Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New GTA IV PC Details Plus 10 New Screens
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Site News
OptimumPx
Yesterday at the Leipzig Games Convention Rockstar PR man Steve Hahnel showed off the first details of the upcoming PC port of Grand Theft Auto IV!

Among the information released was:
  • A 30 second replay editor with different camera angle options.
  • New multiplayer options including additional game type filters.
  • A possibly increased number of multiplayer slots.
  • It will be playable with an Xbox 360 controller.
  • A more polished look with smoother animations.

Also released were 10 new screen shots which can all be viewed in our Images Gallery! You can check out the full article from EuroGamer here.

Thanks to §ynch for the heads up!
FuddMan
The graphics ohmy.gif

The draw distance is insane....

Harrop
The PC version better not have extra stuff that the console versions haven't got like they did with Gears of War because that's just fucked up, they should get the same game as us, but I guarantee they will do it so people who already have it will buy it again for the extra stuff, just another way to take more money off us.

Do you think this will be the case?

I also think that the pictures they show us are just false bollocks, because if you look at the one near the river, that makes you think (if you haven't already played IV that is) that you can put body's in cars and shit like they did with the last pics and that just isn't the case, it pisses me off all this false advertising shite!!! angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif
Psy
QUOTE(Quim Boy @ Aug 21 2008, 10:42 AM) [snapback]1460426[/snapback]
The PC version better not have extra stuff that the console versions haven't got like they did with Gears of War because that's just fucked up, they should get the same game as us, but I guarantee they will do it so people who already have it will buy it again for the extra stuff, just another way to take more money off us.

I also think that the pictures they show us are just false bollocks, because if you look at the one near the river, that makes you think (if you haven't already played IV that is) that you can put body's in cars and shit like they did with the last pics and that just isn't the case, it pisses me off all this false advertising shite!!! angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

Well the PC version will have a lot of extra stuff. Replays for one are a fairly big addition, but then there are an unlimited amount of mods and what not. People may even be able to create new gametypes as mods, depending on how much Rockstar are willing to let people create custom content. As for the screenshot of the car with bodies in, it's just a screenshot from the mission for Elizabeta where she needs you to sell some bodies to the doctor. They just drove to the docks and took a screenshot on the pier. I guess it does kind of make it look like you can put bodies in the trunk, but you can't.
DiO
QUOTE(Psy @ Aug 21 2008, 05:51 AM) [snapback]1460435[/snapback]
QUOTE(Quim Boy @ Aug 21 2008, 10:42 AM) [snapback]1460426[/snapback]

Well the PC version will have a lot of extra stuff. Replays for one are a fairly big addition, but then there are an unlimited amount of mods and what not. People may even be able to create new gametypes as mods, depending on how much Rockstar are willing to let people create custom content. As for the screenshot of the car with bodies in, it's just a screenshot from the mission for Elizabeta where she needs you to sell some bodies to the doctor. They just drove to the docks and took a screenshot on the pier. I guess it does kind of make it look like you can put bodies in the trunk, but you can't.

IDK why they do that. Make it look like you can do something when you really can't. It only disappoints people.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Albiskinth4yn3ia @ Aug 21 2008, 10:32 AM) [snapback]1460484[/snapback]
IDK why they do that. Make it look like you can do something when you really can't. It only disappoints people.

But it disappoints people AFTER they drop their $60 on the game. No one is going to return the game because they misinterpreted a picture from a magazine.

It's just like the picture of someone hanging from a helicopter in multiplayer when the game first dropped.

Don't believe the HYPE.
GMT
are these screens pc screens at all?
GTA_Niko
looks great to me, did they release the minimum requirements? I have a feeling I'm going to need an upgrade to play it, being Im only running 512 RAM and SA was slow and choppy.
Mekstizzle
QUOTE(GTA_Niko @ Aug 22 2008, 03:05 AM) [snapback]1460588[/snapback]
looks great to me, did they release the minimum requirements? I have a feeling I'm going to need an upgrade to play it, being Im only running 512 RAM and SA was slow and choppy.

