Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PS HOME
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
shootthebandit
strictly speaking HOME is not a game but who cares.

for those of you who dont know what HOME is. its a free service for PS3 users. its like XBL meets the sims. you walk around as a 3d avatar and own a 3D house. you can invite clan members (or anyone) to your house and listen to music, watch films or any other media stored on your HDD. from HOME you can launch into an online game with friends or clan members. game developers have rooms in HOME that are based on thier games.

although there has been numerous delays im still very interested. sony are pushing to have it ready by the later part of this year.

here is some footage from E3 regarding HOME. watch some of the related vids if you wanna see more
what do you think?
TheAnalogKid2112
I'm getting really aggravated with this service. It's just that I was expecting it like last year. They've delayed it so many times haha. Dude, that video was amazing. I can't wait! That's better than the trailers and from the looks of that video it looks like it's almost done.
shootthebandit
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Jul 21 2008, 05:31 PM) [snapback]1455739[/snapback]
I'm getting really aggravated with this service. It's just that I was expecting it like last year. They've delayed it so many times haha. Dude, that video was amazing. I can't wait! That's better than the trailers and from the looks of that video it looks like it's almost done.

i think it is almost done. im not a tester but i think theres only a problem with clothes loading (ghost) and involvment from other companies they "promise it'll be ready by novemember.

i too am dissappointed by delays but i think itll be worth it.
I Made Your Mom In GMod
I'm looking forward to this if only to see what the community can do in terms of user-created content. I'd love to see somebody turn their Home apartment into a battlefield or jungle or something like that. Importing 3D character models from other games and turning them into statues and the like would be excellent as well.
bOnEs
ehh... who would i meet online? my friends? i'd rather meet them in real life... i don't know, i'm sure i'll get it since it's FREE but, how much i will use it is unknown... i tried second life and thought it was boring... my guess is PS HOME is the same thing but with a video game undertone... these social network MMO's just aren't my thing... it seems too strange to me...
ENVi3
i kind of just stopped caring after they delayed it so many times.
i am sorta looking forward to it though.
shootthebandit
QUOTE(I Made Yothe dentist In GMod @ Jul 21 2008, 08:29 PM) [snapback]1455764[/snapback]
I'm looking forward to this if only to see what the community can do in terms of user-created content. I'd love to see somebody turn their Home apartment into a battlefield or jungle or something like that. Importing 3D character models from other games and turning them into statues and the like would be excellent as well.

user-created content is more for Devs but i think if your proficient with Maya(and autocad) then you may be allowed to create stuff.

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jul 21 2008, 09:52 PM) [snapback]1455774[/snapback]
ehh... who would i meet online? my friends? i'd rather meet them in real life...

well the whole point is to meet new people to game with and maybe befriend. the different rooms means that you'll find people with common interest as all forms of media are included.

over at PSU-forums we've created a movie club. people will choose a night (i think wednesday) to stream films from thier virtual home and people will come and watch. if you dont like the film, leave and come another day when theres a film you like. i think theres quite a few people interested.
DiO
It should be cool. Very intresting idea. Im just hoping it comes along with a easier system to get into the same server as someone like Steam, Xfire or XBL.
shootthebandit
QUOTE(R4yn3 @ Jul 22 2008, 02:25 AM) [snapback]1455795[/snapback]
It should be cool. Very intresting idea. Im just hoping it comes along with a easier system to get into the same server as someone like Steam, Xfire or XBL.

im pretty sure its easy to enter the servers. I think they will use party and invite systems to enter game servers (although i think itll be different for every game). the HOME servers themselves will be really easy to use. i think their based on region(im not sure if their region locked though) but you can be sent an invite from a player in a different country to enter thier virtual HOME.
DuPz0r
If you guys are interested there is an open beta of this very soon, just check the official website for an update on it's release.

