Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A little known fact, about marijuana.
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Political & World Issues
Pages: 1, 2
Skinny†
I don't think many people know the main reasons it was made illegal in the first place.

Marijuana leads to homosexuality ... and therefore to AIDS.
lol

While in this condition [high on marijuana] they become raving maniacs and are liable to kill or indulge in any form of violence to other persons, using the most savage methods of cruelty without, as said before, any sense of moral responsibility. . . . If this drug is indulged in to any great extent, it ends in the untimely death of its addict.

We now know, this was a blatant lie.

The voters in this country should not be expected to decide which medicines are safe and effective.
Obviously, the voters shouldn't decide anything. rolleyes.gif

We've got a national campaign by drug legalizers, in my view, to try and use medicinal uses of drugs and legalization of hemp as a stalking horse to get in under the radar screen.

What the hell?

...the primary reason to outlaw marijuana is its effect on the degenerate races.
Damn niggers.

How many murders, suicides, robberies, criminal assaults, holdups, burglaries and deeds of maniacal insanity it causes each year, especially among the young, can only be conjectured... No one knows, when he places a marijuana cigarette to his lips, whether he will become a joyous reveller in a musical heaven, a mad insensate, a calm philosopher, or a murderer...

More blatant lies.

I wish I could show you what a small marihuana cigarette can do to one of our degenerate Spanish-speaking residents. That's why our problem is so great; the greatest percentage of our population is composed of Spanish-speaking persons, most of who are low mentally, because of social and racial conditions
The latino menace must be contained.

Marihuana leads to pacifism and communist brainwashing

Oh noez, not peace! and communism... what the hell?

Marijuana is an addictive drug which produces in its users insanity, criminality, and death.
This guy is addicted to lies.

Marijuana is the most violence-causing drug in the history of mankind.

They just won't stop with these farces and lies.

Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men
I pissed my self laughing at that one.

There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos, and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz, and swing, result from marijuana use. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers, and any others

We need to stop these degenerate races. rolleyes.gif

You smoke a joint and you're likely to kill your brother
ha

[Marijuana is taken by] musicians. And I'm not speaking about good musicians, but the jazz type...

Is it a coincidence that most musicians who smoke, own? Pink Floyd, Bob Marley, every Jazz musician ever born?

[Marijuana]is highly intoxicating and constitutes an ever recurring problem where there are Mexicans or Spanish-Americans of the lower classes

Thay did have to keep the poor in order. rolleyes.gif

A California man decapitated his best friend while under the spell of the smoke.
I've seen this happen many times. rolleyes.gif

The message for teens is clear ó today's pernicious pot is not your parent's pot. The THC potency in marijuana seized in the 1970s, when marijuana use was most prevalent, was less than one percent; today such potency levels have climbed to 8.8 percent

Funny how these extracted plants magicaly evolve, to increaseone chemicle's existence by Seven percent, out of 8.8 percent., according to this guy.

I want a Goddamn strong statement on marijuana, I mean one that just tears the ass out of them. You know, it's a funny thing, every one of the bastards that are out for legalizing marijuana is Jewish

You have to love that Nixon.

Link.

So, why isn't it legal now?
Mad Space Ghost
All the quotes from that page is from "Reefer Madness."

We all know reefer madness was a bias film about marijuana and its user-base it was created back in what... the 20's-50's? They probably had not done any research... but still today they remain very adamant that marijuana gives the effect of cocaine or something where the user become very violent.
psychÝ
Clearly you know fuck all about weed and its side effects or you would have made some relevant points rather than quoting some 50 year old film.

Ex-PS Fanboy
hehe i laughed at alot of those, it's amazing the bullshit these people can come up with. out of every pothead i know, (including myself) only one person i know turns slightly violent, and it's nothing like how they say, (he simply gets pissed off easy)
TwoFacedTanner
I want you to watch the 1936 film that has seemingly offended you.

[youtube]QZdhcNegZgU[/youtube]

Qdeathstar
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Aug 24 2008, 06:17 PM) [snapback]1460967[/snapback]
Clearly you know fuck all about weed and its side effects or you would have made some relevant points rather than quoting some 50 year old film.

This best sums up and ends this topic. Next Topic Please...
Skinny†
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Aug 25 2008, 04:17 AM) [snapback]1460967[/snapback]

Since this topic was only about the lunacy of it's illegality in the first place, I didn't have to, but if you want some, fine. It's common knowlege that drug use doesn't go down with prohibition, the amount of users has stayed the same in each place, while ganja went through a rolercoaster of legalisation, and prohibition across the world. So, what's the point of prohibition? It doesn't stop people doing it, it just wastes billions of money for each country every year, puts relatively harmless people in jail (wich we have to pay for with our taxes) and puts more money in the hands of criminals, and out of the hands of leginimate businesses. Not to mention that weed is not good for the development of children and under this system, everyone can get weed the same since there are no regulations in place, due to it being illegal. So if we don't want underage kids smoking it, it should be legalised so we can regulate the industry so that only adults can get it.
DiO
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Aug 24 2008, 08:29 AM) [snapback]1460929[/snapback]
Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men
I pissed my self laughing at that one.

As did I.
Qdeathstar
The film gives reasons for it to be banned in the 1920, some of which were falacies... OK. There are reasons for it to be banned today, most of which are fact.

Its funny you choose a "source" to dispute that is over 50 years old. It's no suprise, with further study, that most of that can be discarded as untrue. Why don't you try to argue with modern papers that show how addicted marijuana is, how it causes cancer, and irritability and paranioa for long term habitual users.
Mattay
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Aug 25 2008, 02:51 AM) [snapback]1461025[/snapback]
Not to mention that weed is not good for the development of children and under this system, everyone can get weed the same since there are no regulations in place, due to it being illegal. So if we don't want underage kids smoking it, it should be legalised so we can regulate the industry so that only adults can get it.

