Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hospitals/Doctors SUCK!
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > General Discussion
Dr. Evil
This last month hasn't been the greatest in my life. I'll recap.

1st. I was playing Assassins Creed one night and decided to go to the kitchen to get some grub. I got up from my bed and rushed for the door, while doing so I cracked my ankle bone on a piece of metal that sticks out from the frame about 5 inches. Of course that piece just happened to find the edge of my damn ankle. I broke off a little piece of the bone...I can still feel it around in there if I push on it. At least it doesn't look like I have a baseball underneath the skin anymore.

2nd. About 2 weeks I started getting a sore throat...the lymph node on the right side of my neck started swelling up. The only thing I could eat was yogurt and apple sauce. About 3 days after this I went to the emergency room at St. Rose hospital. The doctor did a throat culture. 2 hours later he says that it isn't tonsilitis or strep throat (WHEW!). It was a viral infection, viral pharyngitis was the exact term. Since this is a viral infection and not a bacterial one there are no antibiotics. I've just been waiting it out for the last 2 weeks. One of which I missed from work. A few days ago I had the first real food I could eat in a while.

Thats pretty much it.
GLC
sad.gif
TheAnalogKid2112
Wow, man sorry about that. That's a good hospital, though biggrin.gif
Dr. Evil
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Sep 28 2008, 10:57 AM) [snapback]1466596[/snapback]
That's a good hospital, though biggrin.gif

They are, I will give them that. I just don't like doctors, always wanting their money. I got a bill from the EMERGENCY room for $367 bucks. A week later I got a bill from the DOCTOR for $200. WTF?!

I will admit that isn't that bad. A couple months ago my niece was in an accident. Her friend was driving too fast and didn't know how to handle the car. She lost control and went over what is basically a 30 ft cliff. She had to have, I think it was 2 or 3 surgeries. One was to patch up the intestine because the seatbelt caused some damage to it. Besides that, living in the desert after it happened my little niece walked over cactus to get back up to the freeway to get a cell phone signal.
Darth Sexy
Sounds like she was fucking lucky just to survive. Hospitals are expensive, but insurance should cover it (assuming you have insurance). If not, just be happy you're getting better.
Canadianbacon123
Thank god I live in Canada, don't have to deal with hospital bills.
Indy
NHS.
Dr. Evil
QUOTE(Darth Sexy @ Sep 29 2008, 06:47 AM) [snapback]1466717[/snapback]
Sounds like she was fucking lucky just to survive.

Yea, I drive past there everyday going and coming from work so I know the area well. The girl that was driving was released from the hospital the same day. She didn't even go to see my niece after it happened. She also tried to pass it onto her, saying it was my nieces fault. She is fine now, almost like nothing happened. Except for the scar on her stomach.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(sneaky @ Sep 28 2008, 11:30 PM) [snapback]1466657[/snapback]
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Sep 28 2008, 10:57 AM) [snapback]1466596[/snapback]
That's a good hospital, though biggrin.gif

They are, I will give them that. I just don't like doctors, always wanting their money. I got a bill from the EMERGENCY room for $367 bucks. A week later I got a bill from the DOCTOR for $200. WTF?!

Yeah man doctors don't care about their patients anymore. All they want is money.
Indy
I'm gonna study medicine and it really sucks how you guys feel about doctors, hopefully I can change that.
Pieface
BUPA For Free! Gotta love my dads work
Dr. Evil
QUOTE(IndĽ @ Sep 29 2008, 12:03 PM) [snapback]1466768[/snapback]
I'm gonna study medicine and it really sucks how you guys feel about doctors, hopefully I can change that.

I'm not saying all doctors suck. Just seems like most of them these days just care about money and not helping people. The doctor that helped me I tried several times to tell him that it could also be my saliva gland. Everytime he would tell me its just an infection...nothing to worry about.
Muscle Bound
Wow u know what i think ure a whiney bitch harden the fuck up Quote chopper i broke my arm and leg i had operations on both and i didnt bitch this thread is not needed.
Dr. Evil
QUOTE(Muscle Bound @ Oct 4 2008, 05:37 AM) [snapback]1467242[/snapback]
Wow u know what i think ure a whiney bitch harden the fuck up Quote chopper i broke my arm and leg i had operations on both and i didnt bitch this thread is not needed.

I bet your e-penis is over a foot long as well. rolleyes.gif
Muscle Bound
Wtf now u talkin dirtry.
TheAnalogKid2112

Lol!
Dr. Evil
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Oct 4 2008, 02:59 PM) [snapback]1467280[/snapback]

Lol!

Don't encourage the youngster. Its easy to talk shit when you don't know what someone has gone through in life.
Skinny 
QUOTE(Muscle Bound @ Oct 4 2008, 11:37 PM) [snapback]1467242[/snapback]
i think ure a whiney bitch harden the fuck up

notworthy.gif
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
QUOTE(IndĽ @ Sep 29 2008, 04:43 PM) [snapback]1466736[/snapback]
NHS.
[youtube]jp-8fctFpto[/youtube]
Indy
i never said it worked. funny song though loll
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
I no rite.

Amateur Transplants, same dudes that did the London Underground song. I went and got drunk with them at the Edinburgh Fringe this year after they signed this XD.png

Yes I am a sad medic.

Viva free healthcare(!)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.