Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Death Race
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Entertainment
TheAnalogKid2112
[youtube]83-stjseRMQ[/youtube]

This movie doesn't look all that bad, but the one thing that comes to mind automatically is: Twisted Metal Movie?
Anybody else getting that? That shit is a complete Twisted Metal rip-off. Basically the exact same story.
That being said, that doesn't mean it should be a bad movie.. It's just that there aren't that many fresh ideas anymore in film.
Who knows.. maybe there's an actual good story to it and not just some meaningless crash and boom film with lots of explosions.. But probably not.
I might just catch a matinee, though, if I'm bored.scooter.gif

EDIT: Jason Statham is a total homo.
DiO
It looks like another souless hollywood high budget movie. Could be entertaining but meh.
Hardcore Ottoman
Actually I heard Death Race is based off an old movie that predated Twisted Metal o.O
bOnEs
as much as i love watching jason statham whoop some ass, i might wait until this is out on DVD... he really hasn't been in a good movie since transporter 2... his choice of films has been horrible... sure, most are the over the top action films, which is what he should be doing, but none of them have a good story... its just him kicking ass for 2 hours...

he needs to get in touch with his roots again and do a movie like "snatch" or "two smoking barrels" just to show he can still act... he hasn't had to do much acting in his recent roles...
DiO
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Aug 11 2008, 02:12 PM) [snapback]1458891[/snapback]
as much as i love watching jason statham whoop some ass, i might wait until this is out on DVD... he really hasn't been in a good movie since transporter 2... his choice of films has been horrible... sure, most are the over the top action films, which is what he should be doing, but none of them have a good story... its just him kicking ass for 2 hours...

he needs to get in touch with his roots again and do a movie like "snatch" or "two smoking barrels" just to show he can still act... he hasn't had to do much acting in his recent roles...

So true.
Mattay
Eh, I kinda thought the Transporter was overdone.

I like movies that are action packed but REALISTIC. In the Transporter when I saw this guy kicking ass he does some pretty cool moves, but when he got a gun aimed in his face and magically pulled the slide off and hit his opponent I was a little upset.

And in Transporter 2 when he somehow did a barrel roll in the air and a crane hit the underpart of his car just the right way to take off a bomb...I thought that was just stupid.

I think I'll see this one though.
bOnEs
QUOTE(Mattay @ Aug 11 2008, 09:47 PM) [snapback]1458956[/snapback]
Eh, I kinda thought the Transporter was overdone.

I like movies that are action packed but REALISTIC. In the Transporter when I saw this guy kicking ass he does some pretty cool moves, but when he got a gun aimed in his face and magically pulled the slide off and hit his opponent I was a little upset.

And in Transporter 2 when he somehow did a barrel roll in the air and a crane hit the underpart of his car just the right way to take off a bomb...I thought that was just stupid.

I think I'll see this one though.

what i like about the transporter movies is, what it is... he's a professional driver... the best at what he does... and it was pretty original considering what most over the top action movies are based on... the opening scene of the first transporter kicked so much ass where he was transporting a group of thugs after robbing a store... it totally grabbed me along for the ride...

and man did "crank" have a lot of potential... i still thought it was OK but, man did they miss the target on that one... it could of been the best action movie in decades...

i'll give credit that he's doing the right kind of films... films with an original idea to action... but geez, couldn't they get better directors to save these movies?! jason's name alone can't save them all... dungeon siege tale anyone? laugh.gif...
DiO
QUOTE(Mattay @ Aug 11 2008, 09:47 PM) [snapback]1458956[/snapback]

Haha, that pissed me off. Good movie. But that there was too much. If your going to have shit like that then the movie has to be as corny as shoot'em'up.(fucking awesome movie rite tharr)
bOnEs
i watched "the bank job" last night (i've been sitting on it for almost 2 weeks now via netflix and, all this jason statham talk finally got me to watch it) and my goodness did my eyes deceive me!! jason statham was back to acting again!! lol, and out of nowhere, he whoops some ass near the end biggrin.gif... you totally don't expect that after watch an hour and a half of dialog...

it was pretty good though... the movie was based on a london bank robbery in the 70's...

EDIT: OMG NOO!!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1121931/

how cheesy does that plot line sound?!?!
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Aug 11 2008, 09:46 AM) [snapback]1458839[/snapback]
EDIT: Jason Statham is a total homo.

Agreed.
Ex-PS Fanboy
saw this like 2 days ago, it was sick. non-stop action and gore. lots of interesting parts, rather than cars driving around shooting. and there was the occasional funny part. it was kinda like Twisted Metal: Black and Jak X in movie form
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(PS FANBOY @ Sep 4 2008, 08:23 AM) [snapback]1462918[/snapback]
saw this like 2 days ago, it was sick. non-stop action and gore. lots of interesting parts, rather than cars driving around shooting. and there was the occasional funny part. it was kinda like Twisted Metal: Black and Jak X in movie form

Worth seeing in theaters? Or should I rent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.