If the legal age for marijuana use was set to 18 or whatever underage kids would still be able to get it. Just like underage usage of tobacco goes on today. "Big brother, will you go down to the store and get me a dimebag?"
Hardcore Ottoman
Wait. If you admit that and use it as your argument, then the only good defense for GTA goes out the door when big brother, mama, or papa buy violent video games. Double standards are not cool.

Personally, cigarettes are too expensive, burn too fast, don't smell nice... all in comparison to casually smoking weed. Most habits exercised casually do not spell doom, but when you binge and binge and do it for too long you receive problems--your body cannot imagine the absence of your habit. And when you try to purge it from your system, your body reacts negatively that I've seen. Therefore, I don't see how marijuana and tobacco can be much different when considering the addictive nature at which American consumers like to over-do or -use.

Just keep in mind. Life causes cancer. We've let the government decide what first is wrong, and the mere study into marijuana is just the infinite regress at which one can suggest and point fingers at anomalies and excessive use or other reasons just to to continue support for the law. What exactly are we proving?
Nec
Fact: Teenagers and kids will almost always do what you tell them not to do right after you tell them not to do it. I think it should be legal and not harshly regulated. 18 is a good age, and while it wouldn't keep all the younger people from smoking (I started at 14), it would reduce the number smoking. Besides, pot is not a bad thing. The biggest mistake people make with it is smoking far more than necessary. While that will certainly make you near zombie-like, it does not make people violent except in rare cases with something like a chemical imbalance. I have been smoking pot for 24 years now. Unlike when I was younger, I only take 1 or 2 hits depending on the quality. To do any more is simply wasteful.

As far as Reefer Madness goes, that was a very influential film, albeit inaccurate. However, it was a huge part of why pot became such a "bad" thing. Personally, I think it was appropriate. Sure, there is more recent information. Sure, there are more recent arguments against. The latest is that...zOMG, pot is getting STRONGER! Well, I assume that is probably due to more growers using hydroponics. Higher quality stuff = more potent.

It's 4:20 somewhere. Ciao!
Skinny†
QUOTE(Sittin @ Aug 26 2008, 09:48 AM) [snapback]1461189[/snapback]
The film gives reasons for it to be banned in the 1920, some of which were falacies... OK. There are reasons for it to be banned today, most of which are fact.

Actually, most medical reasons are wholey inacurate, not to mention irrelelvant.

Why don't you try to argue with modern papers that show how addicted marijuana is, how it causes cancer, and irritability and paranioa for long term habitual users.
Prohibition doesn't decrease the number of people doing a drug, so medical reasons are irrelevant, especailly when as petty as that. Also, legalisation would increase awareness and limit the abuse of the drug.

QUOTE(Mattay)
If the legal age for marijuana use was set to 18 or whatever underage kids would still be able to get it. Just like underage usage of tobacco goes on today. "Big brother, will you go down to the store and get me a dimebag?"

So? There will still be many occasions where kids won't be able to get any pot, just like alcohol. Under prohibition, it can be obatined epually as easily by people of any age. Infact, these regulations would be even more effective on party drugs.

QUOTE(King Midas Bitch!)
Most habits exercised casually do not spell doom, but when you binge and binge and do it for too long you receive problems--your body cannot imagine the absence of your habit. And when you try to purge it from your system, your body reacts negatively that I've seen.

All the more reason to legalise it. Awareness stops abuse.

Therefore, I don't see how marijuana and tobacco can be much different when considering the addictive nature at which American consumers like to over-do or -use.
Nicotine. People don't smoke 10-20 joints every day.

QUOTE(Nec)
The latest is that...zOMG, pot is getting STRONGER! Well, I assume that is probably due to more growers using hydroponics. Higher quality stuff = more potent.

I love how they think that the amount of chemicals in a plant are just going to randomly increase. Hydroponic marijuana is specially grown, with sprays etc. so it really is a gigantic load of crap.
Hardcore Ottoman
Not all tobacco products have nicotine... I made sure I used tobacco as the word instead of cigarettes for a reason.
Skinny†
QUOTE(King Midas Bitch! @ Aug 26 2008, 10:21 PM) [snapback]1461239[/snapback]
Not all tobacco products have nicotine... I made sure I used tobacco as the word instead of cigarettes for a reason.

Well, tabacco isn't really addictive without nicotine, so I don't know what you are getting at. huh.gif
Hardcore Ottoman
That both can have any certain amount of facts surrounding it to further the illegality or legality of them. My point was that both are just about the same naturally but when legalized and regulated they take on different forms because the govt looks for facts to justify tobacco's legality and marijuana illegality.

Maybe you should re-read my stance because I think you got it wrong.
new major on the block
Well incase you haven't noticed how the taxes have kept increasing on cigarettes. And all the push to stop smoking is increasing aswell. Eventually they, cigarettes, might be banned too. I really don't care on either, i don't smoke either. This all only affects you people who touch the wacky tabaccy or any drug. I always found it funny thinking back years ago with the D.A.R.E. program how they cited peer pressure as a main cause as why young people got into drugs. As my own experience, there was some peer pressure but it never changed my mind and make me do it. I just felt it wasn't for me so i never did it. It did help to have two older siblings to watch at a young age srew up their lives because of drugs starting with weed. I learned from their mistakes on what to do and what not to do. And i'm better off because of it. You wanna do it, thats your business, you don't thats your decision aswell. i say don't do it but thats my opinion, i also say don't speed on the roads too but youre gonna make up your own mind and do what you want to because you, as a young person, think you know everything and thats never gonna change.
psychÝ
QUOTE(King Midas Bitch! @ Aug 26 2008, 01:21 PM) [snapback]1461239[/snapback]

The tobacco plant is called Nicotiana sylvestris could never guess why that would be.

legalisation would increase awareness and limit the abuse of the drug.
You just said the medical reason were irrelevant, despite that being utter BS it would mean if true that people can "abuse" the drug as much as they like.

Infact, these regulations would be even more effective on party drugs.
This clear fact obviously taken from the statistics from all the "party drugs" that have been legalised recently, oh wait none ever have.

