Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: American election
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Political & World Issues
Pages: 1, 2
shootthebandit
im from UK and have no political preference (apart from the 'monster-raving-looney' party).

lets start with an overall summary:
As you all know, america prides itself on being democratic but the only difference between the candidates is skin-tone. democracy? i think not.

they just slate each other rather than actually telling people their policies.

McCain:
1.he has recently had an ad campaign with paris hilton. i know it was directed at Obama but he still loses credability
2. hes going for the whole "im a vet, i fought in 'nam". everyone at the time faught in Nam as it was conscription

3. he just constantly bashes obama for being black and considers him a celebrity more than a politician

Obama:
1. hes playing the race card a bit too much. hes implying that;"if you dont vote for me your a racist"
2. he promises change, but what is he changing
3. hes constantly bashing McCain for being a racist and being too old.

long story short. both candidates are failures, infact America is a FAIL!

i had to edit i was on PSP.
NIGGALICIOUS
Fuck McCain

Don't spam.
-OPX
OptimumPx
McCain's ad featuring Paris Hilton was making fun of Obama saying he was a celebrity like her and about as capable to lead (meaning not at all), and for the Vietnam part its used for showing that he has military experience and was held as a prisoner of war for many years.

Anyway the two candidates are nothing alike, the main part being that McCain is conservative and Obama is a liberal.

Personally I don't like either of them though.
Severus Snape
Personally, at this point I am just ready for the whole damn thing to be over with. I'm sick of McCain bashing Obama constantly in his ads, and I'm tired of people getting on Obama for not retaliating. I thought the object was to present your side of the campaign and let the better person win, not to see who could throw the most mud.

I'm also not sure who I'll vote for anymore. The more I listen to both candidates, the more I realize that neither one of them (in my opinion) is qualified to run the country. I'll have it figured out by the time we have to vote, but at this point I don't know.
Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Aug 7 2008, 07:49 PM) [snapback]1458333[/snapback]
im from UK and have no political preference (apart from the 'monster-raving-looney' party).

As you all know, america prides itself on being democratic but the only difference between the candidates is skin-tone. democracy? i think not.
And this "logical point" disestablishes democracy? No. This is one (among quite many other) shitty elections.

I agree.

McCain:
1.he has recently had an ad campaign with paris hilton: "john McCain is like totally hot". he just lost all his credablility
You didn't get the sarcasm in the ad, but alas, yes, it's bullshit anyway.
2. hes going for the whole "im a vet, i fought in 'nam". so he killed vietnamese women and children (doesnt get my vote, or sympathy)
Oh, and this proves without a doubt that he did this? No.
3. he just constantly bashes obama for being black and considers him a celebrity more than a politician
No he doesn't; yes he does. Obama is more like a puppet.

Obama:
1. hes playing the race card a bit too much. he going for the;"if you dont vote for me your a racist"
No he's not. Where the fuck did you hear that?
Nothing. I agree.
No he isn't; yes he is.

long story short. both candidates are failures,
sure... but

infact America is a FAIL!
No. Shut up, move here, live here, see the rain here, then offer your assho--I mean opinion, and then I might consider it to hold some water.

Main comment from me? I'm not voting. Voting for any of these candidates is a bad move.
shootthebandit
QUOTE(Fuck Yourself Aaron @ Aug 8 2008, 09:50 PM) [snapback]1458461[/snapback]

And this "logical point" disestablishes democracy? No. This is one (among quite many other) shitty elections.

we'll as you sayed; "obama will change nothing". if he changes nothing then esssentially both parties are the same (all your voting for is a figure-head)

McCain will win it as the election will be rigged in his favour. a one-horse race definatley isnt democracy.

infact America is a FAIL!
No. Shut up, move here, live here, see the rain here, then offer your assho--I mean opinion, and then I might consider it to hold some water.

