Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Force Unleashed
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2
Darth Sexy
Anyone played the demo yet? It's free on XBL (and I assume it's free for PS3 online too). The demo is quite short, but the game seems pretty awesome. Lots of environmental shit to destroy, and dropping stormtroopers off ledges never gets old.
Harrop
QUOTE(Darth Sexy @ Sep 2 2008, 11:42 AM) [snapback]1462456[/snapback]
Anyone played the demo yet? It's free on XBL (and I assume it's free for PS3 online too). The demo is quite short, but the game seems pretty awesome. Lots of environmental shit to destroy, and dropping stormtroopers off ledges never gets old.

I've played it yeah, pre-ordered it aswell on Play.com, BUT it's only supposed to be 12 hours long!!! so that means I will prob do it in about 9-10, that's the only thing that is making me think to cancel my order and just rent it because I can't see there being any replay value in it, I think 'using the force' will get quite boring after finishing the game, don't you think???
FuddMan
and dropping stormtroopers off ledges never gets old.

It got old after five playthroughs though, and it looks like that's all you do in the game. I'm going to save my Ł40 for something a bit more varied.
GLC
QUOTE(Quim Boy @ Sep 2 2008, 11:48 AM) [snapback]1462457[/snapback]
I can't see there being any replay value in it

like grand theft auto IV,there are multiple endings. So one play-through you could choose to side with someone,the next against them,or whatever the different story choices are.
FuddMan
QUOTE(Cartoon Head @ Sep 2 2008, 12:58 PM) [snapback]1462470[/snapback]
QUOTE(Quim Boy @ Sep 2 2008, 11:48 AM) [snapback]1462457[/snapback]
I can't see there being any replay value in it

like grand theft auto IV,there are multiple endings. So one play-through you could choose to side with someone,the next against them,or whatever the different story choices are.

Multiple endings don't necessary add to replay value though. If all you're doing is throwing Storm Troopers around with the Force, it's going to get pretty boring after a while. GTA IV is different - there are plenty of things to do and many ways of going about doing them. In TFU I suspect you'll get bored half-way through the first run-through, finish it against your own will to get the achievements/Trophies that come with it, then read up the alternate endings on the internet to see if there's any point going through it again. Games with high replay value tend to be open-ended or free-roam (i.e. RPGs or GTA/Saints Row/other GTA wannabe).
PabloHoneyOle
I'm either renting/borrowing this or buying it off ebay for $20 in 3 months.

I can't imagine wanting to play through it a second time. It will be neat to check out the new game engine and physics, but with only 12 hours of play; this will likely make my list of "keeper" games.
shootthebandit
i like it. i think its very arcady (thats a good thing)

i also lold at the fact that you can bend pillars and the thai fighters crash into them.

the lightsaber could be used a bit more and the camera angles are wonky, especially when moving objects.

all in all its pretty good, i think lightsabers are customisable and theres a bit of RPG in there aswell coz u can level up. will definatley be fun especally if they have an interesting multiplayer or some nice arcade modes.
DiO
You do all realize you unlock more powers when you get farther in the game. Don't say "this is all you do" when you just played the fucking demo.
FuddMan
You don't unlock new powers, you upgrade your existing ones. There are only four 'powers' in the game - lightsabre, Force, lightning, and health (if that counts). But these upgrades fall in line as more powerful enemies appear so they don't make much difference.
shootthebandit
if its anything like Hulk/spiderman. all you do is blast through enemies and after storymode theres some top-notch arcadery but since its next-gen MP sounds interesting.
Indy
This game could have been so much better, still, I enjoyed every bit of the demo.
Darth Sexy
I'm not gonna make up my mind about the game based on the demo. 12 hours of gameplay does disappoint me, though. Then again, CoD4 didn't have any more. I enjoy Star Wars, so I should get some replay value, even if it's just for the different story elements.
ENVi3
i read magazine previews and it looked really good.
but then i played the demo and didn't like it at all, i was just bored throughout it.
oh well, I'm not a fan of Star Wars anyway.
Indy
I wish the game was sandbox, then I'd buy it, I guess i'm just askin for too much.
Pieface
QUOTE(IndĄ @ Sep 3 2008, 01:36 PM) [snapback]1462620[/snapback]
I wish the game was sandbox, then I'd buy it, I guess i'm just askin for too much.