Actually, most medical reasons are wholey inacurate
Eh......no there not as if they are medical reason they are based on research which shows they are accurate, you are just talking about crap which is made up being inaccurate, big surprise there.

Prohibition doesn't decrease the number of people doing a drug
It really does.
People don't smoke 10-20 joints every day.
And there is evidence for my point above.

I love how they think that the amount of chemicals in a plant are just going to randomly increase.
It is due to genetic selection by growers, it is getting "better" quality.
Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Aug 26 2008, 02:51 PM) [snapback]1461313[/snapback]

The tobacco plant is called Nicotiana sylvestris could never guess why that would be.

I stand corrected. I thought nicotine was something they added. Well, I did research and found most plants in general have nicotine but not as much as tobacco plants.

Ad hoc: Cigarettes can contain cross-bred tobacco strains to increase nicotine levels while weed generally has not. Weed does contain more tar and cancer-causing agents though, and the habit of smoking weed does not help the pothead in the least. Why? No filter. Weed is meant to be held in as long as possible and then let out--no one I know wastes a puff. This in effect makes weed just as bad as cigarettes and vice-versa.

And psycho, not everyone gets good weed. Most get simple shit but where I live people can get good shit coming in from Tampa Bay. Weed would never been legalized because it doesn't contain enough nicotine to cause people to continue buying it--not better than tobacco when you're in it for profits. Also, tobacco users have the hardest withdrawal while potheads do not so the products you see to help people quit smoking cigarettes wouldn't do as well with weed.
Un-Amurikan Bastage
@King Midas
Actually, pot is indeed stronger than it used to be. This is because the market for it has had growers breeding the plants to higher THC levels. Same principle as animal breeding. Shit, I know a guy that made a man-joint out of some chronic that was 30%...crystals all over that shit.

But I believe I read somewhere that marijuana smoke actually has anti-cancer properties...though this isn't to suggest that it is any kind of healthy for you, as inhaling smoke of any sort isn't going to do anything good. This guy I hung with in Europe (same guy aforementioned) used Camel filters in his joints though, so really the no-filter idea is somewhat inaccurate, but I don't know how wide-spread that practice is...the ones he made were intense. That was good times.
Skinny†
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Aug 27 2008, 04:51 AM) [snapback]1461313[/snapback]
legalisation would increase awareness and limit the abuse of the drug.
You just said the medical reason were irrelevant, despite that being utter BS it would mean if true that people can "abuse" the drug as much as they like.

The medical reasons are irrelevant because prohibition doesn't decrease the amount of people doing a drug. Learn to read my post, wich is right there, or do a little research before you go running over the hill with crap like that.

This clear fact obviously taken from the statistics from all the "party drugs" that have been legalised recently, oh wait none ever have.
I never said they had, I'm saying they should be.

Eh......no there not as if they are medical reason they are based on research which shows they are accurate, you are just talking about crap which is made up being inaccurate, big surprise there.

lol, you are the one talking complete crap. You're probablly going to try to come back with 'omg weed causes schizophrenia' wich is a gigantic farce. All the studies advocating it, really just find people who have used pot, and are also schizophrinic, proving nothing, due to the high amount of people who use the drug. However, most studies have been able to find that the risk of contracting the condition if you have a predisposition for it actually increases. By 1%.

Yes, it causes paranoia. For about half an hour, and you can't do much harm while ripped anyway:
There is no convincing scientific evidence that marijuana causes psychological damage or mental illness in either teenagers or adults. Some marijuana users experience psychological distress following marijuana ingestion, which may include feelings of panic, anxiety, and paranoia. Such experiences can be frightening, but the effects are temporary. With very large doses, marijuana can cause temporary toxic psychosis. This occurs rarely, and almost always when marijuana is eaten rather than smoked. Marijuana does not cause profound changes in people's behavior.
Link.

It really does.

No, most countries have a percentage of people who are addicted to something, of 5%. This has been the same since before prohibition.

It is due to genetic selection by growers, it is getting "better" quality.
In hydroponic and chronic marijuana. This is not the basic plant and not the only type available.

QUOTE(Un-Amurikan Bastage)
Actually, pot is indeed stronger than it used to be. This is because the market for it has had growers breeding the plants to higher THC levels. Same principle as animal breeding. Shit, I know a guy that made a man-joint out of some chronic that was 30%...crystals all over that shit.

People who support this myth are usually biased liars.

When today's youth use marijuana, they are using the same drug used by youth in the 1960s and 1970s. A small number of low-THC samples seized by the Drug Enforcement Administration are used to calculate a dramatic increase in potency. However, these samples were not representative of the marijuana generally available to users during this era. Potency data from the early 1980s to the present are more reliable, and they show no increase in the average THC content of marijuana. Even if marijuana potency were to increase, it would not necessarily make the drug more dangerous. Marijuana that varies quite substantially in potency produces similar psychoactive effects.
Link.

QUOTE(new major on the block)
I really don't care on either, i don't smoke either. This all only affects you people who touch the wacky tabaccy or any drug.

No, it affects everyone. Billions of tax dollars are spent every year to enforce prohibition.
Un-Amurikan Bastage
QUOTE(Skinny.)

O.o Ouch...don't know how you came to that conclusion, but I was going off of what is generally and logically considered true. To which side am I 'biased' and about what do I 'lie,' exactly? I am in no way trying to make a point to keep it illegal - I am totally for legalization.

It's logical that over time as people breed the plants for high THC content, that the product generally available will have greater THC content. Not to say that marijuana did not exist with very high THC content in the 60s, just that it was harder to get, as the really bomb stuff now is harder to get. But I'll cede the point to the evidencial reference you used anyway...
Marneyo Juano
Would you people cut it out with the 'illegalization doesn't decrease the users' bullshit? beause it obviously does. It's always much easier to go down to the store and buy a joint than to look for some guy who has connections with dealears, and not everyone knows the right people. I am sure that if marijuana was legalized, the number of it's smokers would be either equal or bigger than the amount of tobacco smokers. can't even compare that to the amount of weed smokers today.
Qdeathstar
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Aug 26 2008, 12:14 PM) [snapback]1461238[/snapback]
QUOTE(Sittin @ Aug 26 2008, 09:48 AM) [snapback]1461189[/snapback]

Actually, most medical reasons are wholey inacurate, not to mention irrelelvant.

