Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: please invite me
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Multiplayer Discussion
firebird999
whenever i want to play a ranked game, i get booted. the only way i can play one is if i get invited. so please add me and invite me to really any ranked game whenever i'm on gta4. thank you.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(firebird999 @ Sep 23 2008, 07:54 AM) [snapback]1465915[/snapback]
whenever i want to play a ranked game, i get booted. the only way i can play one is if i get invited. so please add me and invite me to really any ranked game whenever i'm on gta4. thank you.

You can't invite people to ranked games.
bOnEs
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Sep 23 2008, 10:11 AM) [snapback]1465923[/snapback]

can someone explain what a ranked game is? maybe it's different with the 360 but, i can join any match i want... well, any match they throw me into... and i still rank up so, i don't understand what a ranked and a non-ranked match really is... i figured freeroam was a non-ranked match but, everything else gives you money so... ??
ViceMan
QUOTE(turd burglar @ Sep 23 2008, 05:12 PM) [snapback]1465934[/snapback]

can someone explain what a ranked game is? maybe it's different with the 360 but, i can join any match i want... well, any match they throw me into... and i still rank up so, i don't understand what a ranked and a non-ranked match really is... i figured freeroam was a non-ranked match but, everything else gives you money so... ??

Same 'ere, never really understood what was meant by ranked matches.
bOnEs
QUOTE(ViceMan @ Sep 23 2008, 12:51 PM) [snapback]1465939[/snapback]
QUOTE(turd burglar @ Sep 23 2008, 05:12 PM) [snapback]1465934[/snapback]

Same 'ere, never really understood what was meant by ranked matches.

must be a 360 thing then...

HAHA!!
FuddMan
Xbox Live games have two types of online matches: Ranked and Player. Ranked matches affect your scores on global leaderboards, as well as your TrueSkill rank. Because of this, you can't invite friends in case you use it to boost your rank unfairly (there are exceptions, which I'll explain in a sec). Player matches don't have any affect on any leaderboards and you can invite anyone to join the game at any time.

The exception to inviting people to Ranked games is when the game uses a party system, which as you know from GTA4 (and maybe COD4 and Halo 3), lets you play as a team against other players/parties. You can only do team versus game modes though, so in GTA4 you're limited to Ranked Team Deathmatch, Cops n Crooks, Team Mafiya Work, Team Car Jack City and Turf War, but obviously if you play Player matches you can do any mode (which I usually do since most people in Ranked games are wankers anyway).
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Sep 23 2008, 02:42 PM) [snapback]1465956[/snapback]
Xbox Live games have two types of online matches: Ranked and Player. Ranked matches affect your scores on global leaderboards, as well as your TrueSkill rank. Because of this, you can't invite friends in case you use it to boost your rank unfairly (there are exceptions, which I'll explain in a sec). Player matches don't have any affect on any leaderboards and you can invite anyone to join the game at any time.

The exception to inviting people to Ranked games is when the game uses a party system, which as you know from GTA4 (and maybe COD4 and Halo 3), lets you play as a team against other players/parties. You can only do team versus game modes though, so in GTA4 you're limited to Ranked Team Deathmatch, Cops n Crooks, Team Mafiya Work, Team Car Jack City and Turf War, but obviously if you play Player matches you can do any mode (which I usually do since most people in Ranked games are wankers anyway).

Exactly.

Thanks for typing all that shit out. I wasn't even going to bother.
DiO
So on the 360, can you level up in player servers? Cuz playing the co-op missions with friends is a fun way to level up. If not that sucks for you.
FuddMan
Nope, you can only rank up with strangers on the co-op missions. It sucks, but then playing the same level over and over again to unlock some helmets was never a particular interest of mine, so it doesn't bother me. I know a lot of people were/are annoyed by it though.
bOnEs
...and yet another reason why #@$%#@& sucks... lol, kidding but, that does seem to be a bit of a problem... who really cares if you use your friends to level up?! it's only a damn game... lol, as if the rankings really mean something... thank god there's no restrictions like that on the PSN... they let us run wild in GTAIV laugh.gif...
firebird999
well that sucks, but really even unranked matches, i just can't join. i don't know if i get booted or what, but i just can't join anything, i can only make a new game.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.