YES YOU ARE mad.gif

Anyway I enjoyed the demo, and I enjoyed throwing Tie-Fighters (Not Thai shootthebandit sleep.gif ) at Strom-Troopers. Good Graphics but overall probably just a rent for me.
DiO
QUOTE(IndĄ @ Sep 3 2008, 07:36 AM) [snapback]1462620[/snapback]

Pretty soon EVERY game is going to be sandbox. rolleyes.gif
shootthebandit
QUOTE(Pieface @ Sep 3 2008, 05:03 PM) [snapback]1462656[/snapback]
QUOTE(IndĄ @ Sep 3 2008, 01:36 PM) [snapback]1462620[/snapback]

YES YOU ARE mad.gif

Anyway I enjoyed the demo, and I enjoyed throwing Tie-Fighters (Not Thai shootthebandit sleep.gif ) at Strom-Troopers. Good Graphics but overall probably just a rent for me.

i was refering to family guy blue harvest. Peter asks why they're called "tie" fighters and the pilot is a thai man. its only funny if youve seen it.

anyway looks like a good game. its hard to grab a tie-fighter.

i also think the camera perception is odd when moving objects but definatley fun. i love when storm-troopers hold on to each other

EDIT:

WOW i thought id never hear the words "free" and "XBL" used in the same sentence.

lol JK, im not a fanboy. im just messing with you.
Darth Sexy
QUOTE(IndĄ @ Sep 3 2008, 10:36 PM) [snapback]1462620[/snapback]

Sandbox would be pretty sweet.
GLC
I bought this game earlier today. Got through the first two missions. Was a bit annoying though:

every time someone from the forum logged on and saw i was playing it they wanted my opinion. I remember d-o, viceman and shootthebandit asking, i think there was another too =/
TwoFacedTanner
I played the demo and was sooooo unimpressed.
The Demo was sooooo boring. And before you say "Because it was a demo!" Dont. I've played plenty of Demos that convinced me to go out and buy the game because they were so damn fun.
I was told the story was awesome. Kah dur. Wasnt it based on a book?
[spoiler]
And even though there isnt a way he could have lived. I don't feel like playing through the game to have my character die at the end.[/spoiler]
Its what almost made me hate saints row.
DiO
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Sep 21 2008, 01:29 PM) [snapback]1465727[/snapback]
The Demo was sooooo boring. And before you say "Because it was a demo!" Dont. I've played plenty of Demos that convinced me to go out and buy the game because they were so damn fun.

And even though there isnt a way he could have lived. I don't feel like playing through the game to have my character die at the end.

Spoiler tags would be nice. That was a dick move.
asthenia
Don't worry TFT, the full game is fucking shit too. It's so linear, all sorts of button combinations like some fuckin 80's bullshit, not to mention the shitty animations. I could go on.

ps. I didn't waste my money on it, I played it at a friends, total Star Wars geek.
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(Laurence Trevennor @ Sep 21 2008, 04:08 PM) [snapback]1465735[/snapback]

And even though there isnt a way he could have lived. I don't feel like playing through the game to have my character die at the end.

Sorry man.
I figured everyone knew that 99% of the Jedi were killed off. Leaving only Obi Wan and Yoda.

QUOTE(Asthenia @ Sep 21 2008, 04:10 PM) [snapback]1465736[/snapback]
Don't worry TFT, the full game is fucking shit too. It's so linear, all sorts of button combinations like some fuckin 80's bullshit, not to mention the shitty animations. I could go on.

ps. I didn't waste my money on it, I played it at a friends, total Star Wars geek.

