Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Naked Truth
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Political & World Issues
Skinny 
Link.

Kiss my ass, religious tits. smile.gif This movie really shows the illeginimacy of the Jesus story, and alot of other modern religions.
Screw Loose
Alright, as usual, it is the acts in the name of religion that have been pointed out, and religion itself is getting blamed. Sure, corruption and selfishness are prevalent in religion, is it because of the religion? No, it's the fault of the selfish bastard who is using religion as a tool to carry out his selfish/malicious deeds, such as beheadings of women for driving. The people in charge should be to blame, not religion. I bet if Allah was actually there, he wouldn't like the idea of women gettin decapitated for driving. The crooks that use religion for their own selfish purposes are to blame, not religion itself. Dem n.iggaz gotta Practice what they Preach , if they did that, corruption would be non-existant in religion

Al Quaida... NOT true Muslims. They practice an extreme and innaccurate form of Islam. They are perfect examples of f.aggots that use religion as a tool to do their dirty work. Stuff like that has been happening for centuries. Who do you blame? The Religion itself? Or the pricks using religion for selfish purposes? What does logic tell you?

Look, if religion didn't exist, it would still be just as fucked up. Look at politics, that have nothing to do with religion, they are still just as greedy, corrupt, and greasy as those who used religion to fulfill a disgusting purpose. If we got rid of religion, it wouldn't be any better.

Also, Horus and Set, and Jesus and Satan, can't be compared, because there are records from philosophers, writers, and historians showed that Jesus was in fact a real person. He led a perfectly virtuous life (and built houses and stuff) and healed people, and started Christianity (which i'm sure wasn't originally meant to become a religion like Buddhism was) and Pilate saw this as Heresy, and had him executed. I'd LOVE to see what part of Egyptian mythology that can be compared to. It also seems like all those 'facts' those brits were spewing out seemed a little manufactured to fit their purposes... I want to know what their sources were for their information

Set is seen as a Supreme Ruler, god of Deserts and storms, while Satan is seen as a rebel that preached individualism and independancy from god (do some research) among some other evil shit. Horus wasn't seen as a savior, but as the War God and the Hunter and is represented by the Falcon. Can you find any relation to Jesus? Yeah, neither could I. All those facts the brits in the vid shit out seem like little coincidental 'facts' that they took out of proprotion just to fit their purposes. Just another conspiracy theory.

Also, i encourage you to read the LaVeyan book of Satanism, and see how Similar Satanism and basic Atheism are. Satanists are basically Atheists that have philosophies (not really a religion, it's more philosophical than religious). They only use Satan as a Symbol to shun Christianity. Also, there is evidence that the Red Sea could have been parted at one time, if that means anything. I really dislike censors.
Hardcore Ottoman
So far there are actually no secular accounts of Jesus that prove anything that he did. Nothing (the accounts by Josephus are criticized for its apparent alteration that shows a style not that of Josephus himself). He may have existed, but the many anomalies that he supposedly brought about suggest simple astronomy and astrology. The stories written in the Bible were centuries afterward and were not written by Jesus. What Jesus was, was a tyrant who wanted to be the king of Israel. That's it. The rest of it is based on previous stories that this documentary glosses over somewhat.
Skinny 
QUOTE(Screw Loose @ Aug 16 2008, 11:09 PM) [snapback]1459679[/snapback]
Alright, as usual, it is the acts in the name of religion that have been pointed out, and religion itself is getting blamed. Sure, corruption and selfishness are prevalent in religion, is it because of the religion? No, it's the fault of the selfish bastard who is using religion as a tool to carry out his selfish/malicious deeds, such as beheadings of women for driving. The people in charge should be to blame, not religion. I bet if Allah was actually there, he wouldn't like the idea of women gettin decapitated for driving. The crooks that use religion for their own selfish purposes are to blame, not religion itself. Dem n.iggaz gotta Practice what they Preach , if they did that, corruption would be non-existant in religion

Al Quaida... NOT true Muslims. They practice an extreme and innaccurate form of Islam. They are perfect examples of f.aggots that use religion as a tool to do their dirty work. Stuff like that has been happening for centuries. Who do you blame? The Religion itself? Or the pricks using religion for selfish purposes? What does logic tell you?

Good lord, have you even read a passage in the Qu'ran?
Qur'an:8:39 Fight them until all opposition ends and all submit to Allah.
Qur'an:8:67 It is not fitting for any prophet to have prisoners until he has made a great slaughter in the land.
Qur'an 8:12 I will terrorize the unbelievers...Strike off their heads and cut off each of their fingers and toes.
Qur'an 9:5 Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, torture them, and lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war.
Al Queda, the Taliban and the Saudi government are very true Muslims.

Look, if religion didn't exist, it would still be just as fucked up. Look at politics, that have nothing to do with religion, they are still just as greedy, corrupt, and greasy as those who used religion to fulfill a disgusting purpose. If we got rid of religion, it wouldn't be any better.
Without religion there would have been no Spanish Inquisition, no Crusades, no thousand year old war in Israel, no Al Queda etc.

