Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stevie's Text Message Cars Map & Guide
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Site News
Psy
It's long overdue, however I have finally got around to putting the Text Message Cars map and guide live on the website. The reason that I didn't want to rush out a map was because I'd rather have a map that is of much better quality, and much easier to use, than a hard to see, pixellated image, just for the sake of getting it out early. Now I'm aware that these maps are probably no longer relevant to many people with 100% completion already, however for the PC gamers who will get hold of the game in around 100 days time, these maps should prove to be very useful.

I actually pieced together the full map using screenshots of the pause map. It was a gruelling process which took almost 24 hours of work, however I can now present to you, arguably one of the best looking and easiest to follow GTA4 maps on the net.

I am in the process of creating a map for the pigeons, and then unique jumps after that, so stay tuned.

I ask that no other webmasters use this, or in fact any of our maps on their own website without asking me permission first.

Enjoy.
bOnEs
that might be the most detailed map of liberty city i've ever seen... great work on that man!! your hours of effort really shows...

EDIT: i am one of the few who have not finished this game 100% because, i've been doing things differently on my second "complete" run-through... as far as what unique cars to keep, and leaving all characters alive that i am able to... and right now, i am cruising through stevie's cars... this map will help though, i've only collected about 6 of them so far...

i'll be looking forward to your pigeon and jumps map biggrin.gif...
DiO
Cant wait for the pigeons and jump. I was waiting for your guides to do them cause they are always the best. To hell with those text based guides on gamefaq with no visual assistance.
GMT
I found me a pigeon map with visual reference (both video and pictures) at gamesradar, but I bet "ours" here will be a thousand times better wink3.gif
gruff999
Psy,

As a longtime gta4.tv lurker and PC owning GTA fan can I say thanks on behalf of my fellow sufferers for all your hard work on this site. If it`s possible to have withdrawal symptoms from something you`ve never had, that`s what we`ve got. I read your report from New York pre-release jealously (NY rocks), watched the stunting videos (and dribbled), studied the feedback on the forums for those amazing one-off GTA4 in-game happenings (and dreamed). Soon it will be my turn, and I sort of hold you responsible. Your site will be like the all-knowing voice of the Liberty City God looking down on me as wander the streets with my fellow GTA4 virgins.

Nice map too.

gruff999
Hardcore Ottoman
^Fan.

<---punxtr

tongue.gif

Yeah, this is interesting news. They hauled ass putting this one through.
ezekiel 08
Psy, great job on the car/txt map!

One small suggestion if you don't mind (not that I'm saying the current map set-up is bad). It would be much quicker to see the cars you need to get if the screenshots of the cars popped up in a new window using javascript, like the old maps on the gta-sanandreas website. It would be nice if the screenshots where a tad smaller, not everyone in the world has super fast internet for massive images.

I guess I'm still a massive fan of that website and how the maps/guides were done, they were just so easy to use.

ezekiel 08
Psy
QUOTE(ezekiel 08 @ Aug 9 2008, 04:07 PM) [snapback]1458527[/snapback]
Psy, great job on the car/txt map!

One small suggestion if you don't mind (not that I'm saying the current map set-up is bad). It would be much quicker to see the cars you need to get if the screenshots of the cars popped up in a new window using javascript, like the old maps on the gta-sanandreas website. It would be nice if the screenshots where a tad smaller, not everyone in the world has super fast internet for massive images.

I guess I'm still a massive fan of that website and how the maps/guides were done, they were just so easy to use.

ezekiel 08

http://www.gta4.tv/TextMessageCars.php

How's that then? smile.gif. Click the map, it'll load the medium image in the window. Click on the medium image in the popup window and it'll load the full size image in a new window should you desire.
bOnEs
slight problem, psy...

i was using your guide for the stevie cars and literally thought i ran into a problem... i couldn't find the PMP 600 using your guide, and thought my game got corrupted... after about 20 minutes of searching all around the area, i looked at your photo one more time to make sure the right landmarks were around me and, i noticed the map in the lower left corner... your cars map was off by a block... i've inlcuded the updated location that you might want to fix on your map...

Psy
Hmm, you could be right. I had a hard time trying to figure out where exactly the cars were around that area, so I'll get it asap.

Update:

Sorted. Cheers for letting me know smile.gif.
bOnEs
QUOTE(Psy @ Aug 12 2008, 12:38 PM) [snapback]1459046[/snapback]
Hmm, you could be right. I had a hard time trying to figure out where exactly the cars were around that area, so I'll get it asap.

cool thumbup.gif... i've still got about 10 cars left to get so, i'll let you know if i run into another missed location...
Zen
Fantastic work as usual. What a guy.
Psy
I've just got all 200 pigeons in my game. Pigeons map should be here this weekend.
bOnEs
awesome!!! i guess i'll be starting on the pigeons this weekend then biggrin.gif...
§ynch
QUOTE(Psy @ Aug 7 2008, 09:44 AM) [snapback]1458257[/snapback]
It's long overdue, however I have finally got around to putting the Text Message Cars map and guide live on the website.
I actually pieced together the full map using screenshots of the pause map.
It was a gruelling process which took almost 24 hours of work.
I am in the process of creating a map for the pigeons, and then unique jumps after that, so stay tuned.

I ask that no other webmasters use this, or in fact any of our maps on their own website without asking me permission first.

Outstanding work. cool.gif
mic585
how long does it take for stevie to send a new message? i just finished my first car delivery (rancher) after finishing the whole story first, i'm starting to get worried he won't send me any more messages....
bOnEs
QUOTE(mic585 @ Aug 17 2008, 06:35 AM) [snapback]1459791[/snapback]
how long does it take for stevie to send a new message? i just finished my first car delivery (rancher) after finishing the whole story first, i'm starting to get worried he won't send me any more messages....

...after 6 hours in-game, you'll get a new text message from stevie... if you want to get them quick, just run down to your bohan safehouse and sleep without saving... there's no need to save if you have autosave turned on...
norman2083
I have just collected my first car from stevie but i am unsure as to where to take it, can anyone help?
bOnEs
umm, look at the map Psy provided up above... he clearly has labeled where the garage is...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.