You're gonna need a pretty high end PC to get GTA:4 looking as awesome as it does in those screenshots. But it's not like we weren't expecting a pretty big improvement for the PC version. Just look at GTA:SA on PC (high settings) compared to PS2

Hopefully it will be optimised for all the multi-core/64-bit/multi-GPU/DX10/Vista stuff that's out these days.
TrIgGeR HaPpY
WE have had to wait longer for the pc version, therefor more features should be included, and it will. If they were going to make it exactly the same then they would have released it when the console versions came out, or a nearer date to them. Besides all the other gta's released for pc after the console versions, had the layout of the game different, to make it more suitable for pc users, its going to be a much better game. But i bet all the gaming websites like ign and gamespot, will still give it a lower rating, then their console counterparts just like they did for SA.
6 shooter
I gotta say that the PC version will arive surprisingly - just 7 months following the console release date. When SA came out, I had to wait around 18 months I remember and then at first only the more expensive version (one with the book).
I Made Your Mom In GMod
Disappointing.
Aside from Rockstar's usual screen doctoring nothing has changed graphically.
GMT
QUOTE(I Made the guy who works at the cemetary In GMod @ Aug 26 2008, 05:14 PM) [snapback]1461268[/snapback]
Disappointing.

Do you want them to re-invent GTA4 for the pc release or what? what do you expect? a whole new game that's accidentally called GTA4?
DiO
QUOTE(GMT @ Aug 27 2008, 03:02 PM) [snapback]1461476[/snapback]
QUOTE(I Made the guy who works at the cemetary In GMod @ Aug 26 2008, 05:14 PM) [snapback]1461268[/snapback]
Disappointing.

Do you want them to re-invent GTA4 for the pc release or what? what do you expect? a whole new game that's accidentally called GTA4?

No, he wants it to look better.
DuPz0r
I noticed they took out the blurry (kind of shit) weather system for the screen shots again, to make the draw distance look intense. They did the same thing with the original images. Then we finally play it and the mist..., it makes the game look terrible. And they did the same draw distance thing with the SA pics. Even if the draw distance is that great, it always looks choppy in action anyway.

I'm still gonna get this version though.
shootthebandit
it says that it can be played with XBOX controller

you can use PS3 aswell. there a driver that u install and you just plug it in with ur normal USB charger

anyhoo im not getting it for PC, ive already got on PS3 and i prefer console
ViceMan
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Sep 20 2008, 07:24 PM) [snapback]1465623[/snapback]

you can use PS3 aswell. there a driver that u install and you just plug it in with ur normal USB charger

Aside from the PC versions always being graphically superior (from the looks of those screenshots anyway), the previous games have always run smoother on PC, then you have to consider the modding capabilities. I was going to get it for the PC, but my processor isn't powerful enough, and I can't be arsed to upgrade it, it usually leads to more problems.
shootthebandit
QUOTE(ViceMan @ Sep 20 2008, 07:33 PM) [snapback]1465624[/snapback]
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Sep 20 2008, 07:24 PM) [snapback]1465623[/snapback]

Aside from the PC versions always being graphically superior (from the looks of those screenshots anyway), the previous games have always run smoother on PC, then you have to consider the modding capabilities. I was going to get it for the PC, but my processor isn't powerful enough, and I can't be arsed to upgrade it, it usually leads to more problems.

a blatent lie.

yes it will run EXACTLY THE SAME on PC if your PC is top spec, which generally means £600+ and you can get a console for alot less

i prefer controls on console and the lack of installing and needless waiting. im not bothered bout graphics (theyre amazing on PS3 anyway, not to mention im running on SD) i dont care bout modding either.

i guess im just a console fanboy. IMO if you want to game, buy something that is designed to play games.
Hitman540
eh, i'll just stick with the 360 version. can't wait for the DLC.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.