Who says? Some drugged up stoner? Really?

Why don't you try to argue with modern papers that show how addicted marijuana is, how it causes cancer, and irritability and paranioa for long term habitual users.
Prohibition doesn't decrease the number of people doing a drug, so medical reasons are irrelevant, especailly when as petty as that. Also, legalisation would increase awareness and limit the abuse of the drug.

Non Sequitor. Because prohibition doens't decrease the number of drug users the medical effects of pot don't matter. What, that doesn't make since..

Not to mention your wrong. I mean, you may be right in the hood where everyone knows where drug dealer joe is, but not in middle income neighborhoods because people will have a harder time finding a dealer.. Also, you see it advertised in a store and you've never tried it before your more like to give it a smokesy...

QUOTE(Mattay)

So? There will still be many occasions where kids won't be able to get any pot, just like alcohol. Under prohibition, it can be obatined epually as easily by people of any age. Infact, these regulations would be even more effective on party drugs.

Underage kids can't get alchohol. WAFFLES NIGGER. WAFFLES.

QUOTE(King Midas Bitch!)
Most habits exercised casually do not spell doom, but when you binge and binge and do it for too long you receive problems--your body cannot imagine the absence of your habit. And when you try to purge it from your system, your body reacts negatively that I've seen.

Marijuana is highly addictive...

Therefore, I don't see how marijuana and tobacco can be much different when considering the addictive nature at which American consumers like to over-do or -use.

Marijuana has THC in it. Thats the addictive chemical in Marijuana...

QUOTE(King Midas Bitch! @ Aug 26 2008, 08:56 PM) [snapback]1461343[/snapback]
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Aug 26 2008, 02:51 PM) [snapback]1461313[/snapback]

I stand corrected. I thought nicotine was something they added. Well, I did research and found most plants in general have nicotine but not as much as tobacco plants.

Tobacco companies add additional nicotine to the ciggarettes, makeing them more addicting. Thats probably where your misconception is.

Cigarettes can contain cross-bred tobacco strains to increase nicotine levels while weed generally has not. Weed does contain more tar and cancer-causing agents though, and the habit of smoking weed does not help the pothead in the least. Why? No filter. Weed is meant to be held in as long as possible and then let out--no one I know wastes a puff. This in effect makes weed just as bad as cigarettes and vice-versa.
Cigarettes and Weed are completey different drugs and used completely different chemicals to get you high. Nicotine is in cigarettes, and THC is the chemical in weed that gets you high. Marijuana planets, like anything, can be bred to contain certain traites, higher THC levels, for example.

And psycho, not everyone gets good weed. Most get simple shit but where I live people can get good shit coming in from Tampa Bay. Weed would never been legalized because it doesn't contain enough nicotine to cause people to continue buying it--not better than tobacco when you're in it for profits. Also, tobacco users have the hardest withdrawal while potheads do not so the products you see to help people quit smoking cigarettes wouldn't do as well with weed.

Nicotine isn't the only chemical that causes addiction :-/ Marijuana is highly addictive, because of its THC content. Potheads have severe, long lasting withdraw symptoms.. Your just wrong about that. Perhaps you should have done a bit more research.
Skinny†
QUOTE(Un-Amurikan Bastage @ Aug 27 2008, 04:56 PM) [snapback]1461399[/snapback]
QUOTE(Skinny.)

O.o Ouch...don't know how you came to that conclusion, but I was going off of what is generally and logically considered true. To which side am I 'biased' and about what do I 'lie,' exactly? I am in no way trying to make a point to keep it illegal - I am totally for legalization.

I was reffering to the politicians and the organisations that use that.

Would you people cut it out with the 'illegalization doesn't decrease the users' bullshit? beause it obviously does. It's always much easier to go down to the store and buy a joint than to look for some guy who has connections with dealears, and not everyone knows the right people. I am sure that if marijuana was legalized, the number of it's smokers would be either equal or bigger than the amount of tobacco smokers. can't even compare that to the amount of weed smokers today.
Actually, it would raise significantly, for a few months, because as you said, it will be easier to obtain. But it will soon drop to it's normal figure, just like alcohol did. When it is banned use drops, when it is legalized, use raises, but both are temporary. I fail to see how demand for a drug is going to sky rocket permanently, because it's in stores (not to mention the hefty taxes people will have to pay).

Oh, and if some of you have trouble understanding all the economic reasons for why prohibition is the stupidest idea ever, did I mention the crime rates? Prohibition has raped so many countries, America in paticular.

Guess wich years were during a prohibition smile.gif

Peopel are always complaining about over crowded prisons, did anyone stop to think that prohibition fills up prisons, not by neutrilizing criminals and socio paths, but by turning people into criminals.

Good lord.

QUOTE(Sittin @ Aug 27 2008, 10:17 PM) [snapback]1461421[/snapback]
Non Sequitor. Because prohibition doens't decrease the number of drug users the medical effects of pot don't matter. What, that doesn't make since..

How doesn't it? It's really quite simple. If the same amount of people are doing the drug, with or without prohibition, it doesn't matter what medical effects it has, since no less people will be experiencing them during prohibition.

Not to mention your wrong. I mean, you may be right in the hood where everyone knows where drug dealer joe is, but not in middle income neighborhoods because people will have a harder time finding a dealer..
So.... who cares if adults want to take marijuana? It's there choice, they aren't really hurting anyone else by getting hungry and falling asleep. Basically ever teen who drinks, also smokes weed. Weed is much easier for teens to get than alcohol, because if it's in stores there would be strict regulations on it, so less undergae ussers, and the ones that do get it, will be using it less frequently. Drug dealers have no such regulations, as they are already breaking the law.

