Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rockstar North Recruiting
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Site News
Psy
Not exactly a major piece of news, however DuPz0r™ has just brought it to my attention that Rockstar North are recruiting for a number of positions. If you're interested in working in the games industry for one of the biggest and most well known developers in the world, and you have the necessary talents and skills, then head over to RockstarNorth.com and apply.

The current open positions are:
  • Audio Programmer
  • Environment Artists
  • Game Programmers
  • Games Tester
  • Level Designers
  • Senior Tools Programmer
I Made Your Mom In GMod
QUOTE(Psy @ Sep 14 2008, 11:59 AM) [snapback]1464795[/snapback]
  • Level Designers

Gadnabbit. sad.gif
DuPz0r
I would have applied a position as I'm currently concept drawing. But i haven't finished my degree (not even half way through) so i wouldn't get the job.

Maybe I'll apply some time in the future.
Zen
Would "Admin of GTA4.TV" qualify as previous jobs? tongue.gif
bOnEs
too bad they don't need a graphic artist sad.gif...
Psy
I'd love to apply for the games tester position, but unfortunately I start uni in 2 weeks and that's me sorted for the next 3 years... Maybe once I finish my course... Then again, by then I should be looking at game development rather than game testing.
PabloHoneyOle
I'll take the Game Tester position.

They can pay me in marijuana.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Sep 14 2008, 02:22 PM) [snapback]1464877[/snapback]
I'll take the Game Tester position.

They can pay me in marijuana.

CutThatCity
Hasnt this whole recruiting thing been up for like two years...?
DuPz0r
They had recruiting up a couple of years ago, but that was for gta4. This has been put up again since then.
Harrop
Will this be for the new GTA then???
FuddMan
QUOTE(Quim Boy @ Sep 15 2008, 10:22 AM) [snapback]1464940[/snapback]

Who knows, but looking at R* North's list of games you could probably assume it's for a GTA of some kind (although not necessarily GTA V)
Harrop
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Sep 15 2008, 12:44 PM) [snapback]1464962[/snapback]
QUOTE(Quim Boy @ Sep 15 2008, 10:22 AM) [snapback]1464940[/snapback]

Who knows, but looking at R* North's list of games you could probably assume it's for a GTA of some kind (although not necessarily GTA V)

Rockstar North always make the GTA's.

They could be making a new game but to be honest I think there probably making more DLC for the 360 and new (different) stuff for the PS3.
DiO
How amazing would that be? Working for R*... Jumpy.gif
CutThatCity
Incredibly amazing...
firebird999
I applied for level designer and THEY HIRED ME!!!!!!!!! Jumpy.gif

just kidding... *sigh*
HEAT84
I applied for CEO and they hired me. I'm not kidding. cool.gif

Games Tester doesn't mean playing beta (or alpha?) versions of games all day and letting the devs know the bugs you found does it? jawdrop.gif
GTA 4EVER
QUOTE(HEAT84 @ Sep 20 2008, 12:18 PM) [snapback]1465564[/snapback]
I applied for CEO and they hired me. I'm not kidding. cool.gif

Games Tester doesn't mean playing beta (or alpha?) versions of games all day and letting the devs know the bugs you found does it? jawdrop.gif

congratulations then.

games tester means like that. thats good because at least we can know how's the game looks like before published
FuddMan
Testing is very repetitive though. I'd imagine many testers are pretty much sick of the game they're testing by the time it's released.
HEAT84
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Sep 27 2008, 01:14 PM) [snapback]1466482[/snapback]
Testing is very repetitive though. I'd imagine many testers are pretty much sick of the game they're testing by the time it's released.

Do they just play the game like normal and make note of any bugs they come across, or do they actually have to test specific parts of they game? Is there more than one person testing one game and each person tests a different part of the game?
FuddMan
QUOTE(HEAT84 @ Sep 27 2008, 10:18 PM) [snapback]1466502[/snapback]
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Sep 27 2008, 01:14 PM) [snapback]1466482[/snapback]

Do they just play the game like normal and make note of any bugs they come across, or do they actually have to test specific parts of they game? Is there more than one person testing one game and each person tests a different part of the game?

From what I've seen in behind-the-scenes videos, it's usually a team of testers that focus on one area at a time, although there might be multiple teams. Basically they play through the game and do whatever they can to bring out any bugs. If they find one, they'll recreate it and send the info off to the programmers who'll issue a fix. Then it goes back to the testers to see if the fix has worked, and whether it has or it hasn't, the cycle repeats. It's a constant to-ing and fro-ing thing that can last for months on end.
I Made Your Mom In GMod
From what I've heard testing can be as boring as jumping up and down on one spot a thousand times. Not a job you'd want if you hope to still like the game you're testing afterwards.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.