Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GTA 4 For PC Announced
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > GTA 4 PC Discussion
FuddMan
Moving to the new forum wink.gif

It's great news, but I don't think anyone didn't see it coming. The market for GTA4 on PC is just too big to be missed. Hopefully Rockstar will support modders a bit more this time around.
PabloHoneyOle
I've never been big into modding, but I think some FANTASTIC things could be done with GTA4 PC.

I got $50 says the first user mod to drop will be a 'Lola' NPC.
Dedeleko
YES i am so happy now biggrin.gif i just got some bad news and then i checked, and saw this! this is just great biggrin.gif
Caliph
Let me quote what I said in the other topic which got locked,

Im not getting it either... besides, GTAIV wasnt on par to my likings. If it was any good I wouldve invested on another version but since its boring already its pointless buying it for the PC. Although, generally speaking, you can run GTAIV much better on the PC than any console you can dream of. I played San Andreas on the PC and it was fantastic. The AA and graphic settings made it a good game, and it looked way better than the horseshit it was on the old-gen consoles. Im sure the same could be said about GTAIV on the PC, itll look much better and itll run much better. No more jaggies and no more stutters. However, from a storyline perspective its the same old crap so if you have nothing good to do on the console version I dont suppose the PC would be any better...

Ill still stand by what I said. As much as I would love to play GTAIV on the PC since it will "look" better, the game itself lacks the attraction of going back to it.

In any case congrats to all patient people who waited for a PC announcement, they deserve it! smile.gif
Dedeleko
QUOTE(Caliph @ Aug 6 2008, 11:03 PM) [snapback]1458084[/snapback]
Let me quote what I said in the other topic which got locked,

Im not getting it either... besides, GTAIV wasnt on par to my likings. If it was any good I wouldve invested on another version but since its boring already its pointless buying it for the PC. Although, generally speaking, you can run GTAIV much better on the PC than any console you can dream of. I played San Andreas on the PC and it was fantastic. The AA and graphic settings made it a good game, and it looked way better than the horseshit it was on the old-gen consoles. Im sure the same could be said about GTAIV on the PC, itll look much better and itll run much better. No more jaggies and no more stutters. However, from a storyline perspective its the same old crap so if you have nothing good to do on the console version I dont suppose the PC would be any better...

Ill still stand by what I said. As much as I would love to play GTAIV on the PC since it will "look" better, the game itself lacks the attraction of going back to it.

In any case congrats to all patient people who waited for a PC announcement, they deserve it! smile.gif

well said man, well said biggrin.gif
SMEAR
I didnt really care for it a while ago but now that i got a new pc that can actually play games ill definately get it. it will be fun seeing all the mods for it.

oh and these are supposed to be the system requirements for it

System Requirements: (minimum) this may change
CPU: Intel P4 2Ghz or AMD equivalent (3GHz dual core reccomended)
RAM: 1 GB
Video Card: 6800GT (256mb) or ATI/AMD Radeon 9800 Pro (256mb) (ATI X..... 512 rec)
HDD Space: 16GB
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
uplink
QUOTE(SMEAR @ Aug 6 2008, 10:11 PM) [snapback]1458095[/snapback]
I didnt really care for it a while ago but now that i got a new pc that can actually play games ill definately get it. it will be fun seeing all the mods for it.

Video Card: 6800GT (256mb) or ATI/AMD Radeon 9800 Pro (256mb) (ATI X..... 512 rec)

Ohz ! This is Great Specs for General PCs... (If it's REAL !)

I'm Using BenQ S41 (VGA : nVIDIA Gefrce 8600 GS) Hope to can play great or maximum Graphic ! notworthy.gif
§ynch
QUOTE(SMEAR @ Aug 6 2008, 03:11 PM) [snapback]1458095[/snapback]

I highly doubt they would go backwards [M$] to WXP, it's no longer available. (Legally)
That pretty much counts me out until I get an isolated Vista system on my network.

6 shooter
QUOTE(SMEAR @ Aug 7 2008, 12:11 AM) [snapback]1458095[/snapback]

I expect requirements to be more or less like that, and since I only meet Sound Card reqs with my PC, I'd rather buy the console for the sole pleasure of playing GTA IV (and maybe some FIFA game in the future).
Dedeleko

where did you get that from? if it's correct then i can play it on even high graphics smile.gif

CPU: Dual Core
RAM: 2GB
Video Card: 8500GT (512mb)
HDD Space: 33GB
Sound Card: dunno lol
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Dedeleko @ Aug 7 2008, 06:08 AM) [snapback]1458192[/snapback]

where did you get that from?

Dedeleko, this is your most intelligent post ever.

SMEAR, can we get a source? Don't make me bust out my [bullshit]your post[/bullshit] tags.
Dedeleko
rolleyes.gif
SMEAR
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 7 2008, 09:04 AM) [snapback]1458220[/snapback]

SMEAR, can we get a source? Don't make me bust out my [bullshit]your post[/bullshit] tags.

I dont have a source i got it from another forum, its most likely fake but its better than nothing.
§ynch
QUOTE(SMEAR @ Aug 7 2008, 11:30 AM) [snapback]1458273[/snapback]
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 7 2008, 09:04 AM) [snapback]1458220[/snapback]

I dont have a source i got it from another forum, its most likely fake but its better than nothing.

Fake is NOT better than nothing.

