Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A2/AS/GCSE Grades
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Pieface
Well over the next couple of weeks people are gonna start getting their grades, so if you wanna post them, why not?

Mine come tomorrow for AS Levels,can't wait to fail!
Ophis-
Im past all this now, but i have alot of mates completely shitin' it for tomorrow... all i can say is, no sweat.. youve already done everything you can (i hope) and the grade wont change now!

Good Luck to all though.
FuddMan
I'll be getting my A2s tomorrow. Definitely haven't done as well as I did last year (not that it was the brilliant anyway) but I'm hoping I've done enough to get to Uni. I've got no idea what to do if I don't get the grades.
Indy
Clearance ftw.

I seriously can't be arsed to catch the bus to college.
FuddMan
I just checked the UCAS tracking website and I'm off to uni next year biggrin.gif Now I don't really care about my results, but we're going to have a nice party anyway happy.gif
Pieface
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Aug 14 2008, 08:39 AM) [snapback]1459384[/snapback]
I just checked the UCAS tracking website and I'm off to uni next year biggrin.gif Now I don't really care about my results, but we're going to have a nice party anyway happy.gif

First Choice? Well done, I have to go and collect mine in about 40 minutes.

EDIT: Just got them

Geography - C
IT Applied - C
History - E ( Got a C C U in modules, so one resit)

Dead happy =D
Pecnut
A round of applause for everyone who's worked for their GCSEs or A(S) levels this year... I hope you've got the grades you wanted. Claps to Pief and Duff.

After shitting bricks last night over it, I've got 5 As this morning in my A-levels (Maths, Further Maths, Economics, Physics, General Studies) which, obviously, is nice.

So I'm off to university in London next year, maybe I'll see some of you around... pec.gif
Pieface
QUOTE(Pecnut @ Aug 14 2008, 11:12 AM) [snapback]1459397[/snapback]
A round of applause for everyone who's worked for their GCSEs or A(S) levels this year... I hope you've got the grades you wanted. Claps to Pief and Duff.

After shitting bricks last night over it, I've got 5 As this morning in my A-levels (Maths, Further Maths, Economics, Physics, General Studies) which, obviously, is nice.

So I'm off to university in London next year, maybe I'll see some of you around... pec.gif

Cheers and Well Done, but come on Pec, General Studies? Does your Uni even accept it? tongue.gif

And why didn't you apply for Oxford or Cambridge? Or you going to Kings?
Mekstizzle
Pec if you're not going to Ox..bridge, then what's the point

(I just want you to stay oot of london mad.gif)

Nah I'm kidding, awesome result there pezza
Indy
Maths- B
Biology- A
Chemistry- A
Geography- A

I'm disappointed with Maths, I thought I would get an A, but I fucked one of my exams, meh.

Oh and B in general studies, muthafuckers refused to agree with my ethical arguments.
gingergenius
QUOTE(Pecnut @ Aug 14 2008, 11:12 AM) [snapback]1459397[/snapback]

fuck me thats good.

French = A
English = A
Politics = B

missed an A in politics by a few marks, pissed.... but not bad overall
Indy
i fucking hate opening the results letter. Congrats to everyone.
Sharpie Fetish
QUOTE(BRING YOUR DAUGHTER TO THE SLOBB @ Aug 14 2008, 11:40 AM) [snapback]1459402[/snapback]
Maths- B
Biology- A
Chemistry- A
Geography- A

I'm disappointed with Maths, I thought I would get an A, but I fucked one of my exams, meh.

Oh and B in general studies, muthafuckers refused to agree with my ethical arguments.

B's still a pass right? and you dont have to resit it
Pecnut
@ VanHS: *applause*. Nicely done. Was it C4? Much harder paper than usual, but you should've seen FP2. Dear God... I only did 40% of the paper and that got bumped up to 80% UMS.... Or are you doing AS? I forget. Also, I reckon GS was marked bloody harshly this year. Quite a few people got B's at my school.

