Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What I want from the DLC or GTA5
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Downloadable Content / Next GTA Discussion
FuddMan
Some of these would only work in GTA4 as part of the DLC pack, others would only work in a whole new game, but I think they'd all help to enhance the GTA experience. What do you think?

Bring back the fun weapons

We all remember the minigun, flamethrower, stinger missile launcher, etc, from the previous games. How nice would it be to have them in GTA IV as well? If only to wreck havoc in multiplayer at least.

Bring back the tanks and the military

Everyone steamrolled around LC/VC/SA in a Rhino at some stage, and no one said it sucked. Bring it back Rockstar, please.

Sandbox multiplayer

Essentially an expansion of Free Mode to include features like:
- vehicle spawning menu
- suicide option
- choose where you spawn
- object spawning (particularly things you can use as ramps, or anything that explodes)

Not only would this mean you'd get stuck in the middle of nowhere with no way of getting out (e.g. if your chopper crashes in the sea, or if you spawn in an area with no cars) you could also set up stunts and stuff so much easier...

Use previously unused areas

There are quite a few areas of LC that are almost totally unused in GTA IV - the promenade on the east side of Algonquin, the junkyard toward the north, and the small inlet in south Alderney. Even Middle Park wasn't used that much. The DLC should really make more use of these areas.

Interactive internet

I'd like to see 'flash' games on the in-game internet, with global highscore leaderboards, etc. Basically like the XBL Arcade or whatever the PSN equivalent is, but in GTA.

It'd also make sense to include the Social Club somewhere.

Friend activities in multiplayer - pool, darts, bowling, drinking

I don't understand why we can do all of these things in singleplayer with an NPC just so we can unlock 'special' abilities/get them into bed, but we can't do them with our real mates in multiplayer. How cool would it be to get 16 players in Steinway Beer Garden, and then have them all emerge drunk and falling all over the place? Or get a group of people to fill up one of the bowling alleys and have a competition there. It seems wasteful having these activities in the game but not being able to make the most out of them in multiplayer.

Choosing car colour at Pay 'N' Spray

Yeah, I was against this before, but now I've changed my mind. I don't like having to keep going in and out of a Pay 'N' Spray 20 times to get my Sultan RS the right colour. Nor do I like having to lose my colour when I want to repair my car. When you go into a Pay 'N' Spray, you should get a colour palette like you did at Transfender in San Andreas and you should be able to make your car look more unique. It'd also be cool in multiplayer so you don't end up all having red/yellow/black Turismos, for example.

If Rockstar doesn't want to change how the Pay 'N' Sprays work, how about opening up either Brucie's or Stevie's garages (or both) and let it be done there? When you go inside there's paint all over the floor so it wouldn't look out of place. It would make far more sense, in fact, to have these tuning garages and actually being able to use them. Right now the only use for them is for delivering cars, which gets a little tedious after a while...

---

Well, that's about it for now. Has anyone got anything else to add, or think any of these would be bad ideas?
Mr.Zipper
Well hey, DuffMan think of it this way. Multiplayer! If they add a minigun into the game, all I'm going to say is multiplayer might be ruined by dumb noobs who do nothing but kill in freeroam, and crap. But I like your idea with bringing back the army.

I do personaly wish for more clothes, and a N.O.O.S.E. outfit.
Zen
Yeah, sounds good but I doubt that they'll add such fundamental items in as DLC...new game, definitely, and I hope they add them.

In the DLC I would like more clothing, I don't know why exactly but I'd just prefer having a broader range of clothes for Niko to wear.
FuddMan
Yeah, but I was hoping new clothing would be a given. The current range is too limited, and most of it looks like shit anyway. I want to see more leather jackets in particular. There are only 3 at the moment - the default brown one, the Albanian biker one (which looks weird on Niko) and the black one from GTAIII that you can get from Playboy's apartment (which looks even worse). New suits would be cool too... and sunglasses...
Seeen
-I think the clothing interface at your safehouse should actually tell you what outfit you're wearing and what store it came from, like in San Andreas.

-A few more melee weapons

-An MP3 player

-The internet game idea is awesome, I mean "Titty Flash Player" already sounds like something Rockstar would have called it anyway. Plus, QUB3D is old now.

-SUPER-agree about the single player friends activities being online. All of them.
asthenia
Regarding car colours...

I totally agree. I've taken up using cheats now for stuff like that. Cause I know I won't get the colour again in fucking forever, so I just click the health cheat and badabing, nice new body, same colour.
istealkegs
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Aug 31 2008, 07:50 AM) [snapback]1462105[/snapback]
Bring back the fun weapons

We all remember the minigun, flamethrower, stinger missile launcher, etc, from the previous games. How nice would it be to have them in GTA IV as well? If only to wreck havoc in multiplayer at least.

ah yes... the hardware store in VC.

