Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS HORSE SHIT?!?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Political & World Issues
Skinny 
American Supreme Court, rules that Boy Scouts of America, have the right to ban homosexuals, atheists and agnostics, as troop leaders.

The Boy Scouts, which also exclude atheists and agnostics as leaders, said it has the right to decide who can join its ranks.

Forcing it to accept gays would violate its constitutional right of freedom of association and free speech under the First Amendment, it said.

I'm not saying they don't have the right, it's a private organisation, so they totally do, but don't kids join the Boy Scouts to learn values, and responsibility etc. How can they condone teaching kids a message like "If you don't agree with my beliefs, or are diffrent to me in anyway, you can't join my club"?

The Boy Scouts have turned into a cult of christian fundamentalist BS. If you have kids, don't let them join, take them camping yourself, and skip the lies and such.
Severus Snape
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Aug 6 2008, 08:40 AM) [snapback]1457983[/snapback]
I'm not saying they don't have the right, it's a private organisation, so they totally do, but don't kids join the Boy Scouts to learn values, and responsibility etc. How can they condone teaching kids a message like "If you don't agree with my beliefs, or are diffrent to me in anyway, you can't join my club"?

The Boy Scouts have turned into a cult of christian fundamentalist BS. If you have kids, don't let them join, take them camping yourself, and skip the lies and such.

They are no different than any other organization in the US. All organizations have the right to decide which people become members and which people don't. If you take away the freedom of an organization to decide who can and cannot belong, then you are doing nothing to promote constitutional freedoms of speech and assembly.

Besides - forcing someone to accept you into their club because you are gay, or because you are black, or because you are poor, is nothing more than forced assimilation. Meaning - we are being forced to assimilate to your standards because you feel sad and lonely because of who you are. If you want to be a gay person in scouts, then start your own scouting organization and include only gay people. Don't force me to change the laws and rules of my organization just because you are gay.
Mekstizzle
I can understand gay people, perhaps. But why Athiests and Agnostics, what's that got to do with anything? Do these boy scouts fuckin pray to Jesus/Allah/Whatever all the time or what?
OptimumPx
QUOTE(Slapstizzle @ Aug 6 2008, 01:02 PM) [snapback]1458030[/snapback]
I can understand gay people, perhaps. But why Athiests and Agnostics, what's that got to do with anything? Do these boy scouts fuckin pray to Jesus/Allah/Whatever all the time or what?

The Boy Scouts are a very religious group. In fact the one I was a member of when I was a kid was very closely affiliated with my church. In fact the scout building was on the church's property.
Mattay
I was a boy scout when I was 7 or so. I don't recall being closely affiliated with a church though. We used a community center in town. From what I do remember we did a lot of community service. Cleaning up trash, singing Christmas carrols to the elderly, etc.
Skinny 
QUOTE(Ashley Graham @ Aug 7 2008, 12:32 AM) [snapback]1457988[/snapback]
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Aug 6 2008, 08:40 AM) [snapback]1457983[/snapback]

They are no different than any other organization in the US. All organizations have the right to decide which people become members and which people don't. If you take away the freedom of an organization to decide who can and cannot belong, then you are doing nothing to promote constitutional freedoms of speech and assembly.

My issue isn't with the supreme court, it's with the Boy Scout organisation themselves. It's just... how can they think they are helping kids become better functioning members of society, by teaching them racism, biggotry and to ostricise people who don't agree with them.

QUOTE(Mek)
I can understand gay people

You can? huh.gif
asthenia
It's Religion, if they think they're improving society, then there's no changing their mind.
shootthebandit
LOL your taking this too seriously. the reason you cant be a gay scout is because there would be so many 'camp' jokes.

you should create the anti~scouts: a group of un-patriotic, gay, devil worshipping kids. they sit round the camp fire listening to LED ZEP, drinking booze and killing stuff. they dont sell cookies but they sell drugs. they would own the normal scouts.
Skinny 
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Aug 8 2008, 10:13 AM) [snapback]1458341[/snapback]
LOL your taking this too seriously. the reason you cant be a gay scout is because there would be so many 'camp' jokes.

you should create the anti~scouts: a group of un-patriotic, gay, devil worshipping kids. they sit round the camp fire listening to LED ZEP, drinking booze and killing stuff. they dont sell cookies but they sell drugs. they would own the normal scouts.

Oh, I will, you can be sure of that (save the homosexuality).
Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Aug 8 2008, 02:32 AM) [snapback]1458365[/snapback]
save the homosexuals!

Ah, the truth comes out. tongue.gif c===B
Darth Sexy
I love how it assumes that all homosexuals are also boy hungry paedophiles.
Skinny 
QUOTE(Darth Sexy @ Aug 19 2008, 07:17 PM) [snapback]1460086[/snapback]

Yeah, not to mention that straight men teach their daughters in school, without constant rape.
§ynch
QUOTE(Mattay @ Aug 6 2008, 04:20 PM) [snapback]1458110[/snapback]
I was a boy scout when I was 7 or so. I don't recall being closely affiliated with a church though. We used a community center in town. From what I do remember we did a lot of community service. Cleaning up trash, singing Christmas carrols to the elderly, etc.

We cleared fire trails in cubs.
I was a cub scout from 7-9,
Weblos from 9-12, [my mom was den mother]
then official Boy Scout from 12-13.
We always did community work with
the county forestry service, and then
the bay area oceanography society.
The next option was called Sea Scout.
Camping was the funnest trips.
None of our Scout Troops were ever
associated with any churches at all.
Skinny 
QUOTE(§ynch @ Aug 20 2008, 03:20 PM) [snapback]1460202[/snapback]
QUOTE(Mattay @ Aug 6 2008, 04:20 PM) [snapback]1458110[/snapback]

We cleared fire trails in cubs.
I was a cub scout from 7-9,
Weblos from 9-12, [my mom was den mother]
then official Boy Scout from 12-13.
We always did community work with
the county forestry service, and then
the bay area oceanography society.
The next option was called Sea Scout.
Camping was the funnest trips.
None of our Scout Troops were ever
associated with any churches at all.

Exactly, it's not a christian organisation.
DiO
QUOTE(Mattay @ Aug 6 2008, 06:20 PM) [snapback]1458110[/snapback]
From what I do remember we did a lot of community service. Cleaning up trash, singing Christmas carrols to the elderly, etc.

Wow, a gay leader would be excellent at those things.

QUOTE(Skinny. @ Aug 7 2008, 01:25 AM) [snapback]1458155[/snapback]
QUOTE(Mek)

You can? huh.gif

Yes, he can speak gay. Not perfectly bilingual but pretty close.

QUOTE(Darth Sexy @ Aug 19 2008, 04:17 AM) [snapback]1460086[/snapback]

We'll being gay is a sin so they might aswell go all the way if they're condemned.[/retardation]
Severus Snape
QUOTE(Albiskinth4yn3ia @ Aug 20 2008, 01:11 PM) [snapback]1460309[/snapback]
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Aug 7 2008, 01:25 AM) [snapback]1458155[/snapback]
QUOTE(Mek)

You can? huh.gif

Yes, he can speak gay. Not perfectly bilingual but pretty close.

That would be bisexual, not bilingual.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.