@ Pief: No, GS doesn't count towards any of my uni offers, but it still looks good wink.gif

@ Mek/Pief: Well you can only choose Oxford or Cambridge, I preferred Cambridge, but I want to read maths, and getting into Cambridge for maths is like impossibly hard, and there was no way I'm good enough for that! I'm going to UCL (which, dammit, is better than King's! wink.gif)

@gingergenius: I'd rather not, but thanks anyway pec.gif
CutThatCity
Dissapointed with mine, A Psychology, D Biology and chemistry

I blame the release of GTA4...
FuddMan
Psychology - A - great after my C for AS
Human Biology - C - disappointing, but the coursework marking scheme meant I got a U for it, which really hurt my final grade
Maths - C - better than I expected. I struggled with C3 and C4 so badly. If it wasn't for my B in M1 I would've got the D or E I was expecting.

So all in all, could have done better, but I'm going where I want to go so it's almost irrelevant now.
asthenia
Congrats all! thumbup.gif

Zen
I get mine next week. Yes, I've only just finished my GCSE's tongue.gif
shootthebandit
i got my results for the scottish equivelent of GCSE.

A. maths, physics, history, french, maths

B. chemistry, computing, P.E

C. woodwork

im pleased with my results. ive just got to england so ill be doing my AS soon. ive got history, maths, chemistry and physics to look forward too.
Zen
Herro.

5 B's, 5 C's and a D..

I feel like the grading for my Media is wrong since I've had at least 3 A/A* Graded pieces of coursework and it only ended up as a C.. Kinda happy though.

Apart from the D which was for statistics which I didn't want to take, because here's the kicker, I didn't want a D on my result sheet..
Indy
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Aug 16 2008, 11:25 PM) [snapback]1459725[/snapback]

C. woodwork

im pleased with my results. ive just got to england so ill be doing my AS soon. ive got history, maths, chemistry and physics to look forward too.

Instead of history, do Biology/Geography or ICT. It will give you more options, if you're intending on studying science at degree lvl.
shootthebandit
QUOTE(IndĽ @ Aug 21 2008, 01:27 PM) [snapback]1460456[/snapback]
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Aug 16 2008, 11:25 PM) [snapback]1459725[/snapback]

C. woodwork

Instead of history, do Biology/Geography or ICT. It will give you more options, if you're intending on studying science at degree lvl.

nah! i didnt do biology or geography at school. plus im quite intersted in history

ICT is balls, i done computing last year and its a step-down from that.

i dont wanna do science as a degree, i wanna join the RAF, hopefully as a pilot (like everyone else) but if thats not possible, an engineer would be nice.

Indy
I see, my friends becoming a pilot in the RAF, you could take the easy option and choose crappy subjects like Media Studies as the RAF accept any A-level passes. In fact, you only need 2 A levels. But I guess you should stick with what you enjoy, though you're probably gonna hate any science at A-lvl.
shootthebandit
QUOTE(IndĽ @ Aug 21 2008, 11:25 PM) [snapback]1460556[/snapback]
I see, my friends becoming a pilot in the RAF, you could take the easy option and choose crappy subjects like Media Studies as the RAF accept any A-level passes. In fact, you only need 2 A levels. But I guess you should stick with what you enjoy, though you're probably gonna hate any science at A-lvl.

nah, i know what i wanna do.

if i go down the route of crappy subjects. the RAF gets lots of applicants so if ive got more "recognised" subject then im more likely to get selected
Indy
Just don't shoot yourself in the foot. BTW, are you in the aircadets?
shootthebandit
QUOTE(IndĽ @ Aug 27 2008, 09:14 PM) [snapback]1461482[/snapback]
are you in the aircadets?

yeah!
Pieface
Bump this up for later in the morning. Just want my results nowwww.
FuddMan
Good luck everyone... but I think it's just you this year, Pieface...
Pieface
Indy as well I believe.
Pieface
Ace! Got in!

Congratulations! Your place at University of Central Lancashire (C30) to study Computer Games Development (G451) has been confirmed.

EDIT: Grades

History - D (Did awful at A2 exams)
ICT - C
Geography - C
Kuwong
you took them twice? whut? i dont fucking get this higher education bullshit. load of fucking toss is what it is.
Marney1
QUOTE(Pieface @ Aug 20 2009, 07:37 AM) [snapback]1518765[/snapback]
Ace! Got in!

Congratulations! Your place at University of Central Lancashire (C30) to study Computer Games Development (G451) has been confirmed.

ICT - C
Geography - C

Well done Pieface. wink.gif
Pieface
QUOTE(Kuwong @ Aug 20 2009, 01:19 PM) [snapback]1518786[/snapback]
you took them twice? whut? i dont fucking get this higher education bullshit. load of fucking toss is what it is.

