Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Grand Theft Auto: Steel City
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Downloadable Content / Next GTA Discussion
racer123246
Just Think... Pittsburgh PA in GTA! It could be for all systems (accept DS, Gamecube, and Wii.) It could look just like GTA 4 with highly detailed terrain and buildings! Here's my story-line:You are Jacob Peterson. You start off coming from Philli to see your brother. Then you have no choice but to fly on an airplane to Pittsburgh International Airport. Then you go drive to your brother's house in the Northside. By the way, the brother's name is Will. Then the first mission is to take Will around the city for basic controls and just showing you about. The Police in this game are even more intense than GTA 4. People do normal things, walk talk and eat. There are many building to explore and many to glitch into. There will be at least 10 safehouses, 3 hospitals, 4 police stations, and 3 fire depts. You can get as many as 12 girlfriends with special abilities. Like the last one you date, she wil unlock you a police uniform like in SA and offer you a job a a police officer. There would be a ton of cars, missions, many side missions, secret people and friends, money generaters, and of course clubs. There would be two modes, both of witch you can save your game in. One mode is the story mode, and the other mode in Sandbox mode, do anything be anyone. Also in this game, most building you can shoot an RPG at and blow up the wall to get inside for a robbery or something. There will be two phones, and every luxury car will have an on-board computer. (same with police) Every car with have a radio station, GPS, and mods to be made. There ere Pay N' Sprays but they only fix+change the color of your car, and also car-washes. There will be secret areas to find and many things to do. This would be heaven on earth Jumpy.gif. The crime system is the same as GTA 4's. There will be airplanes and helis but only if you complete the game. There are some cheats, not like 17 pages worth, but like 6 pages worth. You may add on to this but remember that this is in PITTSBURGH PA!Email me if you have more ideas but don't want to share them with the world. My email for Yahoo! is in my profile.
PabloHoneyOle
Congrats on the big first post.

It's chock full of grammar errors, coding errors and utter nonsense.

Pittsburgh would probably be one of the worst cities in the US to host a GTA Game. The plot (or lack thereof) you wrote for the setting reaffirms that.

Welcome to the site.
racer123246
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 12 2008, 12:07 PM) [snapback]1459034[/snapback]
Congrats on the big first post.

It's chock full of grammar errors, coding errors and utter nonsense.

Pittsburgh would probably be one of the worst cities in the US to host a GTA Game. The plot (or lack thereof) you wrote for the setting reaffirms that.

Welcome to the site.

Oh well, it's worth a shot. You should see the crime here, it's horrible.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(racer123246 @ Aug 12 2008, 12:09 PM) [snapback]1459036[/snapback]
Oh well, it's worth a shot. You should see the crime here, it's horrible.

Is that the only reason GTA would fit well in Pittsburgh? I've only been there in the wintertime and there was nothing appealing about anything there.

If you could list some interesting landmarks, features of the city or anything else that would justify having a new game featured in Pitt, it could save this post. Also, a plot might help. Something more than he flew to Pittsburgh and his brother needs help. Why would he stay in Pitt and collect 10+ savehouses and 12+ girlfriends?

Your post has some good ideas (more cars, more savehouses, etc.) but they've all been said before. What would make Pittsburgh stand out other than the high crime rate and catchy title 'GTA:Steel City'?
racer123246
Well, I do have some interesting landmarks in the burgh,

PNC Park-Baseball Games,Riots
Heinz Feild-Football Games,Riots
Science Center-Easter Eggs, Parodies, Gross Stuff
US Steel Building-The top of it, good view
Mellon Arena-Hidden Monster Truck, Easter Eggs, Shows
Zoo-Shoot Furry Animals
Inclines-Quicker Way Up Hills
The Bridges-Historic

There's the subway too.

