Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: want to have fun?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Multiplayer Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
angeal18
im going to hold a deathmatch tournament. for those who want to join email me. i wil start it when i get 5-16 pepole to join it.

tell me on here also
GLC
i would say im in,but i doubt anyone else will want to join this tourament.so until a few people come and say they're in,im out.
angeal18
QUOTE(G~L~C @ Jul 28 2008, 10:18 AM) [snapback]1456604[/snapback]
i would say im in,but i doubt anyone else will want to join this tourament.so until a few people come and say they're in,im out.

will you help me get people?
is there any events that are going to happen?
by that i mean are other pepole on here having tornaments?
bOnEs
there's no tournaments here... for a while, some of us would do some free-mode stunting... duffman, psy and them with the 360... and one time, me and analogkid2112 did some PS3 stunting... but, it's hard to organize since half the board lives in england and the other half in america... the time zones are something like 6-8 hours apart...

doing something like this is very very hard to coordinate... we used to have a clan section but, there was hardly any activity... i wish you luck in organizing this, and if all goes well, i would be happy to join up but, we'll wait and see... you've got 2 people interested though... it's a start biggrin.gif...

i'm guessing that nirvanafrik might be down too... just guessing though...
angeal18
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jul 28 2008, 07:40 PM) [snapback]1456683[/snapback]
there's no tournaments here... for a while, some of us would do some free-mode stunting... duffman, psy and them with the 360... and one time, me and analogkid2112 did some PS3 stunting... but, it's hard to organize since half the board lives in england and the other half in america... the time zones are something like 6-8 hours apart...

doing something like this is very very hard to coordinate... we used to have a clan section but, there was hardly any activity... i wish you luck in organizing this, and if all goes well, i would be happy to join up but, we'll wait and see... you've got 2 people interested though... it's a start biggrin.gif...

i'm guessing that nirvanafrik might be down too... just guessing though...

tell all the pepole you think might have intrest im what im doing. and thanks for the suport.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(angeal 18 @ Jul 28 2008, 04:35 PM) [snapback]1456697[/snapback]
tell all the pepole you think might have intrest im what im doing. and thanks for the suport.

What kind of tournament? Like an actual tournament or just host a round of Deathmatch?

If you need friends online, just play in any online mode and start sending out friend requests. Once you get a few friends, start a party mode and get a deathmatch going otherwise.
angeal18
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jul 28 2008, 08:39 PM) [snapback]1456700[/snapback]
QUOTE(angeal 18 @ Jul 28 2008, 04:35 PM) [snapback]1456697[/snapback]

What kind of tournament? Like an actual tournament or just host a round of Deathmatch?

If you need friends online, just play in any online mode and start sending out friend requests. Once you get a few friends, start a party mode and get a deathmatch going otherwise.

any kind of tournament. i just thoght it whould be funer with pepole on here.
ViceMan
I'm always up for a deathmatch, but half the ones I get invited to I get a "disconnected from game session" message. So in the end I just play against random people.
GLC
so that four people interested now...
2 in england and one in america (and wherever angeal is from)
would be hard to start but,ok,keep going..

i've done a 'lil stunting with analovingkid too,ill pm him whether he wants to get involved

viceman:being curious,i just did google maps,and i live roughly 21 mins away from you ohmy.gif
ViceMan
QUOTE(G~L~C @ Jul 29 2008, 10:11 AM) [snapback]1456761[/snapback]

That's IF more people show interest, if we're all online at the same time and if my sodding GTA allows me to accept an invite. Well, it does half the time.

viceman:being curious,i just did google maps,and i live roughly 21 mins away from you ohmy.gif

Really, where do you live?

GLC
QUOTE(ViceMan @ Jul 29 2008, 10:52 AM) [snapback]1456767[/snapback]
QUOTE(G~L~C @ Jul 29 2008, 10:11 AM) [snapback]1456761[/snapback]

That's IF more people show interest, if we're all online at the same time and if my sodding GTA allows me to accept an invite. Well, it does half the time.

Really, where do you live?

Dagenham
ViceMan
QUOTE(G~L~C @ Jul 29 2008, 11:02 AM) [snapback]1456768[/snapback]
Dagenham

I know it well. That's why you put your location as "The Toilet" eh? Lol. What part? Barking area or down near Rainham?
GLC
QUOTE(ViceMan @ Jul 29 2008, 01:01 PM) [snapback]1456777[/snapback]
Dagenham

I know it well. That's why you put your location as "The Toilet" eh? Lol. What part? Barking area or down near Rainham?

i'm not too sure why i put that,changing it.

oh,um,near rainham
ViceMan
QUOTE(G~L~C @ Jul 29 2008, 01:38 PM) [snapback]1456780[/snapback]
QUOTE(ViceMan @ Jul 29 2008, 01:01 PM) [snapback]1456777[/snapback]
Dagenham

i'm not too sure why i put that,changing it.

oh,um,near rainham

Oh well, at least it's not the shitty part of Dagenham.

