Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Skate 2
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Seeen
They released a new trailer for Skate 2. This game looks fun as hell.

Sorry, no link. Just check it out on YouTube.
GLC
vid:
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ndc5YbQM0gA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ndc5YbQM0gA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
info:
PS3,Xbox 360
Release Date: TBA 2009
Following on EA's breakthrough success with the innovative original, this follow-up to Skate promises to once again push the envelope for skateboarding fans.

--------

a little while to wait yet,but will most probably buy the game.
DiO
The first one was aweosme. A pretty big learning curve but I got pretty good at it. The new one looks evem more complex.
TheAnalogKid2112
I hope they add some new shit to do after you beat it.. I got so sick of that game.
Pieface
Indeed the first one was awesome, I completed the game fully and still wanted to play more.
BioSphere
this game looks so awsome! I was hoping that you'd be able to walk and you can! That new feature being able to move things? that looks sweet!
After thug 2 the tony hawk games just started going downhill really bad. This makes up for them so much...
Cant w8! This game and killzone 2 are the games im looking foward to in the future.
TheAnalogKid2112
"On May 19th a short teaser and a short plot description were released by EA. While no information was given about the gameplay or technical aspects of the game, it was said the game will take place five years after the original. It was also hinted that the difficulty will be tweaked. As it stands now the story revolves around your character's disappearance, and the resulting security that has been tightened in San Vanelona.
During an interview with IGN, Scott Blackwood, executive producer on the title, has revealed some new updates on what to expect. Skate 2 picks up five years after the events of Skate It, San Vanelona was left desolated and in ruins. Since then a mega corporation called Mongo Corp. rebuilt it, and gave the city a complete overhaul creating "New San Vanelona." There are plenty of new places to skate including more skateparks, raw street spots, crazy hill bombs, and sick pools. Security will be back and definitely playing an important role. The game will stay true to the original 'Flick it' control scheme. This time around the player will be able to use their hands and feet in different ways to do bonelesses, no complies, finger-flips, inverts, hippie-jumps etc, also the ramp mechanics have been modified allowing the skater to do inverts, one foot airs, grab grinds and more. The two other additions to the controls in Skate 2 are the "Grab the World" and "Dismount" buttons, both of which offer a ton more game play possibilities. Shown in a recent trailer, the skater is able to get of the skateboard and move around. Many sponsorship partners from original Skate will be returning as well as some new brands."
DiO
Sounds like they've added enough stuff worthy of a buy. One thing I want them to take out is the side kick. That was a stupid product placement. Id want it a generic unbranded phone. All the other products are justified because they are bands of boards, clothes ect.
BioSphere
This looks like it has so much replay value!
TwoFacedTanner
Than animations look stiff to me in the video. =/
TheAnalogKid2112
If there are PS3 trophies, I'll so buy it. Otherwise nooooooo
DiO
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Aug 5 2008, 12:43 AM) [snapback]1457743[/snapback]
If there are PS3 trophies, I'll so buy it. Otherwise nooooooo

Meh, I wouldnt base my decision on trophies. I couldnt care about them.
TheAnalogKid2112
Sick shit http://ps3.ign.com/articles/896/896317p1.html
shootthebandit
this would be fun with the GTA4 physic engine.

i liked the tony hawk one with random peds that you could kill that was a LOL.
GLC
QUOTE(BioSphere @ Aug 4 2008, 12:07 AM) [snapback]1457477[/snapback]
After thug 2 the tony hawk games just started going downhill really bad. This makes up for them so much...

Imo,with the exception of american wasteland which i thought was great,i agree.
i'm happy this doesn't come out for a while as there are a few games coming out soon that i want more than this.if this were to come out in the next few months i wouldn't get it,or i would and not touch it for 2 months sad.gif
BioSphere
QUOTE(G~L~C @ Aug 5 2008, 06:53 AM) [snapback]1457788[/snapback]

i'm happy this doesn't come out for a while as there are a few games coming out soon that i want more than this.if this were to come out in the next few months i wouldn't get it,or i would and not touch it for 2 months sad.gif

Well wasteland was there and wasnt ther for me. the graphics were so so.. I liked the graphics from thug 1 and 2 better. realistic but not too realistic. I didnt like road they took for wasteland so much. thats what made the rest go down that suckish road. After THP8 was released all i thought was that it was rushed and they were only about the graphics. The funness wasnt there anymore. I gave up on THPS games and went to SKATE. And I was very pleased with the first one. And 2 looks like its gonna be a blast.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(BioSphere @ Aug 5 2008, 04:17 PM) [snapback]1457907[/snapback]
QUOTE(G~L~C @ Aug 5 2008, 06:53 AM) [snapback]1457788[/snapback]

Well wasteland was there and wasnt ther for me. the graphics were so so.. I liked the graphics from thug 1 and 2 better. realistic but not too realistic. I didnt like road they took for wasteland so much. thats what made the rest go down that suckish road. After THP8 was released all i thought was that it was rushed and they were only about the graphics. The funness wasnt there anymore. I gave up on THPS games and went to SKATE. And I was very pleased with the first one. And 2 looks like its gonna be a blast.

