Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does R* Care about this game
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA Portable
Korben
I am unsure they care about this game. They announced a couple of weeks ago that this game is coming to PS2 and they have not even bothered to update the official website yet.

I know a few people have really not thought much to this game, due to its unfinished look, and the fact that it was full of problems, that could have been fixed easily. I just think they want to get as much money for this, and forget it as soon as possible.

My only hope. They have the Leeds office who created this game working like crazy to get GTA4 looking amazing.
Qdeathstar
I like to think it's because they are trying to work on GTA4, but i think its more likely that ever since GTA:Vice City, the GTA series has been on a downward spiral. GTA:VCS being no exception.

Secondly, its Does, not do.
-spyder-
Well really I would want R* to work their hardest at creating GTA4 because I would'ent want it to be delayed just because they need to spend more time on updating there website and game, and anyway as far as we know the ps2 version will be the same as the psp version and if anybody needs to find information about the game they can look at the psp version
Korben
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Feb 20 2007, 08:09 PM) [snapback]1303559[/snapback]

Secondly, its Does, not do.

My bad. My Yorkshire accent slipping into my typing. You are right, it do, or I guess it does, or does it. tongue.gif
Tyla
QUOTE(-spyder- @ Feb 20 2007, 08:10 PM) [snapback]1303560[/snapback]

Well really I would want R* to work their hardest at creating GTA4 because I would'ent want it to be delayed just because they need to spend more time on updating there website and game, and anyway as far as we know the ps2 version will be the same as the psp version and if anybody needs to find information about the game they can look at the psp version

Surely they have seperate staff to update their websites? But i agree, i dont want a spin-off to VC to ruin GTAIV.
Kamahl
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Feb 20 2007, 03:09 PM) [snapback]1303559[/snapback]

I like to think it's because they are trying to work on GTA4

Its definately not that, Rockstar North is developing GTA 4 and Rockstar Leeds (I think) develops the handheld versions.
psychÝ
They are just trying to get money, it is far cheaper to use the same map and write a new storyline then create a who new map and storyline of course the second idea is better.
ßynch
QUOTE(Korben @ Feb 20 2007, 11:54 AM) [snapback]1303553[/snapback]
I am unsure they care about this game. They announced a couple of weeks ago that this game is coming to PS2 and they have not even bothered to update the official website yet.

I know a few people have really not thought much to this game, due to its unfinished look, and the fact that it was full of problems, that could have been fixed easily. I just think they want to get as much money for this, and forget it as soon as possible.
Sounds like a Consumer Report.

Updates come over time, by the way.
Some of us love to see this unfold, slowly.
Like any media; games, music releases, TV, films in production.

The company is creative. Creativity is always valuable, and yes, it is worth money.
Take Two Interactive is not in it for the gaming stats, that's for sure.

I will have no problem playing this game on PS2, actually looking forward to it,
as I looked forward to playing LCS, after GTAlll, when some fellow gamers looked down upon it.
I worked in Television Post-Production, and you want to know about money-hungry thieves.
Almost nothing on TV is creative, it is ALL about money.
The graphic artists and developers in the background are the only creative talent remaining in Television.
This goes for the BBC as well, I did a year in the UK for them, no different than Los Angeles.

QUOTE(Kamahl @ Feb 20 2007, 02:25 PM) [snapback]1303607[/snapback]
Rockstar North is developing GTA 4 and Rockstar Leeds (I think) develops the handheld versions.
Thank You. smile.gif

Korben
Sounds like a Consumer Report.

Updates come over time, by the way.
Some of us love to see this unfold, slowly.
Like any media; games, music releases, TV, films in production.

The company is creative. Creativity is always valuable, and yes, it is worth money.
Take Two Interactive is not in it for the gaming stats, that's for sure.

I will have no problem playing this game on PS2, actually looking forward to it,
as I looked forward to playing LCS, after GTAlll, when some fellow gamers looked down upon it.
I worked in Television Post-Production, and you want to know about money-hungry thieves.
Almost nothing on TV is creative, it is ALL about money.
The graphic artists and developers in the background are the only creative talent remaining in Television.
This goes for the BBC as well, I did a year in the UK for them, no different than Los Angeles.

Don't get me wrong, I am the same as you. I loved the way they promoted VCS on the PSP. The thing is, if you look at the LCS website the day they announced that was due for release on the PS2 the announced it on the LCS website. All my information so far has come from other sources, such as Playstations Website and not a single thing from R*.

Your right, Take Two Interactive is not in it for the stats, and I am glad about that, they do care about better things, and its nice to see a company rise above that.

I will buy this on the PS2 as well, even though I am a PSP owner and got VCS the day it came out on the PSP. In fact I am looking forward to getting it, but something is just not the right about R*'s attitude towards this game compared with all the other GTA's that have come out.
Pecnut
They've updated their site now, by the way.
Tyla
Goddammit Pec!

Cheers for the info, but im still disapointed in the site itself, they still have partial tracklistings, no new screens etc...
Charger
we have one week left some info has to be out this week.
HB~Sauce
Not really Charger, its an exact port of Vice City Stories for the PSP, but minus the multiplayer and custom tracks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.