USA is a FAIL, its run by morons (clinton, bush , obama, mcCain and worst of all Reagan). america just invades other countries so they can get cheap oil. they also invade small countries that dont agree with their ideologies (cuba and vietnam to name a few)

britian is also a FAIL. we fail at everything. think yourself lucky you dont have social welfare:
social welfare is abused by drug addicts who leech of tax payers money and get free-drugs of the health service.

you should vote me as ruler of the world. i would be niether left nor right wing. id be right in the middle, also id be both liberal and consrvative. id have social welfare but you must contribute to society in order to benefit from it. health care system would be prioritised by age and serverity of condition. if you have killed, committed any voilent crime or if you leech of the system you will DIE!!! for those who commited minor crimes will be sent to jail my jails would be a bed an uncomfy bunkbed, another sweaty guy and a bucket (meals would be stale bread and tap water). As ruler of the world i would have to develop some sort of space weapon to protect from aliens(and asteriods) as there would be no human enemies as i wouldve united everyone. id also develop a new energy source that would replace our diminishing source of oil.

Vote for me now and recieve a free T-shirt.
Mattay

McCain:
1.he has recently had an ad campaign with paris hilton: "john McCain is like totally hot". he just lost all his credablility
2. hes going for the whole "im a vet, i fought in 'nam". so he killed vietnamese women and children (doesnt get my vote, or sympathy)

Obama:
1. hes playing the race card a bit too much. he going for the;"if you dont vote for me your a racist"

Shut yuour goddamned mouth! Not all fucking Vietnam vets are baby killers. My father fought hard in Vietnam, watched his best fucking friend die. And that's why most fucking Vietnam vets are ashamed to wear their uniforms because of the fucking scumbags that look at the My Lai massacre and say, "omg americanz dat fought in nam are all terrible!". And did you fight in Vietnam? No, you didn't. So you don't know half of the shit those guys saw. Just because of a handful of fucking idiots that DID do it you base your assumptions that all Vietnam vets are baby killers? Ignorance.
Skinny 
They are actually quite diffrent.

The main diffrence being their stance on China and the USSR.

McCain is saying they shouldn't tolerate the crap they give their people for a second longer, and should cut them from the G8 sumit.
Link.

While Obama, is saying this is only pretending they don't exist, and will do no good, as they need Russia's cooperation in dissarming nuclear weapons. He claims McCain's cutting China out of the G8 sumit is naive, as they are one of the most powerful economies in the world.
[youtube]TEAVcggZFQ4[/youtube]

While I tend to agree with Obama about the Russia, I think he is just scared of economic effects trade sanctions with China will have.

QUOTE(black personman)
Fuck McCain

Why?

QUOTE(shootthebandit)
america just invades other countries so they can get cheap oil.

Correction, Bush just invades countries for oil profits.

britian is also a FAIL. we fail at everything. think yourself lucky you dont have social welfare:
social welfare is abused by drug addicts who leech of tax payers money and get free-drugs of the health service.
If you can find an alternative to social welfare and housing projects, that won't send crime rates sky rocketing, I would love to hear it.

. he (Obama) promises change, but what is he changing

Yeah, I agree. Where have we heard lines like Obama's before? Oh, that's right, Bill Clinton.
Qdeathstar
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Aug 7 2008, 11:49 PM) [snapback]1458333[/snapback]

McCain:

Obama:

Damn nigga. 4real?

First of all, its seems your only source of news and information is the "Daily Show" or something like it.
McCain NEVER bashes obama for being black... thats an instant way to loose an election you fool... McCain never compared himself to Paris Hilton, he instead compared Obama and the celebrity status he has attained to paris hilton.

While I agree that obama and Mc Cain are playing the race card, they aren't playing it as forthright as you are saying. Both are playing it by clearly stating how much they aren't playing it. Point two is a pointless question because although he promises change, that promise cannot be fullfilled until he is elected. Obama hasn't changed nothing yet, but he does plan to.

Obama might have joked about McCain's age but he's certainly never called McCain a racist. Thats a sure fire way to loose an election. How many nigger votes do you think actually count, after all.

