Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GTA IV DLC Release Date
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Downloadable Content / Next GTA Discussion
Hogerz
This is ridiculous now.... Does anyone know when... EVEN ROUGHLY when this DLC is coming out?! Everytime I search on google for any news, every website has a different information and its annoying me...

If I dont even HEAR about when its going to be released then im selling GTA because its too boring and im starting to believe there may never be any DLC, well maybe in a year or so, but thats too long, Ill just sell GTA and get Saints Row 2 (if it looks just as good as the last one).

Ive heard: August 29th from some sites, Next January from other sites. Its been delayed, now its not.....

Can please someone put me out of my misery and just tell me?! If Rockstar havn't released any information yet, then alot of GTA copies will be arriving in stores for Re-Sale when they are being traded in.... I know this because MANY people are just not bothered anymore... Because there taking too long to say something. Looks like Saints Row 2 is going to sell out quickly at this point....
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Hogerz @ Aug 27 2008, 12:02 PM) [snapback]1461447[/snapback]
This is ridiculous now.... Does anyone know when... EVEN ROUGHLY when this DLC is coming out?! Everytime I search on google for any news, every website has a different information and its annoying me...

If I dont even HEAR about when its going to be released then im selling GTA because its too boring and im starting to believe there may never be any DLC, well maybe in a year or so, but thats too long, Ill just sell GTA and get Saints Row 2 (if it looks just as good as the last one).

Ive heard: August 29th from some sites, Next January from other sites. Its been delayed, now its not.....

Can please someone put me out of my misery and just tell me?! If Rockstar havn't released any information yet, then alot of GTA copies will be arriving in stores for Re-Sale when they are being traded in.... I know this because MANY people are just not bothered anymore... Because there taking too long to say something. Looks like Saints Row 2 is going to sell out quickly at this point....

Everything is just rumors at this point.

The most recent rumor I found is that DLC will drop with the new Xbox Live Dashboard in NOVEMBER.
http://kotaku.com/5041735/gta-iv-dlc-out-i...rder-simulation

We'll see. When's Saints Row 2 out? October 14th? I've also seen August 26th, 28th and 29th as the release date. Either way, people are going to trade in GTA4 if they didn't REALLY like it OR if they can only afford to purchase new games by trading in older ones.

GTA4 has become a PERMANENT ADDITION to my game library and with multiple episodes to be released over an extended period of time, this will be a game I play until I get a "next-next generation" machine.

All I can say is try being patient. If you can't stand waiting for it, see if you can freeze yourself in the snow or your deep freezer until the release date.
lcpd
Microsoft have announced at the Leipzig Games Convention that, ‘In autumn there will be news from Liberty City; the first episodes of GTA IV will be available for download, exclusively on Xbox LIVE.’ However, no other details on Microsoft’s $50 million investment were revealed. All we know is that there will be one downloadable package this year, but no clues as to pricing or what it will contain.

Thats Confirmed.
You may want to see
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/08/20/microsof...ng-this-autumn/
http://kotaku.com/5039424/gta-iv-dlc-on-xbox-live-this-fall

PS3 Games Sorry
Director of product management for Xbox 360 and Xbox Live Aaron Greenberg says the DLC for GTA IV on Microsoft's console is 'not possible' for the PlayStation 3 as far as he's aware. This doesn't exactly rule it out though:

"Rockstar and Xbox have only said there are exclusive episodes coming this fall to Xbox 360, [said Greenberg]. "I might put that up for a bit of wishful thinking on their end."
By 'them', of course, he is referring Sony. More specifically he's referring to David Reeves, president of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.

When Reeves was asked, "Is it damaging to Sony and PlayStation that there is no DLC for GTA IV on PS3?", he responded, "Well I think you probably will see it, it's just that a deal obviously was struck between Microsoft and Take 2 to do that. And if that's what they want to do, I think that's the last shot they have."

Probed further, Reeves became evasive, saying, "I'm honestly not going to make any comment on that because it's too big a thing to... we can make an announcement when we make an announcement." He also said, "e-mail Rockstar, ask them what's coming".

More News
So GTA IV's DLC will be out in the "Fall"? Awfully vague, Microsoft. There's three months in the Fall. We like things a little firmer. Like this claim by RPG-TV - based off an Xbox press event held in London - that GTA IV's DLC will be out in November. And when it is out in November, it'll add "roughly 15 hours of additional play time". If true, 15 hours is a looooong time. Too long for it to just be new missions on the same islands.

PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(GTA4FORUMS ~LCPD @ Aug 27 2008, 07:40 PM) [snapback]1461527[/snapback]
So GTA IV's DLC will be out in the "Fall"? Awfully vague, Microsoft. There's three months in the Fall. We like things a little firmer. Like this claim by RPG-TV - based off an Xbox press event held in London - that GTA IV's DLC will be out in November.

I think the release date for the DLC will be a strategic one; planned out well in advance to compete with the pleathora of new games dropping this holiday season. There's probably a couple elements that will come into play with the release date. The "vagueness" you describe is R* using the best marketing tool ever: ANTICIPATION.

The big question regarding the release date of the DLC is: how will we get it? Will it just be like adding maps for Halo? Just use Microsoft Points in the store and boom, DLC? Will it be available to purchase at retail stores (via cards like XBL subscriptions)?

I've never downloaded any additional features to a game, so I don't actually know how it all works and integrates with the game's save file. We also don't even know what DLC will be or how it will incorporate our "individual game experience" - based on the choices we made through the storyline (and for some, how far along they are in the storyline).

I mentioned earlier that I heard DLC might drop with the update to the Xbox Live Dashboard (which will totally revamp the XBL store, add Netflix, avatars, etc.). GTA4's DLC might be at the helm of the Dashboard update, as part of the agreement made between the two companies regarding the exclusive DLC content. That could concrete the release date to November alongside the new dashboard; but that's just speculation at this point.

I think we will be hearing more about the actual release date very, very soon. With all of the Fall releases starting to drop over the next couple of months, R* will have to make a formal announcement regarding the actual date to concrete their potential sales from impatient kids looking at other violent videogames to spend their allowance/gift cards on.

Right now, from a business/marketing standpoint, all the hype surrounding DLC appears to have been orchestrated by R*. The first delay helped build up hype; the announcement on their financial quarterly reports about which quarter it would be released helped build hype; the LACK of announcements at G3 and the "vague" announcements at Leipzig... it's all building up to the announcement of the release date, very, very soon.

istealkegs

Ehh... spare me... Saints Row will not be as good as GTA... if you think GTA was boring, then you might want ot pick a new genre of game all together... Saints Row is definately not going to cure more of your boredom than GTA will.
Harrop
QUOTE(istealkegs @ Aug 28 2008, 06:58 PM) [snapback]1461635[/snapback]

Ehh... spare me... Saints Row will not be as good as GTA... if you think GTA was boring, then you might want ot pick a new genre of game all together... Saints Row is definately not going to cure more of your boredom than GTA will.

I think it will be more fun than IV, BUT it definetly will not be a better game!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.