Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GTA movie
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Multiplayer Discussion
shootthebandit
i would like to make a short movie in MP on GTA. the story centres around our hero who is chased around LC by a group of assassins. there will be a final scene in which the hero is chased to the broken bridge by a helicopter, the helicopter stays level, with its side facing the hero. the gunner (in chopper) takes a few shots, causing the car to catch fire. the hero hits the ramp and takes out the gunner he then hits the rotor causing the chopper to crash.

i would like (serious)people to take part.
ViceMan
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Aug 31 2008, 11:06 PM) [snapback]1462197[/snapback]
i would like to make a short movie in MP on GTA. the story centres around our hero who is chased around LC by a group of assassins. there will be a final scene in which the hero is chased to the broken bridge by a helicopter, the helicopter stays level, with its side facing the hero. the gunner (in chopper) takes a few shots, causing the car to catch fire. the hero hits the ramp and takes out the gunner he then hits the rotor causing the chopper to crash.

That'd be bloody near impossible to synchronise and pull off correctly. I don't really think I have the patience or desire to participate, but i'd like to see the finished result. Sounds pretty action-packed.
HongKongPhooey
i think im a good driver, i fly ok too but your gonna need that pilot to help pull that one work
shootthebandit
QUOTE(HongKongPhooey @ Sep 1 2008, 01:27 AM) [snapback]1462220[/snapback]
i think im a good driver, i fly ok too but your gonna need that pilot to help pull that one work

ill probably need 4-5 good drivers, an amazing pilot, a gunner and a few people with methods of filming. ill use a map and paint-shop to show what i want to happen, ill edit 2 moro.

it may take a multiple takes but it seems possible
GLC
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Aug 31 2008, 10:06 PM) [snapback]1462197[/snapback]

you have my interest..... unsure.gif
istealkegs
QUOTE(Cartoon Head @ Sep 2 2008, 04:30 AM) [snapback]1462450[/snapback]
you have my interest..... unsure.gif

ditto... im interested... and I consider myself a fairly good driver... although I tend to focus my driving on bikes... but I also don't know if I am what you would call, "reliable"... I might say I am in, but when it comes down to it, I might not show...
bOnEs
sounds like a good time biggrin.gif... i would say that i am interested too...
shootthebandit
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Sep 3 2008, 05:57 PM) [snapback]1462673[/snapback]
sounds like a good time biggrin.gif... i would say that i am interested too...

good to see weve got interest. ill scout around on SP and make a route on the snapmap

ill need to come up with the sequences and ill need to give people roles.

if theres alot of interst, i may need to hold auditions and once weve got everyone well have a few rehearsals
PabloHoneyOle
I'll contact my agent and see if I'm available for this project. My manager read your script and said it was fantastic. Explosive action, steamy romance, spills and thrills that will delight audiences across the world. I see myself as Humberto, the ethnic landlord/plumber/assassin whom to the hero owes last months rent, plus interest. He is driven by greed, the horrific memories of his wife's murder and an unheathly dedication to prompt payment on his tenant's lease agreements.

GLC
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Sep 3 2008, 07:11 PM) [snapback]1462714[/snapback]
I'll contact my agent and see if I'm available for this project. My manager read your script and said it was fantastic. Explosive action, steamy romance, spills and thrills that will delight audiences across the world. I see myself as Humberto, the ethnic landlord/plumber/assassin whom to the hero owes last months rent, plus interest. He is driven by greed, the horrific memories of his wife's murder and an unheathly dedication to prompt payment on his tenant's lease agreements.

notworthy.gif
shootthebandit
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Sep 3 2008, 08:11 PM) [snapback]1462714[/snapback]

ROFL,
no need to take te piss. i was mearly refering to rehearsals as a method of seeing if someone is a good enough driver/pilot

and as for rehearsals, i was just refering to practicing the roles

Mr.Stoic, you are a sarcastic bastard. thats why we love(not in a gay way) you.

anyhoo, ive came up with a route Click to view attachment

you start off at pegarinos house. you drive over to second island, were there is road-blocks (flatbeds with a guy shooting). these will direct you around middle-park and onto the free-way. once on the freeway, you reach the bridge and you tke down the helicopter.

bearing in mind that during the whole thing there are 3 cars and a helicopter chasing.

PabloHoneyOle
I've joined into Free Modes where people were acting out shit with their friends.

One thing I've learned is they always have a tough time coordinating all the participants, especially with some rogue asshole firing RPG's or dive bombing in helicopters.

I wish you luck in getting this done, I would like to see it should it ever materialize.
shootthebandit
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Sep 3 2008, 09:51 PM) [snapback]1462749[/snapback]
I've joined into Free Modes where people were acting out shit with their friends.

One thing I've learned is they always have a tough time coordinating all the participants, especially with some rogue asshole firing RPG's or dive bombing in helicopters.

