Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where did the phrase "fine gentleman" come from?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > General Discussion
Seeen
I've seen a lot of people use that phrase around here, so where did it come from?
Mattay
It's actually a word filter.

When someone uses the word "fag" or "faggots," it's substituted to "fine gentleman(s)."
TheAnalogKid2112
Naw, it actually means a man who is very polite and is a total gentleman. Violence and hatred is the last thing on his mind. He puts everybody before himself and respects everybody including the law.
Fine gentleman.
Hardcore Ottoman
What an altruistic faggot...
Harrop
QUOTE(Mattay @ Sep 9 2008, 01:33 AM) [snapback]1463700[/snapback]

When someone uses the word "fine gentleman" or "fine gentlemangots," it's substituted to "fine gentleman(s)."

Why though???
FuddMan
QUOTE(Quim Boy @ Sep 9 2008, 11:07 AM) [snapback]1463750[/snapback]
QUOTE(Mattay @ Sep 9 2008, 01:33 AM) [snapback]1463700[/snapback]

When someone uses the word "fine gentleman" or "fine gentlemangots," it's substituted to "fine gentleman(s)."

Why though???

All fad words on the boards will get filtered for the fun of it. The one before fag was 'nigger', which gets replaced with 'black dude'. It's just funny '_'.
Styl
Can't forget "surprise sex" either....

Hehehehehehe
ENVi3
can't forget about that one time when the Admins placed a filter on so many common words that no one could post anything legible ......
DiO
QUOTE(Mattay @ Sep 8 2008, 07:33 PM) [snapback]1463700[/snapback]

And faggot as a singular translates to "Belgian bundle of sticks"
Hardcore Ottoman
Belgian bundle of sticks

Edit--Wow. What else are some filtered words?
Psy
QUOTE(X_ENVi3-_- @ Sep 9 2008, 10:46 PM) [snapback]1463912[/snapback]
can't forget about that one time when the Admins placed a filter on so many common words that no one could post anything legible ......

Despite myself getting insanely pissed off at the admins responsible for that, I literally nearly wet myself laughing at some of the posts roll2.gif
Don Leone
Can we create a topic where everything comes out like that?!
FuddMan
QUOTE(King Midas Bitch! @ Sep 10 2008, 12:23 AM) [snapback]1463934[/snapback]
Belgian bundle of sticks

Edit--Wow. What else are some filtered words?

Of course, being admin also has its perks:

biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Don Leone @ Sep 10 2008, 02:12 PM) [snapback]1464011[/snapback]
Can we create a topic where everything comes out like that?!

Word filters are board-wide, so no.
Skinny 
gay/pedo site, LOL SPAM LOL, fine gentleman, Belgian bundle of sticks, tell me what you think of my shameless advertising, black person, black people, black dude, black people, the dentist, LOL SPAM LOL, the guy who works at the cemetary.

Not to bask in the words I can say:
NiggersNiggersNiggersNiggersNiggersNiggersNiggersNiggersNiggersNiggersNiggersNiggersNiggersNiggersNiggersNiggersNiggersNiggersNiggersNiggersNiggersNiggersNiggersNiggersNiggersNiggersNiggersNiggersNiggersNiggers.

RapeRapeRapeRapeRapeRapeRapeRapeRapeRapeRapeRapeRapeRapeRapeRapeRapeRapeRapeRapeRapeRapeRapeRapeRapeRapeRapeRapeRapeRapeRapeRapeRapeRapeRapeRape
firebird999
gay/pedo site LOL SPAM LOL fine gentleman Belgian bundle of sticks tell me what you think of my shameless advertising black person black people black people black dude the dentist LOL SPAM LOL the guy who works at the cemetary
DiO
gay/pedo site
LOL SPAM LOL
fine gentleman
fine gentlemangot
tell me what you think of my shameless advertising
black person
black persons
black personz
black dude
the dentist
LOL SPAM LOL
yothe dentist

/\ In the order if the pic Duffy posted.

your mom and faggot don't fully filter because the "ur mom" and "fag filters.
Indy
this question is almost as brilliant as when that guy asked what the spam thread was.
Pieface
4chan

lol wut?
Don Leone
black people
Heartless
nigger
TreeFitty
QUOTE(Psy @ Sep 10 2008, 07:46 AM) [snapback]1464006[/snapback]
QUOTE(X_ENVi3-_- @ Sep 9 2008, 10:46 PM) [snapback]1463912[/snapback]

Despite myself getting insanely pissed off at the admins responsible for that, I literally nearly wet myself laughing at some of the posts roll2.gif

Ah... April Fools. This was the best one I saw:
QUOTE(TreeFitty @ Apr 1 2008, 01:44 PM) [snapback]1404147[/snapback]
QUOTE(Psy @ Apr 1 2008, 12:11 PM) [snapback]1404046[/snapback]
QUOTE(Mekington @ Apr 1 2008, 05:01 PM) [snapback]1404036[/snapback]
edit: lol wut TEH fuck, TEH filters are fucking everything up

Basically it got messed up lol wut I had to TEH MOON TEH MOON format TEH whole thing, lol wut lemon squeezy there's

Two problems:

CD/DVD drive = Broken, lol wut lol wut so uh uh I can't re-install. Unless I download TEH game lol wut lemon squeezy use my legit key (which babies are TEH absence of love long)

Video Card = Everytime I plonk my video card in, even lol wut I'm using latest drivers/proper Power Supply etc.. It still randomly freezes MASSIVE BREASTS I'm browsing TEH web. It's stupid mustard dressing It could handle CoD4 24 hours a day lol wut for as long as possible, yet froze up MASSIVE BREASTS browsing TEH internet.

lol wut it's not just TEH video card, because it's happened with aids aids 3 different cards now (5500, 6600 lol wut 7600gs) - lol wut lol wut so uh uh my Mobo babies are TEH absence of love probably fucked...

Whoever fucked with the word filters is a cock, because the changes are permanent on new posts (you dick head), but god damn your post is funny as fuck.

roll2.gif

Well, that article was the funniest thing all day, but now its just a chuckle compared to that^

I still bust out laughing at that.
PabloHoneyOle
fine gentleman.
black dude.

fuck.
Heartless
protip - quote a non-admin post.
Marneyo Juano
going completley off topic...the frase fine gentleman...I bet almost nobody here knows where that actually came from lol
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
It's an inside joke from the Mushroom Kingdom on Cybernations. When there was actual competition for dominance in that game, the good side used it as a way to call the other side faggots without drawing the ire of the mods on the big boards.

I brought it here for no reason.
Darth Sexy
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Nov 18 2008, 12:07 PM) [snapback]1472019[/snapback]
It's an inside joke from the Mushroom Kingdom on Cybernations. When there was actual competition for dominance in that game, the good side used it as a way to call the other side faggots without drawing the ire of the mods on the big boards.

I brought it here for no reason.

Because you're awesome.
Marneyo Juano
no because in an MSN convo i mentioned that it would be cool to get new wordlfilter on common words.
Then his awesomeness kicked in.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Chris Benoit Stunt Double @ Nov 18 2008, 01:11 PM) [snapback]1472079[/snapback]
no because in an MSN convo i mentioned that it would be cool to get new wordlfilter on common words.
Then his awesomeness kicked in.

OH WOW UR A LEGUND!
Marneyo Juano
I just wanted to fit in sad.gif
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
Yeah but it was my filter implemented by me, I'd say you were something of a minor player >.>
Marneyo Juano
I STILL DESERVE A SLICE OF THE AWSUMCAKE.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.