Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is Battlefield: Bad company a good game?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
BioSphere
I've heard its a good game and its never in at the video store so i cant rent it. Is it worth buying and does it have split screen?
FuddMan
No splitscreen. It was good when it came out but people seem to be getting worse at the game online so it can become frustrating. Also, EA still hasn't completely fixed the network problems (most caused by the fact the only servers are hosted in the US). I thought the singleplayer was rubbish but others have loved it. I'm waiting for the classic Conquest game mode to come out for it in the next title update before I pick it up again - currently the only online mode is a new one called Gold Rush which most people don't bother playing properly now. If Conquest isn't any good then I'll be selling the game.

EDIT: I've just read that there will only be 4 maps for Conquest. I might just sell the game now, then.
BioSphere
hmm... i'll just w8 for killzone 2 then.
shootthebandit
you may have played the demo. i thought the demo was shit. there are 3 problems with this game.

1. they may have lots of vehicles( which quite frankly are awkard to handle) but the actual FPS ground combat is lacking.

2. theres too much going on for small maps. theres choppers, millions of tanks, mortors, jeeps. to me it seems a bit too frantic and chaotic.

3. friendly fire. this is really annoying. when using the mortar, your own team-mates will kill you just to use it. also annoying kids who think there funny, will try to kill there own team. i have only engaged in freindly fire once (deliberatly). a guy in my team had a ghilly suit on. i thought it would be funny to shoot him with a tracer several times to make him look like an Xmas tree. unforunatley he got angry(it didnt damage him) but he started to shoot me, so i killed him.
FuddMan
Teamkilling isn't so much of a problem in the full game on ranked matches.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Jul 22 2008, 07:47 AM) [snapback]1455846[/snapback]
a guy in my team had a ghilly suit on. i thought it would be funny to shoot him with a tracer several times to make him look like an Xmas tree. unforunatley he got angry(it didnt damage him) but he started to shoot me, so i killed him.

rofl hahaha

I'm not getting this game now that I read this. Plus I was awful at the demo. Too many enemies.
aussie_b8ler
well, considering we are in a shortage of decent FPS recently and there arn't any quailty FPS till november (resistance 2 anyone?) you should buy it.

i got Bad Company a week after it came out and finished it in a couple of days. i thought it would be just like any other FPS, but i felt as if it were different somehow. the two things that i stood out to me were that it is actually a funny game, and the fact that the environment is 90% destructable.

if you are like me and love FPS, then defo give it a go but if you are still indecisive then at least rent it to make up your mind.
Samurai_tbag
I'd get it, not as good as CoD4, but it's still a good war FPS to pass the time until bigger games are released.
The_Technician
This and COD4 are great fun

i play this quite a bit, but i have a new PSN..i can't find the thread to put my new one where the old one was, so if anyone sees this, please add: Grimey_Limey
Gazz
Yes, Get this game. I bought it on the day of release and have played single player on all difficulties (infact, all single player achievements gained) I found this game very addicitve. The demo does the game no justice as the level given on the demo is bang in the middle of a mission so its a bit "eh?". I find the multiplayer/online quite bad at times...you get alot of people team killing you which gets annoying after an hour hehe. But the online levels are alot more vast and not as fast paced as CoD4 online which is good because it gives you time to think about a tactic and not just running in!

So yeah, all in all its a great play, Bad Company is probably one of the games to have the best graphics this year (the water effects are just mindblowing) and it has a strong plot too! I love CoD4 online and love the single player but this game is definetly up there with CoD4 if not a little bit better overall (atleast graphically and plot wise!) So I think if you like CoD4, you will love this game.

-Gazz
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.