Yeah. Totally. Thug 2 had so much humor in it. All kinds of fun shit to do. IMO Thug 2 was the best. Thug 1 was truly amazing, though.
DiO
I cant see anything the tony hawk skater franchise can do to make a better game then skate other than completely ripping of skate's thumbstick flick system.
1UP
QUOTE(Albino @ Aug 6 2008, 01:35 PM) [snapback]1458047[/snapback]
I cant see anything the tony hawk skater franchise can do to make a better game then skate other than completely ripping of skate's thumbstick flick system.

Agreed, Thug 1 and 2 was massive fun and lotsa crazy shit in some of the lvls, Project 8 just kinda sucked, everything just seemed off and it stopped being fun. Skate seems to have innovation on its side, but still after the flick system wears off some it wasn't as fun as thug games were. Skate's very fun system but it still lacks in areas. This is looking pretty promising tho, I think it'll be worth a buy try out to see just how much improvement they plan to do.

I also missed the level based thing, open ended doesn't take you to crazy locations. which was my problem with wasteland and project 8 ect. Nothing was as cool as doing a board slide down the barrel of a tank. =(
DiO
QUOTE(1UP @ Aug 7 2008, 03:02 AM) [snapback]1458165[/snapback]
Skate seems to have innovation on its side, but still after the flick system wears off some it wasn't as fun as thug games were. Skate's very fun system but it still lacks in areas. This is looking pretty promising tho, I think it'll be worth a buy try out to see just how much improvement they plan to do.

It doesn't wear off if your good enough at it. Im constantly trying to make my lines as clean as possible. And always looking for creative places to do hard tricks that other wouldn't have though of. Then I upload them, download them and put them together and upload it all on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oceLliXx9Tw

*is working on a second
1UP
QUOTE(Albino @ Aug 7 2008, 02:49 AM) [snapback]1458173[/snapback]
Skate seems to have innovation on its side, but still after the flick system wears off some it wasn't as fun as thug games were. Skate's very fun system but it still lacks in areas. This is looking pretty promising tho, I think it'll be worth a buy try out to see just how much improvement they plan to do.

It doesn't wear off if your good enough at it. Im constantly trying to make my lines as clean as possible. And always looking for creative places to do hard tricks that other wouldn't have though of. Then I upload them, download them and put them together and upload it all on youtube.

I didn't mean it like that. I just think the THUG games had more fun things to do in them, that flick system is very good innovation, I was mostly just pointing out everything in SKATE other then the trick system. I couldn't think of the right word to use, I meant after the general excitement of it goes away you start noticing some things quickly. I liked the crazy stunts that were in the THUG games. SKATE still seemed un-tapped, then again allot of thought prolly went into that trick system itself. I am very curious to see what the difference will be for SKATE 2, far as I know Tony hawk games are dead now so I hope SKATE 2 makes a great game.
DiO
QUOTE(1UP @ Aug 7 2008, 04:02 AM) [snapback]1458176[/snapback]

I didn't mean it like that. I just think the THUG games had more fun things to do in them, that flick system is very good innovation, I was mostly just pointing out everything in SKATE other then the trick system. I couldn't think of the right word to use, I meant after the general excitement of it goes away you start noticing some things quickly. I liked the crazy stunts that were in the THUG games. SKATE still seemed un-tapped, then again allot of thought prolly went into that trick system itself. I am very curious to see what the difference will be for SKATE 2, far as I know Tony hawk games are dead now so I hope SKATE 2 makes a great game.

Well it certianly had more modes. After skate I found the core gameplay of the series to fake and mindless. So alll thse little extra things I couldnt care about. Its like the whole IV vs SA thing.

edit

Watch my vid, a-hole!
1UP
QUOTE(Albino @ Aug 7 2008, 03:19 AM) [snapback]1458178[/snapback]
QUOTE(1UP @ Aug 7 2008, 04:02 AM) [snapback]1458176[/snapback]

Well it certianly had more modes. After skate I found the core gameplay of the series to fake and mindless. So alll thse little extra things I couldnt care about. Its like the whole IV vs SA thing.

edit

Watch my vid, a-hole!

What vid!
Pieface
[youtube]oceLliXx9Tw[/youtube]

I'm guessing he means this 1 star rated video he posted.
Indy
nice to see you could walk, them stairs where annoying.
DiO
QUOTE(Pieface @ Aug 8 2008, 03:26 PM) [snapback]1458446[/snapback]
[youtube]oceLliXx9Tw[/youtube]

I'm guessing he means this 1 star rated video he posted.

Fuck the star system. It was probably some asshole that voted without actually watching it. (YOU?!)
Pieface
Well to be fair, I was one of the TWO people to vote 1 star yes.
1UP
^lulz, I didn't like the video that much, good parts but most of it was mindless sloppy joe work. Nah not that bad, but wasn't great either.lol
DiO
QUOTE(Pieface @ Aug 10 2008, 04:29 AM) [snapback]1458649[/snapback]

I lol'd. Your just jealous becasue I am better at that game than you are.