P.S Dagenham isn't in Essex, it's a London borough.
GLC
yea on google maps it says that but i've always been told it's in essex,but i'll change it unsure.gif

perhaps back on topic now tongue.gif
angeal18
QUOTE(G~L~C @ Jul 29 2008, 01:05 PM) [snapback]1456790[/snapback]
yea on google maps it says that but i've always been told it's in essex,but i'll change it unsure.gif

perhaps back on topic now tongue.gif

im from tampa by the way.
GLC
2 england,2 usa then
going to be a little harder to organize then...
bOnEs
lol, i'd like to see this happen though... i think it would be kick ass to mess around (especially in free mode with some headsets), with a group of people from here... i've only played with a few of you, and only one at time too... no clan activities such as what's been suggested...

organizing is the key though... we all got lives outside this board (with the exception to THIS GUY) so, there needs to be a set date/time where people from both sides of the ocean can participate and agree upon...

16 PS3'ers must agree to do this!!! do it... do it... umm, whenever we agree to a day that is biggrin.gif...
ViceMan
16 is going to be difficult to manage, there's only 5 now.
GLC
wont be able to use mic. someone borrowed it and some how broke it.i can only hear people talking but cant speak back now.i'll still put it on,see what you all sound like,take orders ect.

edit: added everyone here exept for stoic on PSN
ViceMan
I don't have a mic anyway, I don't want to hear people shouting random obscenities. I can do that myself perfectly well.
GLC
i'm really interested in getting this started now.I'm getting a bit bored of gta and i need something to come along that keeps me playing for a while longer.So,anyone else out there wanna get involved?

[lies] analogkid,if you join i'll change my sig back to normal. [/lies]
TheAnalogKid2112
I'm in. But G~L~C if you don't change your shit back I'm gonna report you cause thats pretty fucked up.
GLC
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Aug 2 2008, 07:10 PM) [snapback]1457331[/snapback]
I'm in. But G~L~C if you don't change your shit back I'm gonna report you cause thats pretty fucked up.

well i got what i wanted from you...a reaction worthy of a lol.so here you go,changed.

ps: if for any reason you ever change your name a post will be going straight into request a name change thread and that sig and ava will be coming back bird.gif
angeal18
ok everybody, we will all agree if we want to do this we have to find a day we are all online on gta4. when everybody is ready that wants to play we will do it. oh yeah this is gonna be a deathmatch tornament or we all just play free mode.
GLC
i can do this any day,any time between 11am to 1am the next morning.i can only do it until around thursday afternoon though (holiday).

oh yeah,all those times GMT

edit: would prefer free mode stunting
ViceMan
I'm off work this week so any time is good. If we're having a deathmatch I must insist on using the "All", "Powerful" or "Weak" weapon sets. I don't do one weapon matches, I find them boring and they just end up in an "I kill you, you respawn, you kill me, I respawn." slaughter, and it doesn't do my K/D ratio any good. wink.gif

Apart from that a decent time/cash limit would help, I hate 10 minute matches as by the time i've got going the match is over.

Don't see how a tournament would work in free mode since kills don't add to the score.
GLC
QUOTE(ViceMan @ Aug 3 2008, 11:34 AM) [snapback]1457393[/snapback]
Don't see how a tournament would work in free mode since kills don't add to the score.

when angeal put that i think he/she ment just random stuff in free mode like stunting,not doing deathmatch in free mode.

edit: perhaps set a date now then sort out time?
bOnEs
we should bounce around between online modes... deathmatch, team deatmatch, race, GTA race(this is the one i really want to play), cops & crooks, and of couse, free mode... if we're all getting together, we might as well make the best of it and make a night out of it...

the only problem would be that when we selected something like free roam or GTA race during our match set-ups, there's no stopping other people from joining... i guess we'd have to kick em out or something... the private slots only work for the fist mode you setup... after you've played that and moved on to something else, as soon as you go back to the races and free modes, people starting showing up for some reason...

i wish it wasn't that way... R*, you idiots, when we set up private matches, keep other assholes out!!
ViceMan
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Aug 3 2008, 04:07 PM) [snapback]1457420[/snapback]
we should bounce around between online modes... deathmatch, team deatmatch, race, GTA race(this is the one i really want to play), cops & crooks, and of couse, free mode... if we're all getting together, we might as well make the best of it and make a night out of it...

the only problem would be that when we selected something like free roam or GTA race during our match set-ups, there's no stopping other people from joining... i guess we'd have to kick em out or something... the private slots only work for the fist mode you setup... after you've played that and moved on to something else, as soon as you go back to the races and free modes, people starting showing up for some reason...

i wish it wasn't that way... R*, you idiots, when we set up private matches, keep other assholes out!!