I resat two exams out of around 12. You sit AS exams, and then A2 exams. Different levels.
FuddMan
Ace! Got in!

ICT - C
Geography - C

Yeah but who gives a fuck. You're through. Well done biggrin.gif
Pieface
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Aug 20 2009, 01:52 PM) [snapback]1518790[/snapback]
Ace! Got in!

ICT - C
Geography - C

Yeah but who gives a fuck. You're through. Well done biggrin.gif

Cheers. Only like 3 weeks till I move in, gotta get everything sorted! lol.
Indy
Got into Manchester! Maaan i'm gonna get fucking smashed now smile.gif

Biology (A2) - A
Chemistry (A2) - A
Maths (A2) - A

and last years Geography (AS) - A
Pieface
I'm off to get smashed in a couple of hours.
Kuwong
bloody A level students only get pissed upon passing. A blue collar man like me gets drunk every night. It's the life I lead.
Pieface
And lead no aspirations in life except to live off the dole and become the lowest form of society?
Kuwong
no I work for a living, I just eat economy food and can't afford much. Doesn't even bother me, I like economy food, it tastes good. And as I've said elsewhere:

Even the most advanced and intelligent civilization still needs someone to clean the shitters.

So go ahead having aspirations in life, not everyone who doesn't have a college/university education instantly goes on the dole forever and lives in council houses. Besides, I find it oh so more satisfying when some of you people are out one hundred grand in debt and still out of work, thus working alongside me in sainsburys.

TheAnalogKid2112
Congrats to both Pie and Indy.
Marney1
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Aug 20 2009, 09:25 PM) [snapback]1518846[/snapback]
Congrats to both Pie and Indy.

Here Here! clap.gif
DuPz0r
I got a Triple Grade Distinction Distinction Distinction in a National Diploma - Fine Art and Illustration which is the highest possible grade. So i'm pretty happy. I got my predicted grades, so i have my secured place at the University of Hertfordshire doing 3D Games Art and Animation. biggrin.gif

And congratulations to everyone else that passed.
Marney1
QUOTE(DuPz0r @ Aug 20 2009, 10:34 PM) [snapback]1518854[/snapback]
I got a Triple Grade Distinction Distinction Distinction in a National Diploma - Fine Art and Illustration which is the highest possible grade. So i'm pretty happy. I got my predicted grades, so i have my secured place at the University of Hertfordshire doing 3D Games Art and Animation. biggrin.gif

University should a breeze for you then, well done.
DuPz0r
QUOTE(marney1 @ Aug 20 2009, 10:40 PM) [snapback]1518855[/snapback]
QUOTE(DuPz0r @ Aug 20 2009, 10:34 PM) [snapback]1518854[/snapback]

University should a breeze for you then, well done.

Yeah hopefully. It is something i really enjoy doing on a day to day basis. So at least i get to do something in life i enjoy, and hopefully I'll get an enjoyable career out of it.
Zacko
Just to drag this back up.

History - D (Just me or did no bastards get above a C in this? No one that I know anyway and I'd say we were a pretty good group overall...)
English - B
Media (lolol) - A

I shall be inflicting myself onto UWE next year to do History and Film.
Pieface
QUOTE(Zackoh @ Aug 27 2009, 03:08 AM) [snapback]1519764[/snapback]

History - D (Just me or did no bastards get above a C in this? No one that I know anyway and I'd say we were a pretty good group overall...)
English - B
Media (lolol) - A

Enjoy going to the same Uni as Franny, he's doing Law there.
Zacko
QUOTE(Pieface @ Aug 28 2009, 09:36 PM) [snapback]1519997[/snapback]

English - B
Media (lolol) - A

blush.gif
Fran
QUOTE(Zackoh @ Aug 29 2009, 02:12 PM) [snapback]1520017[/snapback]

English - B
Media (lolol) - A

blush.gif

biggrin.gif ahh bristols full of chavs, have fun! i'm used to it by now
Skinny 
QUOTE(Ass & Titties Committee @ Aug 29 2009, 11:26 PM) [snapback]1520018[/snapback]
QUOTE(Zackoh @ Aug 29 2009, 02:12 PM) [snapback]1520017[/snapback]

English - B
Media (lolol) - A

blush.gif

biggrin.gif ahh bristols full of chavs, have fun! i'm used to it by now

I thought you gave up on education?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.