Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Xbox 360 Price Cut
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
FuddMan
It's official: We've got an Xbox 360 price cut coming to the US. Our friends in Japan announced their price cut earlier this week, but now it's time to roll one out here. As of September 5th, the new prices will be as follows:

Xbox 360 Arcade $199
Xbox 360 $299
Xbox 360 Elite $399

Hot Sauce

Normally I don't post news like this, but I figured this was significant because now the 360 is officially cheaper than the Wii, which should get a few more folks on board.

Won't be long before the console is cheaper than the games...
TheAnalogKid2112
HA HA.
bOnEs
thank god someone is slashing prices... maybe this will force the others to do the same... nintendo and sony...
Darth Sexy
And I bought mine 5 months ago. Great.
Indy
Hopefully a price-cut in UK too.
DiO
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Sep 3 2008, 07:28 PM) [snapback]1462813[/snapback]
thank god someone is slashing prices... maybe this will force the others to do the same... nintendo and sony...

Nintendo probably will. The easily can because the Wiis are so cheap to produce. Sony probably wont anytime soon because they are so expensive to produce. They lose a lot of money for each console they sell.
Pieface
QUOTE(Laurence Trevennor @ Sep 4 2008, 06:46 PM) [snapback]1462951[/snapback]

Nintendo probably will. The easily can because the Wiis are so cheap to produce. Sony probably wont anytime soon because they are so expensive to produce. They lose a lot of money for each console they sell.

I thought that changed now, and they can make them around equal price for what they sell?
DiO
QUOTE(Pieface @ Sep 4 2008, 01:48 PM) [snapback]1462978[/snapback]
QUOTE(Laurence Trevennor @ Sep 4 2008, 06:46 PM) [snapback]1462951[/snapback]

I thought that changed now, and they can make them around equal price for what they sell?
Hmm, I actually do recall. I doubt equal price but probably better. That was at the last price cut tho. Unless they make more changes. ohmy.gif
Sharpie Fetish
Im hoping they Sony and Nintendo do cut there prices to up the ante aswell as making it cheaper for me to buy a Wii and PS3 because i wont all 3 of the systems
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Sep 3 2008, 05:51 PM) [snapback]1462767[/snapback]
Xbox 360 Arcade $199
Xbox 360 $299
Xbox 360 Elite $399

Normally I don't post news like this, but I figured this was significant because now the 360 is officially cheaper than the Wii, which should get a few more folks on board.

I'm afraid this will mean more poor white trash and stupid little black kids infesting XBL.
asthenia
QUOTE(Sharpie Fetish @ Sep 4 2008, 08:22 PM) [snapback]1462987[/snapback]
Im hoping they Sony and Nintendo do cut there prices to up the ante aswell as making it cheaper for me to buy a Wii and PS3 because i wont all 3 of the systems

I've played the Wii a few times. I'd never buy one, not unless I had friends or family over alot, I hate playing it alone.
Sharpie Fetish
QUOTE(Asthenia @ Sep 4 2008, 08:54 PM) [snapback]1462996[/snapback]
QUOTE(Sharpie Fetish @ Sep 4 2008, 08:22 PM) [snapback]1462987[/snapback]

I've played the Wii a few times. I'd never buy one, not unless I had friends or family over alot, I hate playing it alone.

If you like the Nintendo classics (IE Me) your in heaven but im not getting it for wii sports or wii play or any of that simply the badass nintendo classics and no more heroes (and more)
FuddMan
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Sep 4 2008, 08:47 PM) [snapback]1462994[/snapback]
Xbox 360 Arcade $199
Xbox 360 $299
Xbox 360 Elite $399

I'm afraid this will mean more poor white trash and stupid little black kids infesting XBL.

So in other words, more of the same. It's alright, just play with people you know or don't bother plugging in your headset and those pre-pubescent loudmouths won't be (much of) a problem. Online gaming has always been the same, it's just on a much larger scale now.
DiO
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Sep 5 2008, 01:14 PM) [snapback]1463160[/snapback]
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Sep 4 2008, 08:47 PM) [snapback]1462994[/snapback]
Xbox 360 Arcade $199
Xbox 360 $299
Xbox 360 Elite $399

So in other words, more of the same. It's alright, just play with people you know or don't bother plugging in your headset and those pre-pubescent loudmouths won't be (much of) a problem. Online gaming has always been the same, it's just on a much larger scale now.

I find playing older games like Counter-Strike (1.6) is pretty n00b free because its all the hardcore fans that only play it still. That and everyone is fucking amazing at the game and I get my ass kicked.
HB~Sauce
Nice to see a price cut, but I wouldn't buy a 360 unless I could get Xbox Live.
Pieface
QUOTE(HB~Sauce @ Sep 7 2008, 12:25 AM) [snapback]1463379[/snapback]

What do you mean if you could get it? Money or are the Canadians stillw aiting for Electricity (Will ask D-O that actually)
HB~Sauce
QUOTE(Pieface @ Sep 7 2008, 01:10 PM) [snapback]1463482[/snapback]
QUOTE(HB~Sauce @ Sep 7 2008, 12:25 AM) [snapback]1463379[/snapback]

What do you mean if you could get it? Money or are the Canadians stillw aiting for Electricity (Will ask D-O that actually)

Haha, nah its on the internet side of things. I need a static ip to play online with the high speed setup I have and depending on how things work out it the next week or so, I will either have a working PSN account (then maybe a xbox live one) or wait till I'm in some sort of post secondary insitution in an urban setting to play online.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.