Also, you see it advertised in a store and you've never tried it before your more like to give it a smokesy...

So you basically want to tell over eighteens what they can and cannot do with their bodies? You are the authoritarian of the year (not to mention that they drug won't be advertised, they will most likely have to keep it in the back, and make it only available on request).

Underage kids can't get alchohol. WAFFLES black dude. WAFFLES.
There will be many times where teens try to get drinks but fail, hence they will be drinking less. With pot on the other hand, there are no obstacles or regulations, no need for a fake ID or a secondary purchase. Any time an teen wants pot they get it. Alcohol is a diffrent story.

I lol'd.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Aug 26 2008, 08:14 AM) [snapback]1461238[/snapback]
People don't smoke 10-20 joints every day.

In college, I probably smoked around 10 blunts a day.

Down to 2 or 3 now. It has nothing to do with legality; just available time and a wife who hates the smell.

Reading this arguement makes me think we should all get together for the 1st Annual GTAIV Marijuana Summit and Smokeathon to discuss this topic more indepth and more 'hands on'.
psychÝ

It really isn't

THC isn't addictive.

Cigarettes can contain cross-bred tobacco strains to increase nicotine levels while weed generally has not. Weed does contain more tar and cancer-causing agents though, and the habit of smoking weed does not help the pothead in the least. Why? No filter. Weed is meant to be held in as long as possible and then let out--no one I know wastes a puff. This in effect makes weed just as bad as cigarettes and vice-versa.
Cigarettes and Weed are completey different drugs and used completely different chemicals to get you high. Nicotine is in cigarettes, and THC is the chemical in weed that gets you high. Marijuana planets, like anything, can be bred to contain certain traites, higher THC levels, for example.
Nicotine is only one of the chemicals in cigarettes that causes a high there are others like CO.

Nicotine isn't the only chemical that causes addiction :-/ Marijuana is highly addictive, because of its THC content.

No it isn't THC isn't addictive at all, most people get "addicted" to the sensation or the scene or the bacci they mix with the weed, they are just weak minded so blame the weed for the "addiction".

Actually, it would raise significantly, for a few months, because as you said, it will be easier to obtain. But it will soon drop to it's normal figure, just like alcohol did.
Yay, lets pull out useless inaccurate statistics which are clear wrong as the item was illegal and therefore valid figures can't be made as people don't admit to it.

it doesn't matter what medical effects it has, since no less people will be experiencing them during prohibition.
The long term medical effects of a drug are completely irrelevant to the amount of people using it they don't change because more or less people are using it.

Basically ever teen who drinks, also smokes weed.
No they don't as many don't even know where to get it from, you maybe living in the ghetto but people who don't live in a shit hole don't have drug dealers all around them.

Weed is much easier for teens to get than alcohol, because if it's in stores there would be strict regulations on it
No it isn't half the time their parents will buy it for them.

So you basically want to tell over eighteens what they can and cannot do with their bodies?
Pretty much, people are clearly idiots.

There will be many times where teens try to get drinks but fail, hence they will be drinking less. With pot on the other hand, there are no obstacles or regulations, no need for a fake ID or a secondary purchase. Any time an teen wants pot they get it. Alcohol is a diffrent story.
Yes and there will be many teens who have no idea where to get weed from and don't know the people to ask.
Severus Snape
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 27 2008, 08:47 AM) [snapback]1461427[/snapback]
Reading this arguement makes me think we should all get together for the 1st Annual GTAIV Marijuana Summit and Smokeathon to discuss this topic more indepth and more 'hands on'.

Oh, man, I am right there with ya. You set it all up, and I'll be there.
Qdeathstar
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Aug 27 2008, 12:26 PM) [snapback]1461422[/snapback]
QUOTE(Sittin @ Aug 27 2008, 10:17 PM) [snapback]1461421[/snapback]

How doesn't it? It's really quite simple. If the same amount of people are doing the drug, with or without prohibition, it doesn't matter what medical effects it has, since no less people will be experiencing them during prohibition.

Your assumption is wrong. The easier it is for people to get illicit drugs, the more people that will use them.

Not to mention your wrong. I mean, you may be right in the hood where everyone knows where drug dealer joe is, but not in middle income neighborhoods because people will have a harder time finding a dealer..
So.... who cares if adults want to take marijuana? It's there choice, they aren't really hurting anyone else by getting hungry and falling asleep.

So if their child falls into the pull because they got high and fell asleep, i guess they didn't hurt anyone. EH?

Also, you reply doesn't match the argument. Your basically saying, "who cares if legalization causes more people to use the drugs" after i told you why your original argument that legalization will cause more people to use drugs was wrong.

Weed is much easier for teens to get than alcohol, because if it's in stores there would be strict regulations on it, so less undergae ussers, and the ones that do get it, will be using it less frequently. Drug dealers have no such regulations, as they are already breaking the law.
Alchohol is extremely easy for teens to get. IF someone is willing to sell them weed, you can bet there is someone willing to sell them alchohol.

Also, you see it advertised in a store and you've never tried it before your more like to give it a smokesy...

So you basically want to tell over eighteens what they can and cannot do with their bodies? You are the authoritarian of the year (not to mention that they drug won't be advertised, they will most likely have to keep it in the back, and make it only available on request).

Why would stores even keep in stock if they couldn't advertise it. Your argument is stupid. THe minute it became legal the industry would become commercialized.

QUOTE(psychÝ @ Aug 27 2008, 03:55 PM) [snapback]1461446[/snapback]

THC isn't addictive.

Yes it is. Any chemical can become addictive.

its probably not as addicting as nicotine, but it is still addictive..

No it isn't THC isn't addictive at all, most people get "addicted" to the sensation or the scene or the bacci they mix with the weed, they are just weak minded so blame the weed for the "addiction".

well.. your wrong. Long term users can get addicted to weed.

Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE(Un-Amurikan Bastage @ Aug 26 2008, 08:47 PM) [snapback]1461364[/snapback]
@King Midas
I don't speak for all potheads so I'm inclined to believe you there.

But I believe I read somewhere that marijuana smoke actually has anti-cancer properties...though this isn't to suggest that it is any kind of healthy for you, as inhaling smoke of any sort isn't going to do anything good. This guy I hung with in Europe (same guy aforementioned) used Camel filters in his joints though, so really the no-filter idea is somewhat inaccurate, but I don't know how wide-spread that practice is...the ones he made were intense. That was good times.
I would really like to know where you heard that because if it is correct it's just another example of Jim Crow discrimination laws. On the subject of your European mate, he most likely an innovator of sorts because the potheads I know don't like filters as they feel it is detracting the potential power and longevity of each joint.
psychÝ

THC isn't addictive.

One of the most stupid comments ever, every chemical cannot come addictive in fact most chemicals aren't in anyway. Don't see me craving lactic acid do you.

What a ridiculous statement, from someone who clearly doesn't know what they are talking about.

No they can't you are clearly ill informed to the point of just being ignorant to the subject.

I know don't like filters as they feel it is detracting the potential power and longevity of each joint.
People don't use filters as it filters out the THC amongst other unwanted chemicals like it is designed to do.

But I believe I read somewhere that marijuana smoke actually has anti-cancer properties
No smoke has anti-cancer properties that is BS.
Un-Amurikan Bastage
QUOTE(King Midas Bitch! @ Aug 27 2008, 05:03 PM) [snapback]1461519[/snapback]
QUOTE(Un-Amurikan Bastage @ Aug 26 2008, 08:47 PM) [snapback]1461364[/snapback]
@King Midas
I don't speak for all potheads so I'm inclined to believe you there.

It's true, but it doesn't really speak for whether or not weed has gotten more potent over the years - there may have been 30% stuff back in the day, but we'll never know :|

QUOTE(King Midas Bitch! @ Aug 27 2008, 05:03 PM) [snapback]1461519[/snapback]
I would really like to know where you heard that because if it is correct it's just another example of Jim Crow discrimination laws. On the subject of your European mate, he most likely an innovator of sorts because the potheads I know don't like filters as they feel it is detracting the potential power and longevity of each joint.

I don't know where I heard that, but it's highly unlikely, TBH. And yeah, he was the only guy who I've ever seen do that. He said "it makes it smooooth." The fact that he rolled it with hash on top of the mary may have been a factor as well, but again, I can't say.

@psycho
If the filter filters out THC, then they must have been faulty. We got plenty high off those things...
Skinny†
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Aug 28 2008, 01:55 AM) [snapback]1461446[/snapback]
Actually, it would raise significantly, for a few months, because as you said, it will be easier to obtain. But it will soon drop to it's normal figure, just like alcohol did.
Yay, lets pull out useless inaccurate statistics which are clear wrong as the item was illegal and therefore valid figures can't be made as people don't admit to it.

I really have no idea what you're on about. Weed is legal in Amsterdam and there is higher drug use in San Fransisco.

With the exception of higher drug use in San Francisco, we found strong similarities across both cities. We found no evidence to support claims that criminalization reduces use or that decriminalization increases use.

Conclusions. Drug policies may have less impact on cannabis use than is currently thought.
Link.

The long term medical effects of a drug are completely irrelevant to the amount of people using it they don't change because more or less people are using it.

Assuming you meant to say 'relevant' you are completely missing the point. Medical effects shouldn't be any reason to outlaw a drug, if prohibition doesn't decrease the amount of people doing it (see the study above).

No they don't as many don't even know where to get it from, you maybe living in the ghetto but people who don't live in a shit hole don't have drug dealers all around them.
Anyone who wants weed bad enough, will just ask all there friends.

As you would say, you might be in the ghetto where parents are too fucked up on Tar to care if their kids get tanked, but in normal neighbourhoods, this isn't such a problem.

Pretty much, people are clearly idiots.
Yes they are, and they have a right to do stupid things, so long as they aren't infringing on other people's rights. Welcom to a democracy.

Yes and there will be many teens who have no idea where to get weed from and don't know the people to ask.

Those kids are all nerds, who wouldn't do it anyway.

QUOTE(Que Dee)
Your assumption is wrong. The easier it is for people to get illicit drugs, the more people that will use them.

Assumption? See the article at the top of my post. The smart shops in Amsterdam haven't lead to an increase in marijuana use.

So if their child falls into the pull because they got high and fell asleep, i guess they didn't hurt anyone. EH?
It's their responsibility not to smoke while looking after children. This could have happened while they were drunk, or fucked up on Zanax.

Also, you reply doesn't match the argument. Your basically saying, "who cares if legalization causes more people to use the drugs" after i told you why your original argument that legalization will cause more people to use drugs was wrong

Where did you get that?

Alchohol is extremely easy for teens to get. IF someone is willing to sell them weed, you can bet there is someone willing to sell them alchohol.
And not all drug dealers are over eighteen, or want to leave their house to go to the liquor store.

Why would stores even keep in stock if they couldn't advertise it. Your argument is stupid. THe minute it became legal the industry would become commercialized.

They can't advertise tobacco, either. Did stores stop selling that? Most weed selling will be done in the smart shop cafe's like in Amseterdam, anyway.

This is ridiculous. There are chemicals in alot of things, you don't go through withdrawals whenever you change your surroundings.

No there is no scientific evidence (that hasn't been debunked) that suggests this.

psychÝ

Assuming you meant to say 'relevant' you are completely missing the point. Medical effects shouldn't be any reason to outlaw a drug, if prohibition doesn't decrease the amount of people doing it (see the study above).
No I meant exactly what a wrote and medical effects are exactly the reason they should be outlawed, you don't even have a clue what medical effects means obviously.

Anyone who wants weed bad enough, will just ask all there friends.
Good one apart from the point where I said many people won't know where to get it from and therefore will never be exposed to it in vast amounts.