Yeah man, I didnt waste my money either.
And I could tell it was gonna be linear too...just the way it looked.
DiO
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Sep 21 2008, 06:58 PM) [snapback]1465749[/snapback]
QUOTE(Laurence Trevennor @ Sep 21 2008, 04:08 PM) [snapback]1465735[/snapback]

Sorry man.
I figured everyone knew that 99% of the Jedi were killed off. Leaving only Obi Wan and Yoda.

Well yah, But he was Darth Vader's "secret apprentice." Cant be certain. Though I am now. Im going to rent this game for the story alone.

PS; I take back dick move. To harsh.
Harrop
I didn't end up buying this but rented instead and I'm glad I did as I finished it in about 7 hours or something, still got the game until Friday so I will probably complete it again just to try and get some more achievements.
Handsome B Wonderful
^Yeah, i finished it in just over 6 hours. Still, there's the alternate ending/s to unlock, and it's cool having your full powah at the start of the game. I'm kinda pissed that the 360 version didn't have the jedi temple level. Kinda real pissed.

TFT, quite a few Jedi survived beyond Order 66, hence why Starkiller is sent to help find the jedi in this very game. Yoda and Obi-wan are the last known jedi from A New Hope onwards, not from the end of this game. [spoiler]So it could have been likely that Starkiller survived, at least for another sequel to this. Although, General Kota and Maris Brood still live, so they could be the main characters in the sequel (if there is one). lol, a blind main character. That would be rofltastic.[/spoiler]

btw, although it's not true canon, as only what Mr Beardy mentions counts, in the expanded universe, the jedi A'Sharad Hett (aka Darth Krayt in SW: Legacy) survived beyond Order 66 and the death of the Emperor. I can't recall if there were any other jedi still left (help me, Darth Sexy), but there you go. scooter.gif
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(Handsome B. Wonderful @ Sep 23 2008, 12:13 AM) [snapback]1465890[/snapback]
^Yeah, i finished it in just over 6 hours. Still, there's the alternate ending/s to unlock, and it's cool having your full powah at the start of the game. I'm kinda pissed that the 360 version didn't have the jedi temple level. Kinda real pissed.

TFT, quite a few Jedi survived beyond Order 66, hence why Starkiller is sent to help find the jedi in this very game. Yoda and Obi-wan are the last known jedi from A New Hope onwards, not from the end of this game. [spoiler]So it could have been likely that Starkiller survived, at least for another sequel to this. Although, General Kota and Maris Brood still live, so they could be the main characters in the sequel (if there is one). lol, a blind main character. That would be rofltastic.[/spoiler]

btw, although it's not true canon, as only what Mr Beardy mentions counts, in the expanded universe, the jedi A'Sharad Hett (aka Darth Krayt in SW: Legacy) survived beyond Order 66 and the death of the Emperor. I can't recall if there were any other jedi still left (help me, Darth Sexy), but there you go. scooter.gif

Well damn, I need to brush up on my SW lore.
Haha you made me look like an Asshat.
Darth Sexy
QUOTE(Handsome B. Wonderful @ Sep 23 2008, 03:13 PM) [snapback]1465890[/snapback]

Ermmm, a fair few survived Order 66, but a lot were then killed during the Great Purge.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Order_66#Known_survivors
Most of them died in the end, though. Quinlan Vos is the only one I can think of who is assumed to have survived on Kashyyyk.

6 hours of gameplay sounds pretty lame, but I'm getting it for my birthday, so it's not like I'll have paid for it.
Indy
Fuck, i'm gonna have to watch all the Star Wars again loll.
DiO
QUOTE(Handsome B. Wonderful @ Sep 23 2008, 01:13 AM) [snapback]1465890[/snapback]

QUOTE(Darth Sexy @ Sep 23 2008, 02:51 AM) [snapback]1465899[/snapback]
QUOTE(Handsome B. Wonderful @ Sep 23 2008, 03:13 PM) [snapback]1465890[/snapback]

Ermmm, a fair few survived Order 66, but a lot were then killed during the Great Purge.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Order_66#Known_survivors
Most of them died in the end, though. Quinlan Vos is the only one I can think of who is assumed to have survived on Kashyyyk.

