Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fable 2
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2
USB360
Fable ll * to be released in October *

Official Site:
Fable ll - Official site

Screenshots:
Fable ll - Screenshots

Videos:
1st Trailer
2nd Trailer
Edited Trailer Montaged i think.
Fable ll - Announcement at E3
Fable ll - Pub Games: Xbox Live Arcade

News:
Pre-Order and get..
---
Impressions
Indy
This and gears are the only games I care about atm. Looks awesome, I hope i'm not disappointed. Molyneux has a tendency for making promises that he doesnt keep.
Vegera
I pre-ordered yesterday. I can't wait for this game to come out, and take over my life!!
TwoFacedTanner
I got it last night at midnight.
Its pretty fun. Im still trying to figure out what the hell Im doing...but, haha, I am almost a master woodcutter.

You dont get gold for your quests anymore, so you pretty much have to work to make money.
And I really love using guns, the combat is easy and fun!

I figure any game that starts out with your character getting shit on by a bird is gonna be classic.

Oh, and the expressions are different this time around.
You can hold the expression button down to make it go longer and have more of an effect.
And this little meter comes up, and the longer you hold it the smaller this sweet spot you have to land on gets.
If you miss the sweet spot, then you end up doing some pretty fun stuff making yourself look like a idiot. Haha
Sharting has never been more fun.

The dog is cool too.
And the, er, I guess its British humor in the game is pretty funny haha.
bOnEs
sounds like a cool game from what i've read... the ability to be whoever you want to be... too bad it's an xbox exclusive angry.gif...
DiO
This is the only 360 exclusive that pisses me off. I couldn't give a fuck about GoW or Halo. Me wanteey this gaEm! Me wanteey this gaEm! Me wanteey this gaEm!
Sharpie Fetish
QUOTE(Distruckshun-OvardriEv @ Oct 21 2008, 05:16 PM) [snapback]1469326[/snapback]
This is the only 360 exclusive that pisses me off. I couldn't give a fuck about GoW or Halo. Me wanteey this gaEm! Me wanteey this gaEm! Me wanteey this gaEm!

You can have it all you need to do i suck my dick.

On topic it looks like a bad ass game havent got it yet though
Indy
Can't fuckin wait, too bad the EU release date is this friday, pretty ridiculous considering the game is made in Britain.
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(IndĄ @ Oct 21 2008, 02:59 PM) [snapback]1469351[/snapback]
Can't fuckin wait, too bad the EU release date is this friday, pretty ridiculous considering the game is made in Britain.

Thats because America rules!
haha No, Im joking. I wonder about that too...

Hey at least you're not in Australia, they get their games later than everyone.

Oh and D-O, you talk about Fable 2 pissing you off because its an Xbox Exclusive?
I felt the same way when I learned MGS4 was a PS3 exclusive sad.gif

But anywho, yeah, there is one cool feature I found today...the ability to dye your hair and clothes with any color dye you find...and its not permanent, you can take it out whenever you wish.
Benzilla
This is probably going to be game of the year, yet I'm not hyped on it for some reason...

GoW 2 sad.gif
Pieface
Getting it next week when I get paid hopefully.
Darth Sexy
Picking this one up after work tomorrow. I'm excited.
Pieface
ITS OUT IN AUSTRALIA BEFORE ENGLAND?!?
Indy
what
the
fuck.

Australia gets it before EU. fuck.
TwoFacedTanner
WHAT THE FUCK IS RIGHT!

Australia doesnt get their games usually till after judgement day...According to that guy from zero punctuation.
DiO
QUOTE(Benzilla @ Oct 22 2008, 02:02 AM) [snapback]1469380[/snapback]
This is probably going to be game of the year.

Don't be so sure. There are so many good games coming out. LBP is a sure contender.
PabloHoneyOle
I never played Fable 2 and wouldn't consider myself a huge 'RPG' person, but this game has absolutely captivated me over the past few days. This forum alone has stimulated a ton of interest. Thank you.