I wish you luck in getting this done, I would like to see it should it ever materialize.

thats why you set up private matches

i would need to get someone who has a method of filming. then itll go on youtube and hopefully the front page.

a list of people ill need:
1. hero
2. 3-5 chase cars
3. 5 roadblockers
4. pilot (very skilled)
5. gunner
6. filming people (it is recommended that you have a method of filming *high-res* especially if you the hero)

if your interested PM me or drop me a line via PSN
GLC
i'll be roadblocker. Sounds easy ph34r.gif
angeal18
QUOTE(Cartoon Head @ Sep 3 2008, 09:16 PM) [snapback]1462757[/snapback]
i'll be roadblocker. Sounds easy ph34r.gif

i want to be one too
bOnEs
i'd love to be one of the chase cars but, i don't want to take the spot of someone that might be better than me (thats what tryouts are for i guess)... but, i do love to drive and i drive well, if i have the right vehicles... i'm pretty good at chasing people online (unlike today so far, when i had a huge ass glare on the TV because, i left my damn windows open!!)

i'd be a roadblock as well if i can't be a chaser... are any of the chasers gonna be taken out at the roadblocks or, chase ya until the end?? and you might wanna get started soon because, once it's out on PC, you'll see videos like this all over the place laugh.gif...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Sep 3 2008, 05:08 PM) [snapback]1462756[/snapback]
i would need to get someone who has a method of filming. then itll go on youtube and hopefully the front page.

a list of people ill need:
1. hero
2. 3-5 chase cars
3. 5 roadblockers
4. pilot (very skilled)
5. gunner
6. filming people (it is recommended that you have a method of filming *high-res* especially if you the hero)

I thought that you would have an available method of filming if you wanted to make a film. That's a pretty big necessity; I only know 1 or 2 people who have capture cards, and some kid filming his TV is going to look shitty.

How is this all going to be edited together? Are people going to upload their collective clips to you and then you'll make the master mix with all your AV equipment? You've got a long way to go if you want to make the Youtube front page.

Not trying to be an asshole, it just seems like this is a lot of planning work for something that I wouldn't bet on to actually come to be.

I don't see Humberto the Landlord Assassin on your list, either.
shootthebandit
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Sep 3 2008, 11:28 PM) [snapback]1462786[/snapback]
i'd love to be one of the chase cars but, i don't want to take the spot of someone that might be better than me (thats what tryouts are for i guess)... but, i do love to drive and i drive well, if i have the right vehicles... i'm pretty good at chasing people online (unlike today so far, when i had a huge ass glare on the TV because, i left my damn windows open!!)

i'd be a roadblock as well if i can't be a chaser... are any of the chasers gonna be taken out at the roadblocks or, chase ya until the end?? and you might wanna get started soon because, once it's out on PC, you'll see videos like this all over the place laugh.gif...

a few chase car will be destroyed and the remaining 2 will drown at the bridge jump. the roadblocks are purely to divrt the hero, he will take-out them aswell

@ stoic: this is just an idea that i wanted to see, i was just wondering if anyone could make it a reality

the whole thing seems possible. a few complex driving manouvers (J-turns etc) are easy but look cool and holding the helicopter level is hard but possible.

the main problem is getting the right balance between chasing the hero (and firing a few shots) but not killing him. thats fairly easily solved with a bit of practice

so yes the main problem is finding people who can actually film it (not me). there must be lots of people who can film, ive seen a plenty of vids. im sure if i collected all the different clips you could put them together using 'MS movie maker' it would still look very impressive.

as of now its just an idea and if youve got any ideas plz tell me

PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Sep 4 2008, 03:45 PM) [snapback]1462992[/snapback]
the main problem is getting the right balance between chasing the hero (and firing a few shots) but not killing him. thats fairly easily solved with a bit of practice

Just turn off Friendly Fire.

I want you to know I am 100% in support of this, I just wish I had a PS3 to help out.
shootthebandit
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Sep 4 2008, 09:02 PM) [snapback]1462998[/snapback]

I want you to know I am 100% in support of this, I just wish I had a PS3 to help out.

itll still damage the vehicle (or will it?)

good to see ive got your support. if (and when) its finished you'll be the first to see it.
angeal18
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Sep 4 2008, 08:28 PM) [snapback]1463005[/snapback]

good to see ive got your support. if (and when) its finished you'll be the first to see it.

when are you gonna start auditions
shootthebandit
QUOTE(angeal 18 @ Sep 5 2008, 02:14 PM) [snapback]1463090[/snapback]

dunno, im busy at the moment. hopefully soon.

add me to PSN if you want to participate
angeal18
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Sep 5 2008, 04:41 PM) [snapback]1463138[/snapback]

add me
GLC
QUOTE(angeal 18 @ Sep 5 2008, 06:29 PM) [snapback]1463164[/snapback]
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Sep 5 2008, 04:41 PM) [snapback]1463138[/snapback]

add me

too hard for you to add him yourself?
bOnEs
that's what i was gonna say laugh.gif... bandit asked you first there angel...

plus, it's his project... if your interested, add em... i'll add you sometime this weekend bandit, since i am interested biggrin.gif...
angeal18
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Sep 5 2008, 07:48 PM) [snapback]1463174[/snapback]
that's what i was gonna say laugh.gif... bandit asked you first there angel...

plus, it's his project... if your interested, add em... i'll add you sometime this weekend bandit, since i am interested biggrin.gif...

he didn't add me
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.