6 hours of gameplay sounds pretty lame, but I'm getting it for my birthday, so it's not like I'll have paid for it.

/\ DORKS!!!!
Handsome B Wonderful
You ain't seen nothing, Mr D-O sir. Wait til the KOTOR MMO comes out. MMO fans + Star Wars = Nuclear Dorkage.

QUOTE(Darth Sexy @ Sep 23 2008, 04:51 PM) [snapback]1465899[/snapback]

Ermmm, a fair few survived Order 66, but a lot were then killed during the Great Purge. Most of them died in the end, though. Quinlan Vos is the only one I can think of who is assumed to have survived on Kashyyyk.

Yeah, i was just asking you if you could remember if any pre-purge jedi were still alive after the Battle of Endor. Hett was the only jedi i could think of who was still alive then, although i think he turned to the dark side before the emperor and Vader carked it, so he might not count (his article is unclear on whether XoXaan taught him before or after they died. And stuffed if i can find the actually Legacy comics to find out). There's also Empatojayos Brand, Yaddle's padawan (he got pwned saving Anakin Solo from clone Sidious' spirit. lol, wtf?). I know some of the dark jedi in the dark knight games were jedi once (Jerec, and a few others), but they gave up the jedi teachings, so they don't count. Anyway, i've got a spare hour right now, so i'm gonna go look for more info.

I hope Vos survived Kashyyk. Well, why else would they have cut his death scene (Shaak Ti's, too) from ROTS? I hope he didn't die, as he is one of the more awesome jedi from the pre purge era. Dreadlocks, mon!

btw, for those who care, Vader had another secret apprentice after Starkiller. Tao appeared in a Japanese manga comic based around the battle of Shumari. Vader killed all the jedi on the planet bar him. Cue training blah blah blah. The storyline makes Vader look like an even bigger wimp in my opinion. Monument schmunument. I doubt anyone will count it as canon. Hopefully.

Also, it appears there will be a sequel to this game. Hopefully it will tie up a lot of the loose ends in this. And be slightly (well, a lot) longer and better. I really don't care what Star Wars games come out, as long as the KOTOR II restoration project is completed. HK-47 and the HK-50s (or HK-51s. I'm not sure which model will appear in the final version) killing GO-TO is worth the price of readmission alone.
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(Handsome B. Wonderful @ Sep 23 2008, 08:20 PM) [snapback]1466007[/snapback]
You ain't seen nothing, Mr D-O sir. Wait til the KOTOR MMO comes out. MMO fans + Star Wars = Nuclear Dorkage.

Aw son, I just pitched a tent with that. I forgot all about that coming out. I read something on IGN about what should be in it, but...damn, I forgot about that.
Darth Sexy
QUOTE(Handsome B. Wonderful @ Sep 24 2008, 11:20 AM) [snapback]1466007[/snapback]

QUOTE(Darth Sexy @ Sep 23 2008, 04:51 PM) [snapback]1465899[/snapback]

Ermmm, a fair few survived Order 66, but a lot were then killed during the Great Purge. Most of them died in the end, though. Quinlan Vos is the only one I can think of who is assumed to have survived on Kashyyyk.

Yeah, i was just asking you if you could remember if any pre-purge jedi were still alive after the Battle of Endor. Hett was the only jedi i could think of who was still alive then, although i think he turned to the dark side before the emperor and Vader carked it, so he might not count (his article is unclear on whether XoXaan taught him before or after they died. And stuffed if i can find the actually Legacy comics to find out). There's also Empatojayos Brand, Yaddle's padawan (he got pwned saving Anakin Solo from clone Sidious' spirit. lol, wtf?). I know some of the dark jedi in the dark knight games were jedi once (Jerec, and a few others), but they gave up the jedi teachings, so they don't count. Anyway, i've got a spare hour right now, so i'm gonna go look for more info.