Dude. For being a quote unquote "european" who is supposedley, in the stereotype of EU VS American, you sure are one ignorant bastard, no offense.

QUOTE(Skinny. @ Aug 9 2008, 05:23 AM) [snapback]1458497[/snapback]
Yeah, I agree. Where have we heard lines like Obama's before? Oh, that's right, Bill Clinton.

Bill Clinton did change a lot.... And i'd vote for him again, even being a republican....
Skinny 
QUOTE(Sittin @ Aug 9 2008, 03:40 PM) [snapback]1458502[/snapback]

Bill Clinton did change a lot.... And i'd vote for him again, even being a republican....

Of course republicans would vote for him. He is 110% pro business, and not left wing.
Qdeathstar
My point is that you infered that Bill Clinton promised change, and failed to change anything, and that your completely wrong about that in every way.
shootthebandit
Shut yuour goddamned mouth! Not all fucking Vietnam vets are baby killers. My father fought hard in Vietnam, watched his best fucking friend die. And that's why most fucking Vietnam vets are ashamed to wear their uniforms because of the fucking scumbags that look at the My Lai massacre and say, "omg americanz dat fought in nam are all terrible!". And did you fight in Vietnam? No, you didn't. So you don't know half of the shit those guys saw. Just because of a handful of fucking idiots that DID do it you base your assumptions that all Vietnam vets are baby killers? Ignorance.

im sorry dude. now that i read back on it. it does seem a bit harsh

as your all well aware my lai did happen, but the people involved were only following orders so you cant blame them. vietman was also a pointless war. the commnuism in vietnam wasnt even going to spread and america just made it spread even more, again i cannot blame the troops as they were only following orders. that is the reason many 'Nam vets resorted to drugs.

i have to apologize, im trully sorry. i rushed into the post without thinking.

i only tried to prove that the american government was a fail but ive ended up offending a nation. i guess that makes me the FAIL anyway ive edited the first post to make it less ignorant

again, im very sorry
Mattay
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Aug 9 2008, 01:23 PM) [snapback]1458548[/snapback]

im sorry dude. now that i read back on it. it does seem a bit harsh

as your all well aware my lai did happen, but the people involved were only following orders so you cant blame them. vietman was also a pointless war. the commnuism in vietnam wasnt even going to spread and america just made it spread even more, again i cannot blame the troops as they were only following orders. that is the reason many 'Nam vets resorted to drugs.

i have to apologize, im trully sorry. i rushed into the post without thinking.

i only tried to prove that the american government was a fail but ive ended up offending a nation. i guess that makes me the FAIL anyway ive edited the first post to make it less ignorant

again, im very sorry

I accept your apology.

When Vietnam veterans came back from southeast Asia, they were spat upon in airport terminals, glared at, called baby killers, and ultimately disrespected in every way shape and form by the American people.

Let me share some facts with you:

Within five years of the ending of the Vietnam war, about 150,000 had commited suicide.
The suicide rate among Vietnam veterans is 86% higher than the national average of non-vets of the same age group.
60% of vets have emotional problems.
50-60% have problems with drugs and/or alchohol.
The divorce rate for Vietnam vets is three times greater than the national average.
About 25% of all incarcerated people are Vietnam vets. Though they're usually for non-violent crimes.
44% of all homeless Americans are Vietnam veterans.

I know you said that in the heat of the moment, but it infuriates me whenever I see this happen.
Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE(Sittin @ Aug 9 2008, 01:40 AM) [snapback]1458502[/snapback]
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Aug 7 2008, 11:49 PM) [snapback]1458333[/snapback]

McCain:

Obama:

Damn black person. 4real?

First of all, its seems your only source of news and information is the "Daily Show" or something like it.
McCain NEVER bashes obama for being black... thats an instant way to loose an election you fool... McCain never compared himself to Paris Hilton, he instead compared Obama and the celebrity status he has attained to paris hilton.

