and it keeps you playing those games till you burn the hell out of those discs. I enjoy the competition, it's a bit of a challenge and it makes me feel good when i beat a game and have something to prove it.

So what is your opinion about trophies? be as frank as you like.

Also, if anyone has a question about getting a certain trophy, then go ahead and post it, see if anyone has an answer.
DiO
I don't have any. Im not collecting ATM for each game that has trophies I already beat more than once. IE GTA4 & Uncharted. If they come out with MGS4 trophies Ill be piss me for it's in the same boat as GTA4 & Uncharted. I will get trophies for new games.
edit
Well, I'd actually bother with MGS4 trophies.
GLC
QUOTE(Hwisky @ Oct 5 2008, 08:22 PM) [snapback]1467364[/snapback]
I don't have any.

I noticed you had 3 warhawk ones the other day...

I'm looking forward to Gta IV and LBP trophies, being as i only have a total of 27 so far out of warhawk (shit at - only 12% done), PAIN (shit at - only 12% done) and SSHD (decent at - 30% done).
DiO
Oh yeah, I did the warhawk training. Not for the trophies but just to see what its like.
ENVi3
i mostly just play and get them as they come.
there have been very few that i have actually tried for.
i don't care that much for trophies, but they are nice and they do sorta give some sense of accomplishments.
TheAnalogKid2112
Yeah.. I'm basically a trophy whore. I downloaded some freaky Japanese game (thanks Dup) just to get trophies. The Burnout ones are a pain in the ass but I'm still workin for them. Good thing I got Uncharted when they came out. That game's too much to get all the trophies after beating it.
ßynch
They're just the XBox 360 achievements ported to PS3.

I have all of them in my original game, then when I got
juiced for XBL, my name was taken. So I had to start
a new game and am currently getting them all over again.
Smoked a Rockstar employee yesterday out of luck. smile.gif
DiO
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Oct 5 2008, 10:52 PM) [snapback]1467395[/snapback]
Yeah.. I'm basically a trophy whore. I downloaded some freaky Japanese game (thanks Dup) just to get trophies. The Burnout ones are a pain in the ass but I'm still workin for them. Good thing I got Uncharted when they came out. That game's too much to get all the trophies after beating it.

Rofl @ Dup. I got to do that.
Ex-PS Fanboy
i got 20% for uncharted, i was going to get more before my system crashed, hopefully i'll get most of the gta4 ones, and i'm buying stardust soon, so hopefully i'll get alot
DuPz0r
QUOTE(Hwisky @ Oct 5 2008, 08:15 PM) [snapback]1467363[/snapback]
*doesn't quote wall of text

I expect the next GTA to live up to SA's replay ability, not the 3rd one. The 3rd will have to go FAR beyond but in an uncheesey way.(Unlike SR2. AKA Cheese Factory)

@ Indy.
R* won't "borrow" from SR2's book because SR2 is just borrowing from SA's book.

Now that we've reached some sort of resolution, LET"S HAVE AN ORGY!

QUOTE(Hwisky @ Oct 6 2008, 04:00 PM) [snapback]1467457[/snapback]
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Oct 5 2008, 10:52 PM) [snapback]1467395[/snapback]

Rofl @ Dup. I got to do that.

XD.png lmao, I've had about 35 of my PSN contacts ask me what the fuck i was playing, and then i tell them its from the Japanese PSN store, then they all asked me how to get onto the store.

I have around 145 trophies now, because i'm a trophy addict too. I've bought a couple of PSN games mainly because they have trophies, which is kind of dumb lol, but they turned out to be fun games.
GLC

eye sook sleep.gif
Kamahl
i have like 40 trophies i think, i like the idea of trophies but im not an addict like others... and i have never bought a game just for trophies... but i might buy Burnout Paradise now that its just $30...
bOnEs

lol laugh.gif...
TheAnalogKid2112

Yeah! (Should I be this proud?)
HB~Sauce
I like collecting the trophies, borderline trophy whore. I got all the trophies in Uncharted and alot of the trophies in Burnout Paradise. I'll rack up all the offline ones for Burnout now, and if they patch GTAIV soon then I'll start on that again (too bad it wasn't retroactive sad.gif ).
Kamahl
theres a new game on the PSN called Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars (i know, big name) and it has 14 trophies, i think the game is very fun to play and has 4x split screen which a lot of games are lacking lately... i'd recommend getting it...

some of the features
* upload your replays to youtube
* custom soundtracks
* trophies
TheAnalogKid2112
I wasn't to impressed with SSARPBC (lmao) but maybe I'll mooch it off my friend who buys all the trophy games, just to get me some.
DuPz0r
I've just finished Burnout.P. 100% i'm moving on to wipeout HD now. These ones look much more challenging, which is cool biggrin.gif
GLC
Sacrificed time on my ps3 last night to get my first gold trophy sad.gif
TheAnalogKid2112
Last night my friend hooked me up with Supersonic Battle Car game, and it's a blast. I also got Linger In Shadows, which is freaking trippy. It's awesome.
DiO
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Oct 14 2008, 05:08 PM) [snapback]1468649[/snapback]
Last night my friend hooked me up with Supersonic Battle Car game, and it's a blast. I also got Linger In Shadows, which is freaking trippy. It's awesome.

What the fuck is it? I read the description and I was only more confused.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(Blackfuse @ Oct 14 2008, 03:22 PM) [snapback]1468663[/snapback]

I still don't know what it is. It's just cool.

In other news, I'm a week ahead of everybody with Rock Band 2 trophies!!!! Thanks Target!
DuPz0r
Anyone find some of the Wipeout HD trophies pretty hard? The game it's self gets hard near the end even on the easiest setting.
DiO
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Oct 15 2008, 12:16 AM) [snapback]1468703[/snapback]
QUOTE(Blackfuse @ Oct 14 2008, 03:22 PM) [snapback]1468663[/snapback]

I still don't know what it is. It's just cool.

Yah, I bought it yesterday. I somehow got a few trophies from it.
DuPz0r
I just bought "Linger in Shadows" because i had £2 in my account to waste. WTF is it? a game? an interactive video? i don't understand. Then i just found out you can get trophies for it, because i got like 16 of them after finishing it in 7 minutes.

It seems like an art project... trying to promote german urban artists.
TheAnalogKid2112
You gotta pause, explore, hit the buttons it says Idk. It's rracksy
DiO
It was worth my 3 bucks.
TheAnalogKid2112
Same here
DuPz0r
I have over 200 trophies now biggrin.gif

It seems like only yesterday i had 100...
...oh wait!

nah just kidding.
Kamahl
i didnt buy Linger in shadows cause its basically paying for trophies, once i get them, ill never "play" it again

QUOTE(DuPz0rô @ Oct 23 2008, 04:38 PM) [snapback]1469545[/snapback]
I have over 200 trophies now :D

It seems like only yesterday i had 100...
...oh wait!

nah just kidding.

i dunno how many i got, all i know is im level 4
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.