Also, Horus and Set, and Jesus and Satan, can't be compared, because there are records from philosophers, writers, and historians showed that Jesus was in fact a real person. He led a perfectly virtuous life (and built houses and shit) and healed people, and started Christianity (which i'm sure wasn't originally meant to become a religion like Buddhism was) and Pilate saw this as Heresy, and had him executed.

Actually, no. I'm afraid there is no non-biblical source for Jesus having ever been alive.

It also seems like all those 'facts' those brits were spewing out seemed a little manufactured to fit their purposes... I want to know what their sources were for their information
They provided sources, look them up.

Set is seen as a Supreme Ruler, god of Deserts and storms, while Satan is seen as a rebel that preached individualism and independancy from god (do some research) among some other evil shit.

They sound similar, and Set is the ruler of the underworld, while Satan rules over hell.

Can you find any relation to Jesus?
You mean like their name, the shepards rod, the similar stories etc.

Just another conspiracy theory.

Actually, religion sounds more like a conspiracy theory, given that there is no supporting evidence, and the preachers of these death cults, ignore all contradicting evidence.

Also, i encourage you to read the LaVeyan book of Satanism, and see how Similar Satanism and basic Atheism are.
No, Satanists worship satan, while Atheists believe in logical explanations, and using fact, complex reason and research to explain the universe, in place of the fairy tales used in past centuries.

Also, there is evidence that the Red Sea could have been parted at one time, if that means anything. I really dislike censors.

There is also evidence that the Israelites left egypt, and maybe the sea was dried up. No reason magic fairy powers were used. People can't part seas, sorry.
Screw Loose

Qur'an:8:67 It is not fitting for any prophet to have prisoners until he has made a great slaughter in the land.
Qur'an 8:12 I will terrorize the unbelievers...Strike off their heads and cut off each of their fingers and toes.
Qur'an 9:5 Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, torture them, and lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war.

Those relate to war, and war only. It is a helpful tactic to see the opposition as "non-beleivers" to help soldiers fight them, even if they really arent non-beleivers. So, calling them "disbeleivers" is a good example of that, because wars fought in that area were often between groups of the same faith. For the most part, Bin Laden twists the Qur'an for his own purposes by only citing violent passages, instead of the many, many peaceful ones. Muslim scholars around the world are disgusted by Bin Laden. The only violence in it have to do with war, while the rest of the Qur'an preach peace and brotherly love and living a moral life.

Qur'an 4:90 Exempted are those who join people with whom you have signed a peace treaty, and those who come to you wishing not to fight you, nor fight their relatives. Had GOD willed, He could have permitted them to fight against you. Therefore, if they leave you alone, refrain from fighting you, and offer you peace, then GOD does not allow you to harm them.

"If they refrain from fighting you and wish for peace, you should do the same"

Qur'an 60:08 Allah forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for Allah loveth those who are just.

Haha, this one actually encourages you to have a peaceful relationship with non-muslims. Regardless of their faith, if they are just, be just to them.

Qur'an 22:56 All sovereignty on that day belongs to GOD, and He will judge among them. As for those who believe and lead a righteous life, they have deserved the gardens of bliss.

So, like all the parts of the Qur'an that don't refer to war, this one encourages you to lead a virtuous life, as well as (obviously) beleive. That passage is about as far from violent as you can get. Most of the Qur'an is peaceful, the violent bits are for war, and war only. Bin Laden is a perfect example of what i was talking about. I repeat, Muslim scholars from every edge of the globe are disgusted at Bin Laden's manipulation of the Qur'an to have his cronies do his dirty deeds because of his blind hate for the western world.

Also, i found these particular passages pretty funny, and i'm not even Muslim...

Qur'an 22:8 Among the people there is the one who argues about GOD without knowledge, and without guidance, and without an enlightening scripture.

Qur'an 22:9 Arrogantly he strives to divert the people from the path of GOD. He thus incurs humiliation in this life, and we commit him on the Day of Resurrection to the agony of burning.

The Qur'an just called you a dumbshit trying to undermine people's beleifs.

Also, the Qur'an states that Muslims are never allowed to initiate conflict, whether religous or not, which is exactly what Bin Laden did to the United States. Bin Laden just sinned and went against his own religion, and is now using the Qur'an for his own evil purposes. I don't think that is what Allah had in mind buddy. My statement holds true.

Without religion there would have been no Spanish Inquisition, no Crusades, no thousand year old war in Israel, no Al Queda etc.
Again, you're blaming religion for the acts of a bunch of selfish pricks that wrongly used their religion as a tool to justify their digusting actions. I gurantee you, God never wanted a bunch of diseased spaniards to infect and kill the residents of South America, nor does God want people converted unwillfully. As a Christian, i have read many passages that preach respect towards non-Christians, just as the Qur'an has. Those dirty-ass "Catholics" just manipulated their power to achieve their disgusting goals.