While I agree that obama and Mc Cain are playing the race card, they aren't playing it as forthright as you are saying. Both are playing it by clearly stating how much they aren't playing it. Point two is a pointless question because although he promises change, that promise cannot be fullfilled until he is elected. Obama hasn't changed nothing yet, but he does plan to.

Obama might have joked about McCain's age but he's certainly never called McCain a racist. Thats a sure fire way to loose an election. How many black dude votes do you think actually count, after all.

Dude. For being a quote unquote "european" who is supposedley, in the stereotype of EU VS American, you sure are one ignorant bastard, no offense.

Bill Clinton didn't do shit. His administration did. Vote into this system again and you're an idiot. It's run by the two-party system and no other outsider will ever win, may it be their seniority or some financial benefits that third parties don't get. And none of these fuckers are offering anything of substance this time.
Skinny 
QUOTE(Sittin @ Aug 10 2008, 01:04 AM) [snapback]1458526[/snapback]
My point is that you infered that Bill Clinton promised change, and failed to change anything, and that your completely wrong about that in every way.

No, I infered that Obama acts like he is for the working class, while really, will most likely turn out like Bill Clinton. Be pro business.
Severus Snape
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Aug 8 2008, 04:34 PM) [snapback]1458468[/snapback]
USA is a FAIL, its run by morons (clinton, bush , obama, mcCain and worst of all Reagan).

I'm sorry, but who are you and why were you invited to this party? You should look at your own government before bashing ours. In fact, you don't live here, so you have no right to tell us that our country is governed by morons.

america just invades other countries so they can get cheap oil. they also invade small countries that dont agree with their ideologies (cuba and vietnam to name a few)

If our oil is so cheap, then why are we paying all time record prices at the pump? Granted, we aren't paying as much as some European countries, but $125 a barrel for oil doesn't sound too cheap to me.

Furthermore, we don't just invade any other country that doesn't agree with our ideologies. If we did, we would have invaded almost every country on this planet. And tell me exactly when we invaded Cuba?

You have a bunch of homeless and drug addicted citizens leeching off the tax payers money? We have the same problem. Only difference is that your government enables them to do so, while our government just ignores them.

you should vote me as ruler of the world. i would be niether left nor right wing. id be right in the middle, also id be both liberal and consrvative. id have social welfare but you must contribute to society in order to benefit from it. health care system would be prioritised by age and serverity of condition. if you have killed, committed any voilent crime or if you leech of the system you will DIE!!! for those who commited minor crimes will be sent to jail my jails would be a bed an uncomfy bunkbed, another sweaty guy and a bucket (meals would be stale bread and tap water). As ruler of the world i would have to develop some sort of space weapon to protect from aliens(and asteriods) as there would be no human enemies as i wouldve united everyone. id also develop a new energy source that would replace our diminishing source of oil.

Vote for me now and recieve a free T-shirt.

You as ruler of the world? Ok, answer a few short questions and let's see how your campaign would sound:

1. What is your policy on economics? In short, how would you globalize the economy so that every country receives an equal share of the wealth?
2. On the topic of economics, how would you insure that under-developed countries received the aid they needed to become developed?
3. How would you abolish war, famine, disease?
4. How do you get communists, socialists, monarchies and dictators to buy into this democratic/totalitarian hybrid you propose? Cuz I don't think any of them want to be ruled by anyone other than their own people.

I've got plenty more questions, but I'll refrain from making you look any stupider than you already are.
shootthebandit
QUOTE(Ashley Graham @ Aug 11 2008, 03:52 PM) [snapback]1458853[/snapback]
USA is a FAIL, its run by morons (clinton, bush , obama, mcCain and worst of all Reagan).

I'm sorry, but who are you and why were you invited to this party? You should look at your own government before bashing ours. In fact, you don't live here, so you have no right to tell us that our country is governed by morons.

our country is also run by morons, i agree. tony blair just done everything bush done and gordon brown does fuck all except scratch his arse.