As you would say, you might be in the ghetto where parents are too fucked up on Tar to care if their kids get tanked, but in normal neighbourhoods, this isn't such a problem.
No pretty much all my friends have had there parents buy them drink and I live in middle class england, very few however have had them buy drugs.

Those kids are all nerds, who wouldn't do it anyway.
See you are clearly an idiot, anyone who makes that kind of statement is.

QUOTE(Que Dee)

Assumption? See the article at the top of my post. The smart shops in Amsterdam haven't lead to an increase in marijuana use.
I don't see any percentages in that article that could be based on numbers of people, plus the culture of Europe and america being completely different, then there is the quality and the amount used.

It's their responsibility not to smoke while looking after children. This could have happened while they were drunk, or fucked up on Zanax.
Great argument so if they can do it on one drug we should give them more options on which way they may hurt their kids, no.

Nec
I repeat: I have been smoking pot for 25 years, and I have never ever had problems stopping, nor have I ever felt like I NEED to have it. I have gone days, months, weeks numerous times because I just didn't feel like getting stoned. The same goes for every pot smoker I know, many whom I have known for 15 years or longer. Any addiction to marijuana is purely psychological.

Physical pot addiction is A LIE.
Skinny†
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Aug 29 2008, 02:11 AM) [snapback]1461616[/snapback]
No I meant exactly what a wrote

I assume you mean 'what I wrote'. Anyway, I now see what you meant, and it is a gigantic load of crap. Pleas refraim from making such stupid statements.

medical effects are exactly the reason they should be outlawed
Eh, no. People have the right to do what they want with their bodies. Thank god authotarian idiots like you weren't there when the constitution was drafted.

Good one apart from the point where I said many people won't know where to get it from and therefore will never be exposed to it in vast amounts.

Too bad you are wrong. Do you really think the average person won't have any friends who know where to get pot?

No pretty much all my friends have had there parents buy them drink and I live in middle class england, very few however have had them buy drugs.
Of course they bought them drugs. They bought them alcohol. Those parents are not only idiots for letting their kids drink, but for believing all the stupid myths about marijuana, that hev been debunked so may times it's not even funny.

See you are clearly an idiot, anyone who makes that kind of statement is.

Anyone who has so little friends, that none of them can get weed, would surely fit the social definition of a nerd or loser.

Europe and america being completely different
You are really scraping the bottom of the barrel for an argument here.

then there is the quality and the amount used.

Do you really think people will use more weed at the same time if it's legalized, even though taxes would make it more expensive. Not to mention, society in Europe hasn't crumbled, because people can get a hold of a plant that little bit easier.

Great argument so if they can do it on one drug we should give them more options on which way they may hurt their kids, no.

Why not? You would be more of a danger when you are drunk, and are beating your kids, then when you are stoned. Not to mention QDs argument about falling asleep and the kids falling in the pool was stupid, because first of all, all pools are required to have fences around them, secondly, because there are so many other things that will make you fall asleep quicker than being stoned (ie being up all night with a crying child), and last of all, it's not that hard to avoid falling asleep when high. Not that you should use any intoxocating substances while looking after children, but saying we should outlaw one drug, even though it is less harmful than the current drugs on the legal market, because it has almost the same capabilities as them (not to mention it would be the parents fault, not pot's).
DiO
@ Skinny

Though I know where to get weed, I've never done it nor do I plan to. This makes me a loser?
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(Laurence Trevennor @ Aug 29 2008, 01:08 PM) [snapback]1461820[/snapback]
@ Skinny

Though I know where to get weed, I've never done it nor do I plan to. This makes me a loser?

Yes.

Because you are making a personal choice not to instead of smoking it, to stick it to the man.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Holy Shit Girls On The Net @ Aug 28 2008, 07:53 PM) [snapback]1461713[/snapback]
I repeat: I have been smoking pot for 25 years, and I have never ever had problems stopping, nor have I ever felt like I NEED to have it. I have gone days, months, weeks numerous times because I just didn't feel like getting stoned. The same goes for every pot smoker I know, many whom I have known for 15 years or longer. Any addiction to marijuana is purely psychological.

Holy Shit Stoner Girls On The Net - you're right on.
Skinny†
QUOTE(Laurence Trevennor @ Aug 30 2008, 04:08 AM) [snapback]1461820[/snapback]
@ Skinny

No... i said anyone with so little friends, that they would have no idea where to get weed is, becuase they have no friends.
DiO
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Aug 29 2008, 11:13 PM) [snapback]1461889[/snapback]
QUOTE(Laurence Trevennor @ Aug 30 2008, 04:08 AM) [snapback]1461820[/snapback]
@ Skinny

No... i said anyone with so little friends, that they would have no idea where to get weed is, becuase they have no friends.

You also said "who wouldn't do it anyway." It hurt my feeling. (Only one of them. The rest of my feelings are fiEn.)
Skinny†
Eh, they wouldn't do it because they have no friends and it's no fun to do it alone. What does that have to do with you?
DiO
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Aug 31 2008, 02:44 AM) [snapback]1462088[/snapback]
Eh, they wouldn't do it because they have no friends and it's no fun to do it alone. What does that have to do with you?

Well, I don't do weed at all, ever. Because Im a giant fine gentleman.
Qdeathstar
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Aug 28 2008, 03:10 AM) [snapback]1461552[/snapback]

THC isn't addictive.

One of the most stupid comments ever, every chemical cannot come addictive in fact most chemicals aren't in anyway. Don't see me craving lactic acid do you.

What a ridiculous statement, from someone who clearly doesn't know what they are talking about.

Wow Psycho. You win one. Congradulations.

Internet 1000, Psycho 1.

THC still is an addictive drug for long term users..

No they can't you are clearly ill informed to the point of just being ignorant to the subject.

IF they are addicted to the sensation.. (and MARIJUANA CAUSES THE SENSATION) then they are addicted to the Marijuana..

