Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GTA4 Announced for PC
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Site News
FuddMan
Finally, the news PC gamers have been waiting for. Take-Two today announced that GTA4 will be released on PC later this year, with the US and Canada seeing it in stores on November 18th, while the Europeans amongst us will have to wait until the 21st.

QUOTE(Take2)
New York, NY August 6, 2008 Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto IV will be arriving on the PC on November 18th and 21st in North America and Europe, respectively.

"We are very excited to be releasing the PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "The whole team is dedicated to bringing an amazing gaming experience to the PC. The game looks and plays beautifully on PC and we can't wait for people to play it."

Developed by series creator Rockstar North and set in Liberty City, the latest installment in the enormously successful Grand Theft Auto series features a painstakingly detailed and life-like city for players to explore; a rich, immersive narrative experience; an original soundtrack highlighting the cultural eclecticism of Liberty City; and newly expanded multiplayer just for the PC.

Link: Take-Two Press Release
Dedeleko
haha stoic blabla you were so badly hoping for us to not to be announced that it will get on PC and now finnaly it is announced biggrin.gif

TAKE THAT AND IM HAPPY NOW smile.gif
Pyrocy
Hellmary on a stick, a PC version this fast?

*awaits 10,000 Nikos on MP and Cloverfield mod*
I Made Your Mom In GMod
I'd imagine they develop the PC version alongside the console versions and hold it back for a few months while they polish it and iron out bugs.
It'll be interesting to see some screenshots and whether it'll be Vista exclusive and whatnot.
Hardcore Ottoman
Cloverfield mod! *drool*
Kamahl
i'll get it if good mods come out for it... maybe the MTA guys will make some mods for multiplayer, that would be awesome, designing your own maps like they made in SA made the multiplayer a lot more fun
Ophis-
QUOTE(Kamahl @ Aug 6 2008, 11:18 PM) [snapback]1458096[/snapback]
i'll get it if good mods come out for it... maybe the MTA guys will make some mods for multiplayer, that would be awesome, designing your own maps like they made in SA made the multiplayer a lot more fun

I agree.... and im going to dig up an old argument now that was a heated flame war with some dumbass who thought it would never happen!!!!

OHH YESHHH its good to be right!!!!
DiO
If there is some wikkid mods out I gotta get a better PC and this.
6 shooter
I'll see what the PC requirements are, but as I already decided I'm going for the consoler version, I see no point in paying twice for the same game. Mods, multiplayers and cheats are worthless addition for me.
Ophis-
QUOTE(6 shooter @ Aug 7 2008, 07:30 AM) [snapback]1458158[/snapback]
I'll see what the PC requirements are, but as I already decided I'm going for the consoler version, I see no point in paying twice for the same game. Mods, multiplayers and cheats are worthless addition for me.

The multiplayer in the console version is a huge late down, i spent 40mins last night trying to join a game that lasted more then 5mins without cutting out. Then gave up and turned the xbox off completely as it put me in a bad mood. Everytime i play GTAIV now something crops up to sway my great opinion of it now.
GMT
so finally, after half a year, the pc fanbois can rejoice... what a victorious event... wacko9.gif

I doubt many pc guys can play it at the same visual quality us consolieros have unless they upgrade their systems.
maybe... if there's a bunch of great mods later on, I might consider getting it after it drops to 10bucks or turns abandonware.
flippy1008
Nice to know PC users are getting a great game. Shame i dont need it
asthenia
So, I'll start modelling the twin towers later this evening, who wants to work on the Allah Mod and the Boeing 767's?

Rockstar are SMRT.

...wait...
Bones01
any one have an idea of the computer specs that will be required to play this?
Psy
QUOTE(Bones01 @ Aug 8 2008, 11:36 AM) [snapback]1458378[/snapback]
any one have an idea of the computer specs that will be required to play this?

We do have a page on the site for them, however nothing has been announced so far, so it's all speculation.

http://www.gta4.tv/page/38/pc-version-specifications/
Sharpie Fetish
I hope they post the specs it needs and not i have to go into the shop and have a look at the back of the box
Ophis-
QUOTE(Sharpie Fetish @ Aug 9 2008, 03:18 PM) [snapback]1458519[/snapback]
I hope they post the specs it needs and not i have to go into the shop and have a look at the back of the box

As soon as they start accepting orders from game supplyiers they will release this information and you will be able to get it from places like amazon and play.com.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.