Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Everything-Proof your car
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Hints N' Finds
reform
Whether this is new or not I'm not sure, but it was news to me.
I spent quite some time with six stars driving in circles dropping grenades on the cops. Pretty awsome.

Here's the vids (not mine)
[youtube]UWnrP8U5wzc[/youtube]
[youtube]fKGv7sLz6Ws[/youtube]

All you have to do is take a girlfriend (they all work except for Michelle) out on a date. When they get in your car, start shotting/dropping grenades etc and the date will end. After that the car you are in is indesructable, and you can even save it at your safehouse.

You can only do this to 2 of your saved cars, if you try to make a 3rd the other 2 lose their EP properties.

It works for almost all vehicles, but not all of them. It doesn't seem to work on mission-related vehicles or some cop vehicles.

Cars become indestructable, even the glass and tires become bullet proof. Tires can however be burnt off by fire.

Veiwing a cut-scene while in the vehicle will remove the EP properties.

The cars wont be damaged by collisions, although collision damage will show. But you'll never start smoking, and it won't blow up, and no matter how screwed up the car gets it'll drive fine.

You can still get launched out the window so play safe.
GLC
QUOTE(reform @ Jul 25 2008, 03:14 PM) [snapback]1456308[/snapback]
Whether this is new or not I'm not sure, but it was news to me.
I spent quite some time with six stars driving in circles dropping grenades on the cops. Pretty awsome.

Here's the vids (not mine)
[youtube]UWnrP8U5wzc[/youtube]
[youtube]fKGv7sLz6Ws[/youtube]

All you have to do is take a girlfriend (they all work except for Michelle) out on a date. When they get in your car, start shotting/dropping grenades etc and the date will end. After that the car you are in is indesructable, and you can even save it at your safehouse.

You can only do this to 2 of your saved cars, if you try to make a 3rd the other 2 lose their EP properties.

It works for almost all vehicles, but not all of them. It doesn't seem to work on mission-related vehicles or some cop vehicles.

Cars become indestructable, even the glass and tires become bullet proof. Tires can however be burnt off by fire.

Veiwing a cut-scene while in the vehicle will remove the EP properties.

The cars wont be damaged by collisions, although collision damage will show. But you'll never start smoking, and it won't blow up, and no matter how screwed up the car gets it'll drive fine.

You can still get launched out the window so play safe.

it has been mentioned before here.can't remember where though,but it has.
ViceMan
I knew this from last time it was posted, but I didn't know you could only do it to 2 cars, that's probably why it stopped working after a while. mad.gif

I wonder what would happen if you held the grenades till they exploded...
GLC
QUOTE(ViceMan @ Jul 25 2008, 04:23 PM) [snapback]1456315[/snapback]
I knew this from last time it was posted, but I didn't know you could only do it to 2 cars, that's probably why it stopped working after a while. mad.gif

only one way to find out.......im trying it later lol
ViceMan
QUOTE(G~L~C @ Jul 25 2008, 05:13 PM) [snapback]1456322[/snapback]
QUOTE(ViceMan @ Jul 25 2008, 04:23 PM) [snapback]1456315[/snapback]

only one way to find out.......im trying it later lol

Just tested it out, you can safely hold onto the grenades until they explode, the grenade explodes around the car, but does no damage. I also tried it with Packie's car bombs, which WILL blow up the car. Also, you're still vulnerable to getting shot through the windscreen. Maybe i'll test out other things with it.

Also just tried the petrol pumps, the car is immune to them too, however the tyres will burn and explode.
GLC
i completely fogot about checking lol.thanks for trying it smile.gif
ViceMan
To clear some things up:

Cars become indestructable, even the glass and tires become bullet proof...

True to an extent, however if you crash at high speeds the glass still shatters, meaning you're susceptible to gunfire.

Unfortunately this isn't the case, if you total the car too much the bodywork will become so mangled it'll scrape along the road. Also the axle can still be bent, my infernus was in such a state one wheel wasn't touching the ground, I couldn't reverse without spinning and couldn't turn while accelerating. In the end I had to dump it.
HeadCrab
I'll try this later. Does it work on helicopters and bikes too?
reform
pretty sure it'll work on bikes. I tried it in a helli, but the fact you can't shoot out of them means you can only try it in the anihalator. I reckon you could make it buttle/explosion proof but i bet the blades/tail can still fall off.
GLC
QUOTE(reform @ Jul 26 2008, 01:28 PM) [snapback]1456385[/snapback]
pretty sure it'll work on bikes. I tried it in a helli, but the fact you can't shoot out of them means you can only try it in the anihalator. I reckon you could make it buttle/explosion proof but i bet the blades/tail can still fall off.

would be great if they didn't. thumbup.gif
DiO
QUOTE(ViceMan @ Jul 25 2008, 05:29 PM) [snapback]1456336[/snapback]
Unfortunately this isn't the case, if you total the car too much the bodywork will become so mangled it'll scrape along the road.

Its not an easy task to fuck up your car that badly. I've only done it be being near an exploding grenade and it intends my entire side.
ViceMan
QUOTE(R4yn3 @ Jul 30 2008, 03:27 AM) [snapback]1456871[/snapback]
QUOTE(ViceMan @ Jul 25 2008, 05:29 PM) [snapback]1456336[/snapback]
Unfortunately this isn't the case, if you total the car too much the bodywork will become so mangled it'll scrape along the road.

Its not an easy task to fuck up your car that badly. I've only done it be being near an exploding grenade and it intends my entire side.

Yeah, but as I mentioned you can hold on to the grenades and it won't destroy the car or damage the bodywork at all, besides it's easy to fuck up the car with a few high speed head on collisions into walls (I was driving an Infernus, not the toughest of cars,) just as long as you don't die after being catapulted out the car.
reform
best car to do it in is the securicar. as close to god mode as it gets. may work with the enforcers too but with some police vehicles it doesnt.
Linkin Parkinson's
HOLY SHIT! I'm about to buff up my Futo GT. I don't really have a problem with damaged cars though, it's the cars that are randomly disappearing that gets me. Which is why I never drive my cars that I saved.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.