Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: anyone ever try this?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Multiplayer Discussion
RomanBellic
setting up a melee-only deathmatch! it's pretty fun with no powerful weapons involved whenever i get to host a deathmatch game i always make it melee weapons only and set the location as happiness island (so no one steals cars and runs you over) even though there's a turismo on that island,but not many people know that biggrin.gif
PabloHoneyOle
These are fun in the prison too.
GLC
prison deathmatch,melee only,no blips = clap.gif

edit: o noez! 666 posts!
FuddMan
QUOTE(Quim Boy @ Sep 8 2008, 04:53 PM) [snapback]1463582[/snapback]
I never play IV online.

So why did you post? Why are you even in this forum if you don't play multiplayer?

prison deathmatch,melee only,no blips =

+1.
TwoFacedTanner
I dont know, the melee is always buggy for me.
Like my friends will be about three feet away swinging at me, and they'll be making hits, but when I swing back it doesnt do anything. So while it sounds fun, its probably better that I dont ever try that. haha
bOnEs
ehh, i usually bust out the knife when i keep spawning next to people in free mode... sure i keep dying but, i was gonna pry die anyways... plus, it's fun to piss people off when i do kill em while they're trying to unload a pistol a point blank range, which you can't do in this game biggrin.gif...
FuddMan
QUOTE(Quim Boy @ Sep 8 2008, 05:03 PM) [snapback]1463587[/snapback]
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Sep 8 2008, 04:57 PM) [snapback]1463584[/snapback]
QUOTE(Quim Boy @ Sep 8 2008, 04:53 PM) [snapback]1463582[/snapback]
I never play IV online.

So why did you post? Why are you even in this forum if you don't play multiplayer?

prison deathmatch,melee only,no blips =
+1.

Because I signed up before IV came out and just stayed on for other things, I only come on here when I'm in work for something to do as most other sites are restricted and because these forums aren't just all about playing GTA IV online.

I was talking about this forum. The one entitled Multiplayer Discussion. If you have no intention of playing GTA IV online, why would you come into a topic here and announce it? huh.gif Actually, don't answer that. Just please, don't do it again.
firebird999
yeah i hate rocket launchers and shotguns, they require no skill. i kick butt with the automatic rifle, but then the other people have it unfair. it's best to do melee only, for sure.
Seeen
I agree with TwoFacedTanner, it's always really buggy. At the same time though, when it isn't buggy it's really fun and suprisingly easy. Boppin' people in the side of the head is always brutal and fast.
Juan Tito Sanchez
QUOTE(RomanBellic @ Sep 8 2008, 12:39 PM) [snapback]1463548[/snapback]
setting up a melee-only deathmatch! it's pretty fun with no powerful weapons involved whenever i get to host a deathmatch game i always make it melee weapons only and set the location as happiness island (so no one steals cars and runs you over) even though there's a turismo on that island,but not many people know that biggrin.gif

Theres also a forklift lol
firebird999
A forklift? lol
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(firebird999 @ Sep 8 2008, 08:20 PM) [snapback]1463695[/snapback]
yeah i hate rocket launchers and shotguns, they require no skill. i kick butt with the automatic rifle, but then the other people have it unfair. it's best to do melee only, for sure.

I don't necessarily agree, rocket launchers in the prison are a hilarious good time.
Verdanice
The one time I participated in one of those (at the prison), two things went wrong. One, everybody was leaving the prison and driving each other over. Two, within the first five minutes of play, I got SMG'd. If somebody wants to explain that to me that would be great.

I should also mention the time I was in a GTA race. I tend to treat them like normal races but fire at vehicles in front of me and get a little bit dirtier with the cars around me - so I almost always finish first (unless it lags up at some point throwing me off a bridge or cliff or into the interior of a building, etc., all happened). Once I was watching the other two players after my win. They were knifing each other, not sure why they both had knives, but I actually watched for ten minutes. They were on a dock and constantly falling in and out and they were obviously experiencing far too much lag to successfully and intentionally get a hit in on the other. It was funny to watch.
RomanBellic
QUOTE(GLC @ Sep 8 2008, 02:27 PM) [snapback]1463565[/snapback]

I did that once and everyone just left cause they couldn't cope with not knowing where everyone is...
GLC
QUOTE(RomanBellic @ Oct 11 2008, 12:55 PM) [snapback]1468059[/snapback]
QUOTE(GLC @ Sep 8 2008, 02:27 PM) [snapback]1463565[/snapback]

I did that once and everyone just left cause they couldn't cope with not knowing where everyone is...

ohmy.gif....

sleep.gif
mochag13
Not only have I "tried" it, but I do it often.

When I set up melee only though, I be sure to include the "police - on" option. I see hoards of high ranking players opt out in the lobby but they really don't realize how fun it can be with police on.

Let's put it this way. I have the "One man army" Trophy. So liberating carbine riffles from N.O.O.S.E is not a problem for me. I can even lose the 4 stars.

I just did a match like that and had this fella chasing me as if I was running from him when in fact I was trying to shake 4 stars. Once I did that, I just stopped the vehicle, got out and emptied an entire carbine riffle clip into his ass.

He quit the round immediately after that lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.