Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can XBOX360 upscale DVD-R?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Geek Central
insertclevername
Will it upscale DVD-R just like regular dvds when connected via VGA/HDMI?

psychÝ
If you have the HD-DVD drive (why would you?) then yes, but otherwise no.
insertclevername
I don't think it has anything to do with HDDVD drive the regular xbox360 drive upscales regular dvds.
Pieface
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Jul 24 2008, 04:21 PM) [snapback]1456200[/snapback]
If you have the HD-DVD drive (why would you?) then yes, but otherwise no.

Ive got a HD-DVD Drive, with Blu-Rays selling for £18 a pop it seemed a better deal to buy the add on for £30 + 3 HD-DVDS and then also with HD-DVDs around £5 a pop seems a better deal to me =]
asthenia
QUOTE(insertclevername @ Jul 24 2008, 04:35 PM) [snapback]1456206[/snapback]
I don't think it has anything to do with HDDVD drive the regular xbox360 drive upscales regular dvds.

No it doesn't.

Also, your HD-DVD's will all run out, so it's a better deal now, yes, but give it a few years and all the brand new movies are coming out on Blu-Ray, bye bye "good deal". rolleyes.gif
psychÝ
QUOTE(Flatulent Goldfish @ Jul 25 2008, 04:48 PM) [snapback]1456320[/snapback]

No it doesn't.

Also, your HD-DVD's will all run out, so it's a better deal now, yes, but give it a few years and all the brand new movies are coming out on Blu-Ray, bye bye "good deal". rolleyes.gif

Indeed, it is clearly just a rubbish deal.
Pieface
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Jul 25 2008, 05:17 PM) [snapback]1456323[/snapback]

No it doesn't.

I never said that, but I got the price of about 11 HD-DVDs plus a HD-DVD player for the price of like 4-5 Blu-Ray movies. Id ratehr buy the movies on HD-DVD for a larger cut than if I bought the same movies on Blu-Ray, I don't care that HD-DVDs aren't made anymore but I can still get a load of movies now for alot cheaper tan the Blu-Ray Counterparts.

So Explain how its a rubbish deal?
asthenia
I'd like to see it replaced when it breaks in 5 years.
Pieface
QUOTE(Flatulent Goldfish @ Jul 25 2008, 06:15 PM) [snapback]1456325[/snapback]
I'd like to see it replaced when it breaks in 5 years.

Im not that arsed really.. In 5 years I want to live in Vancouver anyway..
asthenia
Wth does Vancouver have to do with your bad purchasing? huh.gif
Pieface
QUOTE(Flatulent Goldfish @ Jul 25 2008, 10:57 PM) [snapback]1456347[/snapback]

Nothing, but I won't be taking it with me due to the plugs so if it breaks I wouldn't be annoyed.
psychÝ
QUOTE(Pieface @ Jul 25 2008, 11:03 PM) [snapback]1456348[/snapback]

Nothing, but I won't be taking it with me due to the plugs so if it breaks I wouldn't be annoyed.

That doesn't make it a good purchase.........
Pieface
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Jul 26 2008, 05:54 PM) [snapback]1456404[/snapback]
QUOTE(Pieface @ Jul 25 2008, 11:03 PM) [snapback]1456348[/snapback]

That doesn't make it a good purchase.........

Lol, explain to me, in your little world then, how it wasn't a good purchase?

Because even if it breaks in 5 years they will still be for sale, heck you can get Betamax systems on Ebay still.
Qdeathstar
QUOTE(Pieface @ Jul 25 2008, 04:43 PM) [snapback]1456324[/snapback]

No it doesn't.

I never said that, but I got the price of about 11 HD-DVDs plus a HD-DVD player for the price of like 4-5 Blu-Ray movies. Id ratehr buy the movies on HD-DVD for a larger cut than if I bought the same movies on Blu-Ray, I don't care that HD-DVDs aren't made anymore but I can still get a load of movies now for alot cheaper tan the Blu-Ray Counterparts.

Well, I guess if your not interested in buying new movies its a good deal. What people are trying to get across to you is that there havn't and won't be any new dvdhd movie releases. If you don't plan on buying any more hd movies, then you got a good deal... but if you do then your going to need a bluray player to play them.

You won't be able to buy hddvd movies in the future because no one is producing them.
Pieface
QUOTE(Sittin @ Jul 26 2008, 07:34 PM) [snapback]1456413[/snapback]

No it doesn't.

Well, I guess if your not interested in buying new movies its a good deal. What people are trying to get across to you is that there havn't and won't be any new dvdhd movie releases. If you don't plan on buying any more hd movies, then you got a good deal... but if you do then your going to need a bluray player to play them.

You won't be able to buy hddvd movies in the future because no one is producing them.

I got a PS3 o_O
Qdeathstar
then your all set, but you still have to keep the hd thing around when you could have had one player. More stuff to clutter up.
Pieface
QUOTE(Sittin @ Jul 26 2008, 07:56 PM) [snapback]1456418[/snapback]
then your all set, but you still have to keep the hd thing around when you could have had one player. More stuff to clutter up.

Well the HD-DVD player is the same size as an External Drive. And the price for all the stuff I got on Blu-Ray would be around £160-£180

Whereas I bought it for around £70
Sharpie Fetish
I need to buy a HD DVD drive and i know people will tell me that in a few years they will be dead but some companies are still intending to support and use HD DVDs into the foreseeable future
Qdeathstar
Well, thats just wrong, Sharpie Fetish. Microsoft and Tosheba have stopped selling liscences for use of the disks, meaning no one can legally publish on them.

Pieface
Indeed, I mean the last film I think to come out for HD-DVD is Stardust if I'm right? And then its full stop. Although you can buy stuff like Heroes Season 1 for like £15 or Robin Hood for £15.
psychÝ
QUOTE(Pieface @ Jul 26 2008, 07:44 PM) [snapback]1456415[/snapback]
QUOTE(Sittin @ Jul 26 2008, 07:34 PM) [snapback]1456413[/snapback]

No it doesn't.

That just makes it even more pointless to buy one, not to mention the fact that if it breaks you have a lot of expensive coasters, but maybe you have a lot of cups who am I to know.

I got a PS3 o_O

That is just even more of a fail as you don't even need it and if it does break which you so seem to be predicting the you are going to end up with a lot of shiny coasters, but who am I to say, maybe you have a lot of cups.
Sharpie Fetish
QUOTE(Sittin @ Jul 26 2008, 08:48 PM) [snapback]1456424[/snapback]
Well, thats just wrong, Sharpie Fetish. Microsoft and Tosheba have stopped selling liscences for use of the disks, meaning no one can legally publish on them.

i saw it in a article not long ago they were still making em

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.