Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Resistance 2
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
HB~Sauce
I don't see a topic discussing the game and now that its confirmed for Nov.4 (in the NA atleast),that there's a beta going on right now (public beta in early October!), and a collectors edition of the game coming I thought a topic was in order.

So, is anyone in the beta? Also, has anyone been following the development of this game?
TheAnalogKid2112
I should be checking Qore. I'm supposed to get into the beta this month. They've got some badass beta vids online you should check them out.
DiO
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Sep 2 2008, 10:13 PM) [snapback]1462588[/snapback]
I should be checking Qore. I'm supposed to get into the beta this month. They've got some badass beta vids online you should check them out.

Lucky slutbag. Then again you also live in Vegas. Nov 4, fucking right.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(Laurence Trevennor @ Sep 3 2008, 11:23 AM) [snapback]1462699[/snapback]
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Sep 2 2008, 10:13 PM) [snapback]1462588[/snapback]

Lucky slutbag. Then again you also live in Vegas. Nov 4, fucking right.

Yeeeah it's cause I live in Vegas. Right. I wish you could live here for one month so you could see why I'm so negative towards it hahaha. IT SUCKS! I want to go to Canada cause it's snowy..
ENVi3
I guess I\'m not supposed to say that I am, but I\'m in the private beta. I\'ve logged a good 4hrs in Co-op and like 6 in Competitive. but i can\'t really say more.
the public beta would be pretty cool to get a lot of people to play with, as long as there isn\'t any problems, because that would be annoying; but it\'s better than having them with the full game.

I'm just waiting for Gamestop to get the sku for the collector\'s so i can go change my pre-order. =) nevermind, i just called and they do have it, now it's just up to me to go to the store and change it.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/09/02/...blic-beta-info/

I wish you could live here for one month so you could see why I\'m so negative towards it hahaha. IT SUCKS! I want to go to Canada cause it\'s snowy..
hey i actually have lived there for a month, and i have visited a few times.
i\'m assuming you\'re referring to on a summer day its actually nice if the temperature gets down to about 100, instead of being up near 120. i hated that and at night i couldn\'t sleep sometimes because there would be normal traffic and its kinda well light up. my aunt and cousins live there,and they seem fine .... i guess you just need to adapt.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(X_ENVi3-_- @ Sep 3 2008, 01:49 PM) [snapback]1462746[/snapback]
I guess I\'m not supposed to say that I am, but I\'m in the private beta. I\'ve logged a good 4hrs in Co-op and like 6 in Competitive. but i can\'t really say more.
the public beta would be pretty cool to get a lot of people to play with, as long as there isn\'t any problems, because that would be annoying; but it\'s better than having them with the full game.

I'm just waiting for Gamestop to get the sku for the collector\'s so i can go change my pre-order. =) nevermind, i just called and they do have it, now it's just up to me to go to the store and change it.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/09/02/...blic-beta-info/

I wish you could live here for one month so you could see why I\'m so negative towards it hahaha. IT SUCKS! I want to go to Canada cause it\'s snowy..
i\'m assuming you\'re referring to on a summer day its actually nice if the temperature gets down to about 100, instead of being up near 120. i hated that and at night i couldn\'t sleep sometimes because there would be normal traffic and its kinda well light up. my aunt and cousins live there,and they seem fine .... i guess you just need to adapt.

I've lived here 18 years hahaha.. It's not the weather. It's the people. The government. THE CORN
DiO
QUOTE(X_ENVi3-_- @ Sep 3 2008, 03:49 PM) [snapback]1462746[/snapback]

So that's what girl with a stick is. I was thinking it was the home beta.

And THAT'S when you stole my beard!
Kamahl
QUOTE(Laurence Trevennor @ Sep 4 2008, 12:51 PM) [snapback]1462954[/snapback]

yeah, i was wondering what girl with a sick was, now that explains it

so, did you get invited for being one of the top players of the first resistance or what?
DiO
QUOTE(Kamahl @ Sep 4 2008, 03:10 PM) [snapback]1463000[/snapback]
QUOTE(Laurence Trevennor @ Sep 4 2008, 12:51 PM) [snapback]1462954[/snapback]

yeah, i was wondering what girl with a sick was, now that explains it

so, did you get invited for being one of the top players of the first resistance or what?

