Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What would happen if Obama were to be assassinated
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Political & World Issues
deejay
first im black and hate politics no matter who is running because of being from Jamaica an seeing people dying when elections come around. But how will America react to the first African American candidate if he were to be killed.
Skinny 
They would act shocked, but they were expecting it, so society won't crumble.
PabloHoneyOle
I'm reporting this thread to the Secret Service.

I highly doubt anyone will have the balls to pull off a successful assassination. I'm not saying there won't be attempts or threats aplenty. The last president assassinated was Kennedy. Since then, the detailed security for the President of the United States has been stepped up ten fold.

At the Democratic National Convention, police picked up two possible "would-be assassins" on routine traffic stops. The two turned out to be huge redneck methheads who drove out to the convention with a couple of rifles in the trunk of their car. It's incredibly unlikely that anyone who would try to assassinate Obama will have any chance of getting to him in the US.

Look at the past presidential assassination attempts in the last two decades, aside from Regan getting actually shot after leaving a speaking engagement; every other attempt has been either someone shooting a gun at the White House in DC (or crashing a plane) or some other perceived assassination attempt.
new major on the block
Well look at RFK, it happened before he would have been the candidate. Security will be tight but never as tight as actually being president. And he isn't in the whitehouse yet, so anythigs possible. I really dont give a shit if he was, im not voting for that wolf in the sheeps clothing anyways. Call me what you will, but id rather have the old guy in the white house. I trust him a hell of alot more than rama lama ding dong.
deejay
im talking about a vote, my question is, is he beloved by African Americans enough to cause havoc if something were to happen to him
Hardcore Ottoman
I don't know. But society wouldn't be any better if he was assassinated. I feel it would only get worse.
Skinny 
QUOTE(deejay @ Sep 11 2008, 11:29 AM) [snapback]1464169[/snapback]
im talking about a vote, my question is, is he beloved by African Americans enough to cause havoc if something were to happen to him

there will be outrage alright.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Sep 11 2008, 07:28 AM) [snapback]1464219[/snapback]

"black people be wild n' out" is the correct terminology.
Harrop
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Sep 11 2008, 02:16 PM) [snapback]1464240[/snapback]

Lol

Why the fuck are people talking about him getting killed, he's not even your President yet, at least wait until then before you start talking about assasinations and shit lol.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Quim Boy @ Sep 11 2008, 10:27 AM) [snapback]1464245[/snapback]
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Sep 11 2008, 02:16 PM) [snapback]1464240[/snapback]

Lol

Why the fuck are people talking about him getting killed, he's not even your President yet, at least wait until then before you start talking about assasinations and shit lol.

As previously mentioned by newmajor, RFK was assassinated prior to becoming president. He also was supposed to be the "Candidate of Change" during that election period.
shootthebandit
Noone will even attempt to assasinate him.

they know that if they assasinate him, Clinton will become president by default and that would just be terrible. i bet even the grand-master of the 'klu klux klan' would rather have a black man run a country than a woman.

PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Sep 11 2008, 03:30 PM) [snapback]1464318[/snapback]
they know that if they assasinate him, Clinton will become president by default and that would just be terrible. i bet even the grand-master of the 'klu klux klan' would rather have a black man run a country than a woman.

What the fuck are you talking about? Clinton has nothing to do with anything anymore.
shootthebandit
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Sep 11 2008, 09:43 PM) [snapback]1464329[/snapback]

What the fuck are you talking about? Clinton has nothing to do with anything anymore.

correct me if im wrong, but isnt she the vice-president (if obama comes to power)?

if obama were to die doesnt the vice president take-over?
Hardcore Ottoman
No, Joe Biden will be... you lose.
Screw Loose
Because Joe Biden was selected for VP...
Un-Amurikan Bastage
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Sep 11 2008, 02:47 PM) [snapback]1464330[/snapback]

correct me if im wrong, but isnt she the vice-president (if obama comes to power)?

Ehhh, no. Phail.
Qdeathstar
We'll probably make a couple of memorials for him, Biden will win in a landslide victory, and we'll move on.

QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Sep 11 2008, 08:47 PM) [snapback]1464330[/snapback]

Dude. Mate. www.msnbc.com www.cnn.com www.ged.com
Skinny 
[youtube]nid7PRNQ5F0[/youtube]
shootthebandit
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Sep 12 2008, 09:48 AM) [snapback]1464423[/snapback]
[youtube]nid7PRNQ5F0[/youtube]

ROFL, he looks like dumbledore from Harry Potter.

what a dick-head. fuck off and go inbreed with your sister.

im white but these fucking confederates are a bunch of inbred bastards.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Sittin @ Sep 12 2008, 01:16 AM) [snapback]1464411[/snapback]
Dude. Mate. www.msnbc.com www.cnn.com www.ged.com

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.