I'm trying to allocate some funding right now, maybe selling off a few older games, but I will be getting this game very soon. I was debating on getting Far Cry 2, GOW2 or Dead Space, but hands down, this looks like one of the best games I've ever seen.
Kamahl
QUOTE(Distruckshun-OvardriEv @ Oct 22 2008, 10:50 AM) [snapback]1469419[/snapback]

Don't be so sure. There are so many good games coming out. LBP is a sure contender.

none of those are even possible choices...

its between MGS4 and GTA IV, those are the only games that got a lot of 10s including on IGN and Gamespot... id say LBP will be third (got a 9.8, 9.5 and 9.2 on IGN) and Fable 2 only got a 8.8 and 9.5 there so i doubt it has a chance.
DiO
QUOTE(Kamahl @ Oct 23 2008, 04:32 PM) [snapback]1469543[/snapback]
QUOTE(Distruckshun-OvardriEv @ Oct 22 2008, 10:50 AM) [snapback]1469419[/snapback]

none of those are even possible choices...

its between MGS4 and GTA IV, those are the only games that got a lot of 10s including on IGN and Gamespot... id say LBP will be third (got a 9.8, 9.5 and 9.2 on IGN) and Fable 2 only got a 8.8 and 9.5 there so i doubt it has a chance.

True. Itll probably go to GTA IV if its a general population vote. But if its industry insiders that choose, I think MGS might take it.
Indy
I think you're both wrong. Forgot about a little game called Fallout 3?
Kamahl
QUOTE(IndĄ @ Oct 24 2008, 04:29 PM) [snapback]1469652[/snapback]
I think you're both wrong. Forgot about a little game called Fallout 3?

the difference is that MGS4 and GTA IV4 have already been reviewed, Fallout 3 still has to get the scores, i have no doubts that it will have high scores but i dont think it will get a 10 from gamespot or IGN... a 9.7 max i think
DuPz0r
What is the Score for Fable 2? It keeps catching my eye, even though i don't own an xbox360, i still love RPG's. And this game looks like a really good fantasy world.
Indy
I think its 90 on metacritic. Peter Moleynuex said before its release that the game is about a 9/10, pretty good guess tbh. I've just bought it, i'll play it later, still a little hungover, i'll review it or something.
Amnesiac
I had to dust off the 360 for this one... Traded in Guitar Hero last night and got it.

Pretty sweet game. Voice acting is MUCH better than the last one.

And it has stephen fry!
Darth Sexy
Stephen Fry is fucking hilarious in it. Ron Glass is good, too. Am I the only one who was quite disappointed by the ending, though?
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(Darth Sexy @ Oct 27 2008, 05:10 AM) [snapback]1469874[/snapback]
Stephen Fry is fucking hilarious in it. Ron Glass is good, too. Am I the only one who was quite disappointed by the ending, though?

I made the mistake in that cavern, It made me really old.
That pissed me off. Thats the only thing I hated about MY ending.

But other than that, I liked it.
I was so good with guns, I just fine aimed at his head and killed him with one shot...

o_O

It was pretty cool if you ask me.
And it made sense. [spoiler]He was trying to get all that power, and you used that box to take it from him. [/spoiler]
So he was just a man.
He wasn't like the guy in the first one who was like a near god type person.

I do have one complaint about the game...the gargoyles.
I don't know what accent they have...and I know you guys from the UK are probably gonna hate me for that.
Its either scottish or Irish...he says "you cannot hit me"...but in his accent he says "You canny hit me!"
Drives me nuts...
But then again, thats what they're supposed to do
Indy
I've just located the Theif, how long left till I complete the game? No spoilers please, I love this game.
Darth Sexy
You're nearing the end.
Pieface
OK, who agrees with me that Chesty IS THE BEST GOD-DAMN THING IN THE WORLD!
Indy
wow this game is fucking short. I just don't get it some times, you spend all this time to create a beautiful universe, then you only give the gamer a few hours to enjoy it. That's why I love Bethesda.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(IndĄ @ Oct 28 2008, 09:21 AM) [snapback]1470013[/snapback]
wow this game is fucking short. I just don't get it some times, you spend all this time to create a beautiful universe, then you only give the gamer a few hours to enjoy it. That's why I love Bethesda.