He was one of the top players? Lol, I didn't know Envie was a whore.
ENVi3
no, i barely made it to any leader boards. u can see my stats, theyre not too impressive.
i have no idea why i made it in. but all i can guess is that i signed up at myresistance.net and was sorta active on there, because the site does say "Everyone in the beta is from MyResistance.net or is a close friend of Insomniac Games. The ordering was supposed to reflect that, but Sony mixed the order up and so the invites are going out scattered."
in that case ALOT more people should be in it, but i don't know .... i guess the public beta would be the thing to look forward to, as opposed to waiting for the private beta invites to go out.
DuPz0r
I cant wait until the online story with loads of budlets bopping in co-op, that's gonna be the real shit.
HB~Sauce
One thing I hope is in the online is that you can have a couple of people over and could play team deathmatch or team objective (like in Halo 3 with the guest accounts)
Kamahl
wooooo

I was invited to the private beta today :D

downloading and gonna play tomorrow
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(Kamahl @ Sep 9 2008, 09:47 PM) [snapback]1463967[/snapback]
wooooo

I was invited to the private beta today biggrin.gif

downloading and gonna play tomorrow

Damn you, lucky McFinnigan.
?
Kamahl
not so lucky... i got it, downloaded it, but it doesnt work... this is what Insomniac says on the official forums:

Hey guys,

Due to the security on the servers, some of you have had issues finding or creating games. You're likely using the wrong PSN account (you must use the one we invited... which corresponds to the e-mail address we sent the invite to).

If you feel like you are still having an issue when you shouldn't be, please send me a PM with your PSN name, and the e-mail you received the invite from, and I'll check you against the list.

JS
ENVi3
that kinda sucks ..... it'll be resolved eventually.
if not there's always the public Beta smile.gif

the Private Beta ends Sept 15
Kamahl
it works now... :D what an amazing game, to be honest, i found the co-op better than the competitive mode, but that could be because i havent played a full game yet...

anyway, it sucks that it ends so soon
ENVi3
QUOTE(Kamahl @ Sep 13 2008, 03:49 PM) [snapback]1464712[/snapback]
i havent played a full game yet...

ironically the servers are usually full on weeknights .... a week or two back there was set times when people would agree to get on to try and fill a 60p match.
I've only seen like 40something and it's pretty great. I can't wait to see how much it can be improved =)
ENVi3
i just went to pick up my Open Beta Access code from Gamestop. smile.gif
they should be at every Gamestop by now, so if you have pre-ordered ... then you might as well go pick up the code to get in to the beta.
DiO
Shit, I gotta do that. And pre-order LBP as well.
ENVi3
the Open Beta has been out for a few days now.
the first thing to notice is the audio/visual improvements.
it's looking a lot more like the polished game, although there are a few things that could be fixed.
Kamahl
yep, the difference between private and open beta is noticeable, not just little stuff...

it feels more like a real game this time, the private one was a little bit poor.
TheAnalogKid2112
I don't like this beta. It's not that impressive. It's really hard to see who's shooting at you.
ENVi3
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Oct 19 2008, 06:29 PM) [snapback]1469159[/snapback]
I don't like this beta. It's not that impressive. It's really hard to see who's shooting at you.

yeah i know, and you generally die faster.
it might just be something to have to get used to =/
ENVi3
http://feedonps3.com/?p=2243
well, according to this (rumor), the beta might REALLY be a open beta.
but this isn't really news, there was beta applications on myresistance .... it's just that it's never really been announced when you get into the beta, and this is where the rumor adds info.
DiO
What comes with the "collectors edition?"
ENVi3
QUOTE(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resistance_2#Collector.27s_Edition)
The collector's edition, which will include a hardcover art book, special cover art, an in-game weapon skin, and an action figure of the game's alien-human hybrid race, the Chimera. Also included is a bonus Blu Ray disc with a behind-the-scenes featurette, a video detailing the game's alternate historical timeline, and a digital copy of issue #0 of the Resistance comic book from DC Comics subsidiary Wildstorm. This collector's edition is only for US residents.
DiO
Wut, us only. Fucking Balls.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(Distruckshun-OvardriEv @ Oct 24 2008, 10:42 AM) [snapback]1469629[/snapback]
Wut, us only. Fucking Balls.

Ha ha!
Ha ha!
ENVi3
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p...;postcount=8126

street day was broken, and this guy got the Collector's Edition.
aussie_b8ler
I don't usually think very highly of IGN..........but they just gave it a 9.5.

Not too shabby at all.

http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/924/924372p1.html
ENVi3
yeah, and i read and watched the Review.
I haven't played the game, but this seemed like a pretty good review.
Kamahl
to be honest, i want the single player more than the multiplayer,
ENVi3
Public Beta ends today, but the Game releases tomorrow !

it's a shame i have a Lab tomorrow, at school, so i stay longer than most days =/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.