And tell me exactly when we invaded Cuba?
The Bay of Pigs Invasion (aka Playa Girón), was an unsuccessful attempt by a U.S.-trained force of Cuban exiles to invade south-west Cuba.
source

You have a bunch of homeless and drug addicted citizens leeching off the tax payers money? We have the same problem. Only difference is that your government enables them to do so, while our government just ignores them.
true, we actually give them what they want

1. What is your policy on economics? In short, how would you globalize the economy so that every country receives an equal share of the wealth?
2. On the topic of economics, how would you insure that under-developed countries received the aid they needed to become developed?
3. How would you abolish war, famine, disease?
4. How do you get communists, socialists, monarchies and dictators to buy into this democratic/totalitarian hybrid you propose? Cuz I don't think any of them want to be ruled by anyone other than their own people.

I've got plenty more questions, but I'll refrain from making you look any stupider than you already are.

lol! i was just kidding about the ruler of the world thing.

anyway america and UK are both FAIL
Seeen
I used to like McCain when he was a senator in Arizona, but now I can't fucking stand him. He's greedy for power, he's gonna keep leading us on the path to WWIII, and all he does is say that he was tortured in fucking Vietnam. WE FUCKING GET IT.

I hate McCain, but that's not to say that Obama is any good either. People like Obama so much because Bush was like a fuckin' nightmare come true.

I'm curious to see if America is ready to get over their old ways and finally elect someone who isn't an old white guy that's out of touch with the general public.

Every politician ever is a puppet. All in all, Obama is the lesser of two evils in my opinion.
Hardcore Ottoman
Well, I'm not choosing any evil this time. Forget this election...
Qdeathstar
QUOTE(Fuck Yourself Aaron @ Aug 10 2008, 02:39 AM) [snapback]1458620[/snapback]
Bill Clinton didn't do shit. His administration did.

Waffles. nigga. Waffles. You do you think picked his adminstration. Oh wait, he did. Who do you think manages his adminstration. Oh wait, he did. Use your brain a bit please.

Vote into this system again and you're an idiot. It's run by the two-party system and no other outsider will ever win, may it be their seniority or some financial benefits that third parties don't get. And none of these fuckers are offering anything of substance this time.
Btw, third parties can get the same financial benefits as the two main parties, provided they get enough votes to obtain them.

QUOTE(Skinny. @ Aug 10 2008, 03:35 AM) [snapback]1458624[/snapback]

No, I infered that Obama acts like he is for the working class, while really, will most likely turn out like Bill Clinton. Be pro business.

The best way to be pro-working class is to be pro-business. 1990's was the best time in recent history for small business, and likewise, the best time for the working class. Standard of living, ect, were all up under President Clinton.

Well, I'm not choosing any evil this time. Forget this election...

Oh yes. Another voice from a kid shouting about how he wants his cookie too.

Skinny 
QUOTE(Sittin @ Aug 13 2008, 01:45 PM) [snapback]1459160[/snapback]
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Aug 10 2008, 03:35 AM) [snapback]1458624[/snapback]

The best way to be pro-working class is to be pro-business. 1990's was the best time in recent history for small business, and likewise, the best time for the working class. Standard of living, ect, were all up under President Clinton.

Not that I have anything against Clinton, I'm just saying he was pro (big) business. He did a good job with alot of things, but Obama is a gigantic puppet.

QUOTE(Seeen)
he's gonna keep leading us on the path to WWIII

probably, since he is about to piss off the worlds other two super powers (China and the USSR).
shootthebandit

probably, since he is about to piss off the worlds other two super powers (China and the USSR).

you are still stuck in 1989. the USSR no longer exists

he's pissing off china. china is economically (and i think militarily?) more powerful than USA so i wouldnt mess with them.

Mattay
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Aug 13 2008, 11:08 AM) [snapback]1459244[/snapback]

he's pissing off china. china is economically (and i think militarily?) more powerful than USA so i wouldnt mess with them.