Well, the plot could be that he helps his brother, but not only that but he discovers his brother dies half-way through the game and he is set out to kill the man, his family and blow up the building (takes place in the southside)

But, he finds out that he killed the man for no reason and instead finds himself in jail with missions to help mih escape. One he does, I haven't figures out anything else yet. sad.gif
Seeen
Rockstar already made Carcer City in Manhunt which is supposed to resemble a run-down, steel mill city like those shitty towns in Pennsylvania that no one lives in anymore.
Caliph
Hey racer, welcome to the forums and dont worry about Stoic, hes just a cunt. Enjoy your stay here. smile.gif
racer123246
QUOTE(Caliph @ Aug 12 2008, 05:23 PM) [snapback]1459114[/snapback]
Hey racer, welcome to the forums and dont worry about Stoic, hes just a cunt. Enjoy your stay here. smile.gif

Thanks, I'll try to.
1UP
Dang someone that didn't lose there mind from stoics cold posts.lol

I have to agree, if there isn't enough appeal besides the crime, the best I can see it being is a "side city" sort of like LV from SA was (except SF was the boring city), but in my BS post it could be jumbled into a mess of sensibleness... How ever its not to much of a popular city for this kind of game if you ask me. Pop culture > crime rate.
Ophis-
I stoped reading as soon as you said "goes to help his brother"

R* have been there before, in both SA and IV. "going to help somebody" is a now over used reason for living in a new city.

I'd rather it be more GTAIII where he breaks free from a prison truck that happens to be traveling through LC. Mix it up a little bit and come back with a new idea.
asthenia
I love that you managed to misspell "him" as "mih".

Was it on purpose? Made me lol.
Ophis-
QUOTE(tl.Gunslinger @ Aug 13 2008, 02:01 PM) [snapback]1459221[/snapback]
I love that you managed to misspell "him" as "mih".

Was it on purpose? Made me lol.

LOL... now i think i should have read his post..... or should that be 'sih post'?
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Caliph @ Aug 12 2008, 05:23 PM) [snapback]1459114[/snapback]
Hey racer, welcome to the forums and dont worry about Stoic, hes just a cunt. Enjoy your stay here. :)

Don't trust Caliph, he's just a terrorist.

QUOTE(1UP @ Aug 13 2008, 06:48 AM) [snapback]1459200[/snapback]
Dang someone that didn't lose there mind from stoics cold posts.lol

I was impressed with his cool nature as well.
Caliph
QUOTE(Liquidice @ Aug 13 2008, 02:11 PM) [snapback]1459206[/snapback]
I stoped reading as soon as you said "goes to help his brother"

R* have been there before, in both SA and IV. "going to help somebody" is a now over used reason for living in a new city.

I'd rather it be more GTAIII where he breaks free from a prison truck that happens to be traveling through LC. Mix it up a little bit and come back with a new idea.

Yeah doesnt sound like such a bad idea. How about someone who was once big, but due to city corruption he was filed bankrupt after a group of people charged him over something which he never committed. So now he takes revenge and slowly climbs up the ladder of fame again.
Mohawk
well... if high crime is the thing that will attract gta to pittsburg, why not the city with the highest crime rate in the world?
talking about johanesburg, south africa... they ve got everything! rapes, bitches, mob... u name it! and u got those shantytowns, slums... yeah... and the plot should be like: he goes there to help his mom... lol
i was just kidding, but i dont think pittsburg is a good idea... i think next gta should be in LA or some unthought state capital like portland, OR or boise, id
racer123246
Okay well i'll keep these posts in mind. I'm going to try to close the post then think harder.

Really i'm not calm at all. Specially when somebody hits, kicks, punches, me.

I'm just used to being around bitches like Stoic.
No offense. :/

locked.gif

I'm just trying my best to get along here.
Caliph
if you want, you can go to your control panel and block users that annoy you... I did it, and its working like a charm. cool.gif
1UP
Before I close this, I'd appreciate if everyone said something constructive if they plan to post next time. I am getting annoyed by how many are posting for the soul purpose to flame. Grammar or otherwise, if you don't add to the topic in some way I will warn you.

Thank you. =)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.