Is there much replay value? Can you continue playing after the quests in a sandbox environment?
Indy
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Oct 28 2008, 01:35 PM) [snapback]1470016[/snapback]
QUOTE(IndĄ @ Oct 28 2008, 09:21 AM) [snapback]1470013[/snapback]

Is there much replay value? Can you continue playing after the quests in a sandbox environment?

I havn't compeleted it yet, but there is definetly alot of replay value, you can take a different path. After completing the main quest, there are supposed to be more quests to complete, but you can definetly continue playing after the main quest. I'm personally trying to buy every single property in the game lol. I'm really no where near, but it would be a self achievement.
Pieface
Ive got all the achievements now. So.. Yeah.. May come back to this game if Fallout 3 doesn't live up to the hype.
Indy
Oh wow, I just completed the story. I must say, this game has the hardest choices you must make, the ending is brilliant.
Pieface
QUOTE(IndĄ @ Oct 28 2008, 07:57 PM) [snapback]1470039[/snapback]
Oh wow, I just completed the story. I must say, this game has the hardest choices you must make, the ending is brilliant.

Which ending did you choose?

I chose [spoiler]love, I ain't losing that damn dog.[/spoiler]
Indy
Same, I rekon most people choose that.
[spoiler]Peter Moleneux is brilliant, he really attached me to that dog, even when I thought I wasn't, the choice at the end really showed me I did.[/spoiler]
I think Mr Moleneux really delivered this time around.
Pieface
I do, but it was nowhere near as good as the original Fable. I would of liked some Armour instead of running around in a Chicken suit.
TwoFacedTanner
[spoiler]I picked the love ending too. Then I felt bad. Because even though I loved that dog, Thousands of people were dead just so I could have my dog and family[/spoiler]...What made it worse was that I was married to a whore that I met in Bloodstone.
Amnesiac
Must... not... highlight... spoilers.

I just found the Mage. When do I find the rest?
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(Amnesiac @ Oct 28 2008, 05:30 PM) [snapback]1470066[/snapback]
Must... not... highlight... spoilers.

I just found the Mage. When do I find the rest?

Oh that handy little breadcrumb trail will lead you right to them wink.gif
Amnesiac
Not where, when? I'm hoping the game's not ending anytime soon, 's all.
Darth Sexy
Nah, you've got a fair bit to go yet.

I made the same choice as those above me did. It seemed to me to be the only really feasible one.

Indy
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Oct 28 2008, 09:28 PM) [snapback]1470063[/snapback]
[spoiler]I picked the love ending too. Then I felt bad. Because even though I loved that dog, Thousands of people were dead just so I could have my dog and family[/spoiler]...What made it worse was that I was married to a whore that I met in Bloodstone.

Yeah well, I married a whore from Westcliff.
Amnesiac
That ending fucking sucked.
[spoiler]I shot Lucien once in the head and he dies? Just the fuck like that? The spire thing was the boss fight? And I had to choose Love just to get my fucking dog back. And it said my family was resurrected as well, but I never married or had kids. What the fuck?[/spoiler]

Might as well just wait for Fallout 3.
Indy
[spoiler]Yeah killing Lucien should have been harder, an epic fight would have been suitable, but meh.[/spoiler]
Harrop
Is this game worth getting, would I finish it and get all the achievements if I rented it for 7 days?
Alot of people seem to have finished it and got 1000G quite quickly.
I'm defo not gonna buy it because its not my type of game but everyone keeps going on about it so it must be pretty good.
Pieface
I got all the achievements after 4 days solid playing. Rent it, wish I did now really.
Harrop
QUOTE(Pieface @ Oct 29 2008, 02:18 PM) [snapback]1470130[/snapback]
I got all the achievements after 4 days solid playing. Rent it, wish I did now really.

How many hours would you say you put in though, because I'd only be able to play like 4 hours a day because of work and stuff well apart from weekends, and do you have to have played the first one to understand what’s going on because I haven't.
DiO
I heard mixed review about this game. Like the dialogue and voice work is crap. I heard the story is crap. I heard the fighting and 2-players were also crap.

*Googles synonyms for crap.
Harrop
I've just looked at the graphics on a video on YouTube and they are just fucking awful, maybe even shitter than a PS2 game, I don't think I will get this actually, I'd rather rent Dead Space, Fallout 3 or Far Cry 2, they all look better than this imo.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.