Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mirror's Edge
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
Harrop
Has anyone seen this yet, if so what do you think?

I think it looks pretty good, definitely original, nothing else really like it on the market at the minute (or ever I don't think).
EvoZ
Yeah I've seen the trailers and the E3 preview, Looks interesting and definitely original would be a change from the shooting games. The physics and graphics look cool too!. I may probably get it.
DiO
Looks fantastic. EA is actually making good shit now. Well, its all dice but still.
aussie_b8ler
From what i've seen it's all run, run, jump, grab something red, run some more. it is very unique but i don't know how much fun it will be. i will definately rent it just to check it out.
I Made Your Mom In GMod
This game gives me hope there is still innovation left in the games industry.
DuPz0r
I agree with aussie, it seems a kind of boring concept. Run, jump, grab a red pole, swing to a blue skyscraper, then get to the next point. i need to find out more about it (if there is any more to it) before i can really judge it.
DiO
QUOTE(aussie_b8ler @ Aug 20 2008, 02:59 PM) [snapback]1460330[/snapback]
From what i've seen it's all run, run, jump, grab something red, run some more. it is very unique but i don't know how much fun it will be. i will definately rent it just to check it out.

With this thought process I could say CoD4 is just point and shoot. Ohh, that sounds boring. No to mention I've seen FPS shooting in the game as well. Also some hand fighting.
Sharpie Fetish
QUOTE(aussie_b8ler @ Aug 20 2008, 08:59 PM) [snapback]1460330[/snapback]

The Red is called Runner (you)s Hue its what you can climb on so your not jumping about on one building for half an hour looking for where to go
Ex-PS Fanboy
i've seen a few of the trailers, it looks intresting, but i don't fully understand what it's about, or what the gameplay is like, i'll probably look up some more info later on.
DiO
QUOTE(PS FANBOY @ Aug 21 2008, 05:50 PM) [snapback]1460560[/snapback]
i've seen a few of the trailers, it looks intresting, but i don't fully understand what it's about, or what the gameplay is like, i'll probably look up some more info later on.

QUOTE(ign)
Mirror's Edge introduces players to Faith, a "runner" in a world where communication channels are highly monitored and the movement of human traffic is closely watched. When Faith's sister gets framed for a murder she did not commit, Faith finds herself on the edge of the city, on the wrong side of the law.

Mirror's Edge delivers players straight into the shoes of this modern day heroine as she traverses the vertigo-inducing cityscape, engaging in intense combat, fast-paced chases and challenging puzzles. With a never-before-seen sense of movement and perspective, players are drawn into Faith's world.

So basicially the best way to transfer secret infromation without getting caught is using the "runners" because they escape the moderation on the roof tops.
EvoZ
From what I here its has some amount of difficulty to it, Its not just run and jump you have to plan and time your moves otherwise you just drop down to painful death. IMO Its definitely a good game to fall back on after hours of CoD4 and Gta4 or just for relaxing, I'm guessing the gameplay will be similar to Assassins creed scaling part or in that line.
ENVi3
demo today, apparently:
QUOTE(http://n4g.com/News-204376.aspx)
Digital Gamers reports that the Mirror Edge demo will hit today for both the PSN and XboxLive.

I'll be checking it out. .... this game has looked kinda interesting.
DiO
QUOTE(X_ENVi3-_- @ Sep 25 2008, 08:38 AM) [snapback]1466203[/snapback]
demo today, apparently:
QUOTE(http://n4g.com/News-204376.aspx)
Digital Gamers reports that the Mirror Edge demo will hit today for both the PSN and XboxLive.

I'll be checking it out. .... this game has looked kinda interesting.

Woh! Can't wait for that.
ENVi3
it was just some confusion. http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/2228/...-released-today
no demo (yet?)
DiO
I was disappointed when I didn't see it up. sad.gif
ENVi3
now here's something saying November 6
http://thatgamingsite.com/2008/09/mirrors-...omes-out-nov-6/
Harrop
You get an Exclusive Demo Time Trial Mode Unlock Code if you pre-order this from Play.com.

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/34329...ge/Product.html

I'm not getting this ill be to busy playing Gears of War 2 , I jsut thought I'd let you all know in case any of you are thinking of getting this.
ENVi3
well, according to this, http://www.dpadmagazine.com/2008/10/29/mir...oming-tomorrow/ , the demo is tomorrow
Harrop
http://www.n4g.com/gaming/News-223509.aspx

PS3 - 30/10/08

360 - 31/10/08
Indy
Cannot wait to play the demo tomorrow, looks awesome, I didn't even know much about this game until yesterday.
DiO
So is the demo actually going to come out this time of is it a load of BS?
Indy
I dunno, I just read the articles on the internets. Hopefully i'll be playing it tomorrow, it looks really fun.
Pieface
Don't Demo's only come out on Tuesdays?
DiO
The demo is out. The PS store updates on thursdays. Its fucking awesome.
Indy
I played the demo and it was awesome! Is the game open world? Or is it mission structured?
ENVi3
this game looks pretty interesting and the demo was ok.
not sure i would spend $60 on this ... maybe this is a good rental.
Harrop
QUOTE(X_ENVi3-_- @ Nov 1 2008, 03:16 PM) [snapback]1470498[/snapback]
This game looks pretty interesting and the demo was pretty good.
Not sure I would spend 40 on this... maybe this is a good rental.

Sharpie Fetish
QUOTE(Quim Boy @ Nov 3 2008, 02:07 PM) [snapback]1470616[/snapback]

Not enough shooting, headshots and blood?
Harrop
QUOTE(Sharpie Fetish @ Nov 4 2008, 09:16 PM) [snapback]1470739[/snapback]

No it's not because of that, at all, I'm the one who started this topic so how do you work that out?!

The reason is because it looks really repetitive and easy and there's not much of a story and the other reason is because there's just too many other games coming out that I'm going to be playing.

Although I'm buying a new 360 soon and the deal is you get FIFA 09 and a choice between this and NFS: Undercover free, so I don't which one to get, which would you guys choose out of the two?
Indy
Personally this, but only because I don't particularly like racing games.
DiO
QUOTE(Quim Boy @ Nov 5 2008, 05:34 AM) [snapback]1470793[/snapback]

No it's not because of that, at all, I'm the one who started this topic so how do you work that out?!

The reason is because it looks really repetitive and easy and there's not much of a story and the other reason is because there's just too many other games coming out that I'm going to be playing.

Although I'm buying a new 360 soon and the deal is you get FIFA 09 and a choice between this and NFS: Undercover free, so I don't which one to get, which would you guys choose out of the two?

I heard the game was supposed to be hard as hell.
Sharpie Fetish
QUOTE(Distruckshun-OvardriEv @ Nov 5 2008, 06:48 PM) [snapback]1470837[/snapback]
QUOTE(Quim Boy @ Nov 5 2008, 05:34 AM) [snapback]1470793[/snapback]

I heard the game was supposed to be hard as hell.

Its challenging to say the least. Its been leaked on the internet (360 edition (both ntsc and pal)) and my friend has it and its one kickass game

@Harrop
Get mirrors edge NFS: Undercover is no doubt going to be shite .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.