Actually, no. I'm afraid there is no non-biblical source for Jesus having ever been alive.

I can't convince you, do your own research as i have.

They sound similar, and Set is the ruler of the underworld, while Satan rules over hell.
Oh, so they sound similar. I gurantee you, the ancient Egyptians did NOT speak english, who knows what "Set" sounds like in their language. Just because one or two letters are in both doesn't mean theres a connection.

BTW, ANUBIS was the ruler of the underworld. Set was a supreme ruler alongisde Ra.

You mean like their name, the shepards rod, the similar stories etc.

Again, early Christians didn't speak English, and neither did ancient Egyptians. Who knows what sort of goofy-ass accents they could've had as well. Just because they sound similar, does not mean theres a relation. "HOLY SHIT, HALF A SYLLABLE SOUNDS REMOTELY SIMILAR TO THIS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ONE"

Also, since many people of Pagan origin were converted to Christianity, and there were Christians whom had ancient paganism related to the culture of their country, couple that with the fact that we have NO FIRST-HAND SOURCES, it is easy to see where these similarities may have come from and how little we might know about it. We weren't fuckin there. Horus is most commonly represented by the Falcon as well, i don't remember Jesus being represented or related to any sort of creature from the raptor family.

No, Satanists worship satan, while Atheists believe in logical explanations, and using fact, complex reason and research to explain the universe, in place of the fairy tales used in past centuries.

You haven't looked into it. I hate to sound like Psycho, but i'll say you are "talking out of your ass". There is theistic Satanism and laveyan satanism. Laveyan is pretty much a philosophical form of atheism while theistic satanism is pretty much what you described: they worship satan blindly. Laveyan satanists just use satan as a symbol of their anti-christian views.
Skinny 
QUOTE(Screw Loose @ Aug 17 2008, 09:31 PM) [snapback]1459801[/snapback]

Those relate to war, and war only. It is a helpful tactic to see the opposition as "non-beleivers" to help soldiers fight them, even if they really arent non-beleivers. So, calling them "disbeleivers" is a good example of that, because wars fought in that area were often between groups of the same faith. For the most part, Bin Laden twists the Qur'an for his own purposes by only citing violent passages, instead of the many, many peaceful ones. Muslim scholars around the world are disgusted by Bin Laden. The only violence in it have to do with war, while the rest of the Qur'an preach peace and brotherly love and living a moral life.

Did you even read them?

Qur'an 4:90 Exempted are those who join people with whom you have signed a peace treaty, and those who come to you wishing not to fight you, nor fight their relatives. Had GOD willed, He could have permitted them to fight against you. Therefore, if they leave you alone, refrain from fighting you, and offer you peace, then GOD does not allow you to harm them.

This reffers to peace with those who have embraced the Muslim faith.

Qur'an 60:08 Allah forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for Allah loveth those who are just.

Haha, this one actually encourages you to have a peaceful relationship with non-muslims. Regardless of their faith, if they are just, be just to them.

Then it contradicts itself, and is more retarded than I thought.

Qur'an 22:8 Among the people there is the one who argues about GOD without knowledge, and without guidance, and without an enlightening scripture.

Qur'an 22:9 Arrogantly he strives to divert the people from the path of GOD. He thus incurs humiliation in this life, and we commit him on the Day of Resurrection to the agony of burning.

The Qur'an just called you a dumbshit trying to undermine people's beleifs.

You do know the Qu'ran was written by a pedophile, right?

Also, the Qur'an states that Muslims are never allowed to initiate conflict, whether religous or not, which is exactly what Bin Laden did to the United States. Bin Laden just sinned and went against his own religion, and is now using the Qur'an for his own evil purposes. I don't think that is what Allah had in mind buddy. My statement holds true.
As usual, you are wrong. Bin Laden began planning the attacks on 9/11 and the attacks on American embasies in North Africa, after the Bush Sr. and Bill Clinton administrations attacked his countries. Everything Bin Laden has done was justified by the Qu'ran.

nor does God want people converted unwillfully.

Again, I direct you to this passage.

I can't convince you, do your own research as i have.
The only historians speaking on Christianity speak on how they were tortured for their beliefs by the Romans, and that they receieved there denominations from "the annointed one" or "Christus". NOT Jesus Christ.

Again, early Christians didn't speak English, and neither did ancient Egyptians. Who knows what sort of goofy-ass accents they could've had as well. Just because they sound similar, does not mean theres a relation. "HOLY SHIT, HALF A SYLLABLE SOUNDS REMOTELY SIMILAR TO THIS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ONE"

You are missing the point. It is likely that French and Christian historians found egyptian religious passages in Greece, while they also found start maps and such from Israel, and confused them for being the same thing (as they pretty much are), hence the similar pronounciation of them both in modern languages.

Horus is most commonly represented by the Falcon as well, i don't remember Jesus being represented or related to any sort of creature from the raptor family.

What does that have to do with anything.

Also, why are you only trying to fight the claims made about Jesus Horus? Why not Mythra and Chrishna?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.