We aren't discussing whether or not alchohol should be illegal, and Zanax is illegal to use recreationally, so, whats your point? I don't think its a good idea to believe that drug addicts are "responsible"..

Also, you reply doesn't match the argument. Your basically saying, "who cares if legalization causes more people to use the drugs" after i told you why your original argument that legalization will cause more people to use drugs was wrong

Where did you get that?

From your original statement and then your reply to mine....

And not all drug dealers are over eighteen, or want to leave their house to go to the liquor store.

huh?

They can't advertise tobacco, either. Did stores stop selling that? Most weed selling will be done in the smart shop cafe's like in Amseterdam, anyway.

Then why do i see Tobacco advertisments all over the stores @ 7-11 and in adult magazines...

QUOTE(Holy Shit Girls On The Net @ Aug 28 2008, 11:53 PM) [snapback]1461713[/snapback]

Mental addiction is the hardest addiction to overcome. Heroin addicts get over their physical addiction in 2-3 days, but may never get rid of their mental addiction. Besides that, there are some people whose genetics allow them to become more easier addicted to a drug...
psychÝ
Eh, no. People have the right to do what they want with their bodies. Thank god authotarian idiots like you weren't there when the constitution was drafted.
Eh........they really don't as they are idiots and it is lucky people like you weren't around when the constitution was drafted, oh wait you were hence all you morons are allowed guns.

Those parents are not only idiots for letting their kids drink, but for believing all the stupid myths about marijuana, that hev been debunked so may times it's not even funny.
Wait so drinking is the anti-christ here, clear contradiction.

You are really scraping the bottom of the barrel for an argument here.
The whole society is completely different it is an irrelevant study, not to mention it being based around a city know for its drugs.

You would be more of a danger when you are drunk, and are beating your kids, then when you are stoned.
In your opinion, which as shown is normally just a bunch of crap.

Then of course just to prove your an idiot ever heard of hot boxing, yeah didn't think you even thought of that, like most things.

Do you really think people will use more weed at the same time if it's legalized, even though taxes would make it more expensive.
Clearly, and even if not more the strenght would be greater
Not to mention, society in Europe hasn't crumbled, because people can get a hold of a plant that little bit easier.

If you had an ounce of intelligence you would realise that Europe is made up of multiple countries with completely different laws and legislation.

That isn't true it depends the people you socialise with just cause all your friends are always fucked off their heads on drugs doesn't mean everyone's are.

No it isn't.
IF they are addicted to the sensation.. (and MARIJUANA CAUSES THE SENSATION) then they are addicted to the Marijuana..
No I never said they were addicted to the sensation, they enjoy the sensation there is a vast difference, you can enjoy drinking and then go to work all week, you do a gram of coke you want another at work all week, vast difference between a need and something you would enjoy.

Mental addiction is the hardest addiction to overcome. Heroin addicts get over their physical addiction in 2-3 days, but may never get rid of their mental addiction. Besides that, there are some people whose genetics allow them to become more easier addicted to a drug...

To nicotine there is research, there is no evidence that genetics can effect your ability to become addicted to other types of drugs that are in question.
Skinny†
QUOTE(Sittin @ Sep 2 2008, 01:30 AM) [snapback]1462332[/snapback]

It seriously isn't.

No, they are addicted to the sensation, wich you could even get from sniffing air conditioner.

We aren't discussing whether or not alchohol should be illegal, and Zanax is illegal to use recreationally, so, whats your point? I don't think its a good idea to believe that drug addicts are "responsible"..

Wich drug addicts are these? Marijuana clearly isn't addictive.

From your original statement and then your reply to mine....
No, I said, legalization doesn't cause more people to use the drug.

Then why do i see Tobacco advertisments all over the stores @ 7-11 and in adult magazines...

Then your country has very slack drug laws.

You can get mentally addicted to almost everything.

QUOTE(psychÝ)
Eh........they really don't as they are idiots and it is lucky people like you weren't around when the constitution was drafted, oh wait you were hence all you morons are allowed guns.

No, you're thinking of the American constitution.

Wait so drinking is the anti-christ here, clear contradiction.
Drinking isn't the anti-christ, minors doing drugs is just usually frowned upon.

The whole society is completely different

Not really, Americans are just dumber.

In your opinion, which as shown is normally just a bunch of crap.
Yes, becuase obviously laughing is worse than beating your kids. rolleyes.gif

Clearly, and even if not more the strenght would be greater

Then you're an idiot.

If you had an ounce of intelligence you would realise that Europe is made up of multiple countries with completely different laws and legislation.
If you weren't an idiot, you would understand that the EU would be fucked if one of it's economies completely folded, and the country turned to anarchy. Either way, the point stands, as Holand's society hasn't crumbled.

That isn't true it depends the people you socialise with just cause all your friends are always fucked off their heads on drugs doesn't mean everyone's are.

So you don't know anyone who has ever done any recreational drug other than alcohol?

Hardcore Ottoman
Tell you what Skinny, I'm an American. Do you think I am dumber just for being an American?
Skinny†
QUOTE(King Midas Bitch! @ Sep 2 2008, 11:05 PM) [snapback]1462481[/snapback]
Tell you what Skinny, I'm an American. Do you think I am dumber just for being an American?

No, I think the majority of people in Europe would be smarter than the majortiy of people in America.

QUOTE(DO)

Stop taking what I say out of context. I said people who have no friends wouldn't do it anyway, since doing it alone is no fun. I never said anything about people who simply don't do it.
DiO
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Sep 2 2008, 08:11 AM) [snapback]1462482[/snapback]
QUOTE(DO)

Stop taking what I say out of context. I said people who have no friends wouldn't do it anyway, since doing it alone is no fun. I never said anything about people who simply don't do it.

So I have no friends...That has already been established.
shootthebandit
i think they should legalize and its your own choice if you smoke or not. ive heard theres more risks (short and long-term) with alcohol.

it just causes more problems if its illegal
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.