Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recommendations for a 3rd person shooter?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
BioSphere
I've been having an urge to play a 3rd person shooter. Are there any good ones out for the ps3 besides Army of 2?
I watched this one kid at target play a ghost recon advance warefighter demo game it looked pretty cool, but i dunno.

Whats your opinions?
shootthebandit
QUOTE(BioSphere @ Jul 22 2008, 03:34 PM) [snapback]1455839[/snapback]
I've been having an urge to play a 3rd person shooter. Are there any good ones out for the ps3 besides Army of 2?
I watched this one kid at target play a ghost recon advance warefighter demo game it looked pretty cool, but i dunno.

Whats your opinions?

MGS4, i believe there are millions of weapons and all fully customisable.

although its a stealth game it can also be played as a FPS or 3rd PS. As i dont have it yet i dunno if you get as much enjoyment playing it as a 3rd PS.
BioSphere
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Jul 22 2008, 09:37 AM) [snapback]1455840[/snapback]

Whats your opinions?

although its a stealth game it can also be played as a FPS or 3rd PS. As i dont have it yet i dunno if you get as much enjoyment playing it as a 3rd PS.

I watched my friend beat it. He bought it but didnt have a ps3.. lol he came over and beat it in like 2 days. That game isnt really something i'd be into. It looked kind of cool, but not my kind of game. Seemed like the other metal gears just more weapons and better graphics.. Looked kind of boring after a while.
shootthebandit
theres actuallly not many decent 3rd person shooters on the market. XBOX have GoW2 which looks good but us PS3 ppl will have to wait. i hear theres a new James Bond comin soon. there normally 3rd person i think (but they do tend to change with every game so i dunno) plus i dont like daniel craig as bond (but i dont think itll spoil the game).
Sharpie Fetish
Postal 3 should be coming out soon imlooking forward to that one
shootthebandit
QUOTE(Sharpie Fetish @ Jul 22 2008, 10:33 PM) [snapback]1455920[/snapback]

do u play as a mailman or maybe a worker in the sorting office.
DiO
QUOTE(BioSphere @ Jul 22 2008, 10:40 AM) [snapback]1455842[/snapback]

Whats your opinions?

I watched my friend beat it. He bought it but didnt have a ps3.. lol he came over and beat it in like 2 days. That game isnt really something i'd be into. It looked kind of cool, but not my kind of game. Seemed like the other metal gears just more weapons and better graphics.. Looked kind of boring after a while.

Pfft, its the best 3rd person shooter of all time. There is tons of hidden things (items, jokes) and there are so many ways to play the game it has a replay value through the roof. And its online play is fantastic and action packed. You are MUCH more moble in this game then you where in past MGS games. You can play in 1st person aswell. You probably havent played the previous MGS games too much or you would know how much different it really is.

But another really good 3rd person shooter is Uncharted: Drakes fortune. Its a platformer/3rd person shooter with a nice cover system action. I believe there is a demo of it on the PS store. Look for that and give it a try. It has fantastic animations in the game. Some of the best I've ever seen. The main character, Nathan Drake, has 3000 animations himself.

And it has good voice acting unlike another 3rd person shooter we all love.

*cough*
[spoiler]GoW[/spoiler]
*cough*
FuddMan

Postal 3 looks AWFUL. You may as well stick with Postal 2.
bOnEs
QUOTE(R4yn3 @ Jul 22 2008, 06:12 PM) [snapback]1455924[/snapback]
QUOTE(BioSphere @ Jul 22 2008, 10:40 AM) [snapback]1455842[/snapback]

Whats your opinions?

Pfft, its the best 3rd person shooter of all time. There is tons of hidden things (items, jokes) and there are so many ways to play the game it has a replay value through the roof. And its online play is fantastic and action packed. You are MUCH more moble in this game then you where in past MGS games. You can play in 1st person aswell. You probably havent played the previous MGS games too much or you would know how much different it really is.

But another really good 3rd person shooter is Uncharted: Drakes fortune. Its a platformer/3rd person shooter with a nice cover system action. I believe there is a demo of it on the PS store. Look for that and give it a try. It has fantastic animations in the game. Some of the best I've ever seen. The main character, Nathan Drake, has 3000 animations himself.

And it has good voice acting unlike another 3rd person shooter we all love.

*cough*
[spoiler]GoW[/spoiler]
*cough*

drake's fortune is what i was gonna suggest... it's easily the funnest 3rd person shooter behind GTAIV for the PS3... great story, great action, great game... it's intense and it really draws you in... it's hard to turn the game off when your playing... it's THAT engaging... give it a shot!! biggrin.gif...
Kamahl
well, the 3rd person shooters id suggest are... (not gonna suggest GTA IV cause i suppose you have it already)

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, awesome story and gameplay... one of the best games ive played
Metal Gear Solid 4, same as Uncharted and has online. But if you dont like hiding and sneaking you wont like it that much.
Warhawk, just online but its a cheaper game... a lot of game modes and very fun gameplay
Sharpie Fetish
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Jul 22 2008, 10:35 PM) [snapback]1455921[/snapback]

do u play as a mailman or maybe a worker in the sorting office.

Thats not even funny and i hope you ment it as a joke as in know what postal is

QUOTE(DuffMan @ Jul 22 2008, 11:49 PM) [snapback]1455929[/snapback]

Postal 3 looks AWFUL. You may as well stick with Postal 2.

Bollocks!
NIGGALICIOUS
I played Kane & Lynch. It was an okay game. Give it a try.

QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Jul 22 2008, 02:58 PM) [snapback]1455849[/snapback]
theres actuallly not many decent 3rd person shooters on the market. XBOX have GoW2 which looks good but us PS3 ppl will have to wait. i hear theres a new James Bond comin soon. there normally 3rd person i think (but they do tend to change with every game so i dunno) plus i dont like daniel craig as bond (but i dont think itll spoil the game).

how come all the Bond games after Goldeneye for N64 sucked...
bOnEs
QUOTE(Jackin @ Jul 31 2008, 12:11 PM) [snapback]1457102[/snapback]
I played Kane & Lynch. It was an okay game. Give it a try.

QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Jul 22 2008, 02:58 PM) [snapback]1455849[/snapback]

how come all the Bond games after Goldeneye for N64 sucked...

yea, goldeneye kicked major ass!! agent under fire? not so much... and these games were FPS'ers anyways...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.