The whole system is badly designed really, I don't think consoles are designed for online gaming, we need a proper lobby to select a server from, rather than just being thrown into any server.

I don't play Race or Cops n' Crooks, matter of fact I only really play DM or free roam.
angeal18
im a guy you assholes, lets just do free mode today or next week.
bOnEs
you should try the other modes i mentioned... they are fun to play, when your with a group of friends... especially GTA race...
GLC
QUOTE(angeal 18 @ Aug 3 2008, 04:17 PM) [snapback]1457424[/snapback]

i've already said i'm not here next week.

[dramatic] but then again,nobody cares about me.it's ok,don't worry, do it next week.i'll just sit here,alone,masturbating.[/dramatic]

edit: i'm up for doing it today.just tell me when im needed ohmy.gif
ViceMan
QUOTE(G~L~C @ Aug 3 2008, 05:21 PM) [snapback]1457434[/snapback]
QUOTE(angeal 18 @ Aug 3 2008, 04:17 PM) [snapback]1457424[/snapback]

i've already said i'm not here next week.

[dramatic] but then again,nobody cares about me.it's ok,don't worry, do it next week.i'll just sit here,alone,masturbating.[/dramatic]

edit: i'm up for doing it today.just tell me when im needed ohmy.gif

Make it quick, the best of Top Gear episode is on at 8. Although in the programme guide it said it was highlights from the last series.

Anyway, if you're going to sit there wanking at least do it to something appropriate.
GLC
QUOTE(ViceMan @ Aug 3 2008, 06:04 PM) [snapback]1457440[/snapback]
Anyway, if you're going to sit there wanking at least do it to something appropriate.

*changes the tv channel to cartoon network*

edit: the next time at least three people interested are on here or on psn,we start it?two will not be much fun.

edit2: just finished playing free mode with viceman.when he joined there were 2 random people in the game but we didn't kick them.So basically for two hours we did our own little two on two team deathmatch in free mode.we pwnt them.and twice he "accidently" pwnt me....
ViceMan
QUOTE(G~L~C @ Aug 3 2008, 06:07 PM) [snapback]1457441[/snapback]

edit: the next time at least three people interested are on here or on psn,we start it?two will not be much fun.

edit2: just finished playing free mode with viceman.when he joined there were 2 random people in the game but we didn't kick them.So basically for two hours we did our own little two on two team deathmatch in free mode.we pwnt them.and twice he "accidently" pwnt me....

Eh, once I owned you, I shot you a couple more time i'll admit, but I only killed you once, the lock-on just targets the nearest person. We should do a Team Deathmatch really. In free roam I just fuck around crashing cars anyway, it's only when people go on a personal vendetta to kill me that I get the big guns out.
GLC
QUOTE(ViceMan @ Aug 3 2008, 09:38 PM) [snapback]1457459[/snapback]

Eh, once I owned you, I shot you a couple more time i'll admit, but I only killed you once, the lock-on just targets the nearest person. We should do a Team Deathmatch really. In free roam I just fuck around crashing cars anyway, it's only when people go on a personal vendetta to kill me that I get the big guns out.

no,you killed me twice.once with that damn lock on thing and another time with an rpg.you killed the other guy but i was standing right next to him shotting and you got me too.
ViceMan
QUOTE(G~L~C @ Aug 3 2008, 09:58 PM) [snapback]1457465[/snapback]
QUOTE(ViceMan @ Aug 3 2008, 09:38 PM) [snapback]1457459[/snapback]

no,you killed me twice.once with that damn lock on thing and another time with an rpg.you killed the other guy but i was standing right next to him shotting and you got me too.

Oh yeah. happy.gif Then I got sniped.
bOnEs
can't play tonight... i'm playing call of duty: ou... if any of you still have that game installed, you can join me biggrin.gif...