Nope. United States is first, Great Britain second.
Qdeathstar
Mattay is right. China has the fastest groing economy in the world, but their military is still substandard, although they have the numbers.

Mc Cain might not like china, or it could just be a political rouse to get votes from ignorant ohioans who think China stole their Jobs... but i highly doubt we would do anything to harm our mutually benefitual relationship. If China or America were to go to war, or even just put economic trade sanctions on one another the effects on both their economies would be disasterous.

China wants to work with the United States, but the a lot of people in the United States are ignorant and percieve China as an evil communist state bent on world domination, probably because of all the propaganda against communism in the 1980s. A lot of people thing that the fact that China has a surplus of workers that results in low cost labor as a bad thing for the United States, which in all actuality, it is a good thing. Sure America is no longer producing nails, toys, and other simple widgets. We just don't excell at those things. We should admit to it and work to use it to our advantage, not deny it and accuse china of "cheating" or whatever you see idiots like lou dobbs doing.

Of course, China does have its querks, such as Tibet and Tiawann, but in the grand scheme of things most of those problems are problems of a past era and will probably be worked out as China is increasingly integrated into the global community.

McCain is 100% correct on Russia though. Putin is just another KGB masked as a president. His attacks in Georgia prove that. The best (and only) thing that america can do is to through Russia out of G8.
Skinny 
QUOTE(Sittin @ Aug 14 2008, 07:31 AM) [snapback]1459316[/snapback]
McCain is 100% correct on Russia though. Putin is just another KGB masked as a president. His attacks in Georgia prove that. The best (and only) thing that america can do is to through Russia out of G8.

I would have to agree with Obama, in that it would be best to try to gain Russia's cooperation in the disarming of nuclear weapons. There's alot of weapons floating around the old soviet countries.

QUOTE(shootthebandit)

Seriously, I have no clue how I got into the habit of calling it that.
Qdeathstar
right now we are paying russia hundreds of millions of dollars to maintain its nuclear facilities... Is that the type of cooperation Obama is talking about?
Skinny 
QUOTE(Sittin @ Aug 14 2008, 10:30 PM) [snapback]1459414[/snapback]
right now we are paying russia hundreds of millions of dollars to maintain its nuclear facilities... Is that the type of cooperation Obama is talking about?

Not power plants, weapons. There's still alot of warheads and stuff in the old soviets.
Sharpie Fetish
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Aug 8 2008, 10:34 PM) [snapback]1458468[/snapback]
USA is a FAIL, its run by morons (clinton, bush , obama, mcCain and worst of all Reagan). america just invades other countries so they can get cheap oil. they also invade small countries that dont agree with their ideologies (cuba and vietnam to name a few)

Did the UK not invade a small country or a bullshit reason?

Yes they did The faulklands who were we fighting? Fucking shepheards for a tiny scrap of land.
shootthebandit
QUOTE(Sharpie Fetish @ Aug 15 2008, 06:07 PM) [snapback]1459587[/snapback]

Yes they did The faulklands who were we fighting? Fucking shepheards for a tiny scrap of land.

true but that was under the power of thatcher and we all know she was shit. so is clinton (female). dont flame me for this but women cant run a country, itll end up a disaster
DiO
Intresting topic. I dont know shit about American politics so Im not really going to comment too much. All I cant to know is what the fuck is with the attack ads. Everyone says they hate them yet they all use them. Its the whole complex of that our opposition are going to run negative campain ads so I do too.
Hardcore Ottoman
Hey D-O I think most of sensible America is with you on this one. Mudslinging is as old as the days of Andrew Jackson and the bloody shirts and so far it hasn't served any constructive purpose. It seems to bring about extreme partisanship and jingoism.
Skinny 
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Aug 16 2008, 03:33 AM) [snapback]1459592[/snapback]

true but that was under the power of thatcher and we all know she was shit. so is clinton (female). dont flame me for this but women cant run a country, itll end up a disaster

You are basing this on the job Thatcher did? That's stupid, since Hilary Clinton is nothing like her at all. Thatcher was an insane right wing authotarian (she was John Howard and Bush with breats), while Clinton is much further to the left.