Bring back the tanks and the military

Everyone steamrolled around LC/VC/SA in a Rhino at some stage, and no one said it sucked. Bring it back Rockstar, please.

I had a flawless system for stealing tanks without cheating in VC... I literally had all the garages at the Auto Dealership each with 2 tanks in them at all times. I used to OWN Vice City.

Yeah, I was against this before, but now I've changed my mind. I don't like having to keep going in and out of a Pay 'N' Spray 20 times to get my Sultan RS the right colour. Nor do I like having to lose my colour when I want to repair my car. When you go into a Pay 'N' Spray, you should get a colour palette like you did at Transfender in San Andreas and you should be able to make your car look more unique. It'd also be cool in multiplayer so you don't end up all having red/yellow/black Turismos, for example.

If Rockstar doesn't want to change how the Pay 'N' Sprays work, how about opening up either Brucie's or Stevie's garages (or both) and let it be done there? When you go inside there's paint all over the floor so it wouldn't look out of place. It would make far more sense, in fact, to have these tuning garages and actually being able to use them. Right now the only use for them is for delivering cars, which gets a little tedious after a while...

agreed. A color select menu would be the tits.
1UP
Tanks - I miss the tank most of all now, I mean I look at the car physics, and all that junk... Then I think of what a tank would do to it.lol

Fun weapons - Is a second thing for me I do miss flamethrower and chainsaw.

Pay 'N' Spray - Really... Why the fuck do they never let us pick the color!?

These kinds of features would be the only way id buy DLC. Far as next GTA goes, can almost bet at least some of them will be back. I cant see a reason why not.
Mr.Zipper
QUOTE(istealkegs @ Sep 5 2008, 03:33 PM) [snapback]1463128[/snapback]
agreed. A color select menu would be the tits.

Dude, wow nice expression I have never heard it before haha!

I really would like a color select menu though, maybe stealth kills?
Canadianbacon123
Would like to see more vehicles added, especially a civilian version of the FIB Buffalo.
victimsfamily
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Aug 31 2008, 11:50 AM) [snapback]1462105[/snapback]
Interactive internet

I'd like to see 'flash' games on the in-game internet, with global highscore leaderboards, etc. Basically like the XBL Arcade or whatever the PSN equivalent is, but in GTA.

It'd also make sense to include the Social Club somewhere.

Friend activities in multiplayer - pool, darts, bowling, drinking

I don't understand why we can do all of these things in singleplayer with an NPC just so we can unlock 'special' abilities/get them into bed, but we can't do them with our real mates in multiplayer. How cool would it be to get 16 players in Steinway Beer Garden, and then have them all emerge drunk and falling all over the place? Or get a group of people to fill up one of the bowling alleys and have a competition there. It seems wasteful having these activities in the game but not being able to make the most out of them in multiplayer.

Excellent ideas ! Especially the internet minigames one, that I've had too ! Thanks DuffMan.

I'm all for being able to drink in every bars whenever we want too. And open the night clubs ! And the garages !
Oh and every pay parking, there's a lot in the city, I'm sure it was scraped at the last minute !
TwoFacedTanner
new hair would be kinda cool.
And ability to rid yourself of that facial hair every once in a while. And even get a full beard/mustache/goatee
Canadianbacon123
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Sep 7 2008, 02:15 PM) [snapback]1463474[/snapback]
And ability to rid yourself of that facial hair every once in a while. And even get a full beard/mustache/goatee

Grow a huge Fu Manchu lol
DiO
QUOTE(Canadianbacon123 @ Sep 7 2008, 12:52 PM) [snapback]1463478[/snapback]
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Sep 7 2008, 02:15 PM) [snapback]1463474[/snapback]

Grow a huge Fu Manchu lol

I am IRL.
Siir Psycho
All I want is alot more clothes, online gamemodes, hair styles, alot more multiplayer clothing items and small car customisation.

Then GTA IV will be better in my eyes, but with SR2 coming out, I dont think ill buy the DLC this October.

Shame they didnt relase it sooner, like in August, but they moved it back because SR2's release date moved to October.

Its understandable by Rockstar, and this must be a huge DLC because if they delayed it to clash with SR2's release, it must be enough new content to keep some people from buying SR2.

I wonder what it will be?...
victimsfamily
I just did a race in GTAIV and it was pathetic, so, this is not the only thing I'd want from the DLC, but I think it should really include a better race AI, that makes the races actually interesting.
Maybe also new races, a better races system that allows to chose the type of car we want to race with, and why not a racing outfit it would be nice. I'd like to see the opponents get out of their car once the race is finished and look happy or disgusted depending on their rank, not just disappear, or become ordinary citizens again.
Better races anyhow...

QUOTE(Siir Psycho @ Sep 12 2008, 05:30 PM) [snapback]1464499[/snapback]
Its understandable by Rockstar, and this must be a huge DLC because if they delayed it to clash with SR2's release, it must be enough new content to keep some people from buying SR2.

I hope you're right.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.