Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Traditional Painting
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Media Discussion
DuPz0r
Here is some of my recent paintings. They aren't the bollocks, but i'm getting better with acrylic paint and ink.

Thumbs:

View them larger at DeviantART:
http://dupz0r.deviantart.com/gallery/

Tell me what you think.
asthenia
Lloyds Building and Canary Wharf ftw!

... I'm not stalking you or anything.. It's just so exciting to have someone using the gfx board...
DuPz0r
Tell me about it. It's been pretty dead for the past year.
DiO
Those looks sick. Im shit at painting. Then again the art teachers at high school don't really teach you how to paint. There's a brush, there's the paint, there's the canvas. BE GOOD AT IT! angry.gif
DuPz0r
To be honest you don't really get taught much about how to paint in college or uni either. You just have to hone you skills "apparently". Which is bollocks, because I've learnt more about art using the internet then i ever have in art school. The only thing i think they taught me, is contextual work.

But without the paper saying you can do it, you're not a Professional Artists "apparently". lol

Anyway, thanks biggrin.gif
DiO
QUOTE(DuPz0r™ @ Sep 24 2008, 05:14 PM) [snapback]1466139[/snapback]
To be honest you don't really get taught much about how to paint in college or uni either. You just have to hone you skills "apparently". Which is bollocks, because I've learnt more about art using the internet then i ever have in art school. The only thing i think they taught me, is contextual work.

But without the paper saying you can do it, you're not a Professional Artists "apparently". lol

Anyway, thanks biggrin.gif

Wow, thats fucking balls. Them professors are fucking lazy.
asthenia
s'not like it can be taught from scratch. You couldn't teach an amoeba how to recreate the Mona Lisa. There has to be some sort of spark there to set it off. Just like girls can't play games.

Osickburn.
Indy
Actually, the other day a swedish chick kicked my ass on halo.

Also, those pictures are pretty cool, my favourite is 6th one. I love drawings like that, if I ever see a t-shirt like that i normally buy it.
§ynch
QUOTE(DuPz0r™ @ Sep 24 2008, 12:47 PM) [snapback]1466128[/snapback]
Tell me what you think.

Nice work man.
Canary Wharf 2 is my favorite. smile.gif

I grew up drawing and painting.
Love acrylic, hate oil.
Also watercolor is cool when
painted over a drawing with
quill pen/india ink or rapidograph.

DuPz0r
QUOTE(§ynch @ Sep 25 2008, 07:42 PM) [snapback]1466241[/snapback]
QUOTE(DuPz0r™ @ Sep 24 2008, 12:47 PM) [snapback]1466128[/snapback]
Tell me what you think.

Nice work man.
Canary Wharf 2 is my favorite. smile.gif

I grew up drawing and painting.
Love acrylic, hate oil.
Also watercolor is cool when
painted over a drawing with
quill pen/india ink or rapidograph.

Yeah i love working with watercolor paint and ink.
PabloHoneyOle
I'd like that Spartan picture for above my bed.
DuPz0r
Well, you know you could always buy a print of it from DeviantART dry.gif

hehe
TheAnalogKid2112
I love the 2nd to last one.
Mad Space Ghost
Noice work, mah black person.
Qdeathstar
those first three are really good.
Mattay
Those paintings are great.

I'm really liking the Spartan one.
Hardcore Ottoman
If you used some awesome color pastel paints juxtaposing that bridge painting, and then offered a giclee print of it. I might buy it. No shit.
Mad Space Ghost
3rd one from bottom was the best.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.