www.homebetatrail.com <I think that is it.
shootthebandit
QUOTE(DuPz0rô @ Jul 22 2008, 04:27 PM) [snapback]1455854[/snapback]
If you guys are interested there is an open beta of this very soon, just check the official website for an update on it's release.

www.homebetatrail.com <I think that is it.

there is some confusion about this. apparently the open beta is the full release because its always gonna be a beta as its always changing.

apparently they are just letting more people into the closed beta soon.

well thats what ive heard anyway

EDIT: the website is http://www.homebetatrial.com/ it just says keep checking
TheAnalogKid2112

I've been checking that site for over a year, not going to happen any time soon.
shootthebandit
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Jul 22 2008, 06:50 PM) [snapback]1455877[/snapback]

I've been checking that site for over a year, not going to happen any time soon.

if they announce anything. head over to that website.

anyway does anyone know which games/devs are involved? i know theres an uncharted, a warhawk and an EA sports room. possible rooms that have not been mentioned are MGS4 and GTA.

bOnEs
an uncharted room you say? maybe there might be some info on the 2nd game in the room when this launches... i sure hope the room resembles a jungle...
DiO
The uncharted and warhawk rooms look sick. In the warhawk one I was watching the press conference and a thing popped up saying "launching game". So that will be handy in for getting in a sever w/ friends.
HB~Sauce
There is also a Resistance room, plus Bioshock I think has confirmed Home support.
Ex-PS Fanboy
i've know about this for a while, and im personally getting impatient for the release, i simply can't wait. BTW is it free? or will we have to pay
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(PS FANBOY @ Jul 22 2008, 08:47 PM) [snapback]1455969[/snapback]
i've know about this for a while, and im personally getting impatient for the release, i simply can't wait. BTW is it free? or will we have to pay

It's free. drool.gif drool.gif drool.gif
Pieface
The warhawk room looks silly tongue.gif

I don't knwo who will actually plan their tactics on that board.
DiO
QUOTE(Pieface @ Jul 23 2008, 06:57 AM) [snapback]1456002[/snapback]
The warhawk room looks silly tongue.gif

I don't knwo who will actually plan their tactics on that board.

My brother probably will.
shootthebandit
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Jul 23 2008, 05:31 AM) [snapback]1455973[/snapback]

its not actually free. well its free to download and you start of with a basic free package of furniture and clothes. extra items i.e more clothes, furniture and bigger houses can be purchased. although looking at certain BETA vids the free package is actually quite good and the basic apartment is a decent size plus they will be micro-transactions so it wont break the bank.
DiO
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Jul 23 2008, 10:55 AM) [snapback]1456032[/snapback]

its not actually free. well its free to download and you start of with a basic free package of furniture and clothes. extra items i.e more clothes, furniture and bigger houses can be purchased. although looking at certain BETA vids the free package is actually quite good and the basic apartment is a decent size plus they will be micro-transactions so it wont break the bank.

So yes, it is actually is free.
shootthebandit
QUOTE(R4yn3 @ Jul 23 2008, 08:01 PM) [snapback]1456080[/snapback]

yes!
i was mearly saying that not everything in home is free
TheAnalogKid2112
How much do you guys think a bigger living space will be? a mere 2-5 bucks or something REALLY expensive
bOnEs
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Aug 7 2008, 05:01 PM) [snapback]1458308[/snapback]
How much do you guys think a bigger living space will be? a mere 2-5 bucks or something REALLY expensive

lol, a bigger living space in a virtual world? i'd be happy with a broom closet myself...

i doubt i would spend much time in my own house... i might spend a lot of time customizing just because i love to customize stuff... i wonder if there is gonna be virtual toilet paper so i can e-tepee someone's pad?...
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Aug 7 2008, 03:35 PM) [snapback]1458319[/snapback]
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Aug 7 2008, 05:01 PM) [snapback]1458308[/snapback]

lol, a bigger living space in a virtual world? i'd be happy with a broom closet myself...

i doubt i would spend much time in my own house... i might spend a lot of time customizing just because i love to customize stuff... i wonder if there is gonna be virtual toilet paper so i can e-tepee someone's pad?...

