Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are You Buying this Version?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > GTA 4 PC Discussion
Pieface
Just wondering who of you out there will buy it either along with the console version or for the first time or not? As Modding is probably going to be the main reason, I'm wondering who's actually buying this but even people buy it just for the game itself.

So Will you be buying the game for the PC or not?
TheAnalogKid2112
I don't think so. I recently got San Andreas for my laptop after getting a 2 Gig RAM upgrade and it's SLIGHTLY laggy when cars explode. And that game is like 0 real physics and graphics. I can't imagine how shitty IV would run on mine.
Mods would be flippin awesome though.
Ophis-
If i had a system powerfull enough, yes i would. Currently though. No.
Dedeleko
ofcourse because i dont have a console and want GTA IV, so this is the excellent oportunity (if u spell it like that lol)
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Aug 7 2008, 10:27 AM) [snapback]1458245[/snapback]
I don't think so. I recently got San Andreas for my laptop after getting a 2 Gig RAM upgrade and it's SLIGHTLY laggy when cars explode. And that game is like 0 real physics and graphics. I can't imagine how shitty IV would run on mine.
Mods would be flippin awesome though.

Memory isnt the only thing you need to worry about.
But I'm sure you know that..

And I'll wait a bit to see what kind of mods come out for it.
Base my decision off that.
Dedeleko
i dont know why people think modding is so fun.. with a game like SA i can understand but with IV.. i don't know yet
1UP
Far as mod's talk went with SA before PC version came out they was just expecting the same as VC. I am sure if its capable of being mod'd people will get creative. GTA IV's city is very detailed there could be many things that people may be able to do, then again its likely to be more difficult in some ways.

As for getting the PC version id very much like to, but as usual I'll wait and see if I am even capable at that time to buy it.lol
Psy
I'm buying it for various reasons including modding, but mainly so I can hack it and make a load of trainers smile.gif.
asthenia
Modding is my reason, definitely. And some of the more advanced modellers out there's work on cars and such will be much more appreciated with the graphics in IV, and ofcourse so much other shit can be done.

I honestly think though, one of the FIRST mods, will be a fucking plane, replacing a helicopter. (It's been done before)
Skinny 
Yes, for the mods.
DiO
I voted not sure. It all depends of me getting a new computer. If I do then yes I will for sure.
gonsa
i will buy it in a LC hour!
biggrin.gif
6 shooter
Nope. Getting the xbox version instead.
DuPz0r
Ofcourse i will. I may even try some mods of my own.
Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE(punxtr @ Aug 10 2008, 05:09 PM) [snapback]1458759[/snapback]
I voted not sure. It all depends of me getting a new computer. If I do then yes I will for sure.
GTA ShutDown
Yes if i can get of my arse to go buy it unsure.gif

Probally because i learned how to mod San Andreas and need to try IV.

Also i can use my xBox 360 Controller!!

Zen
Nope - otherwise my computer will explode. smile.gif
GLC
QUOTE(Fuck Yourself Aaron @ Aug 12 2008, 06:55 PM) [snapback]1459075[/snapback]
QUOTE(punxtr @ Aug 10 2008, 05:09 PM) [snapback]1458759[/snapback]

Ocar
I will get the PC version because I don't own neither the PS3 or XBX360. And today I'm going to buy a my first new computer in 4 years with 4gb RAM and HD4850 graphic card, so I hope I could run GTA IV at highest setting.

But it's not because the game I'm buying the computer, haha.
Dedeleko
QUOTE(Ocar @ Aug 24 2008, 12:54 PM) [snapback]1460916[/snapback]
I will get the PC version because I don't own neither the PS3 or XBX360. And today I'm going to buy a my first new computer in 4 years with 4gb RAM and HD4850 graphic card, so I hope I could run GTA IV at highest setting.

im maybe going to buy 1gb more RAM, then i have 2GB and hopefully GTA IV will play smoother biggrin.gif
Ocar
QUOTE(Dedeleko @ Aug 24 2008, 03:10 PM) [snapback]1460926[/snapback]
QUOTE(Ocar @ Aug 24 2008, 12:54 PM) [snapback]1460916[/snapback]

im maybe going to buy 1gb more RAM, then i have 2GB and hopefully GTA IV will play smoother biggrin.gif

Why not buy 3 GB? It's much cheaper than the 360 wink.gif
Daniel3080
Yes. I dont have a PS3 or a 360.
Nec
No, because I am not even motivated to play my current version for the 360. It would be a waste of money for me.
GTA 4EVER
OF COURSE YA. Because i dont have PS3, even PS2 sad.gif or 360. I always play GTA series on PC. I love the control.
victimsfamily
If there's nothing new appart from graphical improvement, no new little gameplay like being able to climb all laders or play basketball or drink at every bars or use burgershot's drive in or cop's motorbike/new vehicles clothes safehouses or such, which I'm sure there will not be, then I'll wait and see what mods can be done. So not sure. Anyway I forgot about the requirements, I'd have to buy a new PC too. So not sure at all.
s1xtY40
ofcource i'll buy it....i've been waiting for this game for like a year to come out on pc..now that it's coming....i can't wait....biggrin.gif
Harrop
QUOTE(Holy Shit Girls On The Net @ Sep 8 2008, 03:37 PM) [snapback]1463568[/snapback]
No, because I am not even motivated to play my current version for the 360. It would be a waste of money for me.

Deano23
I voted not sure.

I was vary disappointed that there were not enough car colours, clothes etc. on the PS3 version (what i have) and apparently modding fixes that so I may give it a shot. If my computer can handle it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.