Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Geek Central
Ex-PS Fanboy
My playstation died!

i was just on it 3 seconds ago checking the playstation store for new content, and as i left the store there was a clicking noise, (just like the sound when you flick a light switch) then the thing just shut off, the red light isn't on, i turned the switch off then on again, nothing, i also checked if it was the socket, but i pluged my TV into it and it worked just fine, and nothing surged in my room either.

so does anyone have any idea what could be the problem?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

there goes my right to say "playstations almost never break down"
FrankCastle
Your number one stop should be Sony's site. Look through their troubleshooting section and try to contact them if you can't come up with any answers.

PS. Sorry for stating the obvious.
Ex-PS Fanboy
currently doing that, just wondering if anyone has tips for me

well, nothings coming up, give me some ideas what could be wrong
Sharpie Fetish
Did you have an electrical storm anytime before?

My friends was plugged in when a storm stated lightning blew his fuses and his tv and radios and stuff were fine ps3 was fried
Pieface
Try a different plug, mine was like this, then I put it into a separate plug and it worked fine.
Ophis-
Check the plugs fuse too. use another fuse in it that you know that works.
TheAnalogKid2112
Didn't he already say he tested the plug?
Ophis-
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Aug 14 2008, 02:23 PM) [snapback]1459426[/snapback]
Didn't he already say he tested the plug?

QUOTE(PS FANBOY @ Aug 14 2008, 12:20 AM) [snapback]1459349[/snapback]
i also checked if it was the socket

No.

Harrop
Put it in the bin and buy a 360, Lol OJ I'm just winding the fanboys up!!! happy.gif
asthenia
QUOTE(Harrop @ Aug 14 2008, 04:37 PM) [snapback]1459442[/snapback]
Put it in the bin and buy a 360, Lol OJ I'm just winding the fanboys up!!! happy.gif

And replace the 360 every 2 weeks, Lol OJ I'm just winding the fanboys up!!! happy.gif
Harrop
QUOTE(tl.Gunslinger @ Aug 14 2008, 04:59 PM) [snapback]1459446[/snapback]

And replace the 360 every 2 weeks, Lol OJ I'm just winding the fanboys up!!! happy.gif

You're defo a fanboy, you can't stand someone taking the piss out of your beloved glorified Blu-Ray player! JOKER BOY !!!
asthenia
QUOTE(Harrop @ Aug 15 2008, 12:58 PM) [snapback]1459537[/snapback]
QUOTE(tl.Gunslinger @ Aug 14 2008, 04:59 PM) [snapback]1459446[/snapback]

You're defo a fanboy, you can't stand someone taking the piss out of your beloved glorified Blu-Ray player! JOKER BOY !!!

......a fanboy with an xBox 360 Elite and a PS3? Never dun' herd o'dat befoar.

huh.gif fap.gif
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE(Sharpie Fetish @ Aug 14 2008, 12:11 AM) [snapback]1459355[/snapback]

My friends was plugged in when a storm stated lightning blew his fuses and his tv and radios and stuff were fine ps3 was fried

we've been having alot of thunderstorms lately, but when it died there were no power surges or blackouts, i've also checked the plug and power cord nothing, anyway i'm takin it to get it looked at, if it is broken it's still under warranty so im covered
DiO
QUOTE(PS FANBOY @ Aug 15 2008, 03:35 PM) [snapback]1459612[/snapback]

we've been having alot of thunderstorms lately, but when it died there were no power surges or blackouts, i've also checked the plug and power cord nothing, anyway i'm takin it to get it looked at, if it is broken it's still under warranty so im covered

We've had power serges over here. Shit, next thunderstorm im unpluging my PS3.
Sharpie Fetish
QUOTE(Albiskinth4yn3ia @ Aug 15 2008, 09:47 PM) [snapback]1459627[/snapback]
QUOTE(PS FANBOY @ Aug 15 2008, 03:35 PM) [snapback]1459612[/snapback]

We've had power serges over here. Shit, next thunderstorm im unpluging my PS3.

Whats even worse is it was only a small storm the rain was only a little and the thunder and lightning didnt strike much
FrankCastle
Was it plugged into a surge protector? If not, then you should invest in one so this doesn't happen to your next one.
Sharpie Fetish
Nope wired straight into the socket

why would it fry his ps3 but not anything else
FrankCastle
Yeah... that's what I was thinking too. If it was lightning you would have known it for sure. It wouldn't have been a clicking sounds as described. There would have probably been a loud sound and some smoke involved. All your devices definitely would have been fried. Even so, a surge protector is a good investment.
Ex-PS Fanboy
we'll it's completely fucked, so i hade to get a replacement, i think i may invest in a surge protector, but without a doubt i'm making a backup disc this time, since i accidentally deleted all game data once. so this is going to be the THIRD time i have to beat all my games again.

i also really wanna know what was wrong with it, it made a clicking sound before it died, i hope someone knows what that could be?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.