Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Features Will Stay and Which Will Go?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Downloadable Content / Next GTA Discussion
Linkin Parkinson's
The mobile phone is some shit I can't see them putting in the next 3 GTA games I don't know why but it seems like something that will be GTA 4 specific. Especially if the next GTA is a prequel like the games after GTA III. They'd have to replace it with something more awesome. Then again they had the phone in VC, SA, and LCS. They had a pager in III and VCS. They just took the phone that was already going to be in the game anyway and made it more complex to where it wasn't just for people calling you.<br><br>Do you think they will keep the same clothing interface? In game internet? Television? Because if the next game is going to be set in the 80's or 90s or some shit those great features will most likely be gone. Alot of fun shit in GTA IV had to do with the fact that it is set in present day in a big ass city.<br>
istealkegs
I actually like the phone... infact I wish it did a little bit more... like I wish you could actually save pics that you take with it... I can't tell you how many awesome pics of strippers I have taken.
Seeen
The cell phone rules. They need more interactive numbers, though. You should be able to call the numbers posted on the front of businesses. Even if it's just an answering machine, it'd still be cool. You should also be able to enter vehicles while on the phone.

-Add an MP3 player or a Walkman if it's in the 80s, PLEASE!!

-Stealth weapons and tactics would fit in nicely to gameplay.

-We need a photo gallery.

-Remove the nagging, free-loading friends and replace them with good friends that pay for you once in awhile. Little Jacob loves to chill as long as I pick up the tab.

-Things you can throw at people need to vary in the damage they do. Throwing a coffee cup at someone's face shouldn't do just as much damage as throwing a brick. That's ridiculous.

-Grapple moves, slit throats, executions with more weapons than just a pistol.
Linkin Parkinson's
What do you think will replace the phone if the next GTA was in fact in the 80s?

I think they might have an accesible phone, or pay phones that you could access easily. Your phone might have limited features though. It might just have the ability to call and be called. While you also have a beeper or that shit that was used in GTA III to recieve messages. I don't know about an organizer, I don't see how that could work unless there was one in your safehouse. Newspapers might also be available, there could be a TV in your safehouse you could watch the news on.... I don't know about replacing all the awesome features that were in GTA IV like the phone and computer. But in the next one, they are going to have to not worry about realism but keep as much shit as they can from GTA 4 such as the ped interaction and such. They should introduce a new gameplay style like how in Vice City you had empires and in SA you had gang territories. They should have something big like that in the next GTA. I'd really like empires and shit, either that or you be a leader of something and run your shit so you feel like a boss black person.

As for features that will not be in the next GTA. I'd say the car wash, that was the most useless feature I've ever seen. It doesn't fix your car, all it does is get blood stains off. The clothing interface has to go, also.

In addition to that, I don't see what is wrong with eating at places like mr. fuk's rice box, superstar cafe, and the italian restaurant... they could have easily made it enterable and you could get some shit to go.
istealkegs
QUOTE(Linkin Parkinson @ Aug 17 2008, 07:46 PM) [snapback]1459879[/snapback]
In addition to that, I don't see what is wrong with eating at places like mr. fuk's rice box, superstar cafe, and the italian restaurant... they could have easily made it enterable and you could get some shit to go.

i eat at superstar cafe all the time.
Beast Jericho
bullshit
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.