Lmfao. Virtual-tagging. Naw I would never pay for anything in Home but I was just curious.
ENVi3
if you go to the PS Store and download the HOME theme and install it and use it, you will have a chance of getting into the Beta.
Sharpie Fetish
QUOTE(R4yn3 @ Jul 23 2008, 08:01 PM) [snapback]1456080[/snapback]

Its habbo-Free

Its free to use shit until you buy stuff though
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(X_ENVi3-_- @ Aug 7 2008, 08:26 PM) [snapback]1458356[/snapback]
if you go to the PS Store and download the HOME theme and install it and use it, you will have a chance of getting into the Beta.

Dude. The more people you tell, the less of a chance we'll have of getting in. HUSH.
DuPz0r
There is no HOME theme in the UK PS store...
ENVi3
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Aug 10 2008, 01:30 AM) [snapback]1458635[/snapback]

Dude. The more people you tell, the less of a chance we'll have of getting in. HUSH.
well, it was on a bunch of vg news sites. that's the only reason i d/l that theme.
asthenia
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Aug 10 2008, 07:30 AM) [snapback]1458635[/snapback]

Or you could tell people and just be happy for who gets in, we're all getting it anyway. rolleyes.gif
aussie_b8ler
QUOTE(DuPz0rô @ Aug 10 2008, 04:56 PM) [snapback]1458701[/snapback]

Same as the aussie store. I feel ripped off.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(DuPz0rô @ Aug 10 2008, 09:56 AM) [snapback]1458701[/snapback]

Ha!
DuPz0r
You're a Ha. Don't take the piss lol!
TheAnalogKid2112
Lol
Kamahl
well, i got the home beta a couple of weeks ago and today sony sent me another code so if anyone wants it just post here...
TheAnalogKid2112
I got a code too!

3 GB of HDD space!??!? WTF??
DiO
QUOTE(Kamahl @ Nov 21 2008, 07:34 PM) [snapback]1472364[/snapback]
well, i got the home beta a couple of weeks ago and today sony sent me another code so if anyone wants it just post here...

Me wantey!
Kamahl
QUOTE(Imaphatpimp @ Nov 21 2008, 07:59 PM) [snapback]1472370[/snapback]

Me wantey!

just make sure sony didnt send you one today
DiO
QUOTE(Kamahl @ Nov 21 2008, 08:01 PM) [snapback]1472371[/snapback]
QUOTE(Imaphatpimp @ Nov 21 2008, 07:59 PM) [snapback]1472370[/snapback]

Me wantey!

just make sure sony didnt send you one today

Lol, they did.
DuPz0r
ME WANTY!

ENVi3
i didn't get one, but at the PSU forums it says I'm a tester

i know its not my e-mail cause i got both R2 betas fine, so i don't know what's up with that
DiO
QUOTE(X_ENVi3-_- @ Nov 22 2008, 09:17 AM) [snapback]1472403[/snapback]
i didn't get one, but at the PSU forums it says I'm a tester

i know its not my e-mail cause i got both R2 betas fine, so i don't know what's up with that