I hope Vos survived Kashyyk. Well, why else would they have cut his death scene (Shaak Ti's, too) from ROTS? I hope he didn't die, as he is one of the more awesome jedi from the pre purge era. Dreadlocks, mon!

btw, for those who care, Vader had another secret apprentice after Starkiller. Tao appeared in a Japanese manga comic based around the battle of Shumari. Vader killed all the jedi on the planet bar him. Cue training blah blah blah. The storyline makes Vader look like an even bigger wimp in my opinion. Monument schmunument. I doubt anyone will count it as canon. Hopefully.

Also, it appears there will be a sequel to this game. Hopefully it will tie up a lot of the loose ends in this. And be slightly (well, a lot) longer and better. I really don't care what Star Wars games come out, as long as the KOTOR II restoration project is completed. HK-47 and the HK-50s (or HK-51s. I'm not sure which model will appear in the final version) killing GO-TO is worth the price of readmission alone.

TSL restoration and KoToR III will make me ejaculate everywhere. I'm fairly certain Vos and his family survive, as the slaying of a Jedi and his family would be worth writing about. Also, since when has owning a Star Wars shirt made you a dork?
DiO
Is that KoToR only for PC? Because I had heard that it was one of the best games of all tiEM. I doubt my PC will run it.
Darth Sexy
KoToR runs on my pc, and it's a piece of shit. I think you should be safe, but it's also available on xbox. I assume KoToR III will be on 360 and PC, but my PC won't run it. Looking at the KoToR specs you need a Pentium III, a 1 Ghz processor and 128 mb of RAM.
PabloHoneyOle
Nerds.
Harrop
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Sep 24 2008, 04:11 PM) [snapback]1466079[/snapback]
Nerds.

STAR WARS sucks ass!!!
GLC
QUOTE(Quim Boy @ Sep 24 2008, 05:05 PM) [snapback]1466089[/snapback]
STAR WARS sucks ass!!!

Your posts seem to grow in intelligence as each day passes...
Indy
excuse the noobness, but there are star wars comics? I thought it was only the movies.
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(IndĄ @ Sep 24 2008, 11:59 AM) [snapback]1466108[/snapback]
excuse the noobness, but there are star wars comics? I thought it was only the movies.

The Extended Universe is far bigger than you can imagine...
1UP
Blah I played this game and I must say its a shit game (in the bad way). It deserves the low scores it got from reviews. A sub par game with a gimmick and riding the coat tales of a popular franchise.
DiO
QUOTE(1UP @ Sep 24 2008, 02:27 PM) [snapback]1466120[/snapback]
Blah I played this game and I must say its a shit game (in the bad way). It deserves the low scores it got from reviews. A sub par game with a gimmick and riding the coat tales of a popular franchise.

But teh stery wuzzn't a let down...wuzz it?
1UP
QUOTE(Hwisky @ Sep 24 2008, 04:21 PM) [snapback]1466145[/snapback]

I didn't get to see the whole story given the game was so boring I stopped playing. Far as I can tell its a story that's been done many times. The only difference in this, is that its star wars (Even then some aspects feel like same old). I am sure most crazed star wars fans probably wouldn't hear it an come up with some ridicules reason why it is a great game. I really just hate the game tho, not the story.
Handsome B Wonderful
QUOTE(1UP @ Sep 25 2008, 10:28 AM) [snapback]1466170[/snapback]

I didn't get to see the whole story given the game was so boring I stopped playing. Far as I can tell its a story that's been done many times. The only difference in this, is that its star wars (Even then some aspects feel like same old). I am sure most crazed star wars fans probably wouldn't hear it an come up with some ridicules reason why it is a great game. I really just hate the game tho, not the story.

Yeah, if it wasn't related to Star Wars, i would have thought very poorly of this game, and even then, the story was too fragmented and vague. I'm getting the book and selling the game.

Really, TFU is Star Wars for the masses. No substance. Everyone, if you don't have KOTOR or KOTOR:TSL, like Sexy said, get them now!
Darth Sexy
QUOTE(Handsome B. Wonderful @ Sep 25 2008, 03:52 PM) [snapback]1466189[/snapback]

Yeah, if it wasn't related to Star Wars, i would have thought very poorly of this game, and even then, the story was too fragmented and vague. I'm getting the book and selling the game.