QUOTE(Albiskinth4yn3ia)
Intresting topic. I dont know shit about American politics so Im not really going to comment too much. All I cant to know is what the fuck is with the attack ads. Everyone says they hate them yet they all use them. Its the whole complex of that our opposition are going to run negative campain ads so I do too.

Attack adds are nothing new. They happen in ever country, in every election. My problem is with McCain out right lying and making Obama look like the bad guy for not supporting is own agenda.
psychø

What are you talking about, the falklands is a sovereign state of the UK and the Argentinians invaded it.

shootthebandit
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Aug 16 2008, 05:11 AM) [snapback]1459669[/snapback]

[quote
You are basing this on the job Thatcher did? That's stupid, since Hilary Clinton is nothing like her at all. Thatcher was an insane right wing authotarian (she was John Howard and Bush with breats), while Clinton is much further to the left.

i know they have different ideaologies but it simply boils down to the fact that a women cannot run a country. dont get me wrong, im not sexist but its like a man working as a mid-wife (or something similar)
Hardcore Ottoman
That does make you a sexist. You have been manipulated by the man/woman/nothing else (or else) gender stereotypes of religious states.
Skinny 
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Aug 17 2008, 07:14 AM) [snapback]1459719[/snapback]

[quote
i know they have different ideaologies but it simply boils down to the fact that a women cannot run a country. dont get me wrong, im not sexist but its like a man working as a mid-wife (or something similar)

What did Thatcher do that Bush or Howard didn't? You are a sexist.
0bs3n3
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Aug 17 2008, 01:48 PM) [snapback]1459758[/snapback]

[quote

Why are you comparing Howard to Bush?
Skinny 
QUOTE(0bs3n3 @ Sep 26 2008, 10:18 AM) [snapback]1466290[/snapback]
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Aug 17 2008, 01:48 PM) [snapback]1459758[/snapback]

[quote

Why are you comparing Howard to Bush?

They are both authotarians. They have the same fascist policies, too.
§ynch
QUOTE(Mattay @ Aug 8 2008, 05:54 PM) [snapback]1458485[/snapback]

^This is the best post in this thread.
Big ups to Mattay. My father was a vet as well.

shootthebandit_please fuck off.
FireGod
QUOTE(§ynch @ Sep 26 2008, 03:56 PM) [snapback]1466344[/snapback]

I agree, also remember, a close election means on thing. Continued grid lock, more of nothing, it's no good...one party or the other has to have a mandate, by over whelming numbers, for any change to take place.

Right now all they get done is very beuatifull debate(talk) = people getting more frustrated, with neglect and messed up programs that almost never work right.
Un-Amurikan Bastage
QUOTE(FireGod @ Sep 26 2008, 04:12 PM) [snapback]1466402[/snapback]
QUOTE(§ynch @ Sep 26 2008, 03:56 PM) [snapback]1466344[/snapback]

I agree, also remember, a close election means on thing. Continued grid lock, more of nothing, it's no good...one party or the other has to have a mandate, by over whelming numbers, for any change to take place.

Right now all they get done is very beuatifull debate(talk) = people getting more frustrated, with neglect and messed up programs that almost never work right.

Well, you're correct to an extent. Congress is heavily democrat though. If McCain wins, then it'll be gridlock and nothing will get done. If Obama wins, shit will get done. Whether it'd be good shit is another debate.
§ynch
QUOTE(Un-Amurikan Bastage @ Sep 26 2008, 04:12 PM) [snapback]1466410[/snapback]
debate.

Tonight's first debate was interesting...in a WWE kind of way. tongue.gif

Obama supporters felt he won, McCain supporters felt he won.

Un-Amurikan Bastage
QUOTE(§ynch @ Sep 26 2008, 10:48 PM) [snapback]1466428[/snapback]
QUOTE(Un-Amurikan Bastage @ Sep 26 2008, 04:12 PM) [snapback]1466410[/snapback]
debate.