IDK, e-mail someone about it.
Home is pretty cool. It was fucking hilarious playing with analog giving each other blowjobs. Its a huge pain in the ass trying to get in a bowling, pool, or chess game with someone. I finally got in a chess match Analog and realized that I didn't want to play a full game of chess but it was still pretty cool. Analog won pretty quickly after my warrior king stormed into the front lines of battle fearlessly. Having these games will be awesome to have in your room but Im sure that isn't going to be free. I was happy to see you can give your character a Fu Manchu stash. But no accompanying goatee and the hair isn't long enough. sad.gif And all the characters are scrony as fuck. I guess dumbbells don't exist in home. A lot of the feature I was looking forward too aren't in the beta. Like playing vids and music off your harddrive on the virtual boomboxes and TVs. That is only because their are no TVs and boomboxes to put in your room. Same goes for putting pictures from your harddrive in frames on the wall of your space. Some were playing music over their mics. I couldn't seem to get my mic working. The coolest area was the theater where I watched a SOCOM trailer as every seat in the place filled up. Its only the beta and its fucking packed. IDK how they are going to thin out the numbers. I guess a series of lobbies would be nice. Its pretty easy to find someone. All you do is go to your friends list and click "go to" and it will warp you right in from of your friend.
DuPz0r
Ah man i'm looking forward to pissing around on HOME with you guys.
Kamahl
QUOTE(DuPz0rô @ Nov 22 2008, 03:47 PM) [snapback]1472428[/snapback]
Ah man i'm looking forward to pissing around on HOME with you guys.

i read that the european beta invites will be sent on monday...
DuPz0r
ok sounds cool.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(Imaphatpimp @ Nov 22 2008, 09:01 AM) [snapback]1472416[/snapback]
IDK, e-mail someone about it.
Home is pretty cool. It was fucking hilarious playing with analog giving each other blowjobs. Its a huge pain in the ass trying to get in a bowling, pool, or chess game with someone. I finally got in a chess match Analog and realized that I didn't want to play a full game of chess but it was still pretty cool. Analog won pretty quickly after my warrior king stormed into the front lines of battle fearlessly. Having these games will be awesome to have in your room but Im sure that isn't going to be free. I was happy to see you can give your character a Fu Manchu stash. But no accompanying goatee and the hair isn't long enough. sad.gif And all the characters are scrony as fuck. I guess dumbbells don't exist in home. A lot of the feature I was looking forward too aren't in the beta. Like playing vids and music off your harddrive on the virtual boomboxes and TVs. That is only because their are no TVs and boomboxes to put in your room. Same goes for putting pictures from your harddrive in frames on the wall of your space. Some were playing music over their mics. I couldn't seem to get my mic working. The coolest area was the theater where I watched a SOCOM trailer as every seat in the place filled up. Its only the beta and its fucking packed. IDK how they are going to thin out the numbers. I guess a series of lobbies would be nice. Its pretty easy to find someone. All you do is go to your friends list and click "go to" and it will warp you right in from of your friend.

That was really a blast.
So last night I was stalked by this fat chick with clown make-up who followed me everywhere and said come to mamma. Whenever I bolted a corner and sat and hit behind it, there she appeared, so slowly. It was like a horror movie.

Then we started the world's longest running-man chain. I seriously couldn't stop laughing. It streched across half of the damn plaza! You should have come D-O. Here's some pics.

Then after that, I somehow got added to a Home cult.. They're called the Bubble Lord's Minions... They're all dressed in the echochrome outfit you win from getting a high score. It was so fucking funny. They were all saying "Praise your bubble lord" and "Worship the bubble lord!"
Wow. It was weird. They took me in because I thought a dude looked really funny so I copied his outfit and he got mad. Here's a pic XD.png
ROFL!
And here's a mosh pit we started at the dance area lmao.

Fun shit.
angeal18
if you look closely then you can see i was with analog when he did the running man thing. im in all the picks. i feel like doing that again.
DiO
I wish I had my mic working so i could play some music over the mic. Only problem is my main source of music right now is my PS3. I plug my MP3 player into the PS3 and listen to music. That's why I'm always online "*working out" because I'm listening to music. So I'm listening to music while my PS3 is on and that is why I have not available in my comment because at that moment I am working out. While I work out I plug my mp3 player into the PS3 so I can listen to the music that's on the MP3 player on my PS3 thus out of the decent speakers hooked up. So when I "*working out" I'm actually listening to music off my MP3 player through my PS3 and good speakers. I can't use my computer because my sound card is fucked up and it sounds like anus so all I do is plug my MP3 player into my PS3 listening to music over the good speakers I have hooked up to the PS3 because they are decent speakers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.