Really, TFU is Star Wars for the masses. No substance. Everyone, if you don't have KOTOR or KOTOR:TSL, like Sexy said, get them now!

Wow, way to kill any anticipation I had for it sad.gif KoToR is still the best Star Wars game, and the best Star Wars story since the original trilogy.
Handsome B Wonderful
QUOTE(Darth Sexy @ Sep 25 2008, 07:14 PM) [snapback]1466196[/snapback]
QUOTE(Handsome B. Wonderful @ Sep 25 2008, 03:52 PM) [snapback]1466189[/snapback]

Wow, way to kill any anticipation I had for it sad.gif KoToR is still the best Star Wars game, and the best Star Wars story since the original trilogy.

It's still enjoyable in places, much like the game for Revenge Of The Sith (which i actually like as much as this). And i'm yet to try out some of the cheats, which could make it more interesting. This game certainly isn't Obi-Wan or Super Bombad Racing, but those games didn't come with the hype. If Lucas Arts had promoted the game for what it is (glam 3D platformer/beat-em-up with slightly useless force powers), people wouldn't have been so disappointed. TBH, i thought this game would be more like Jedi Outcast, which did lightsabers and (most) force powers much better imo.

Also, the levels with the sith ghost Darth Phobos (and the other one) at the jedi council were left out of the XBOX 360 and PS3 versions. Fuck that.

Actually, has anyone played the Wii version of this?
Darth Sexy
QUOTE(Handsome B. Wonderful @ Sep 25 2008, 08:12 PM) [snapback]1466199[/snapback]
QUOTE(Darth Sexy @ Sep 25 2008, 07:14 PM) [snapback]1466196[/snapback]

It's still enjoyable in places, much like the game for Revenge Of The Sith (which i actually like as much as this). And i'm yet to try out some of the cheats, which could make it more interesting. This game certainly isn't Obi-Wan or Super Bombad Racing, but those games didn't come with the hype. If Lucas Arts had promoted the game for what it is (glam 3D platformer/beat-em-up with slightly useless force powers), people wouldn't have been so disappointed. TBH, i thought this game would be more like Jedi Outcast, which did lightsabers and (most) force powers much better imo.

Also, the levels with the sith ghost Darth Phobos (and the other one) at the jedi council were left out of the XBOX 360 and PS3 versions. Fuck that.

Actually, has anyone played the Wii version of this?

I have a Wii, but I'm going for the 360 version due to the better physics. If the game kicked arse I'd have consider picking it up cheap for the Wii just to use the motion sensor shit and the extra levels, but it doesn't sound like I'll be doing that after all.
DiO
QUOTE(1UP @ Sep 24 2008, 08:28 PM) [snapback]1466170[/snapback]

Mabe I'll just pass on it then. Seeing how I haven't rented a gaEm in years. I just buy the good ones and they keep me busy.
Darth Sexy
I finally got it. I've only done 2 levels, but it's quite fun. It is kinda lame how the levels are huge, but you have a limited set path. It'd be better if the levels were more open ended.
Handsome B Wonderful
Yeah, tis a shame. I was hoping the levels would be similar to Battlefront in scale. Less size, but more going on.

After finishing the game twice, and unlocking all costumes and lightsaber crystals, i can say that i'm having a lot more fun now than when i first played. I think the story (well, the game's version) is the low part of the game now.

btw Sexy, there are quite hilarious debates at gamefaqs (don't go there yet, it's full of spoilers) such as 'who is is stronger: Luke Skywaler or Starkiller'. It's even worse than it sounds. Their knowledge of Star Wars is questionable at best. For example 'Luke only trained for a couple of weeks and he was strong enough to beat Vader in a few hits'. If there was a way to e-noob slap these people, i'd very much like to see it. Oh, and i'm not a member of the gamefaqs forum, so no one start laughing at me. I just go there to lol at these people.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.