Stoic Person Eater, commence with the tagging please. tongue.gif
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(§ynch @ Aug 7 2008, 05:16 PM) [snapback]1458309[/snapback]

Stoic Person Eater, commence with the tagging please. :P

I'm just glad he admitted he read it off of another forum. Honesty is the best policy.

Unless the requirements come from a R* website or a site where the R* website is cited; I assure you it's just fanboy speculation.

I'm guessing that the requirements will be a little beefier than those listed, but like I said, we'll have to wait and see.
§ynch
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 11 2008, 06:07 AM) [snapback]1458832[/snapback]
QUOTE(§ynch @ Aug 7 2008, 05:16 PM) [snapback]1458309[/snapback]

Stoic Person Eater, commence with the tagging please. tongue.gif

I'm just glad he admitted he read it off of another forum. Honesty is the best policy.

Unless the requirements come from a R* website or a site where the R* website is cited; I assure you it's just fanboy speculation.

I'm guessing that the requirements will be a little beefier than those listed, but like I said, we'll have to wait and see.

Exactly.
I'm surprised they announced the release so early this time around.
[May be due to the press leak]
No mention of specs or OS minimums, wait and see.
I'm still thinking Vista only. Hope I'm wrong. rolleyes.gif
Dedeleko
mmh i don't know if they gonna make it vista only because i think there aren't so much people with vista yet (correct me if im wrong) and maybe they might release 2 versions? tongue.gif 1 XP and 1 vista tongue.gif
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Dedeleko @ Aug 12 2008, 07:45 AM) [snapback]1459004[/snapback]
mmh i don't know if they gonna make it vista only because i think there aren't so much people with vista yet (correct me if im wrong) and maybe they might release 2 versions? :P 1 XP and 1 vista :P

I'm thinking it will be a single disc that is compatible with both versions.

It would be crazy if they only released to Vista, GTAIV would end up costing $60, plus the price of the Vista upgrade and THEN memory and other upgrades to make Vista function properly... might be better just to have gotten a console 4 months ago...
Dedeleko
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 12 2008, 04:20 PM) [snapback]1459020[/snapback]
mmh i don't know if they gonna make it vista only because i think there aren't so much people with vista yet (correct me if im wrong) and maybe they might release 2 versions? tongue.gif 1 XP and 1 vista tongue.gif

It would be crazy if they only released to Vista, GTAIV would end up costing $60, plus the price of the Vista upgrade and THEN memory and other upgrades to make Vista function properly... might be better just to have gotten a console 4 months ago...

is a single disc with 2 versions on it possible? snf (31).gif
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Dedeleko @ Aug 12 2008, 12:46 PM) [snapback]1459050[/snapback]
is a single disc with 2 versions on it possible?

I have no idea whether or not the game will fit on one disc to begin with, I assume so. As for the two versions, there are programs (and games) that are made for XP and (mostly) compatible with Vista. I'm not sure they would need TWO versions, just one that's compatible to both. Of course, in that logic lies the potential for numerous errors.

It will be interesting to see what R* does, especially since XP is no longer for sale.
Dedeleko
ye indeed, im sure they will be coming up with something nice
EvoZ
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 12 2008, 02:20 PM) [snapback]1459020[/snapback]

Considering a regular Dvd is about 4.5gigs and the Game for the consoles where about 6.5gigs, I'd say one version compatible with xp and Vista on either a single dual layer dvd or 2 dvd's. Not everyone is going to be using vista atm, just cause the Xp sales have been stopped. I'm sure there are millions of guys still using Xp and It would be very unfair to make it vista exclusive. Also as a business Rockstar will be trying to make the most profit out of this and not trying to increase the sales of vista for Microsoft!

Pc game should be cost around 25-30$
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(EvoZ @ Aug 14 2008, 01:06 PM) [snapback]1459467[/snapback]

I assure you, it will be more than $50.
§ynch
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 14 2008, 10:24 AM) [snapback]1459474[/snapback]

At least the price of the 360/PS3 version.
A year from now, on Craigslist and Ebay, sure it'll be lower.
But the first 6 months of sales, at least $50.
I'll lean more towards $60.
WaRmRock
YESSSSSSSSS.................

Finally GTA IV for PC... weeeeeeeeeeee....

cant w8 to play gtaiv..... happy.gif
Dedeleko
i have played it today on my friends PS3 and its just great biggrin.gif
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Dedeleko @ Aug 19 2008, 01:05 PM) [snapback]1460143[/snapback]
i have played it today on my friends PS3 and its just great :D

I'm sincerely glad for you.
trathen93
Hmm i dont know if ill get the pc version.
my pc is lets say, coming close to retirement but not as soon as gta4 is coming to pc
i might have to upgrade my graphics card (if my pc supports a higher quality one) and if it doesnt im screwed and if the game is vista only then quite a fe people are majorly screwed!
doubt that 1 though
EvoZ
QUOTE(§ynch @ Aug 17 2008, 11:15 PM) [snapback]1459871[/snapback]
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 14 2008, 10:24 AM) [snapback]1459474[/snapback]

At least the price of the 360/PS3 version.
A year from now, on Craigslist and Ebay, sure it'll be lower.
But the first 6 months of sales, at least $50.
I'll lean more towards $60.
Console versions of games are costlier because the developers have to pay console licensing fees which come upto around 8-10$ per copy which ultimately gets added to the cost of the game. In case of PC they don't have to do that thus making it cheaper.I'd stick to 40-45$ even though I said 25 earlier but that was cause most of the PC games I've purchased recently are months after their release.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.