QUOTE(1UP @ Aug 10 2008, 02:16 PM) [snapback]1458716[/snapback]
^lulz, I didn't like the video that much, good parts but most of it was mindless sloppy joe work. Nah not that bad, but wasn't great either.lol

Its tricks off I did off a video game with shitty editing. What did you expect?

I've seen shittier replays form the game that have more than one star. Not to mention all the utter shit that goes on youtube. Its also a waste of time wathcing it if you havent played the game. 2.5 would be fair. It was more about making it than it is watching. I love the game, it was fun doing. I can't wait to see what I can come up with in the new one.
Pieface
I > Everyone

Hence I got all 1000 on the 360 version >_>
DuPz0r
I got bored of skating games after tony hawks 2. I did try the Skate demo, it seemed pretty complex just to pull off simple moves, so i never tried it again. There isn't much more new things you can add to a skating game imo.
DiO
QUOTE(DuPz0r™ @ Aug 11 2008, 05:35 AM) [snapback]1458826[/snapback]
I got bored of skating games after tony hawks 2. I did try the Skate demo, it seemed pretty complex just to pull off simple moves, so i never tried it again. There isn't much more new things you can add to a skating game imo.

Lmfao, try not sucking and the game is a lot funner.
DuPz0r
It wasn't about sucking, it just seemed like to much effort just to flip a board. It isn't what i'd call fun.
Samurai_tbag
Can't wait.
Pieface
QUOTE(DuPz0rô @ Aug 11 2008, 05:47 PM) [snapback]1458879[/snapback]
It wasn't about sucking, it just seemed like to much effort just to flip a board. It isn't what i'd call fun.

You can't be perfect at every game from the off, its a game where you progressed more and more.
1UP
QUOTE(Albino @ Aug 10 2008, 03:59 PM) [snapback]1458754[/snapback]

I've seen shittier replays form the game that have more than one star. Not to mention all the utter shit that goes on youtube. Its also a waste of time wathcing it if you havent played the game. 2.5 would be fair. It was more about making it than it is watching. I love the game, it was fun doing. I can't wait to see what I can come up with in the new one.

Not the editing, I mean some of the trick combos looked awkward during parts where the movements looked impossible, I cant say much besides I like things moving realistic. I have a real problem with disliking it when the leg moves 4 feet in a split second. o_o
DiO
QUOTE(1UP @ Aug 14 2008, 12:44 PM) [snapback]1459451[/snapback]
QUOTE(Albino @ Aug 10 2008, 03:59 PM) [snapback]1458754[/snapback]

Not the editing, I mean some of the trick combos looked awkward during parts where the movements looked impossible, I cant say much besides I like things moving realistic. I have a real problem with disliking it when the leg moves 4 feet in a split second. o_o

Take that up with the game's animatiors. If not my fault I can flick my thumbstiks at lightspeed.
Indy
Well the release date has been announced for January 09.
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/925/925928p1.html
TheAnalogKid2112
Cool. I might buy it.
Benzilla
1st was a great game, 2nd doesn't look much different in the teaser?
DiO
QUOTE(Benzilla @ Nov 3 2008, 02:33 AM) [snapback]1470605[/snapback]
1st was a great game, 2nd doesn't look much different in the teaser?

There is more than just that teaser. I am probably getting this game. Other than new areas to skate there is new tricks. Take a look. Getting off your board makes it that much more realistic.

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/1423497...rix_092908.html

Indy
Yeah, ollying those stairs was really annoying lol, and skating up hill.
DiO
Not to mention instead of falling over when you hit a small bump at low speed he just jumps off the board. Moving environmental objects pretty much makes it endless with game play. Sure its not as drastic as Tony Hawks park creater but it is more realistic. Kicking the board at peds looks funny as hell.
Indy
I loved the ragdoll effects, all those failed jumps, I wanna see broken bones though.
Dr. Evil
Why is everyone talking shit about Distruckshun's vid? It wasn't too bad. I love gapping things, the railing at 3:27 is one of my favorites. I never really got bored with after beating the game. I would just mess around, try to up my score on the own the spots. Can't wait for the second. Walking will be awesome. Skating uphill all the time was a pain in the ass. Same thing with the stairs. From watching the trailer should be able to handplants, that'll be sweet.
Harrop
QUOTE(Ind• @ Nov 5 2008, 06:36 PM) [snapback]1470834[/snapback]
Yeah, ollying those stairs was really annoying lol, and skating up hill.

HongKongPhooey
not bad video d-o but your still a 3x whore, i hope they take that shit out in skate2
DiO
QUOTE(HongKongPhooey @ Nov 6 2008, 08:36 AM) [snapback]1470902[/snapback]
not bad video d-o but your still a 3x whore, i hope they take that shit out in skate2

Just cause your thumbs aren't fast enough! angry.gif

I got enough replays for a second vid but they are all on my computer that is being fixed. This one is more impressive. I also hope to get a better video editor.
HongKongPhooey
3x whore
PabloHoneyOle
Instead of buying this game, I am just going to go outside and skate for real.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.