Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mercenaries 2 Extracurricular
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
aussie_b8ler
This is the new trailer for Mercs 2.

It is so funny. I am not going to ruin it for you.

Just watch it.

I will give you $10* if you don't laugh.

Mercenaries 2 Extracurricular

* i will not give you $10.
Zen
I don't care what you say, I'd like my $10 please.
aussie_b8ler
you didn't laugh????

i couldn't stop laughing. "is he dancing?" was a killer.

and no, you read the disclaimer.
§ynch
Saw it on the Mercs site awhile back.

MoComp. sensors, so what.

Not that funny really.
Considering the delay due to EA buying Pandemic.
Pieface
I'd like my $10 too.
HeadCrab
That wasn't funny at all. $10 please.
aussie_b8ler
you people are emotionless cyborgs sent from the planet "killjoy" to rape the earth of fun and laughter.

and about your payment.........

i never specified which dollar i would pay you with. I will go with the Trinidad and Tobago dollar as it is the weakest of all the dollars.

1 Us dollar=6.25050 Trinidad and Tobago dollars.

Considering how piss weak this is, think of that loose change you found under your sofa today as my payment.

~~spelling~~
Pieface
QUOTE(aussie_b8ler @ Jul 26 2008, 09:39 AM) [snapback]1456379[/snapback]
you people are emotionless cyborgs sent from the planet "killjoy" to rape the earth of fun and laughter.

and about your payment.........

i never specified which dollar i would pay you with. I will go with the Trinidad and Tobago dollar as it is the weakest of all the dollars.

1 Us dollar=6.25050 Trinidad and Tobago dollars.

Considering how piss weak this is, think of that loose change you found under your sofa today as my payment.

~~spelling~~

I don';t have any US Currency or Trinidad and Tobago currency under my sofa. $10 please.
GLC
QUOTE(aussie_b8ler @ Jul 26 2008, 09:39 AM) [snapback]1456379[/snapback]

he knows the truth ohmy.gif
TheAnalogKid2112
EA needs to stop trying to be "funny" and maybe focus on a game that's actually GOOD.
DiO
Mercenaries 2 looks good, actually. This wasn't that funny.
I Made Your Mom In GMod
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Jul 27 2008, 09:41 PM) [snapback]1456563[/snapback]
EA needs to stop trying to be "funny" and maybe focus on a game that's actually GOOD.

This isn't EA, the Mercs 2 team has been doing these video blogs since before they even had a publisher. Thankfully EA doesn't seem to have messed much with the development of the game so it should turn out great.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(I Made the guy who works at the cemetary In GMod @ Jul 29 2008, 05:15 PM) [snapback]1456854[/snapback]
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Jul 27 2008, 09:41 PM) [snapback]1456563[/snapback]

This isn't EA, the Mercs 2 team has been doing these video blogs since before they even had a publisher. Thankfully EA doesn't seem to have messed much with the development of the game so it should turn out great.

Oh. I saw someone mention EA so I thought it was. Didn't think the video was funny, though.
§ynch
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Jul 29 2008, 06:00 PM) [snapback]1456856[/snapback]
Oh. I saw someone mention EA so I thought it was.
Didn't think the video was funny, though.
It wasn't funny.

Electronic Arts bought Pandemic Studios, hence the delay.
(Supposed to be out in 2007, before GTA:IV)
I fear this game will be majorly watered down. EA always messes with their acquisitions.
Just like Avid did when the bought TrueVision (Targa), Digi-Design (Pro-Tools), M-Audio, and Pinnacle Systems.
Parent companies rarely are after anything but money, and most original team developers leave.
Glad I played Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction when it was still the Pandemic team.
That game kicked major ass, and I still have some glimmer of hope for World in Flames.
Not expecting the original feel though, as many of us had before EA stepped in.
TwoFacedTanner
Sure I'm a bit late on it, but it cracked me up quite a bit.
I'll have to agree the "Is he dancing" line got me.
But after two viewings it lost its charm.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(§ynch @ Jul 29 2008, 10:07 PM) [snapback]1456879[/snapback]
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Jul 29 2008, 06:00 PM) [snapback]1456856[/snapback]
Oh. I saw someone mention EA so I thought it was.
Didn't think the video was funny, though.
It wasn't funny.

Electronic Arts bought Pandemic Studios, hence the delay.
(Supposed to be out in 2007, before GTA:IV)
I fear this game will be majorly watered down. EA always messes with their acquisitions.
Just like Avid did when the bought TrueVision (Targa), Digi-Design (Pro-Tools), M-Audio, and Pinnacle Systems.
Parent companies rarely are after anything but money, and most original team developers leave.
Glad I played Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction when it was still the Pandemic team.
That game kicked major ass, and I still have some glimmer of hope for World in Flames.
Not expecting the original feel though, as many of us had before EA stepped in.

I actually just watched a few trailers for this on us.playstation.com and it looks pretty cool. Do you still think it will be? I want to know if it'll be GTA style (as in tons of free roaming and freedom with lots of cars) Or if it'll be just set levels that you have to beat then are locked.

HMMMM???
I Made Your Mom In GMod
It's like the first game, which is basically a GTA clone, but in a war zone.
They basically say: "Here's a huge country, some tanks, bikes, boats, choppers, airstrikes etc., and there are these guys you should kill. Get to it." It's less linear than a slinky.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(I Made the guy who works at the cemetary In GMod @ Jul 30 2008, 02:59 PM) [snapback]1456992[/snapback]
It's like the first game, which is basically a GTA clone, but in a war zone.
They basically say: "Here's a huge country, some tanks, bikes, boats, choppers, airstrikes etc., and there are these guys you should kill. Get to it." It's less linear than a slinky.

So it's good? I've never played the first one.
I Made Your Mom In GMod
It got positive reviews from all the major gaming sites, but it's down to opinion in the end. I personally rank it as one of the best games ever made - no exaggerating. The original is quite old now, so you'll be able to find it for sale dirt cheap. If you've got a 360, buy the Xbox version because it's one of the few Xbox games which are backwards compatible.
Even after all these years the graphics are pretty reasonable and the majority of the effects (smoke, fire, explosions, destruction etc.) are way ahead of their time.
TheAnalogKid2112
I'll have to check it out. I hope they have a demo.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.