Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Head Injury resulting in Dementia - Possible cause of the Beniot incident.
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Political & World Issues
DiO
I had just watched The Fifth Estate. It is a new information series that spans over many issues. This episode sheds light on new evidence in not only what happened with Chris Beniot but many other cases of pro-athletes suffering concussions. It doesn't deny that I might have been due to steriod use, but it offers another theory.

An investigation into the deaths of Chris Benoit, his wife and son, by reporter Bob McKeown reveals that Benoit also may have been the victim of a physical condition brought on by years of undiagnosed concussions.
http://origin.www.cbc.ca/fifth/fighttothedeath/index.html

It was said that when examining the brains of football players and Benoit, they found a protein that is found in 80 year olds that suffer from dementia. Meanwhile most of these men where over 40 years younger.

The Benoit murder-suicide struck Nowinski as being uncannily similar to the former football players who committed suicide after displaying increasingly erratic behaviour.
Former Pittsburgh Steeler Terry Long died at the age of 45 in June, 2005 after drinking antifreeze.
Ex-Pittsburgh lineman Justin Strzelczyk drove his car into oncoming traffic on September 30, 2004, crashing into a tanker truck, losing his life in the explosion. He was 36 years old.
Former Philadelphia Eagle and father of three, Andre Waters, died of self-inflicted wounds when he took a shotgun to his head in November, 2006. He was 44.

Analysis of their brain tissue revealed the presence of a protein usually seen in the brains of elderly people with dementia, but almost never in normal middle-aged men.

http://origin.www.cbc.ca/fifth/fighttothed...oncussions.html

I have a good knowledge of wrestling following it for so many years and reading the books. I've know of how many of them die young. A bad combination of drug, alcohol, pain killers and steriods. If all that wasnt bad enough they would make a living off of them getting their ass kicked multiple times a week.

The growth of the WWE merchandising and broadcasting empire made instant international stars of the Stampede crowd. But, the personal cost for that fame has been enormous.

There are lots of vids there going more im-depth with all these things I suggest you watch if your a wrestling and/or sports fan.
Hardcore Ottoman
Well, I admire that he didn't plead 'crazy' at the court hearing tongue.gif

It's possible, but not much could come of this in terms of bringing back people. All parties involved = dead.
DiO
Yes but it could prevent future incidents and put their families at ease. Releave some of the shame.
Hardcore Ottoman
Maybe... this study isn't exactly proving dementia for all of the deaths in wrestling.
DiO
QUOTE(Fuck Yourself Aaron @ Jul 31 2008, 09:45 PM) [snapback]1457156[/snapback]
Maybe... this study isn't exactly proving dementia for all of the deaths in wrestling.

No but its something else to consider. It certainly goes to show how fucked up the lifestyle is. Awareness can lead to prevention. No research can change the past. Only improve the future.
Skinny†
How exactly is this a world issue?
Hardcore Ottoman
WWE

World Wrestling Federation

Duhuh...
Skinny†
Still doesn't effect people's lives, like, at all.
Hardcore Ottoman
That's right. Because the WWE is comprised of automatons designed for our viewing pleasure--don't worry Johnny, they don't have any souls boyle!
psychÝ
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Aug 1 2008, 01:16 PM) [snapback]1457192[/snapback]
Still doesn't effect people's lives, like, at all.

I agree no one gives a shit, if someone has wasted their life smashing their head, but not actually because it is all fake, then who really gives a fuck.
DiO
This is as much of a world issue as all the fucking JT topics in here. And though it may be "fake" the injuries are very real.
Skinny†
QUOTE(Albino @ Aug 2 2008, 02:16 AM) [snapback]1457228[/snapback]
This is as much of a world issue as all the fucking JT topics in here. And though it may be "fake" the injuries are very real.

No, JT is a public figure, Beniot is an actor (if you can even call him that).

JT's basicly trying to disrupt our civil liberties, by stopping over eight teens seeing what ever they want. That's a political issue. Benoit is on a kids television program.
DiO
I really don't give a fuck if this was moved to general. It doesn't make a difference. I just though it was an on-going issue. It was controversial. It got a lot of news coverage. And general seemed to casual for the subject matter. Lets not get lost in the fact that wrestling is "fake." Theres no one denying it so the constant arguement is pretty pointless. Wrestlers get hurt, football players get hurt. Im sure MMA fighters and boxers get the same thing.

So, any actual though on the topic at hand? (other than "I dont give a shit")
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.