Tonight's first debate was interesting...in a WWE kind of way. tongue.gif

Obama supporters felt he won, McCain supporters felt he won.

Haha...fark, I missed it...I don't watch TV 3 and half days of the week, so these things slip by me :|
Severus Snape
Saw the VP Debate on tv last night. Is it just me, or does Palin look like she was coached on what to say? Every question that came up, she would state that she wanted to talk about something else. And then she would go into some type of rant about wall street, and the economic "rescue" plan. When actually confronted with having to answer a different question, she'd get the "deer-in-the-headlights" look on her face.

This isn't to say that I think Biden did a better job. I personally think the Vice-Presidency is the biggest fuck-off job in the whole world. The VP is akin to Commander Riker from Star Trek - his whole job is to stand in dramatic poses, all the while hoping the guy in charge doesn't die off because then he'd have to actually do something.
Hardcore Ottoman
Yeah, why the fuck does anyone think the position of VP is so prestigious? Teddy Roosevelt was only put on the VP ticket with McKinley as President because everyone hated his mouth and wanted him somewhere where he couldn't do shit. Look what happened though ha ha!

And the VP debate had more viewers than the Presidential one...
Skinny 
^ It was because Palin is strangely considered hot.

Usually I'd say "who the fuck cares about the veep" but since death is likely for both candidates, it might actually mean something.
§ynch
QUOTE(Schwarzbagel @ Oct 3 2008, 02:02 PM) [snapback]1467205[/snapback]
And the VP debate had more viewers than the Presidential one...

QUOTE(Skinny. @ Oct 3 2008, 10:52 PM) [snapback]1467226[/snapback]
^ It was because Palin is strangely considered hot.

She has more hits on Google than Obama, Bidon, McCain, Bush, Condy, and Niko combined. XD.png
DiO
QUOTE(King Midas Bitch! @ Aug 15 2008, 08:44 PM) [snapback]1459660[/snapback]
Hey D-O I think most of sensible America is with you on this one.

W00t, Im a sensible Ammerikkan!

QUOTE(Skinny. @ Aug 16 2008, 12:11 AM) [snapback]1459669[/snapback]
QUOTE(Albiskinth4yn3ia)
Intresting topic. I dont know shit about American politics so Im not really going to comment too much. All I cant to know is what the fuck is with the attack ads. Everyone says they hate them yet they all use them. Its the whole complex of that our opposition are going to run negative campaign ads so I do too.

Attack adds are nothing new. They happen in ever country, in every election. My problem is with McCain out right lying and making Obama look like the bad guy for not supporting is own agenda.

I know. I'm seeing negative attack ads for the Canadian election now. They're fucking lame. It makes me happy I lost all my ID so I can't vote. Not that I would have anyways.

This made me fucking LOL! Don't worry, I know not all Americans are as stupid as this.

The McCain-Palin Mob
[youtube]KjxzmaXAg9E[/youtube]

I laughed but for some of you it just might be depressing.
Hardcore Ottoman
Mr. Tim Russo wasn't so smart either. All he got was the clowns and the ignorant sycophants and the narcissists. Either side has idiots... this video just shows one side of it (although the degrading and unprofessional journalism by the guy behind the camera shows the other side somewhat as well).

That video didn't change anything for me, though. I'm not deciding between evils anymore.
Skinny 
QUOTE(SOADdict @ Oct 13 2008, 12:16 PM) [snapback]1468250[/snapback]
I'm not deciding between evils anymore.

So you're just going to leave it up to everyone else, and hope the dems and GOP just go away? If you're not going to vote for Obama, just to keep McCain out of office, you could at least vote for Bob Barr. You may think it's a wasted vote, but at least you will be supporting a third party, rather than not using your vote at all, then complaining about whoever wins, when you didn't even try and contribute to keeping them out of office.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.