Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Apart from the DLC
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Downloadable Content / Next GTA Discussion
victimsfamily
I think the internet was a great idea that they should continue to update even after the game is finished, through the xboxlive or PSN, if connected.

There could be updates from time to time with funny news on Liberty Tree or weazel news, new blog entries... Maybe it would be possible to directly link the game to a real internet source with their updates, I don't know...

I guess it would be a lot of work to put that up though. I mean come up with new funny things and content...

I'd defintely thoroughly enjoy new internet little things, because it feels a bit dead once the game is finished, no one ever sends us mails or anything... A flash game site would be awesome too, with ingame leaderboards, like said on another subject...

(One thing they could have done that wouldn't have required regular updates, would have been to make friends continue to send emails with random "never ending" tasks to do, like continue the import export, but not scripted, with random cars so that we always have something to do. Well, it's the main thing that IV lacks anyway : randomised "never ending" missions...)

What I mean is that IV's internet, though very deep and well put, definitely lacks life...

What do you think ?
firebird999
agree totally. you should be able to email and call xbox live friends too. and send pics to them.
victimsfamily
QUOTE(firebird999 @ Sep 9 2008, 12:16 AM) [snapback]1463691[/snapback]
agree totally. you should be able to email and call xbox live friends too. and send pics to them.

Email friends ingame with their gamertag, very nice idea !

Talking about pics, I saw that site athousandwords.net in the game (I'm playing it again since the DLC was anounced...), which is supposed to be a photo-sharing site, and I wonder if we were supposed to be able to post our own photos before they scraped the idea... Well seeing as they mock the whole principle of this kind of site in the "features" part, I doubt it, but anyway it would have been cool. We could post like 3 photos at a time, share it with every other gamers. Something to do in this game, anything !!
But seriously, I would love a shop ingame where we could buy a proper camera in the DLC, to be able to take large and good looking photos, it was nice in SanAndreas ! So much great and easy to incorporate things they could have improved...

Oh nevermind, I realized that athousandwords.net site is more of a "face" photo site. But anyway, a site for photos ingame would be cool.
istealkegs
QUOTE(victimsfamily @ Sep 8 2008, 10:41 PM) [snapback]1463724[/snapback]
(I'm playing it again since the DLC was anounced...)

did i miss this announcement? Or are you talking about the 'rumor'?
GLC
QUOTE(istealkegs @ Sep 9 2008, 03:50 PM) [snapback]1463799[/snapback]
QUOTE(victimsfamily @ Sep 8 2008, 10:41 PM) [snapback]1463724[/snapback]
(I'm playing it again since the DLC was anounced...)

did i miss this announcement? Or are you talking about the 'rumor'?

http://www.gta4.tv/forums/index.php?showto...p;#entry1463798
DiO
QUOTE(victimsfamily @ Sep 8 2008, 04:42 PM) [snapback]1463658[/snapback]
I'd defintely thoroughly enjoy new internet little things, because it feels a bit dead once the game is finished, no one ever sends us mails or anything... A flash game site would be awesome too, with ingame leaderboards, like said on another subject...

QUOTE(victimsfamily @ Sep 8 2008, 09:41 PM) [snapback]1463724[/snapback]
But seriously, I would love a shop ingame where we could buy a proper camera in the DLC, to be able to take large and good looking photos, it was nice in SanAndreas ! So much great and easy to incorporate things they could have improved...

Great ideas. I spent SOO much time in SA taking pics and uploading them here for everyone to see. I was severely pissed that the camera on the phone wasn't functional.
Beast Jericho
What the fuck could you take a picture of in LC? It's all city... you'd have to make the art yourself. I never really took that many pics until I found this site though, before that I got a low rider and tricked it out at loco low co. and took it back to grove street. Then I would recuit some homies and we all would stand in front of my new car and posed with guns and liquor and weed and take pics.
victimsfamily
I've seen 2 shops, one in Alderney one in Dukes I think, with big "Camera" sign written on it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.