Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: my idea 4 MMORPG
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Geek Central
shootthebandit
i didnt know which section but it sounds geeky, so geek central it is.

imagine age of empires but only being 1 guy. after making you guy, you choose a kingdom. each kingdom is governed by the players themselves. every month there will be massive battles between kingdoms. you can use dragons, boats, artillery and horses. the battle is over once all major buildings are destroyed.

it will rely on 100% tactics, even down to the political system (left or right wing).

what do you think?
psychÝ
No, as it would end up with some 12 year old in control screaming down the mic.
Severus Snape
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Sep 1 2008, 05:24 PM) [snapback]1462400[/snapback]

imagine age of empires but only being 1 guy. after making you guy, you choose a kingdom. each kingdom is governed by the players themselves. every month there will be massive battles between kingdoms. you can use dragons, boats, artillery and horses. the battle is over once all major buildings are destroyed.

it will rely on 100% tactics, even down to the political system (left or right wing).

what do you think?

And exactly which game programmer are you going to get to build this (potentially) massive game?
FuddMan
QUOTE(Boom Stick @ Sep 2 2008, 12:47 PM) [snapback]1462466[/snapback]
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Sep 1 2008, 05:24 PM) [snapback]1462400[/snapback]

what do you think?

And exactly which game programmer are you going to get to build this (potentially) massive game?

It's just an idea, I don't think that's a question that needs to be answered.

I like the idea actually. In many ways it would be like Cyber Nations, only as a 3D game rather than text-based.
shootthebandit
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Sep 2 2008, 05:46 AM) [snapback]1462443[/snapback]

not nessesarily.
if the dev appointed someone to be incharge of a kingdom. elections could take place and members of the kingdom would vote for the leader who they beliieve is best. to aviod this problem even more, each kingdom could have their own constitution and different laws (which result in a ban, if broken).

there is so many possibilities. its basically like clans only on a massive scale. you could even have a clan amongst the kingdom itself.

i was also thinking of using traps such as boiling oil on castles. it would be good if your name doesnt appear above your head, so that you can hide, then ambush.

jobs would be cool aswell, such as hunting, building, blacksmith, artillery/catapult maker and many more. you could trade amongst the kingdom or if the kingdom is communist, the money will be shared evenly (either way its a benefit for the community).
perhaps 2 kingdoms have an allegence, so if there was 6 kingdoms then there would be 3 teams.

i might pitch my idea to a popular game dev. but i dunno which one yet?

Severus Snape
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Sep 2 2008, 06:50 AM) [snapback]1462468[/snapback]
QUOTE(Boom Stick @ Sep 2 2008, 12:47 PM) [snapback]1462466[/snapback]

It's just an idea, I don't think that's a question that needs to be answered.

I like the idea actually. In many ways it would be like Cyber Nations, only as a 3D game rather than text-based.

It wasn't meant to be answered - it's sarcastic. The idea sounds way too big for one person to do on their own.

QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Sep 2 2008, 11:22 AM) [snapback]1462499[/snapback]
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Sep 2 2008, 05:46 AM) [snapback]1462443[/snapback]

not nessesarily.
if the dev appointed someone to be incharge of a kingdom. elections could take place and members of the kingdom would vote for the leader who they beliieve is best. to aviod this problem even more, each kingdom could have their own constitution and different laws (which result in a ban, if broken).

there is so many possibilities. its basically like clans only on a massive scale. you could even have a clan amongst the kingdom itself.

i was also thinking of using traps such as boiling oil on castles. it would be good if your name doesnt appear above your head, so that you can hide, then ambush.

jobs would be cool aswell, such as hunting, building, blacksmith, artillery/catapult maker and many more. you could trade amongst the kingdom or if the kingdom is communist, the money will be shared evenly (either way its a benefit for the community).
perhaps 2 kingdoms have an allegence, so if there was 6 kingdoms then there would be 3 teams.

i might pitch my idea to a popular game dev. but i dunno which one yet?

This sounds like a rather large project. But some questions:

1. So, are the rulers of the kingdom appointed by the developer? Or does everyone have an equal chance to be elected?
2. This sounds like WOW, only with kingdoms and rulers. Is this what you are aiming for?
shootthebandit
1. anyone can be elected as long as they have registered a party (which contains some high ranking players) and abide by the constitution. but orginally the ruler will be appointed, until theres enough 'suitable' candidates.

2. i was playing AoE and i thought 'image each person had freedom'. then it hit me, every person is player controlled. the idea grew on me and it actually sounded pretty impressive. as it would encourage team-work, tactics and commradary. it would also create rivalries.
asthenia
Give it a year and new players would have no chance.

Heck, give it a week and new players would have no chance.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.