...i'm guessing next week then...
angeal18
maybe we should all send each other freind request to know whos online and if there actually playing gta4.

we all meet up inside and figure what to do from there.
GLC
QUOTE(angeal 18 @ Aug 4 2008, 08:32 PM) [snapback]1457643[/snapback]
maybe we should all send each other freind request to know whos online and if there actually playing gta4.

one step ahead,already done that smile.gif
ViceMan
I spend most of my PS3 time on GTA anyway, except when i'm playing GT5:P.
bOnEs
when i'm online, it's a bit misleading... half the time i am playing GTAIV online, i am playing with a friend from work... analogkid has ran into this a few times where he would send me a PM asking if i wanted to play GTA (since he notice i was already playing it) but, i was playing with my friend from work...

although, if enough of us are online, i might just invite my friend to the gta-athon to join us (if that's ok)... when it's just us playing, we never play with anyone else so, unless your interested in playing "deal breaker" with us then, the chances are i won't be playing with yous... just PM me if you see i'm online playing GTA though... i'll let you know if i am available biggrin.gif...
ViceMan
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Aug 4 2008, 09:06 PM) [snapback]1457673[/snapback]
when i'm online, it's a bit misleading... half the time i am playing GTAIV online, i am playing with a friend from work... analogkid has ran into this a few times where he would send me a PM asking if i wanted to play GTA (since he notice i was already playing it) but, i was playing with my friend from work...

although, if enough of us are online, i might just invite my friend to the gta-athon to join us (if that's ok)... when it's just us playing, we never play with anyone else so, unless your interested in playing "deal breaker" with us then, the chances are i won't be playing with yous... just PM me if you see i'm online playing GTA though... i'll let you know if i am available biggrin.gif...

I played Deal Breaker for the first time today, it was ok if a bit too easy. I hated Hangman's NOOSE and Mafia (Mafiya?) Work.
I also didn't mind Bomb Da Base, but I still prefer DM over all of the other game modes.
bOnEs
QUOTE(ViceMan @ Aug 4 2008, 04:16 PM) [snapback]1457678[/snapback]
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Aug 4 2008, 09:06 PM) [snapback]1457673[/snapback]

I played Deal Breaker for the first time today, it was ok if a bit too easy. I hated Hangman's NOOSE and Mafia (Mafiya?) Work.
I also didn't mind Bomb Da Base, but I still prefer DM over all of the other game modes.

..the cool thing about that "deal breaker" co-op mission is that even though it is easy (all the co-ops ones are), there are numerous ways to approach the mission...

~ you can just get in a car and follow the GPS track to the location...

~ you can jump on the highway and look for the section of the highway where you see a hole in the side and take the car off that (really fun jump, BTW), which lands you within walking distance of the site...

~ you can head to the rich guys place north of your starting point and take a helicopter there, which opens up a few new ways of tackling this mission... like for instance, starting your killing from the rooftop instead of on ground level...

~ driving a boat to the site (which takes a little longer because boats move slow and, you also have to find one) is fun because, there are two docking areas by the site that offer a change in gameplay because, the enemies converge on your location...

~ there's also numerous cat-walks surrounding the site and there's a place to reach these behind the smoke stacks...

~ there's two look-out towers that you can climb up... fun for people who are on watch...

~ and you can approach the site from all 4 directions, resulting in enemies converging on numerous different locations...

...the only thing that's not varied is the remaining members escaping... there's no way to add variety to that part... they're either in the boat, on bikes or in a van... but, at least the enemies aren't always scripted to be in the same location like they are in bomb da base and hangman's noose... this is the only mission that offers variety... i love it biggrin.gif...
TheAnalogKid2112
Yeah.. I'm too lazy.. you guys add me.
GLC
summary of what bOnEs missed out on-

me,vice,angeal - free roam

*ANALOG JOINS*

me,vice,angeal,analog - free roam

*ANALOG LEAVES*

me,vice,angeal - deathmatch (I WIN!) and then random free roam .

*ANGEAL LEAVES*

me,vice - random free roam,followed by the swingset glitch.

*I LEAVE*

good night smile.gif
bOnEs
i would of gutted it out 'till the end... unlike those other noobs that left laugh.gif...

when did this take place? nvm.. the 3rd i'm assuming from the previous posts...
GLC
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Aug 6 2008, 12:18 AM) [snapback]1457908[/snapback]
when did this take place? nvm.. the 3rd i'm assuming from the previous posts...

we did it last night,the 5th mellow.gif

from about 10pm - 12pm GMT

edit:i'm re-doing my friends list.i'm deleting anyone who isn't from this forum or a rl friend.all the other people ever do are send me invites and when i don't join,worry i havn't revieved the invite and decide to send me 50.that way for the next two minutes my phone doesn't stop beeping.
ViceMan
QUOTE(G~L~C @ Aug 6 2008, 10:00 AM) [snapback]1457951[/snapback]
All the other people ever do are send me invites and when i don't join,worry i havn't revieved the invite and decide to send me 50.that way for the next two minutes my phone doesn't stop beeping.

Same 'ere, and when I get there it's usually a crappy rocket launcher deathmatch, which I hate.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.